Comment on TNOT Feathered Fury
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  10:51:37  Show Profile
There is one thing that I find hilarious, yet very disappointing about this episode, and I have yet to see anyone refer to it. When Jim sends up the flare to warn Arte that the Eccentrics have boarded the train, we see Arte apparently romancing a lovely young woman. But it is, for me at least, ridiculously obvious that Ross Martin is about to kiss a maniquin! If you don't believe me, run that bit on slow-mo. She doesn't move a muscle while Arte moves in to kiss her, turns to see the flare, reacts, and runs off to the rescue.

Or has this been discussed to death in the past?

Silver

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  13:34:48  Show Profile
I think you mean The Night of the Feathered Fury. I will watch and get back to you.

Well I am back and decided just to edit. She acts like a maniquin but is definitly alive. I think she remains so still as to show that Artie leaves her in mid kiss. Note at the begining of the kiss she turns her head. What do the rest of you think?
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  05:28:53  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
That was The Night Of The Feathered Fury. Am sure they did not use a mannequin for that scene.
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  09:52:03  Show Profile
Hmm. Never noticed this. I have noticed that she, or it, never moves a muscle.

I always assumed that she was the Colonel's assistant, seen at the start of Act II, but that's probably fantasy on my part.
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  17:13:39  Show Profile
Yes, of course it's the Feathered Fury. Silly error on my part.

Okay, I've studied it some more. The apparent movement at the beginning I believe is due to Ross manipulating the maniquin with his (out of sight) right hand. It looks like her head is probably moveable. But there is not the least change in expression or the position of the rest of the body relative to itself. And that face looks very fake, even in the dim light.

I'm not saying I can't be wrong, but every time I see it, it still seems like a maniquin to me. Even on any variety of slow speeds.

I'm sure volunteers could have been / could be found to kiss Ross and/or Artemus.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  19:27:57  Show Profile
Silver: I'm sure volunteers could have been . . . to kiss Ross and/or Artemus.

Yeah, but the producers would have had to pay them. Dummies have no union, except forówell, never mind.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  20:52:16  Show Profile
"I want that BIRD, ya hear me?"

Classic.

So sad that Victor Bueno did not return for another shot at Jim and Artemus.
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  11:44:47  Show Profile
Silver: But it is, for me at least, ridiculously obvious that Ross Martin is about to kiss a maniquin!

I saw this sequence again last night. She moves; she's real. She just does a very good job of staying transfixed as Ross Martin is about to kiss her. Some would say that requires no acting talent.

You know, she does look to me like the same actress who plays the colonel's aassistant, Wanda, at ths start of Act II. What do the rest of you think?
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  11:58:55  Show Profile
This is great. I enjoy a non-combative difference of opinion. Shall we try a poll?

In The Night of the Feathered Fury, Artemus is about to kiss a woman under a tree when Jim sends up his distress signal from the train. Two questions are open for debate

1) Is that a real woman or a mannequin?

2) If a real woman, is it the actress who plays the colonel's assistant, Wanda, at the beginning of Act II?

Everyone doubtless has their own opinions, and I don't think I can be convinced she's real, no more than ccb will be convinced it's a mannequin.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  16:04:37  Show Profile
I watched this one late last night and there is just the tiniest, slightest hint of head movement in the woman/mannequin when you first see her, but in the next very short shot she does look like a mannequin. I think it is a person, though. Just that her acting is a bit "wooden."

TT out until tommorrow
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  15:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Just thought that her acting was a bit "wooden."

Good one, Tundra.
Go to Top of Page

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  12:25:51  Show Profile
Yes, but wooden you like to ber in her place!?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  13:24:30  Show Profile
Tundra Ted prefers the ladies...

Go to Top of Page

Rigger the cat
Secret Service recruit

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  13:51:24  Show Profile
you said it, Tundra!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000