Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8442 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  11:38:10  Show Profile
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-west-dead-batman-star-832264

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros

niecie
SS novice field agent

1366 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  14:05:48  Show Profile
How sad! Batman was one of my favorite shows back in the 60s. (You know what my number 1 fave was, though.)

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
572 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  14:21:24  Show Profile
I always tended to be more impressed by the guest villains, but huge props to Adam West for getting through the line: ubiquitous iniquitous enigma. Wonder how many takes that took.

Of course the thing that first came to my mind was that mr. West was in Geronimo with Ross.

Rip to an icon.

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3804 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  15:21:18  Show Profile
One by one they keep falling away. It's hard to be sad, however, when you remember how much these folks made us smile.

Mr. West—the real one, who has now left us—would never have been recognized as The World's Greatest Actor. But for that part, for that show, in that era, he was absolutely perfect. I try to imagine how conflicted a hard-working performer would be in those circumstances. You've been a journeyman player, scraping by for years, then BOOM: you're The Star of the Hottest Show in the World. Cover of Life Magazine, and everything else. You're playing straight man in underwear to just about every comic and star from Hollywood's golden era. You're upstaged, you're famous, it's crazed, and you know it won't last. Within two years it doesn't. Then for years you can't get decent work because you're type-cast. How depressing would that be?

Then …

The baby-boomers grow up, and you're still around, and they thank you for some happiness you gave them.

Thank you, Mr. West. May you rest in peace.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4381 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  15:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
He was the best Batman and that show is probably the earliest TV memory that I have. Adam West was a really funny and witty guy too and very active on Facebook. So sad hearing this news today.
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

745 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2017 :  07:33:09  Show Profile
"Batman" was a huge amount of fun. Maybe it's just me, but I still like what I did back then. The Bible says, "train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he shall not depart from it" and that seems to be my philosophy of TV shows, also. Maybe young people today will be remembering "The Big Bang Theory" when they are 60 years old but somehow I doubt it. Are there any such thing as "Big Bang Theory" bubble gum cards?

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8590 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  08:58:31  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by beerbad

"Batman" was a huge amount of fun. Maybe it's just me, but I still like what I did back then. The Bible says, "train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he shall not depart from it" and that seems to be my philosophy of TV shows, also. Maybe young people today will be remembering "The Big Bang Theory" when they are 60 years old but somehow I doubt it. Are there any such thing as "Big Bang Theory" bubble gum cards?

Well, there were Three's Company bubblegum cards in the 80's...lol!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000