Still Seeing It in My Dreams
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  09:02:12  Show Profile
Last night's dream was a special treat: an adaptation of my own personal favorite episode. And I wasn't merely watching it; I was in it, alongside Bob Conrad and Ross Martin.

The setting was, not a television episode, but a kind of interactive theater: no proscenium arch, but theater in which the actors were performing amidst the audience. The time was today. Conrad and Martin (very much alive) allowed me and others from the audience to deliver lines and carry out other bits of stage business. It was my special honor to play the role of Artemus, with RM guiding me along. As the dream unfolded, it became clear that I hadn't had any rehearsal.

The show was "The Man-Eating House." Hurd Hatfield was not present; some really bad actor was playing Liston Day. On the other hand, I wasn't Hot Stuff, either. In the tension of the moment, I missed my cues (Conrad kept prompting me, with exasperation), fluffing or altogether forgetting my (Gordon's) lines. Sometimes I said West's lines, which didn't bother RC as much as I feared: he seemed glad I wasn't slowing the show down but kept things going. He wanted to be outta there, done with these fifth-rate amateurs. RM seemed more indulgent, though I think he too wanted the show over.

The stage was dressed with extreme surrealism: not your usual haunted–house trappings, but very impressionistic, weird, and frightening. As scenes changed, the actors led me upstairs, sometimes downstairs, in ways impossible for a real theater, but of course that's how dreams work.

Until they stop working, and I woke up.

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  11:13:00  Show Profile
It is a rare dream that I remember much detail. My dh actually had serial dreams as a kid. Each night the dream would take up from the night before.
Keep dreaming ccb I am waiting for the next installment
Go to Top of Page

lleroy
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  20:01:18  Show Profile
I'm so jealous. I never have dreams that good.

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  06:09:47  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
here's a bizzare one: last night I had quite a number of weird dreams (which are quickly fading from my memory) and in one of the middle dreams I was being held prisioner with a bunch of other people in this huge ancient house by none other than Dr. Loveless himself! I scurried around trying to find a good hiding place and I eventually chose the closet. I sat on the floor Indian style and threw a heavy blanket over my legs, making the blanket look like it was just thrown in a heap and I put this huge almost refridgerator sized box over the top half of me. Well, this twit comes in the closet too and despite my trying to shush whoever it was, they reveal my position to Loveless' helper. I was fuming From there I feigned sickness and started coughing and shuffling along and moaning, trying to make it look like I was too sick to be any good for anything. Finally Antoinette convinces Loveless that I'm not faking it (HA! ). As soon as our guardians leave I am told by the other prisoners that the first two of every three exits are booby-trapped starting from a certain exit, but no one knows which exit that is. I took a chance and opened one door and found that I had chosen a boobytrapped one (I could see a few tripwires and many large nasty looking spears Unfortunately I could not turn back because Loveless and his men were coming closer to my door. Now I'm looking at a booby-trapped, deck with the railing torn off. So I look down and it seems a long fall (about the height of one story) to a swap below. With no other option I brave it and take a running leap off the deck and land in the swamp. I got up and I started running!

That's it, unfortunately for me there was no Jim or Artie!!!! Maybe I was running off to get them

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  08:11:28  Show Profile
Love those booby-trapped doors, Red. You or someone should use it for a fan fic.

I'd place a small wager that most who visit this site dream of West more often than we realize. By now it's deeply embedded into our subconscious. The problem is remembering the dreams we have.

But then, Artie had the same problem in the tag of "The Man-Eating House."
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  15:43:47  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
Love those booby-trapped doors, Red. You or someone should use it for a fan fic.

*grins* I have considered it I've been away lately working on an epic, but WWW is never far from my mind maybe I will treat my creative writing group this weekend or next weekend

~Red

Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  06:31:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Redhead1617
*grins* I have considered it I've been away lately working on an epic, but WWW is never far from my mind maybe I will treat my creative writing group this weekend or next weekend

I wish my writing group were at all interested in reading my fanfiction. But the Austin Java Writing Company (meets at Austin Java Co. coffee house) are all terribly serious about getting original works published.

Sooner or later I'm going to find some people to form my own group, which will be called 'Virtual Illusion' based on the fact that 'Virtual Reality' is almost reality, but its just an illusion. To me writing fiction, acting, all of these things are almost an illusion - fictional; but in the end its a form of reality. Right? Virtual illusion will allow in anyone who is truly interested in a creative art. I intend it to be less formal than most, more a support/social group dedicated to encouraging members to pursue their creative dreams, and helping each other where we can.

But right now all of my energy is devoted to working on my original science fiction novel; 'The Socratic Dilemma'.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  06:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
Last night I seemed to have dreamed up an answer to last week's quiz Spot Your Partner

Actually it was a rather disjointed dream, skipping back and forth between me watching the episodes on tv and seeing Jim & Artie life-sized and real.

It was a cross between TNOT Big Blast, Vicious Valentine, and TNOT Druids Blood. Started out like Jim & Artie were sitting at a table and the general background and table decorations were red. Some waitress/barmaid handed Artie a huge Valentines Day heart-box of not chocolate but large conversation hearts. Artie tired to shove the box into Jim's hands while paying more attention to whatever plans he & Jim were making. Suddenly my dream switched to black and white and then extremely washed out color. Artie was pretending to be a counterfeiter for Loveless by night and a coach driver by day and he was dressed pretty plainly, plain pants and a plan shirt with a drab beat up open vest (he still made it look good ). Jim was standing on a building's porch waiting for Artie. Artie roughly brushed past him when Jim grabbed Artie's shoulder. Artie turned around looking tired but determined and jumped when he finally saw Jim and proclaimed that he didn't recognize Jim at first.

a few more dreams like these last two and maybe I can come up with a decent fanfic piece

~Red

Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  07:21:37  Show Profile
I wonder if this thread is making more of us either dream or remember dreams about our favorite boys? I don't remember what it was about, but I had one the other night with Jim in it. No Artie, though

Silver
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  20:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
I wonder if this thread is making more of us either dream or remember dreams about our favorite boys?

All I know is I went to bed after visiting the forum and thinking over this week's and last week's quizes and I was finally rewarded with a WWW dream

quote:
I wish my writing group were at all interested in reading my fanfiction. But the Austin Java Writing Company (meets at Austin Java Co. coffee house) are all terribly serious about getting original works published.

A pity they're not interested, at least we are interested here My group -NJ Writers' Workshop- is more laid back, a few of us are budding playwrites, once in a great while someone will bring in a poem, and then there are the fiction writers (I'm one! ) We're hoping to get published but we typically go at our own paces. If you want, I can email you the link to our Google Group and you can look at the pieces we've posted there...

quote:
Sooner or later I'm going to find some people to form my own group, which will be called 'Virtual Illusion' based on the fact that 'Virtual Reality' is almost reality, but its just an illusion. To me writing fiction, acting, all of these things are almost an illusion - fictional; but in the end its a form of reality. Right? Virtual illusion will allow in anyone who is truly interested in a creative art. I intend it to be less formal than most, more a support/social group dedicated to encouraging members to pursue their creative dreams, and helping each other where we can.

Right on Silver! Nice to know someone else out there thinks along the same line as I do about fiction and "reality" you let me know if you want to get it off the ground

quote:
But right now all of my energy is devoted to working on my original science fiction novel; 'The Socratic Dilemma'

I like the title!! Let me know how you do with it!!

For now I may take a break from my epic, especially since those two WWW dreams have certainly helped to break my WWW Writer's Block

~Red

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000