SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  15:42:44  Show Profile
quote:
James West vs. James Bond

James West vs. Jack Bauer

James West vs. Sidney Bristow

James West vs. John Steed

I know who James Bond is but I am unfamiliar with the rest. As far as bond goes, they would join forces and be unbeatable
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  17:16:01  Show Profile
: )

John Steed is from the 1960's and 1970's British Spy/Adventure/Fantasy television shows THE AVENGERS and THE NEW AVENGERS.

Sydney Bristow is the part Jennifer Garner plays in ALIAS.

Jack Bauer is the part Keifer Sutherland plays in 24.

What a wonderful site this is!
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  17:34:13  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
James West vs. James Bond
I'd say, both equal. As Mary said, if they join forces, they'd be unbeatable.

James West vs. Jack Bauer
Definitely James West!!!

James West vs. Sidney Bristow
Oh dear, will Jim's charms work on Sidney? Hehehehe.....possible. But then, Sidney's seductions will also work on Jim I had always thought who'd be better if they met. They'd call a truce and end up in...........

James West vs. John Steed
Definitely James West!!!!

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  07:36:40  Show Profile
Adorableblue, your answers are SO correct.
Go to Top of Page

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  07:51:41  Show Profile
Jim West would win in the end against all of these characters because Artie would rescue him in the end. The one we need to worry about is Emma Peel - she would have kicked Jim's ass.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  08:35:46  Show Profile
Good one, MaudeB. "Mrs. Peel...we're needed."

She could use her slow motion kung fu against Jim West's boxing.
Go to Top of Page

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  08:53:50  Show Profile
Actually, that black leather body suit she wore would thrown even the unflappable Jim West for a loop, just long enough for Mrs. Peel to get a few good kicks in.

She was a role model for some of us alive back in the 60's. Most women in movies or TV at that time, when trouble appeared, just screamed and fainted alot. (Of course, back then I was not allowed to take automotive classes in high school because I would get dirty.)
Even some of Jim's and Artie's comments were a bit sexist, but they were so cute I forgave them.

Times have changed (thank goodness.)
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:06:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MaudeBEven some of Jim's and Artie's comments were a bit sexist, but they were so cute I forgave them.

I know, don't you just want to punch them when they say something like 'That's why women shouldn't be educated.'? But then kiss the idiocy out of them, right?

Silver
Go to Top of Page

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:20:10  Show Profile
That is the exact remark that came to mind when I thought of their sexist remarks. But I'm pretty sure we could have changed their minds. I REALLY like the kissing plan!
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:28:28  Show Profile
I don't think West and Steed would battle; they're both too classy not to work things out intelligently between them. But Mrs. Peel would eat West's lunch.

Now, I think West could beat Napoleon Solo hands down, but Gordon and Kuryakin would run off to work in the lab together.

This all reminds me of my theory that Artemus Gordon is the great, great grandfather of Rollin Hand.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

682 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  08:08:53  Show Profile
Some excellent shows mentioned here. Alias is a current favorite of mine. Sydney isn't charmed easily (except for Affleck} but Jim is so darn quick. That is a lethal right leg that she has there, and if it connected ...

Mrs. Peel in her prime vs. Sydney Bristow would be more fun than pudding.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  08:27:16  Show Profile
Good morning, beerbad. Yes, ALIAS is a favorite of mine too. Fun show to watch. Hope all that all the new characters they are adding to APO don't ruin the fun. I think that Sidney is a bit taller and stronger than Mrs. Peel was in her prime and much quicker.
Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven
SS 1st assignment - desk job

393 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  22:01:26  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
quote:
I know, don't you just want to punch them when they say something like 'That's why women shouldn't be educated.'? But then kiss the idiocy out of them, right?

I like the way you think....
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  13:27:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tundra Ted

Good morning, beerbad. Yes, ALIAS is a favorite of mine too. Fun show to watch. Hope all that all the new characters they are adding to APO don't ruin the fun. I think that Sidney is a bit taller and stronger than Mrs. Peel was in her prime and much quicker.

Ah, but... You have to remember that for her time Mrs. Peel was represented as far more competent than was generally acceptable for a woman on television. A Sidney would never have been allowed to be shown back in the 60's. In fact, we have to remember this with all then/now comparisons. If James West were being developed now, he would be much more advanced in martial arts. So there's that to consider with our comparisons, too.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  06:42:08  Show Profile
Would be interesting if someone good would make a new TV version of The Wild Wild West and be really serious about it. An actor that I think could play Jim is that guy who was on that short-lived UPN series "7 Days" a few years ago. But, he might be too old now. But, no one could ever match the old show, even with updated technology and other things.
Go to Top of Page

Rigger the cat
Secret Service recruit

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  13:52:39  Show Profile
Interesting topic

Interesting website
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000