I Saw It in My Dreams
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  19:49:34  Show Profile
After two absolutely exhatusting days at a conference, I went to bed early last evening, totally zonked, and slept like a stone for twelve straight hours. And during that long night into day, I dreamt yet another, different version of an episode of The Wild Wild West.

It was exceptionally vivid at the time and immediately upon waking, though I've now forgotten most of it. Essentially, it was a much better remake of "Miguelito's Revenge," with not only Michael Dunn but also Ross Martin. Among the things I remember:

1. Its storyline included elements of "The Murderous Spring" and "The Skulls." The premise was that Loveless had somehow brainwashed a series of daily "child" murderers (not kidnappings). West was "Thursday's child" and had seemed to kiil Artemus (by strangulation, in a very frightening scene). In so doing, West was accepted by Loveless into his organization. But all this was (a la "Skulls") a hoax: West had only pretended to slay his partner. Toward the end of my dream/episode, there was a grand party somewhere: West was in one place, Loveless another, and Artie was yet somewhere else. The suspense in this scene was who would meet whom first, either protecting the ruse (and West) or exposing it (thus jeopardizing the lives of both agents).

2. I remember that it was very colorful. It was as though I was dreaming in deep Technicolor: the kind that Dorothy sees when she opens her door and there lies Oz. When the commercial breaks came, the freeze-frames were those awful Lansbury cartoons, but their paints were bright and deep.

3. I also recall how happy I was that Ross Martin was wearing his first-season dress suit, complete with cape, and how delighted I was to be seeing this in color.

4. Michael Dunn was wearing a strawberry-blonde fright-wig. Why, I have no idea.

5. My dream came with a backstory explanatiom on why this version of "Miguelito's Revenge" had been hidden away in the vaults and never screened during the series' first run. The reason: Ross Martin had filmed this episode before his heart-attack. His character's seeming death was too close to the bone of reality, and the producers had shelved the show, even after it had been edited and scored. In its place, they had radically rewritten the script, then reshot the much tamer "Miguelito's Revenge" as we know it, with Charles Aidman. I even made up a reason for why the fourth season had only 24 episodes: the "original" "Miguelito's Revenge" had been over-budget in production, and its cost—plus that of refilming another version of it (the one we saw)—blew the series' budget before they could fill out a total of 28 contracted episodes. I probably had to dream all this, because I knew you'd be expecting me to create a Weekend Quiz out of it.

6. My "Miguelito's Revenge" was a serious and scary episode. It wasn't played for laughs. When other victims died, the scenes were horrifying—not gory, but gruesome. Loveless was perfectly mannered, utterly mad, and very frightening. The cross-cut scenes were played like Hitchcock: as "the viewer," I knew where the three main characters were, but none of them (within the story) did, and I was frightened that Loveless was going to discover Artemus (thought to be dead) before West (who knew his death had been a hoax). If that had happened, Loveless was going to drop Artie right there on the spot.

And then I woke up.

lleroy
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  07:01:17  Show Profile
ccb thinks up better plots while he's asleep than I do when I'm awake! I wonder if he could be persuaded to write this up as a story?

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:55:31  Show Profile
I definitely vote for ccb to write this one for us. Great plot and exciting action.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  15:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
*giggling over Dunn in the wig*

make that 3 votes! We need more fanfic around here! (I would but I am currently engaged in writing an epic for my creative writing group )

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  16:51:53  Show Profile
Wow -
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  20:22:00  Show Profile
Wow! is an understatement and count my vote for ccb to write this. I wonder how many other fans dream of the www. I know I have but not in such detail. WOW !!!
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  20:23:12  Show Profile
Thanks for your encouragement, friends, but sorry: My day-job leaves me no time for fan-fiction. Besides, what you're praising are my dreams, not my writing. Wish me to bed, not to the keyboard!

But any one of you who likes is free to use my ideas. We'll arrange the credits the way the series used to: "Teleplay by [You]; Story by ccb."
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  14:02:40  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
(shhh I write when I'm bored at work )

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000