New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  10:02:20  Show Profile
This is my day for questions.
All of a sudden I started wondering why all those gorgeous ladies Jim and Artie meet on the job end up in the Wanderer, which is the home of our two handsome gents.
Wouldn't it have been, at the time, improper for a proper lady to go into the house of a man?

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  11:12:56  Show Profile

Although this was their living quarters, it might be argued that it was also their office. Going to a gentleman's office would have been acceptable.

Would you consider the ladies in the show "proper". I wouldn't use that adjective. The women I think were presented as unconventional. The ones that were proper always had their chaperones.
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  17:53:55  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
Mary has a point there. Hey, Spring, have you also ever wondered why Jim & Artie always tell their adventure of the day to the ladies they are with in the tag? They're *action* men - so, they ran out of conversational topics? (Blue wonders...)

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven
SS 1st assignment - desk job

393 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  11:51:18  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
We don't see the ladies in the part of the train where Jim & Artie usually sleep, do we?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  17:34:35  Show Profile
Aaaaand here she is, ladies and gents!
After a summer hiatus, our most esteemed Monkeemaven is back!! Roger is back!! Even beerbad broke his silence! This is fun!!!!

P.S. Monkeemav, on the way out don't forget to ask the receptionist for your copy of our special, limited edition, new 2004 girlie calendar. We set one aside for you!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  19:40:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by M. Spring

This is my day for questions.
All of a sudden I started wondering why all those gorgeous ladies Jim and Artie meet on the job end up in the Wanderer, which is the home of our two handsome gents.
Wouldn't it have been, at the time, improper for a proper lady to go into the house of a man?

I have often wondered that about it.

Juliet
Fan of Vic Morrow and COMBAT!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2003 :  19:41:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by couldron

Although this was their living quarters, it might be argued that it was also their office. Going to a gentleman's office would have been acceptable.

Would you consider the ladies in the show "proper". I wouldn't use that adjective. The women I think were presented as unconventional. The ones that were proper always had their chaperones.

If you really think about it, they were courting the women.

Juliet
Fan of Vic Morrow and COMBAT!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000