Really depressed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  16:18:06  Show Profile
So glad this place is back up and running. I've had a really bad day...really sad.

They called all of our co-workers into a big meeting today.

We saw the supervisors with kleenex boxes, never a good sign. We have a lady in the hospital right now so some of us were bracing ourselves for bad news with her.

But the news was a bigger shock.

One of our dearest friends and co-workers died today. She was just 44, her daughter couldn't wake her in the morning and called an ambulance. She had been in the office on Monday joking, and talking and ribbing us like usual...she was almost never sick, she wasn't fat, didn't smoke and her diabetes was under control and she seemed just fine. And now she just isn't here anymore.

We are all taking it bad and I'm really depressed. I sell uniforms and making business calls today was impossible. It's hard to sound happy and excited about the product if you are feeling sick and sad. Many of us left early but all I can think about is her poor family.

Also as a diabetic nearing 40 myself I spent much of the day worrying about myself and i feel selfish for doing so. But the idea that my sons might find me someay like her daughter found her makes my blood run cold.

I'm sorry to bring the house down but I needed to talk to someone.

It's going to be a rough week.

The MarchHare !!O*
http://www.geocities.com/marchhare001/index.html

Elaine
SS 1st assignment - desk job

356 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  18:28:02  Show Profile
I'm sure everyone in our little on line community is sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a friend is a hard thing to bear alone.

Even though we have only recently "met", I'm sending you my warmest wishes and hope you will draw strength and comfort from those around you.

As you say, it is things like this that force us to take stock of our own lives. That's something good to help you go on.

-Elaine
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  03:51:17  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Marchhare dear. My deepest condolences.

May the Good Lord comfort you during this time and may you draw strength from Him.

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  04:31:44  Show Profile
I am so sorry I wish I could give you a hug. Death is never easy and an unexpected one is even harder.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  11:46:33  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
my deepest sympathies MarchHare! Remember, there is a heaven! My dad drempt that his mom, who recently passed away also, came back to him and told him heaven is everything they told you about in sunday school. My younger sister was in a horrific car accident and we almost lost her, and we should have technically, but when she came out of a coma she motioned up with a weak finger and mouthed God.

At least your friend passed on peacefully and in her own home instead of being hooked up to various machines in a cold hospital. I know it's really hard to do right now, but keep your friend and co-worker in fondest memories and she will always be with you.

to quote from my favorite books:

"The dead only die if they die in our hearts. They live on if we cherish them and honor their memory"

Source: Maryse Conde I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem Chap 1 pg 10

and

"Next time will be better"

The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter

http://redhead1617.tripod.com/writersgarden/

Love, Red
Go to Top of Page

MonkeeMaven

393 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  14:09:04  Show Profile  Visit MonkeeMaven's Homepage
Aw, MarchHare. I wish I know what to say... I didn't reply sooner because I didn't know what to say, but now I find myself in the exact same position. A friend I've known for about a year passed away earlier this week; because he only had library internet access, it wasn't uncommon for him not to post for days. He, too, was in his early 40's and diabetic. He'd said over the past few months that he'd had health problems, but none of us ever thought.... I've tried not to mention my plentiful recent personal problems, but this one really takes the cake. *hugs MarchHare* You and your friends will be in my prayers.

http://pub76.ezboard.com/fmonkeelandfrm11.showMessage?topicID=4804.topic
Go to Top of Page

Elaine

356 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  19:39:24  Show Profile
MonkeeMaven:

"Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source." - Leo Tolstoy

It's hard to lose someone you have come to care about. I'm glad you have friends to share this with.

"The greatest sweetener of human life is friendship."
- Joseph Addison

Wishing you well,
Elaine
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  14:14:11  Show Profile
Thanks guys.

Kathy was buried this morning. Keep her husband and 2 kids in your thoughts. It was a beautiful service they have a magnificent choir which she had been part of so you could tell they were doing her proud.

The MarchHare !!O*
http://www.geocities.com/marchhare001/index.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000