WQ 109: He Said/She Said
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  08:34:32  Show Profile
1. Truth often has a bitter taste, but if thee can keep it down it strengthens a man.

2. It used to work beautifully, until you punctured it with all those bullet-holes.

3. Was it you who had a particular taste for the Jamaican cheroot?

4. I'm glad you caught him. Count on me to tesify against him at his trial.

5. You know, the files at that constabulary aren't half-bad.

6. I know. That's what makes it so impressive.

7. Ah! Jack o'diamonds will do it to you everytime!

8. Mr. West: Have you ever been discovered?

9. But what's death without a woman's touch?

10. You've got to stop him! Stop him!

11. He's as harmless as a baby jackrabbit.

12. Gentlemen like you still confuse me.

JimPhelps
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  09:28:22  Show Profile
Posted - 10/17/2003 : 08:34:32
Here’s my best guess…
1.Truth often has a bitter taste, but if thee can keep it down it strengthens a man. Not sure. Is it one of the Quaker stockbrokers in “TNOT Double Edged Knife”?

2. It used to work beautifully, until you punctured it with all those bullet-holes. The Admiral’s two timing wife in TNOT Kraken3.

Was it you who had a particular taste for the Jamaican cheroot?”Dexter” in TNOT Tottering Tontine".

I'm glad you caught him. Count on me to tesify against him at his trial.Sounds very familiar but I just can’t place it.

5. You know, the files at that constabulary aren't half-bad. Artie, in TNOT Assassin

8. Mr. West: Have you ever been discovered?Emma Valentine in TNOT Vicious Valentine

10. You've got to stop him! Stop him!

11. He's as harmless as a baby jackrabbit.

12. Gentlemen like you still confuse me.

I’m clueless to the other ones

Mr. Phelps
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  09:56:22  Show Profile
Number 11 is from one of my favorite episodes. The Night of the Casual Killer - bad guy to John Dehner in reference to Jim. "He's as harmless as a baby jackrabbit."

"Maybe."

I know this episode isn't highly thought of, but I like it.

12. Is from the same episode. Said by woman in tag right before Artie teases Jim with violin. "James my boy, you can't win them all."
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  11:43:48  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage

-Loveless

-Undertaker at the morgue in TNOT Legion of Death, ignoring Kathy Kittridge

-TNOT Firebrand O'Riley in reply to West saying "what's life without a woman's touch"

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

Elaine

356 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  13:28:54  Show Profile
I knew the answers to 1,2,8 and 12 - which have already been answered by others, so no sense repeating. (BTW, the Quaker gentleman in TNOT Double Edged Knife is named Penrose.)

#4 "I'm glad you caught him..." is said by Vashti at the end of TNOT Infernal Machine after M'Guigan is caught.

I'm very happy to finally be able to answer sonething in these quizes!
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  22:48:07  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
Blue lost for words! Amazing talents emerging!

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  21:57:05  Show Profile
Blue's is well put: All of last weekend's contestants did themselves proud. Here are the few, the proud, that you managed not to snag. Only two, in fact:

When Carma Vasquez explains John Brown's plot to West, he replies, "John Brown is dead." And she says, wryly: I know. That's what makes it so impressive ("The Night of the Flaming Ghost," Act II).

You've got to stop him! Stop him! That's Screaming Mimi, A.K.A. Naomi, encouraging the equally caged West as they both watch Voltaire, I mean Jaws—Dimas—stomp out of the dungeon to lay waste to the rest of the Buckleys ("The Simian Terror," Act IV).

And now the feathers:

Flaming autumnal Henriettas go to Elaine, B. Chaps, and R. Head for their cumulative five correct answers.

And for being first to bag the remaining five, a "best guess" was good enough for an Anabella to Mr. Phelps. Congratulations! But claim it quickly: This feather will self-destruct in five-seconds.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  07:22:12  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
Flaming autumnal Henriettas

quote:
This feather will self-destruct in five-seconds.

oh my ccb! what have you been feeding the pigeons?

*Red admires her Henrietta*

Careful with that Anabella Mr. Phelps!

~Red

Go to Top of Page

Elaine

356 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  12:53:42  Show Profile
Wow!! I'm so excited! And proud of myself.
Go to Top of Page

JimPhelps

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  13:05:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ccb
[

And now the feathers:

Flaming autumnal Henriettas go to Elaine, B. Chaps, and R. Head for their cumulative five correct answers.

And for being first to bag the remaining five, a "best guess" was good enough for an Anabella to Mr. Phelps. Congratulations! But claim it quickly: This feather will self-destruct in five-seconds.

Caught it just in time...

Mr. Phelps
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  14:00:24  Show Profile
Wow!! I'm so excited! And proud of myself.

Please join with me in patting Elaine on the back for a job well done. A faithful contestant for lo these many weekends, she deserves, not only her Henrietta, but a round of applause for a job well done.

