Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wild Wild West - Chat and Play
 Wild Wild West General Discussion Board
 Someone needs to make a movie about Michael Dunn!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  16:54:35  Show Profile
It occurs to me that it might be about time for a movie about this brilliant and inspirational actor. The person who should undrtake this project should be Francis Ford Coppala, who worked with Dunn early on in his movie career. Just wanted to put this out there, what do you guys think????

Frank

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  17:33:37  Show Profile
quote:

"There are remarkably few things I can't do in one way or another. I don't try to beat my
limitations, just get around them so, in a way, they don't ever exist." - Michael Dunn

quote:
"I've always lived with constant pain, so that wasn't a factor in whether I made a life for myself or not,
I could have copped out, lived with my parents and pulled the dwarf bit." -Michael Dunn

Michael Dunn's quotes from the February 14, 1964 issue of Life Magazine

Until you brought it up it never occurred to me.
What a great idea.

Has biography ever done an episode on him?

Go to Top of Page

Elaine
SS 1st assignment - desk job

356 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  21:54:56  Show Profile
I have often wondered what Michael Dunn thought while playing Loveless. (Or Alexander, the jester/slave in the Star Trek episode "Plato's Stepchildren" - another of his fine performances.)

I also remembered reading the quote from Life Magazine where he mentions living with pain, and an interview with Phoebe Dorrin where she talks about his emotional "pain". How close to home did some of that dialogue hit?

Who could possibly play Mr. Dunn in a movie bio?! However, the suggestion of a piece on Biography would be very interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  04:51:27  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
What a good idea.

Welcome to The Wild Wild West, 10-95!
Go to Top of Page

JimPhelps

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  04:54:21  Show Profile
I never knew Coppala workd with Dunn! I would love to see at least a Biography on Dunn, while they're at it how about one for Bob Conrad and Ross Martin? (Why not? They have a 24 hour channel)

Mr. Phelps
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  19:00:55  Show Profile
I guess Dunn probably had the more interesting life? But I'd love to see RM's bio. About Conrad... I dunno.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  17:56:18  Show Profile
Hi 10-95, fun idea, and welcome aboard! (I actually feel funny saying that because I'm pretty new myself, but there it is!) As to FFC making it, I don't think the man does docu-dramas. But then, there's a first time for everything I always say!

me!

"Things Artemus, are not always what they appear to be."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  08:31:07  Show Profile
Friends,

I've only just discovered this page, and this is my first post. I have been a WWW fan all my life. I grew up on it.
As to who could play Michael Dunn in a bio-pic... that's easy. Warwick Davis. He played Wicket the Ewok in ROTJ, he was in "Gullivers Travels" with Ted Danson, as well as playing two different parts in the two "Harry Potter" movies. I met him in San Diego at the comic-con back in '01, and thought how wonderful it would have been if they'd have kept the WWW movie (that ABORTION!!!) closer to the series, and had him play Loveless. That movie was so pathetic. They didn't even try to do a good job. That's my 2 cents. Hope I didn't offend anyone, my personal views are very strong.
Later,
CKB

Am I supposed to put something meaningful here???? Hello??? Is this thing on?.......
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  12:00:10  Show Profile
Welcome cballard,

I think you will find that our personel views on www are strong especially about THAT movie. I hope to see you here often.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

JimPhelps

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  12:19:34  Show Profile
Every month or so I write to the Biography Channel suggesting they should do a kind of 60ís spy theme week with bios for Bob Conrad, Ross Martin, Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, Greg Morris (Peter Graves already has his own biography), Robert Culp, Robert Vaughn, Patrick MacNee, David McCallum, et cetera. No luck yet.

Mr. Phelps
Go to Top of Page

Elaine

356 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  13:25:08  Show Profile
Hello and Welcome cballard! Warwick Davis! Absolutely.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  06:05:53  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Welcome to the sight, cballard!

Roger
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  15:33:00  Show Profile
Howdy CKB! Welcome aboard!

"Things Artemus, are not always what they appear to be."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  18:31:53  Show Profile
Welcome, cballard!

quote:
and thought how wonderful it would have been if they'd have kept the WWW movie (that ABORTION!!!) closer to the series

I didn't see the movie, but from what I've read around I trust it was abominable.
You put to words something I've thought about also: what would it have been like if that movie had been really good?
I imagine maybe there'd be many more new fans, the original series would have been kept on reruns longer, RM would have already the star.. who knows what else?
Such a missed opportunity.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000