Looney Tunes!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  20:21:07  Show Profile
I have been debating if I would bring this up. So now you know which side one the debate.

I thoughtI remembered a conversation with Jim West and Grant in which they discuss that Grant attended West Point with Jim's father. As far as I know such a conversation did not take place.
I do not know where this came from. I wonder if I dreamt it? The thing is that I did not know that Grant attended West Point until I read Sue's book and I had been looking for this quote long before that.
Likewise, I thougt in Vicicous Valentine that Jim escaped that contraption by throughing pillows at the machine to release him.

Looney Tunes

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  20:37:42  Show Profile
I thought I remembered a conversation with Jim West and Grant in which they discuss that Grant attended West Point with Jim's father. As far as I know such a conversation did not take place.

As far as I know, I don't remmber it's happening, either. It's certainly news to me. The only thing we know for sure from the series about West's father is that he had a brother named James. Our Jim was named for his uncle ("The Night That Terror Stalked the Town").

The best episode to learn about (our) Grant's days at West Point is "The Night of the Arrow," when he's reminiscing to the agents in their varnish car about how gifted and popular General Baldwin was during their student days at the Point.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  21:19:53  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
can't recall besides ccb's mention of Grant being in West Point in the series, but I knew from my own research & college class on the civ war & reconstruction that he did attend WP...

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000