THE WILD WILD WEST  @ wildwildwest.org
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Wild Wild West - Chat and Play
 Wild Wild West General Discussion Board
 Columbia House dvds - pricing breakdown
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  14:10:39  Show Profile
I thought I'd share the latest pricing breakdown with everyone just in case folks here were really serious about getting the Columbia House dvds. The least expensive way to get these are to order them all together at one time.

If you call them and order the series, which right now is scheduled to go at least 10 volumes (with 3, not 2, episodes per volume) you can get them for $15.95 per dvd, instead of the standard $19.95. On top of this, they will reduce shipping from $3.99 per disk to only $2.29 per disk. This works out to only $18.25 per disk (and remember you are getting 3 great quality episodes per disk).

I'm only sharing this because, as everyone knows, with Columbia House (like every other business) sales are the bottom line. If they see a good response to this series, they will keep making them available. And they are making them in order, which is great! So we know the whole first season (in glorious b/w) will be coming for sure. That's exciting to me.

I hope some more folks will consider this. Since the disks are still being manufactured, you won't be paying for the entire 10 volumes all at once. You'll still be getting them spaced out a little at a time. I don't know how fast or slow the remaining 7 volumes will be coming out (I got #3 today), but I wouldn't mind if all the rest showed up at my door tomorrow.

Gary

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  20:46:39  Show Profile
Gary: Thank you for this pricing breakdown. As testimony to how seriously I take it, today I sprang for a DVD player, whose purchase I have long put off. My family thinks I got it just for them, out of the goodness of my heart. But you and I know better.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  21:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
My family has a DVD player & I'm saving up! I'm liking what I'm hearing, maybe my dad'll actually buy them for Christmas or my birthday...

(yeah, yeah I'm 21 & still don't have my own credit card. That's college tuition for ya...gotta save all your money for the stupid tuition... but that's what parents are for! Buying whatever your little heart desires {I'm a master brown-noser})

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

Colonel Cross
SS spy school graduate

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  21:56:36  Show Profile
I just watched the first three episodes on DVD..wow...the quality is great!!!!! You realy get great looks at the episodes by using the pause key and if you have a DVD rom on your computer you can save the images and make a screensaver or wallpaper and even print them....!!


The DVDs are certainly worth the money...

That's Mars, Nevada?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  05:46:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Cross

I just watched the first three episodes on DVD..wow...the quality is great!!!!! You realy get great looks at the episodes by using the pause key and if you have a DVD rom on your computer you can save the images and make a screensaver or wallpaper and even print them....!!


The DVDs are certainly worth the money...

That's Mars, Nevada?



Glad you're enjoying them. Remember to call Columbia House and tell them you want to get the whole set up front and you'll get the big discount ($18.25 vs $23.98).

BTW, how do you "capture" a screen image when you've paused a picture on the computer? I can pause any movie, but I don't know what to do after I pause it to capture the image.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  06:14:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ccb

Gary: Thank you for this pricing breakdown. As testimony to how seriously I take it, today I sprang for a DVD player, whose purchase I have long put off. My family thinks I got it just for them, out of the goodness of my heart. But you and I know better.



Great idea, ccb. Hey, it's time to get one, right? They are now as low as vcr's, so why not invest in one? And then once you've got it, you have to have some nice new dvds to try out on it.

So why not a nice set of WWW, digitally remastered, and delivered right to your door.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  06:19:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Redhead1617

My family has a DVD player & I'm saving up! I'm liking what I'm hearing, maybe my dad'll actually buy them for Christmas or my birthday...

(yeah, yeah I'm 21 & still don't have my own credit card. That's college tuition for ya...gotta save all your money for the stupid tuition... but that's what parents are for! Buying whatever your little heart desires {I'm a master brown-noser})

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?



Yep, this is the way to go right now. And being a "master b/n" (hey, it's a great trait for a person to have with their parents ), there's no reason not to mention it to them as a great gift idea for their little angel.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

JimPhelps
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  06:24:49  Show Profile
If you donít yet have a DVD player this is the perfect excuse to buy one. The quality is fantastic never before have Jim and Artie been so sharp and clear. I love b&w but the color episodes are going to look awesome on DVD!

Mr. Phelps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000