WQ 201: Middlers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  07:30:29  Show Profile
The title of this weekend's quiz refers, not to quality (!), but to names. Try your hand at identifying the characters who appeared in the series sporting the following middle names:

1. Bartley
2. Langley
3. Lawrence
4. Lord
5. Manning
6. Maxwell
7. Obediah
8. Petrovich
9. Quixote
10. Simpson
11. Vincenzo
12. Wiggett

lleroy
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  07:46:17  Show Profile
It looks as though I got here first, so I'll grab the easy one:

9. Dr. Miguelito Quixote Loveless, of course.

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:16:45  Show Profile
12. Wiggett -- T Wiggett Jones, of course!

I could run off to the epguide and look the others up, but nah - what's the fun in that?

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  13:16:53  Show Profile
Vincenzo

What would a quiz be without the Count?

Count Carlos Mario Vincenzo Robespierre Manzeppi
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  16:26:59  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
as long as we're being honorable for this quiz, the easy ones were taken, so off the top of my head

1. Noel Bartley Voltrain TNOT Lord of Limbo

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  09:45:35  Show Profile
On #4 I suspect this isn't someone's middle name. I seem to remember someone being introduced - possibly in Tottering Tontine - as 'So-and-so Lord Such-and-such', making 'Lord' a title, not a name. (I'm thinking of Henry Darrow's character.) The way a title like 'Lord' or 'Sir' is spoken in an introduction has to do with what the actual title is (i.e. Lord Boswell) and whether the person holds that title or is a relative of the title holder. For example, Lord Peter Whimsey of the detective book series is the younger brother of the title holder, so his older brother is 'So-and-so, Lord Whimsey', while Peter is 'Lord Peter'.

Then again, maybe this has nothing to do with the quiz question, eh? But I wanted to put in my two cents' worth. I think I know a couple of the others, but I'll have to check the DVD's at lunch.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  10:25:10  Show Profile
7. I think this is John Obediah Brown from Night of the Flaming Something or Another.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  16:14:47  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
7. I think this is John Obediah Brown from Night of the Flaming Something or Another.

I believe the word you're searching for K, is Ghost TNOT Flaming Ghost. Dang, I can't believe I forgot that one

~Red

Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  23:06:51  Show Profile
Silver: On #4 I suspect this isn't someone's middle name.

Nope; it really is. To quote Dr. Loveless, "Of course it's loaded. You know I wouldn't play a dirty trick like that on you."
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  08:24:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ccb

Silver: On #4 I suspect this isn't someone's middle name.

Nope; it really is. To quote Dr. Loveless, "Of course it's loaded. You know I wouldn't play a dirty trick like that on you."

Well, as I said, I realized that the whole title thing might not come into the question. But at least I got to show off a little bit, right?
Go to Top of Page

CharlieTobin
SS spy school graduate

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  12:06:33  Show Profile
#8: This is Ivan Petrovich Kalinkovich, from the widely-despised Miguelito's Revenge.

#3: Liston Lawrence Day from TNOT Man-Eating House.

#6: John Maxwell Avery from TNOT Casual Killers? That's just a guess, as we're going off the top of our heads...excellent quiz!

"Eyes aren't enough these days!"
Go to Top of Page

CharlieTobin
SS spy school graduate

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  13:32:49  Show Profile
One more...

#10: Ulysses Simpson Grant.

For a while, my mind was stuck on Daniel Simpson Day (aka D-Day) from National Lampoon's "Animal House"! Sometimes, the pop culture sponge soaks up a little too much...

Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  13:47:03  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
can I go for a Henry pinfeather with a bit of historical background? Ulysses Simpson Grant was born Hiram Ulysses Grant but someone screwed up when enrolling him in West Point and thought his first name was Ulysses and his middle name was Simpson, his mother's maiden name

(can't believe I missed that one too! Good Job Charlie Tobin!)

(I must be getting soft with the Winter Olympics on... as soon as they're over I can spend more time with my tapes again )

~Red

Go to Top of Page

CharlieTobin
SS spy school graduate

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  14:22:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Redhead1617

can I go for a Henry pinfeather with a bit of historical background? Ulysses Simpson Grant was born Hiram Ulysses Grant but someone screwed up when enrolling him in West Point and thought his first name was Ulysses and his middle name was Simpson, his mother's maiden name

Right on, Red! Amazing how something like an enrollment error could change a big piece of American history! I'd say the Pinfeather is due you!

quote:

(I must be getting soft with the Winter Olympics on... as soon as they're over I can spend more time with my tapes again )

I hear you...just watching the Skeleton messed me right up. I would seriously wipe out and die if I tried that...

Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  13:31:15  Show Profile
I love it when everybody chimes in for the quiz. Excellent job, Westers.

lleroy, sassy, KMills, couldron, and Redhead enjoy a five-way tie for the Henrietta for correct answers to ## 1, 7, 9, 11, and 12.

Sgt. Tobin has pinned to his tunic the Anabella of Merit for single-handedly handling ## 3, 6, 8, and 10. We salute you, sir.

And Silver receives a special Henry her charming way of showing off!

Oh—the rest:

Curtis Langley Dodd ("The Night of the Vicious Valentine," Act I);
General Titus Lord Baldwin ("The Arrow," Act 1 and tag);
Captain Horatio Manning Philo ("The Deadly Bubble," Act II).

See you guys tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  15:48:35  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
Thank you Charlie and congrats on your Anabella!!
Thank you ccb and congrats to the others on the winning team!

quote:
I hear you...just watching the Skeleton messed me right up. I would seriously wipe out and die if I tried that...

my best friend wants to go bobsledding at one of the old Olympic sites I forget where, New York state maybe? I can do the rollercoasters but waterslides and bob-sledding I still have yet to get over my fear of (rollercoasters at least have restraints!! {I used to work at Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure})

~Red

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000