New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  12:21:10  Show Profile
Hey everyone.

I just found out in old fanzine article that Robert Conrad attended the Chicago Junior Military Academy from 1942-1949, and graduated in 1949. The article's a fascinating one, talking about why Robert was learning karate, and how it had to do with a prize he won in school then lost.

Trina

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  14:47:03  Show Profile
Ah those fan mags. Got in trouble for bringing one to school once. I think they made up most of the stories but I bought them for the pictures mostly. I remember one article with Robert Conrad when he was on Hawaiian Eye. It was about how he would wear those thing sent to him by fans, like sweaters.

In 1942, he would have been 7 and in 1949 14. I did a google search and could only find a high school established 1999. It might be a true story but... is there anyone who can verify it???
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  15:34:13  Show Profile
The school may have existed but then closed down. This was the closest I could get to finding any information on where Robert went to school or what he did during that time. Those fanzine articles aren't always very accurate.

Robert used to wear sweaters fans sent him? How cute!

Trina

P.S. Does he read this board?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000