Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlaus
Secret Service recruit

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  11:37:35  Show Profile  Visit jlaus's Homepage
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board, but a longtime fan of Wild Wild West. Good to find a place that still exists for this wonderful show.

I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm looking for the episode where Artemus is "killed" in the beginning. I think he was shot and falls down a staircase. Jim goes on to try to avenge his death or something...it's been a while since i first caught it on TNT. I've only seen it once and ever since I've been trying to find it again.

Much obliged for any help you can offer!

~Jess

Herr Ostropolyer
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  13:55:42  Show Profile
Welcome aboard jlaus,

The episode you speak of is 4th season's TNOT Pistoleros, which has been reviewed further down the discussion forum at Review The Night of the Pistolaros. I hope this was helpful, and help yourself to other episode reviews as well!

Herr Ostropolyer
Go to Top of Page

JTW
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  15:37:48  Show Profile
Welcome Jlaus! Enjoy!!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4355 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  10:45:44  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
welcome, Jlaus!

You have come to the right place.

Artie also dies in THE NIGHT OF THE LORD OF LIMBO (my personal favorite episode along with THE NIGHT OF THE SURREAL McCOY)
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  15:38:15  Show Profile
Don't forget TNOT Skulls and TNOT Murderous Spring, in both of which Jim kills Artemus.

"Why do we write? Because it isn't there." - Thomas Berger
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4355 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  19:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Oh, yeah...

good ones, Silver. Artie died a lot on that series!
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  15:25:13  Show Profile
One of my favorite Wild Wild West moments is when Artemus presides over his own funeral in TNOT Skulls. The LOOK Colonel Richmond gives him when he gets too effusive in his own praises is hilarious.

Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

478 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  20:58:07  Show Profile
Welcome.

Glad to see another fan find this board.

The Wild Wild West: "Escapist entertainment of the highest order."
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  05:52:49  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
Welcome!!

Pardon my morbid comment, he was certainly good at dying

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

jlaus
Secret Service recruit

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  08:34:16  Show Profile  Visit jlaus's Homepage
Wow, you guys really know your stuff!

Thanks for the feedback :)
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  16:11:36  Show Profile
jlaus -

Yes, this is a pretty well-informed bunch. I love just reading the messages, I learn so much about a series I once thought myself well-versed in. And even better, they're all great people happy to share thoughts, knowledge, opinions, you name it.

Welcome; make yourself at home.

Go to Top of Page

JTW
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  16:48:07  Show Profile
I thought that I knew alot too, but I learn something everyday on this site!!
Go to Top of Page

jlaus
Secret Service recruit

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  04:37:55  Show Profile  Visit jlaus's Homepage
I watched TNOT Murderous Spring last night (thank you Netflix!) I thought that I had seen every episode, but I think somehow I had missed this one. And wow! What a great episode!!! The acting was amazing. I almost cried when Jim shot Artie.

I have a question though. In the scene before the shooting, Jim and Artie are in the shed and Jim starts to go a little nuts. Artie looks at him and says, "Hey, it's me remember? Artemus Gordon, Mrs. Gordon's son"

Does this imply that Jim knew Artie's mother? Is there any other reference to them growing up together? That line just struck me that the characters must have known eachother for a long time.

~Jess

"Welcome Back Artie."
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  06:04:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jlaus

I watched TNOT Murderous Spring last night (thank you Netflix!) I thought that I had seen every episode, but I think somehow I had missed this one. And wow! What a great episode!!! The acting was amazing. I almost cried when Jim shot Artie.

I have a question though. In the scene before the shooting, Jim and Artie are in the shed and Jim starts to go a little nuts. Artie looks at him and says, "Hey, it's me remember? Artemus Gordon, Mrs. Gordon's son"

Does this imply that Jim knew Artie's mother? Is there any other reference to them growing up together? That line just struck me that the characters must have known eachother for a long time.

~Jess

"Welcome Back Artie."

At one point in time this sort of reference was fairly common to emphasize one's identity. "I'm so-and-so; you know, Mrs. so-and-so's son." Related to "My mama didn't raise no fools." That is how I've always viewed this particular comment, as Artemus saying "You know me well enough to know my answer to that!"

Go to Top of Page

chicaoeste

151 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  09:40:55  Show Profile
TNOT Murderous Spring is my favorite ep of this Season. Really, Robert Conrad, Ross Martin and Michael Dunn did an excellent acting in this ep because the script is one of the best. About, Miguelito Loveless, we can see his evilness, specially in the scene when Jim woke up in the hospital and Miguelito is sitting in the high chair and start talking about his evil plan to kill every man, women and children in America, this scene has excellent lines and the actors are amazing in it.

About the scene when Jim shoot Artie, I was shocked. To see Robert's performance when he realized that he has killed his friend is very emotional. Well, in all scenes when he had those hallucinations, he delivered all the pain and suffering that Jim is going through. And of course, Ross was outstanding, as always.

Definitely, Murderous Spring is the best not only for the storyline, the actors, but also because it was directed by Richard Donner. I applauded when I saw his name in the credits.
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  08:37:49  Show Profile
chicaoeste: Definitely, Murderous Spring is the best not only for the storyline, the actors, but also because it was directed by Richard Donner. I applauded when I saw his name in the credits.

I am in complete agreement. "The Murderous Spring" is one of the series' two or three finest hours. Some days I think there may have been no better episode.

If you haven't yet seen or can't recall "The Night of the Returning Dead" (produced eight episodes later), that's another reaason to keep your fingers crossed for the issue of West's complete second season. You'll appreciate the fact that, like "Murderous Spring," "Returning Dead" was guided by series creator Mike Garrison, written by John Kneubuhl (Loveless's creator and author of the "Murderous Spring"), directed by Richard Donner, and features one of the series' best ensemble casts.
Go to Top of Page

chicaoeste

151 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  17:03:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ccb If you haven't yet seen or can't recall "The Night of the Returning Dead" (produced eight episodes later), that's another reaason to keep your fingers crossed for the issue of West's complete second season.

Thanks, ccb for this information. I recall a little bit of "Returning Dead" because the guest star was Sammy Davis Jr. I remember have seen this ep in Spanish, but I didn't know it was directed by Richard Donner until I read some of the old threads of WWW site and also for the Sue Keslerís book a couple of weeks ago. It's interesting to know that ďReturning DeadĒ got Richard Donner his first motion picture job, with the help of Sammy. That's what I love Sue's book , you find some value information about each ep.

Of course, I would love to see this episode, pronto! Although, I have Retro Network on my Cable System since last week; they transmit WWW at 12:00 noon, I think they showed Returning Dead, last week, but I couldn't recorded it.

I was ready to record the eps on my DVD, but I have noticed that sometimes the Cable cuts the ep to show local commercials, and then they donít follow the sequence, so you just canít enjoy the complete or the uncut show. I hate it when this happen.

For that reason I want to see the other seasons without any cut. I hope Seasons 2-4 come soon on DVD. Let's pray for that

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000