Ross Martin's Radio Shows
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ptolemy
SS 1st assignment - desk job

463 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  08:21:52  Show Profile
I've collected 16 of RM's old radio shows and posted them on my Box.net site. These radio shows are in MP3 format.

This post should be in the "FAQ, Resources, and Links" forum, but only Admin can do that.

http://www.box.net/shared/8x9lj6qp0t

The Man in the Moon
"X Minus One" was an excellent half-hour scifi anthology series that aired on the NBC radio network in the mid 50s. This Episode, "The Man in the Moon", concerns an SOS heard during the broadcast of a Federal Missing Persons bulletin. What's so unusual about this SOS is that it's found to be originating from the moon! This episode was originally broadcast on May 29, 1955. Ross Martin plays the part of Charlie.

Marionettes, Inc.
This show is from the scifi anthology series entitled "Dimension X", and aired August 30, 1951. The story is set in 1990, and husbands that want the night out have androids that can replace them when they are away (Not a bad idea, really). Ross Martin plays the part of the B2 android in this episode.

Mother
This is an episode of "Radio City Playhouse" which aired September 11, 1948. In this program, Mary Adams is a shy woman in NYC who has no plans for New Year's Eve since she has to take care of her sick mother. A very young Ross Martin (only 28) plays Harry Wilson in this episode.

The Night before Christmas
In this episode of "Radio City Playhouse", Ross Martin plays a newspaper editor named Tex Court. This episode aired on December 25, 1949. In this amusing radio show, Tex Court (Ross Martin) sends his reporter and photographer on a quest to acquire two goats on Christmas Eve.

The 36th Man
"CBS Radio Mystery Theater" originally broadcast this episode on November 14, 1974. According to Hebrew legend, in every generation there must be 36 saintly men in the world for it to go on. Satan sets out to seduce and corrupt the newest memeber of this brotherhood. Ross Martin plays a shopkeeper named Harry Cohen, and he is featured very prominently in this radio episode...after all, he is the 36th man.

Porgy, Bess, and George
Ross Martin portrayed George Gershwin in this episode of "An American Gallery" originally broadcast circa 1961. This radio show revolves around George Gershwin's inspiration for his famous opera Porgy and Bess. In this program, you'll get the rare opportunity to listen to the singing talent of Ross Martin.

The Doll
This is another show from the "CBS Radio Mystery Theater". The plot concerns a professor who uses a voodoo doll to win the affection of a young woman. This radio show was originally broadcast on October 10, 1974 and costars Joanne Linville...you may remember her as the Romulan commander that had the hots for Mr. Spock.

File 2218
This is an episode of "Cloak and Dagger" which aired May 7, 1950.
This is the story of the WWII special governmental agency, the OSS, or Office of Strategic Services. Its mission was to develop and maintain spy networks throughout Europe and into Asia, while giving aid to underground partisan groups and developing espionage activities for Allied forces overseas. Ross Martin plays a german spy who helps an american spy infiltrate Austria.

The Bazaloff Papers
An episode of "Mr. Moto" which aired June 17, 1951.

Sabotage
Another episode of "Mr. Moto" which aired July 8, 1951.

Shanghaied
This is an episode of "X Minus One" which aired September 1, 1955. It's his wedding day and our hero is Shanghaied. He's hoping it's just a trick his buddy's have pulled on him but he's actually kidnapped to work on the spaceship on a 15-year journey. Can the rich young man bribe his way out or threaten with the authority of his father?

The Zero Hour
"The Zero Hour" was a half-hour anthology series hosted by Rod Serling in 1974. Each week, a different actor would guest star on 5 episodes of the series. On the last week that the series aired (July 22, 1974), Ross Martin was the guest star. Interestingly, these "Zero Hour" radio shows also include their original commercials. The episodes are entitled Corpse Takes the Stand, Carnival of Menace, Chicago John and the Glitter People, Smoke Screen, and The Holdout.

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  08:28:28  Show Profile
Oh thank you for reminding me you have these! I just heard Marionettes and X Minus One last week on our OTR. I just wish they would get some more of his radio works.

I do hope we get a new video from you soon

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  08:58:10  Show Profile
Can I pop these up on the RM clip topic?
Go to Top of Page

Ptolemy

463 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  16:32:48  Show Profile
These radio shows are free to everyone, chibbi. Of course you can post it on your RM topic.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  16:41:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ptolemy

These radio shows are free to everyone, chibbi. Of course you can post it on your RM topic.

And STILL no word on when we will get a new video. You do remember that making Pet wait too long is NOT a good thing right?

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  19:10:29  Show Profile
Ptolemy is the rossinterview.wma file the same as the zicree interview or something different?
Go to Top of Page

Ptolemy

463 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  22:26:19  Show Profile
The Ross interview is the same as the Zicree interview.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  10:17:39  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
Ptolemy you are a doll for doing this. I put all of them on my MP3 player and I am so excited about having them! Thanks so much for all you do!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:28:37  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
ohhhhhh yay!!!!! I can not wait to listen to them! Thank you Ptolemy!

~Red

http://rdpieters.etsy.com

Quality Over Quantity
Go to Top of Page

nolavdo
SS spy school graduate

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:36:04  Show Profile
What exactly are these? Sorry for the sily question.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:40:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by nolavdo

Ross Martin made several appareances on Old Time Radio shows and Ptolemy was a dear and found some of them and posted them so we can listen to them. I have been a fan of OTR since my oldest sister got me hooked on The Shadow I have heard most of these on the radio (one of the stations in my town airs them every night)

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  12:45:26  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by nolavdo

You must be very young! Teasing of course. Not everyone knows about the radio programs that Ross did. Ptolemy, have you been able to find any of the Superman episodes he did? He was the...narrator? of the final season I think. Pettie remembers for sure which season it was.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  12:47:10  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
Oh, and the Ross Interview or the Zicree interview, is an interview M. Zicree did with Ross for his book about The Twilight Zone. It is about an hour long and very nice. Zicree had photos from RM's appearances on TZ and RM was so surprised to see them. Very nice look at the real man, IMO.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  13:09:22  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
You should be able to post the list to the Resources section... it isn't locked. I also unlocked your video list so you can update it when you have time.

-Yours in (secret) service,

------------->>>>> <<<<<-------------
Colonel Richmond, SS Director

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

Ptolemy

463 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  16:38:00  Show Profile
Thanks, Admin!
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:12:46  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
Ptolemy, are you ignoring the 'requests' for new videos that we have been posting here?

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Ptolemy

463 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:26:59  Show Profile
Ignoring? Definitely maybe, Apple.

But how much longer can I ignore the inevitable...how much longer?
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:29:37  Show Profile
quote:

Ignoring? Definitely maybe, Apple.

But how much longer can I ignore the inevitable...how much longer?

About two more seconds sir! Don't make me email you. You do want to be living at the end of my story don't you? Or do you hee hee hee

Go to Top of Page

Ptolemy

463 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:31:32  Show Profile
I can't make any more videos if you finish me off, Pet.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:43:47  Show Profile
quote:

Well hells bells then mister get cracking on a video so I am not tempted

Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:45:30  Show Profile
quote:

Can we make song requests/suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Ptolemy

463 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:56:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chibbi

Can we make song requests/suggestions?

I believe Pet already has.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000