Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theFalcon
SS novice field agent

USA
697 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2016 :  09:13:24  Show Profile
http://www.jimwestmoreland.com/

The website above reported his passing. He played Chandra in "TNOT Golden Cobra". I'm re-watching the First Act now and picked up on a goof. Mr. Singh identifies the son who threw the whip around Mr. West as Gupta...but two minutes earlier he called him Chandra when he entered the room. Ah, what's the difference...Col. Mayo would say they were clowns under any name.

Here's what he wrote about working TWWW on his website:

I must be lucky or the Great Man Upstairs has been looking after me. I got a call from CBS casting in the valley at their new studio. The new studio was very familiar to me because it was once Republic Studios where hundreds of movies were made and it’s the same place where I had made my first movie, “Come Next Spring“. I was hired to play Boris Karloff’s son, Chandra, to Mr. Karloff’s “King of the East Indian Compound” role in the episode, “The Night of the Cobra”, for “The Wild Wild West” TV Series starring Robert Conrad and Ross Martin. Here I am again working with one of the all-time great famous actors!

I was in awe meeting Mr. Karloff, and to my surprise he was a very nice gentleman, not the “Frankenstein” I had imagined. Mr. Karloff at that time was getting up in age, but not lacking in energy. Mr. Karloff sat on his pillow-padded chair, with a very large Cheetah near. He said to me, “Son, move slowly, this cat gets excited easily.”

Mr. Karloff and I were talking between scenes. He was a much older man, but he was very agile with a sense of humor. He said, “I don’t trust this big animal. The trainer guarantees the cat is secured and will not cause us any harm.” He continued, “Sure he won’t, but son, keep your sword handy.” He winked, and we both smiled. I held onto my sword in anticipation of that.

Bob Conrad is a long-time friend and I noticed how he and Ross Martin worked beautifully as a team. Bob looked great and besides being a very good actor he was his own stunt man and he was very competent. The show was fun and meeting THE Mr. Boris Karloff was a highlight of my life that won’t soon be forgotten.

"What's death without a woman's touch?"

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  11:33:20  Show Profile
That was lovely.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000