Steve Skodzinsky
SS spy school graduate

52 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  21:12:27  Show Profile
I have received DVD #4 and as promised it contains the following episodes:

The Night that Terror Stalked the Town
The Night of the Red-Eyed Madmen
The Night of the Human Trigger

As for TNT Terror Stalked the Town, we have Dr. Loveless' quip:"Mr. West, you couldn't think me capable of that. You're positively goulish."

After study of TNOT Red-Eyed Madmen, I have indeed confirmed the presence of Hugo Friedhofer's musical suite (originally composed for the Rawhide Episode "Six Weeks to Bent Fork") being utilized during the climax of that episode when Jim escapes the firing squad by the use of Artie's special tobacco mix. As I mentioned in an earlier post this music can be obtained on CD from the Film Music Society. Wonderful!

And lastly, I have discovered a most interesting two-pronged piece of trivia to go with TNOT Human Trigger: During the final explosion at the climax of the episode we see rocks falling outside of the area of Sawtooth, Wyoming. I recognized this footage. It was originally used in the 1955 George Pal produced "Conquest of Space" movie. In that movie, which was in color, that scene was used during a quake on the planet Mars. The other thing to note about Conquest of Space is that our hero Ross Martin had a part in that movie as Astronaut Dr. Andre Fodor of Austria.

As usual, These Columbia House DVD's have not failed to satisfy and I am so thrilled to have Jim and Artie back on my TV screen again.

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  20:48:55  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
Hey Steve, keep on Columbia to keep producing the DVDs! We wouldn't want an unfinished collection would we? That would also give me time to save up to get them! (too bad there's no innocent angel face )

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  13:53:29  Show Profile
I got mine today (I was away on vacation for the last two weeks and it was here waiting for me). I'll view it tonight, but I'm sure CH will continue to impress me with their quality. I really hope more of you will consider signing up and getting these (they can be purchased for as little as $18.25 per disk - 3 episodes per disk, in order). This is the only way we can insure the continued production of this set by Columbia House.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Steve Skodzinsky
SS spy school graduate

52 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  14:34:27  Show Profile
Right on, Gary

When you figure it that way, Buying WWW on DVD is actually cheaper on a per-episode basis then the VHS videos are that CH sells.
Go to Top of Page

sam913
Secret Service recruit

16 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  13:45:02  Show Profile
Is there any way you know of to get an episode guide from Columbia House for the DVD collection. When I was a member for the VHS series
they sent me one. Now I have no access to them because there phone
system requires an account #.

I was more than half way thru the VHS series when I cancelled, and would like to pick up where I left off with the DVDs.

Thanks,

Sam
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  14:23:47  Show Profile
Sam,

As far as I can tell, they are running the dvds from beginning to end, in order. CH has only committed to 10 dvds, which would carry us thru episode #30. Like everything else they do, whether or not they continue beyond 10 disks will depend on sales.

I don't think an episode guide for the dvds is necessary, since they are strictly going in order, with 3 episodes per disk. So your best bet would be to wait and see if they continue to produce the disks and get to the point that you want to pick it up (that's assuming they would even allow you to pick up a series in the middle - I've never known them to do that, but it never hurts to ask).

Hope that helps some.

Gary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000