Height
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

84 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  23:40:09  Show Profile
How tall is Robert Conrad ? I heard anywhere from 5'7" to 5'9" ?Anyone know ?

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  03:09:51  Show Profile
According to imbd he is 5' 8" (1.73 m)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001066/bio
Go to Top of Page

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  05:58:56  Show Profile
Having looked him in the eyes in person, I...

...won't burst your bubble.

"Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

84 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  09:48:49  Show Profile
sassy2 how tall are you ?
Go to Top of Page

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  09:53:02  Show Profile
5'3" under normal conditions but about 6' when angered....

Just remember, we get shorter as we get older. I last saw Bob a little over a year ago.

Go to Top of Page

Elaine
SS 1st assignment - desk job

356 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  14:42:20  Show Profile
I am fascinated by this repeating interest in RC's height.

I absolutley do not think of it ever while watching the show. I venture to guess that RC himself hasn't thought about it in a very long time. From everything I have read about him, he is a man with plenty of self-confidence.

I am a fraction under 5'4". My husband (of 25 years, I might add) is 5'4". His height has never been an issue in his life, and he is considerably shorter than RC no matter what measurement you go by.
Considering what I am used to, RC is on the tall side.

Personally, I find that the height question usually comes from other men. Women are more interested in other aspects of the WWW era RC to be overly concerned with his height.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  15:19:04  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Wasn't he 5'7" in his prime?

Go to Top of Page

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  11:33:31  Show Profile
Okay, okay...

Whitey Hughes swears he and RC were exactly the same height when on the show... Whitey was 5'6".

I never argue with Whitey.

Go to Top of Page

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  11:39:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine

I am fascinated by this repeating interest in RC's height.

It's MEN who are facinated by RC's height. "Small Man Complex" has never included women...

Heh....

I'll tell ya what - I've been in a few scrapes, some with 1200 lb animals that are intent on killing me, and the absolute last person I would want to get hit by is Whitey Hughes. I don't care how tall he is. When Whitey hugs you, IT HURTS. Like getting hugged by a rock.

Note that I have never been hugged, punched, or kicked by RC so I have no comment there. I do however know someone who was at a party where some creep really pissed RM off and got his jaw broke for his trouble.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

84 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  13:43:36  Show Profile
When the show was on the air his height was brought up alot in magazines and Tv shows talk shows .I met Conrad in 68 .By the time I got to him after his stage show along with Cangey . he sat down on the steps near the stage . When I shaked his hand and said hi he wasn;t standing .BUT he looked in great shape !I at the time was 18 years old and loved bodybuilding and still do .So I noticed the lean tight muscle development he had in his forearms and face and neck .The girl I went with said boy is he handsome ! She also shook hands with him .By the way that girl is now my wife and now says .I wish I would have kissed him that night !That night was great and we will never forget it .He and Cangey put on a great show .Fighting like on the show fast draw and Conrad even sang honest !
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  20:22:35  Show Profile
rocco: . . . and Conrad even sang honest !

I believe you. During his early Warner Bros. contract days, he recorded albums as Bob Conrad. According to the Kesler Bible, he was singing in Mexico while CBS was wrangling over whether to buy the series.

sassy: I do however know someone who was at a party where some creep really pissed RM off and got his jaw broke for his trouble.

Did you really mean "RM"? Seemingly gentle, debonair, smooth-talk-anyone-out-of-anything Ross? Or did you intend Bust-Down-the-Doors RC?
Go to Top of Page

Sassy2
SS novice field agent

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  21:32:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ccb

Did you really mean "RM"? Seemingly gentle, debonair, smooth-talk-anyone-out-of-anything Ross? Or did you intend Bust-Down-the-Doors RC?

Yes, Ross. The guy *really* must have had it coming to piss Ross off that much...

Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  21:45:35  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
do however know someone who was at a party where some creep really pissed RM off and got his jaw broke for his trouble.

...wow...

quote:
Yes, Ross. The guy *really* must have had it coming to piss Ross off that much...

he must've!

Never mess with those
quote:
Seemingly gentle, debonair, smooth-talk-anyone-out-of-anything

*Red giggles a little* the only thing these lil fists of mine have proven to do was to bruise, I did give my youngest sis a nice shiner for her school dance a few years ago (Red's very sorry she did that! she didn't mean to!) ... but then again... nobody's ever ticked me off that much to warrent anything else

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  22:47:59  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
quote:
I am a fraction under 5'4". My husband (of 25 years, I might add) is 5'4". His height has never been an issue in his life, and he is considerably shorter than RC no matter what measurement you go by.
Considering what I am used to, RC is on the tall side.
And I'm only 5' 1". I've a friend about RC's height 5' 8" or so 9" and he's about his weight,too! My, RC's pretty slim (and muscular, of course) at that time. Height ain't no problem to me either........unless one's a six footer!

And to think RC goes round on his 3" high heels. Gosh! I think I'm too heavy to do that!

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  12:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
And to think RC goes round on his 3" high heels

I'm 5'4", well pushing 5'4" anyway and I walk around on my tippy-toes a lot still, when I was a kid I wanted to see everything & being short, & still am compared to my Amazon sisters, I still do it, ironically I can't wear high heels! I can balance perfectly on my toes but +1" heels... forget it! I can wear 1" heel $5 cowboy boots (believe it of not, even w/ pointy toes that you can "spear a coyote with" they're the most comfy pair of shoes I own) There's no way I can do 3" ones!

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

JimPhelps
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  12:56:50  Show Profile
I noticed that Jim West seems taller in the third and fourth season but only when he’s wearing his more casual suit with the bolo tie. Is it just my imagination or an optical illusion? I thought perhaps it could be the boots but he also wears boots when he’s in his standard ascot-and-vest outfit. I hardly ever notice an actor’s height except in situations like this where it seems to change.
On a personal note perhaps I was predestined to be a WWW fan, RC and my father are the same age, same height, same first name.

Mr. Phelps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000