THE WILD WILD WEST  @ wildwildwest.org
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Wild Wild West - Chat and Play
 Wild Wild West General Discussion Board
 Favourite lines of dialogue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cindylover1969 Posted - 12/26/2008 : 12:34:26
Yes, the ever-popular game is back! For those who've forgotten, the rules are:

1. One of us quotes an episode (and tells us which season it's from).
2. The rest of us try and guess what episode the quote comes from.
3. The winner (and ONLY the winner - no barging in, please) sets the next one.
4. Like ccb's quizzes, only checking the actual episode is allowed (no other resources, for example books written by Susan Kesler ).

Before that unfortunate mishap, the quote was "Was that a shot?" as set by nittanyapple...
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
California gal Posted - 10/21/2017 : 07:00:08
The game is most certainly open to all--and if you look back on the early pages, there was a time when many were playing it. Please, jump in any time! Niecie and I are just keepin' it goin' in the hopes that it will regain at least a fraction of its popularity. A good way to show your interest in, love for, and knowledge of the series!
beerbad Posted - 10/20/2017 : 10:54:29
To niecie: No, I don't even know enough to keep my mouth shut till I get all the information ready. I gave Calgal the episode and she got the rest! Just teasing, ladies, and I hope I didn't intrude into your game. I guess it's open for all? Now back to the game.
California gal Posted - 10/18/2017 : 13:55:39
Season 3:

Always gallant!
niecie Posted - 10/18/2017 : 13:15:20
There you go.

(And I'll admit, I found it hard to keep track of which character was which in that episode. I tend to think of them as the lawyer, the partner, the husband, the nephew - the names I would have to look up.)

Your turn, Cal Gal.
California gal Posted - 10/18/2017 : 12:50:59
I get them mixed up and haven't watched the ep in ages.

Mordecai Krone?
niecie Posted - 10/18/2017 : 12:40:41
Not Rydell, but your situation is pretty close. (And that wasn't Rydell getting schnockered in the cellar.)
California gal Posted - 10/18/2017 : 12:30:22
OK, I'll make a wild guess: said by Steven Rydell, perhaps when the wine/sherry? is brought out the first time, or else when he's imbibing it in the cellar.
niecie Posted - 10/18/2017 : 08:35:02
You know nothing? Not so, beerbad! You know what episode it is!

Now, to help pinpoint where to look, consider Clue the third carefully; it is eminently germane to the quote.

Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:
As is appropriate for the fourth season, I should inform you from the start whether Artie's in this one. Well, he isn't.

Clue the second:
Everyone wants to make sure that one woman knows 'her place.'

Clue the third:
Ok, I'll admit I know little about wine, but I thought sherry wasn't classified by year?

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:
One of those episodes where the weather should probably have had an acting credit; the thunder certainly crashed with dramatic timing

Clue the sixth:
Speaking of dramatic timing, at the line 'fires of perdition,' cue the atmospheric howling...

Clue the seventh:
I once read a fanfic where all the characters in this episode (except Jim, of course) were based on the characters of Gilligan's Island.

Clue the eighth:
Doesn't anyone in this place ever shut a door securely? That's the fourth door or shutter that's been blown around by the wind!

Clue the ninth:
The clue of the glass on the window sill

Clue the tenth:
The conundrum of the claws up the sleeves

beerbad Posted - 10/17/2017 : 10:09:49
Sounds like Bleak Island to me. But, like Schultz, I know nothing.
niecie Posted - 10/15/2017 : 16:42:38
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:
As is appropriate for the fourth season, I should inform you from the start whether Artie's in this one. Well, he isn't.

Clue the second:

Clue the third:
Ok, I'll admit I know little about wine, but I thought sherry wasn't classified by year?

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:
One of those episodes where the weather should probably have had an acting credit; the thunder certainly crashed with dramatic timing

Clue the sixth:
Speaking of dramatic timing, at the line 'fires of perdition,' cue the atmospheric howling...

Clue the seventh:
I once read a fanfic where all the characters in this episode (except Jim, of course) were based on the characters of Gilligan's Island.

Clue the eighth:
Doesn't anyone in this place ever shut a door securely? That's the fourth door or shutter that's been blown around by the wind!

Clue the ninth:

Clue the tenth:
The conundrum of the claws up the sleeves
niecie Posted - 10/15/2017 : 11:37:14
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:

Clue the sixth:

Clue the seventh:

Clue the eighth:

Clue the ninth:
niecie Posted - 10/11/2017 : 14:52:31
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:

Clue the sixth:

Clue the seventh:

Clue the eighth:
niecie Posted - 10/11/2017 : 08:31:54
Sorry, not Sabatini Death. (Although I can kind of hear Jim Backus saying such a line!)

Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:

Clue the sixth:

Clue the seventh:
And speaking of Jim Backus, I once read a fanfic where all the characters in this episode (except Jim, of course) were based on the characters of Gilligan's Island.
Cindylover1969 Posted - 10/08/2017 : 21:33:44
Is it Fabian in "The Night of the Sabatini Death"?
niecie Posted - 10/07/2017 : 15:02:45
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:

Clue the sixth:
niecie Posted - 10/07/2017 : 13:21:48
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings

Clue the fifth:

niecie Posted - 10/04/2017 : 14:11:40
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:

Clue the fourth:
Cameo earrings
niecie Posted - 10/04/2017 : 09:02:51
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:

Clue the third:
niecie Posted - 10/01/2017 : 18:12:36
Season 4
A true nectar

Clue the first:

Clue the second:
niecie Posted - 10/01/2017 : 15:06:48
Oh!

Ok, let me find something...

Season 4
A true nectar

And bonus first clue, which, as is appropriate for the fourth season, is to inform you whether Artie's in this one. Well, he isn't.
California gal Posted - 10/01/2017 : 14:09:20
Oh! Oh! Oh! I did not notice my typo! It IS season 3 and it IS Artie in Montezuma's Hordes. The clue of course refers to Artie's Scandinavian waiter guise.

It is yours, Niecie!
niecie Posted - 10/01/2017 : 12:26:29
Argh! I'm sure Artie speaks the line in TNO Montezuma's Hordes, but that's the wrong season. (And I don't understand the clue. Yet.)
California gal Posted - 09/30/2017 : 11:57:20
Season 4:

Now it belongs to posterity.

Clue #1: Saffransbullar and Pepparkakor
California gal Posted - 09/27/2017 : 07:43:24
Season 4:

Now it belongs to posterity.
niecie Posted - 09/26/2017 : 15:59:41
(Yeah, my last few clues got pretty blatant!)
California gal Posted - 09/26/2017 : 14:40:36
Yes, it didn't immediately strike me that it could be from the same episode. But as time went on, your clues indicated just that!

I will find a new quote.
niecie Posted - 09/26/2017 : 14:21:38
Ding ding ding! Yes, the Imperialista prisoner Sordo and company have staked in their camp, that's who Jim is asking about. Your turn!

(When I was checking this episode for your previous quote, the similarity of the questions really hit me, so I went with the second version. Possibly a bit tricky - but as Artie says, 'So sue me!')
California gal Posted - 09/26/2017 : 14:11:43
Oh, it just hit me, I think.

Jim to Sordo asking about the fate of the prisoner?
niecie Posted - 09/26/2017 : 14:06:47
Not about the horse.

(But seriously, if you wanna call this close enough, you can go ahead and post a new quote. And then I'll let everyone know the rest of the answer, no problem.)
California gal Posted - 09/26/2017 : 13:55:45
Hmm... who else is present in that scene? Not Mr. Ed!

Someone talking about the stolen horse?

THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000