4357 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  06:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Roger

Brandon
Secret Service recruit

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  08:19:33  Show Profile
Thanks. I was searching for information on WWW dvds and I found this site. It's cool that there is a forum dedicated to this great show. I still can't believe Hollywood made that horrid remake movie with Will Smith. I was worried that the movie would pollute the ideas of people who have never seen the show and give them the wrong impression of what the WWW was about.
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  08:36:44  Show Profile

This is an awesome site THANKS SASSY with awesome people.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4357 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  08:43:44  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Brandon, you have come to the right place to meet people who despise the horrible, shameful, rotten WILD WILD WEST movie.
Go to Top of Page

tina_als_girl
SS spy school graduate

55 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  08:52:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonI still can't believe Hollywood made that horrid remake movie with Will Smith. I was worried that the movie would pollute the ideas of people who have never seen the show and give them the wrong impression of what the WWW was about.

Well, you needn't worry about that. I'm one of the few who actually likes that movie... HOWEVER, it was *because* I liked that movie that I got into the original series, and I'm so very glad I did!

Welcome to the site! I know you'll have a lot of fun here.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  08:55:11  Show Profile
I may have seen about 15 minutes of that horrible Will Smith movie---with the giant taranchula and hated every minute of it. Jim and Artie were not even friends in this dumb story. I like Will Smith, but as a black James West he absolutely s*cked. I wish that movie was never made. Originally it was supposed to have Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise or others playing Jim. That could have worked out as long as the story would have been better too.
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  09:27:42  Show Profile
Welcome aboard, Brandon. You are among friends. The one good thing I can say for that execrable movie is that it led tina–als-girl to The Real Deal.
Go to Top of Page

Brandon
Secret Service recruit

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  10:52:54  Show Profile
I like Will Smith. He just didn't fit the part of James West at all. Plus I hated how they presented Dr. Loveless. The original Dr. Loveless was classic and flawless.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  21:45:51  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
Welcome Brandon!

*bows head in shame* yes, I own the VHS of "that rotten movie" and yes, I do actually watch it once in a great while when I need a laugh that has nothing to do with what Aristotle calls New Comedy, but rather what is Old Comedy and I just have to try to pretend the two WWWs aren't related in any way what so ever

but if "that movie" should ever go up in flames, not one tear would be shed, but if my tv series eps ever should go up in flames or God forbid the VCR eats them, I just may die of sorrow and a broken heart (after running around insanely screaming and howling and hyperventilating)

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

tina_als_girl
SS spy school graduate

55 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  07:58:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter EppingI wish that movie was never made.

If I'd already been a fan of the show when it came out, I would have completely agreed. But I'm glad it *was* made, 'cause it led to me *becoming* a fan. So, it holds a special place in my heart (though I do acknowledge and understand people's complaints, and I have my own, but to a lesser extreme). Plus, I usually just think of it as an Alternate Universe when I watch it...

quote:
Originally it was supposed to have Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise or others playing Jim. That could have worked out as long as the story would have been better too.

It was George Clooney. However, Sonnenfeld wanted Clooney as Artie, and Clooney refused to do the movie unless he played Jim. I wish they'd listened to him... He would have made a great Jim.

And the original script (if it is indeed for real; I've never been able to confirm it either way) was *far* better than the final product, and even had some great injokes, too... And Loveless was our beloved Miguelito, and Voltaire was there, too... *sigh* Ah, what could have been.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  09:56:43  Show Profile
Thats right....I forgot about George Clooney being up for the part. I just remember there were a lot of famous actors who were thinking about it. Too bad it never ended up that way.
Go to Top of Page

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  12:37:50  Show Profile
George Clooney was up for that Movie!? Clooney would have distracted me from the rotten script - in fact, I don't think I would have remembered the script.

Ah, George, if only . . .
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  12:47:21  Show Profile
Actually--Robert Conrad should have been James West in the movie since he's still in good shape.He would have had to fix his hair though.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4357 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  13:09:45  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
I remember reading that RC said that Jackie Chan would of been a better choice as West.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  16:18:17  Show Profile
I read that Robert Conrad thought Jackie Chan was the only fighter that was as good as he is, not that he should be the next James West. Makes sense since Chan is Oriental. But I did agree that Conrad would have met his match with a fight against Chan. That's probably what you are thinking about.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000