New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  16:50:02  Show Profile
Hello Again,
I teach P.E. k-6 and my school has a 5 day weekend so I am having a personal west marathon. One I wanted to see is one with the little room with spikes that closes in on him, but I can think of the title.

A similar perdiciment as well is the one with the sword? on a pendulum of sorts that swings lower and lower, great action.

I checked in the episode guide, but the one on tvtome,, or its now tv.com, is pretty basic and gives only a sentence or so about the episode. Any reccomended sites with a solid 4 season ep. guide?

Well I appreciate any time and knowledge that can answer my q's about those two eps and a good site for a ep. guide.

Thnaks again,
-MIKE "its, its, it's the josey wales!"...

MDS

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  19:04:57  Show Profile
Mr. Wales: my school has a 5 day weekend so I am having a personal west marathon.

A splendid idea. May your tribe increase.

One I wanted to see is one with the little room with spikes that closes in on him, but I can think of the title.

"The Night of the Tottering Tontine" (1967), guest starring Harry Townes and Robrt Emhardt.

A similar perdiciment as well is the one with the sword? on a pendulum of sorts that swings lower and lower, great action.

"The Night of the Deadly Blossom" (1967, with thanks to Edgar Allan Poe), guest starring Nehemiah Persoff and Miiko Taka.

Your question about a good website with detailed, accurate episode information is tougher. Others may know of sites that I don't. The site you're on right now is over halfway through summaries and critiques of the entire series (now early in Season Three). Someday it would be nice to see them separately marked for easy access. Until then, you may want to consult the threads, spead across the past two years, devoted to reviews of individual epsiodes by title.

And welcome aboard.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  04:58:23  Show Profile
SLIGHT correction:

The Night Of The Tottering Tontine was from 1966, not 1967.

One of my personal favorites from the awesome season 2.

TT
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6503 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  09:09:47  Show Profile
I agree to that. Tottering Tontine is an all-time favorite of mine also and I watch it a few times every month!!
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  09:56:39  Show Profile
http://www.uvm.edu/~glambert/season1.html

I believe this web belongs to Gary Gilbert. It has an episode guide. The best is the book The Wild Wild West The Series by Susan E. Kesler that was availble on this site. Is it still?

quote:
One I wanted to see is one with the little room with spikes that closes in on him, but I can think of the title.

There are at least two that come to mind, my mind won't go into gear right now, The Night the Dragon Screamed and The Night of the Tottering Tontine
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  23:21:17  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
Late as usual! My welcome to Josey and Rigger (and anyone else I miss?) Another site you could check is tv-tome.com. Its got lots of eps synopsis for other shows as well.

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  07:02:32  Show Profile
I forgot about that book. Ive ssen it before and it would be a crown jewel in any library, definity going to get a copy soon. I agree that that season two had some of the best eps. like the tottering tontine, watery death and skulls, those three I think are some of the very first wests I ever saw when I was a kid, great memories for sure.
The ones I have were taped on TNT a few years ago, but is there any release date for the dvd official release? I know columbia house did some sort of season one type deal, but it dosent seem like the official release that so many old shows have done recently.
Thanks again.
MIKE

MDS
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2005 :  15:45:07  Show Profile
T. Ted: SLIGHT correction: The Night Of The Tottering Tontine was from 1966, not 1967.

Thanks, Ted, for keeping us honest. It was produced in '66 and carries a '66 copyright, but your correction stands: This episode was broadcast on 6 January 1967 as the first episode of that year.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  04:56:26  Show Profile
I did not know all that

The year 1966 just popped into my old head.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000