WQ 202: Happy Trailers to You
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  17:02:22  Show Profile
This weekend's quiz is a takeoff from the episode couldron has currently placed under review.

Although I no longer possess the evidence, many years ago I tape-recorded the original sixty-second trailer for "The Night of the Running Death" ("Next on The Wild Wild West"). As though it were yesterday, I remember the scenes from this episode that were excerpted, then strung together, to encourage viewers to watch the show next week.

There were four scenes, each about ten or fifteen seconds in length.

Do you know, or can you guess, what they were?

Or, to put the question differently: If you had been Lenny Katzman, the show's associate producer—to whom in those days such responsibilities fell—which scenes would you have selected?

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  20:09:59  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
ummm the parts before the commercial breaks? maybe if the quiz is still open tomorrow after I'm done taking the GREs I'll rewatch the episode

I don't wanna take a standardized test!!!! I got my BA why won't they just let me get my MA?!?!

At least ccb's quizzes are anything but standard!!

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  22:03:13  Show Profile
quote:
At least ccb's quizzes are anything but standard!!

Ain't that the truth

I haven't a clue but I would start with the hotel room chocking followed by the dead hotel clerk and then the death of the first girl then opening the door to reveal the easdropper.

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6500 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  22:23:15  Show Profile
Love this episode but have no clue about a 60 second preview for it. I would only imagine action parts of the episode--like the choking scene at the start and the big fight scene at the end with Jim beating the crap out of Enzo.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  11:10:06  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
how many guesses do we get?

guess 1) the strangling of Jim through where he hears the dying man's last words in the beginning
-3 chips

guess 2) the part before the 1st commercial break where the Jim & Artie are discussing Enzo & the girl comes out with a knife in the back
-2 chips

guess 3) Jim fighting with Bardoon
-1 chip

guess 4) the bar room fight
-half a chip

guess 5) where Jim gets punched at the door by a heavy and the fight following the commercial break
-1 chip

unfortunately here family calls, so I will finish my watching and finish guessing later

~Red

Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  13:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
anyway, picking up where I left off...

I don't think they would show the part where West punches the wig off of "Miss Tyler" perhaps some of the fight scene -1/2 chip

I'm not much of a poker player so I probably just lost my chips :-P well, I'd say it was an exciting 60 seconds, probably the most exciting 60 second of the episode, so probably lots of punches and some strangling. There, my cards are laid out

~Red

Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  17:18:32  Show Profile
Well, this wasn't a rib-tickler for most, which is too bad: As time goes by, you'll probably see more of these rolling down the jeremy. Coming up with quizes isn't getting any easier.

The correct answer:

Scene #1: Opening Act II, beginning with Kohner asking, "Who did this?" and ending with Miss Tyler lamenting to West the violence of his large country;

Scene #2: After a "flip-cut," the very next scene of Artemus and Jim discussing the murder that has just taken place (as Act I ended); then another flip-cut to

Scene #3: West speaking with Colonel Diebold in the governor's hallway, ending with Jim's question, "Did you say 'Sylva'?"; finally, flip-cut to

Scene #4: El Bardoon slugging West as he enters the doorway (end of Act III) and the portion of the fight up to Bardoon's nearly dropping the clock on West. (The ultimate time-out.)

That's right: Katzman and his editors actually cut together a trailer for this episode even more boring than the episode itself. For that reason I am giving all of you who suggested better trailers a Henry, with an added plume to Red for correctly guessing one of the originals (#4 above; her guess #5).
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  17:34:05  Show Profile
Hey ccb

You always come up with the most interesting quizes. I think that I have seen most of them but if you still have the first ten how about a rerun. They were, for the most part, on the old forum. I remember that I tried to go back to the beginings but could not. It is like a missing episode, I would love to see it.

Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  17:40:08  Show Profile
couldron: You always come up with the most interesting quizes. I think that I have seen most of them but if you still have the first ten how about a rerun. They were, for the most part, on the old forum. I remember that I tried to go back to the beginings but could not. It is like a missing episode, I would love to see it.

So would I! I can't remember how many years ago I started this madness. I have no idea how to access "the old forum."(Heck, I didn't know there was an old forum. And if you of all people don't know how to access it, the prospects look mighty bleak. Maybe sassy can work some magic here someday, when she's finished calculating the Falcon cannon's azimuth and colonoscopy (or whatever it is she's doing).
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  18:32:32  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
wow, that was a pretty weak trailer I guess it was supposed to be weak to make the episode look better? sorry, that was awful of me

thank you quizmaster for anoher quiz and more plumes

~Red

Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  21:08:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ccb

couldron: You always come up with the most interesting quizes. I think that I have seen most of them but if you still have the first ten how about a rerun. They were, for the most part, on the old forum. I remember that I tried to go back to the beginings but could not. It is like a missing episode, I would love to see it.

So would I! I can't remember how many years ago I started this madness. I have no idea how to access "the old forum."(Heck, I didn't know there was an old forum. And if you of all people don't know how to access it, the prospects look mighty bleak. Maybe sassy can work some magic here someday, when she's finished calculating the Falcon cannon's azimuth and colonoscopy (or whatever it is she's doing).

I don't think Sassy can either. I think she tired
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  19:15:46  Show Profile
couldron: I don't think Sassy can either.

is right. All those Early Quizes, lost in the ether. Say it ain't so!

If I could remember what they were, I'd repeat them. Sort of like Oscar's Tribute to Oscar Montages, as Jon Stewart joked last Sunday. W-Cubed: The Lost Quizes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000