Story possibility
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  08:23:15  Show Profile
Hi, everyone. I've just had an idea for a short WWW story (unless it grows, which who knows?) I'm thinking to call it TNOT Sons of the Wild, Wild West. It would take my concept that Rollin Hand of the real Mission: Impossible (and some people think the WWW movie was a deplorable destruction of the original concept - die, Tom Cruise, die!!! Sorry, I'll take my meds now.) is the gr-great grandson of Artemus Gordon. I've decided that his great grandfather must have been the son of Artemus and Lily Fortune, his high school sweetheart from TNOT Big Blast. I'm thinking that she married someone else after turning Arte down, then was widowed childless. She came to Arte for comfort in her widowhood, never told him she became pregnant, and publicly attributed the child to her husband. I think probably she told the son who his father was, and the story has passed down through the generations, so that Rollin knows about his Secret Service Agent ancestor.

My story idea, therefor, is about decendants of Arte and Jim somehow being brought back into the 1870's, probably by one of their ancestors' arch enemies. I would like suggestions of whom you would like to see be Jim's decendant. It should preferably be a television/movie/fiction character of reasonably Jim-West-like personality, and one I am familiar with or you can help me research. I see no reason why there should be any limit on the time period from which Jim's decendant came - i.e., doesn't have to be from the mid-1960's, as Rollin would be. I'm open to debate on this, but I want to know the character well enough to write him (or her?) reasonably accurately.

Only as an example, if I were being asked this by another writer, I might consider suggesting Darien Fawkes from SKIFFY (scifi) network's series 'The Invisible Man' and would gladly provide copies of videotape of the show.

I'm also taking suggestions about the villain responsible for the time-traveling, how he accomplishes it, whatever ideas you wish to suggest. Pretty much, what I've written here is all the further I've gotten on this idea, and I think it might be fun to let you-all own the story as well. I, naturally, as the great literary genius that I am (okay, wait a minute, let me stop ROTFL), reserve the right to make all final decisions.

So, Whatcha think

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  09:53:48  Show Profile
Great idea! I always imagined Artie and Lily getting together after she married someone else and was widowed, and I think they would have had a son named - of course - James Artemus Gordon. I was going around with different ideas for stories of the Gordons, but I haven't put anything to paper (if people still use paper and pencil to write.)
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  10:55:37  Show Profile
Maude -

That really sounds great. I'm thinking you could write some great young adult stories about the adventures of Jimmy G.! You know he's gonna take after his ersatz uncle. Dad's way just isn't exiting enough for a youngster.

For my story I think it will be necessary for Arte never to have known about his son. Makes him more legendary in the family, and Rollin will have to be very careful about how much he tells his ancestor about family history!

Putting it on paper generally happens even if you use a computer, I figure - you're bound to print it out! Besides, I sometimes find that despite my trusty AlphaSmart 3000, I sometimes feel the need to write with pen and and a yellow pad. I think the term for one who writes by hand is ludite.
Go to Top of Page

MaudeB
SS novice field agent

582 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  13:58:36  Show Profile
I think the term for someone who uses pen and paper is "Genius."
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  07:15:31  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  09:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
I write with whatever's currently available, pencil, pen, paper, napkin, paper towel, and other creative ways

each artist to their own

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  14:45:13  Show Profile
A lot of characters occur to me. For instance, Tom Lopaka or Emma Peal. Jim Kirk also comes to mind. I also like the idea of Tom Magnum being descended from both Artie and Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  15:12:32  Show Profile
Hmmmmmmmm. Emma Peal. I just felt that jolt in my right brain that means my creativity has been sparked. She's a fantastic candidate for Jim's decendant. And from approximately the same era as Rollin Hand, so they'll be able to talk the same language, if you know what I mean.

An awsome packet of spice added to my couldron, and this soup is really starting to cook!

Like I could really let a punny opportunity like that pass!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000