As we all learned from "The Night of the Big Blackmail," sheer, gutsy perseverance counts for a lot in life!
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  17:31:48  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
CONGRATULATIONS to Elaine, Black Chaps, Red and JimPhelps!! Newcomers taking the feathers! Wow! Double applause! Hmmmm........where did all the old-timers go to?

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  17:32:38  Show Profile
Good job, Elaine, and ccb, I need some new episodes. Anyone want to make me a tape??? (BEG)
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  18:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage

*Red raises a glass (of Coke-A-Cola ) in a toast to her fellow winners*

K, I finally found a place with a cord thingy to hook the two VCRs to each other (believe it or not the nearest Walmart/Target/ anything is almost an hour away from me )but I found one, what did ya need again K? I do owe you 2 tapes for the one you made me & how long you've waited
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  19:41:30  Show Profile
I'll email you, Red, but an HOUR to Target. Lord, and I thought I lived in the boonies! I thought you were a Jersey Girl? <g>
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  19:47:11  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
yeah, I live in a little rural town where the entertainment is bowling & most of that hour is spent on Rte 1 or 130 or whatever Rte... traffic...

~Red

Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven

393 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  20:36:53  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
K- I'd offer to make a copy for you of any of the 102 episodes I have on tape, but the reception isn't always good and I don't have the end credits half the time, and very rarely are the opening credits included. But I suppose it's better than nothing.
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  07:15:24  Show Profile
Yes, it would be! I have only four episodes in season 4 (weird) Blackmail, Queen, Revenge, and Pistoleros. So, any thing else in Season Four would be highly appreciated, I would be your lifelong slave, and I might be persuaded to write a Monkee/ Wild West crossover! K
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  08:08:01  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
poor K! only 4 4th seasoners??!! I didn't know I had it so good!
Alright K, here are the ones I'll copy for you: Juggernaut, Sedgewick Curse, Diva (how can you not have The Return of Artemus??!!), Sedgewick Curse, Plague, & Fugitives, if I can fit more in, do you want Artie-less ones? (it took me a long time to even consider looking at the Artie-less ones, except for Winged Terror I & II) Think you can hold out a little longer K?

~Red

Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven

393 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  12:54:28  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
I've got all the 4th season on tape - just tell me what episodes you'd like and I'll dub them for you!

(The names of the tapes that they are currently on... "Moo-Moo", "Chinchilla", "Frodis", "Vlad", "Barry", "Packie", "Coco", "Angus", "MonkeeMobile", and "Fritty". Yes, I have fun labeling my tapes. ;) )
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  13:17:19  Show Profile
My cup runneth over with riches (rubs hands together gleefully) Red - I have Diva so how about the one about the accountant. Monkee - why don't you make me an Artie-less tape. Then, I'll have them all in one spot. (Giggles insanely) I love you guys!!! Really.
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  18:37:04  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
quote:
Yes, it would be! I have only four episodes in season 4 (weird) Blackmail, Queen, Revenge, and Pistoleros.
Gosh! K! You only have 4 eps??????? Red, you gotta start with Winged Terror 1 and 2 for K. She'd want to know how to make James West follow her every wish, whim and fancy.......

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven

393 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  09:09:55  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
K - you've already got Revenge, and if Red were to dub Winged Terror for you, that's 6 episodes I'd do. I can fit 7 on a tape - is there any other episode you'd like?
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  13:11:41  Show Profile
Hum, there are so many I need. Let's see, maybe Lord of Limbo - that's a good one. I love Khan in it!
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  20:28:28  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
So,
Fugitives
Gruesome Games
Avaricious Actuary
Juggernaut
Sedgewick Curse
Fire & Brimstone
Plague
Winged Terror I & II

are the ones I'm doing for K?

~Red

Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  01:14:19  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
If there is still space, add Cossacks for K, Red or MM. Not the best of Season 4 but there is *one* scene K will definitely love!

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  06:36:14  Show Profile
Sounds good, Red, maybe we'll hear from the Maven. Maven, do you have room for Cossacks? I've been smiling in my sleep, dreaming of new episodes! K
Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven

393 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  09:18:00  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
I'll do...

Camera
Pelican
Janus
Sabatini Death
Bleak Island
Tycoons

and Cossacks.

K- my copy of Lord of Limbo is absolutely wretched. One of the rare black&white second season episodes.

I dubbed "Camera" yesterday. If Bosley's vision was so bad, why did they let him go on a field assignment? Nowadays the Secret Service requires that a special agent's vision is no worse than 20/60 , and somehow I doubt that they were more open to those of us with poor eyesight a century ago. Anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  16:45:16  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
I'll add Lord of Limbo to my list then, that's a pretty good one you don't want to miss, but K, I'll try to do most of these next weekend, just because of all the cr*p going on over my granny's estate okay?

~Red

Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  17:46:08  Show Profile
Don't worry about it, Red.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000