New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LongHunter
Secret Service recruit

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  15:36:02  Show Profile
I just joined up with the forum and wanted to say hello.
I have a question and if this is common knowledge to everyone just point and laugh as you pass by. Seems I remember an episode where Sammy Davis Jr. played a villian as I remember that wore a full head mask that had a jack-o-lantern look to it sort of like a headless horseman type of character. Can anyone shed any light on the episode and maybe give a synopsis of the episode? This episode seems to be one that had a lot of mystery and one that has stuck with me over the years.
I just pre-ordered my first season DVD set too, by-the-way. I was searching for TWWW on DVD when I found this site.

Mike

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  16:20:17  Show Profile
Welcome!

The episode would be: The Night of the Returning Dead.

For a real-life recreation of the scene you are talking about, see:

http://www.wildwildwest.org/w2/AG/ag98/bronson/bronson.html

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."
Go to Top of Page

Private North
Secret Service recruit

25 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  00:01:10  Show Profile
Welcome to the site.

That is pretty well the way I found the site. Just did a search for Wild Wild West fanfiction stories and there it was.
Go to Top of Page

LongHunter
Secret Service recruit

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  03:40:45  Show Profile
Thanks!
I was going totally by memory on the episode. I haven't seen a WWW episode since the original series in the 60's. I guess I was about 10 YO at the time. (OMG that was 40 years ago, YIKES). I am excited about the first season box set coming out and hope to get the other seasons as they appear.
I remember I always wanted one of those jackets that James West wore. I guess I figured that if I put the jacket on I would instantly turn COOL just like him.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
welcome to the site, Longhunter!

By the way, Sammy Davis Junior was not a badguy in that episode.

Roger
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  11:22:58  Show Profile
Welcome aboard, LongHunter. Glad to have you on site.

"The Night of the Returning Dead" is available (still, I believe) through Columbia House, which until recently was the only licensed agent for episodes of the original series. Each DVD, usually with three episodes, is pricey, and CH is a bit of pain to work with. But if you're in a hurry to see that classic episode, for now that's the best place to look.

Things will change this summer, with the first-ever issue of the entire first season of the series in glorious b/w. Let's hope that it sells at least well enough to assure production of the second (first color) season, in which "The Returning Dead" appeared.
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  12:54:10  Show Profile
Let's all think of people we can buy extra sets for as gifts!

Welcome LongHunter. Your story sounds just like so many of us - wandering around trying to find some good WWW fanfiction, and stumbling across this site. I can just about promise you you'll love being on this board. It's a great place to enjoy your love of the series, and a lot of other great people's love of it!

Really smart people, in most cases. Don't know why they let me stay!

Silver
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  13:05:42  Show Profile
Welcome

This link will take you to our discussion of The Returning Dead

http://www.wildwildwest.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=877&SearchTerms=returning,dead
Go to Top of Page

LongHunter
Secret Service recruit

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  13:21:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by couldron

Welcome

This link will take you to our discussion of The Returning Dead

http://www.wildwildwest.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=877&SearchTerms=returning,dead

Thanks for the link to the discussion of the episode. You must have read my mind Couldron! (Of course if you read my mind, sometimes there isn't much reading material there.)

Mike
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  20:11:53  Show Profile
LongHunter: (Of course if you read my mind, sometimes there isn't much reading material there.)

With a sense of humor like that, you should enjoy this site!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000