Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  18:45:44  Show Profile
BRAVO, Mon Oct 18 11:00am MDT

Suitable for Framing", Episode #33306.
Evidence points to an innocent woman after an art critic and his protege murder an uncle to inherit a collection.

Cast: Peter Falk, Ross Martin, Don Ameche, Kim Hunter, Vic Tayback.

Original Airdate: November 17, 1971.
Future Airings:
Columbo, Bravo Oct 19 11:00am
Columbo, Bravo Oct 20 11:00am
Columbo, Bravo Oct 22 02:30am
Columbo, Bravo Oct 22 11:00am

The Man From Button Willow (1965)
SHOW Oct 18 05:15am
Movies, 90 Mins.
** (Rated G)

Land-grabbers meet the first U.S. undercover agent. Animated.

Cast: Herschel Bernardi, Buck Buchanan, Pinto Colvig, Cliff Edwards, Verna Felton, John Hiestand, Howard Keel, Ross Martin, Shepard Menken, Clarence Nash, Edward Platt, Thurl Ravenscroft, Dale Robertson, Barbara Jean Wong.
Director(s): David Detiege.

Sanford & Son
TVLAND Oct 21 04:30pm
Series/Comedy, 30 Mins.
"California Crude", Episode #607.
Fred believes there is oil in his back yard.

Cast: Redd Foxx, Demond Wilson, Don Bexley, Patrick Campbell, Ross Martin, Bernie Orenstein.

Original Airdate: October 8, 1976.

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  21:11:10  Show Profile
The Man From Button Willow (1965)
SHOW Oct 18 05:15am
Movies, 90 Mins.
** (Rated G)

Land-grabbers meet the first U.S. undercover agent. Animated.
Cast: Herschel Bernardi, Buck Buchanan, Pinto Colvig, Cliff Edwards, Verna Felton, John Hiestand, Howard Keel, Ross Martin, Shepard Menken, Clarence
Nash, Edward Platt, Thurl Ravenscroft, Dale Robertson, Barbara Jean Wong. Director(s): David Detiege.

Whoa! This could make for a lat-minute Weeken Quiz supplemental!

What common, but half-remembered and unsung, contribution to popular culture did not fewer than Messrs Bernardi, Colvig, Edwards, Martin, Menken, Nash, and Ravenscroft all make?
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  06:51:13  Show Profile
quote:
What common, but half-remembered and unsung, contribution to popular culture did not fewer than Messrs Bernardi, Colvig, Edwards, Martin, Menken, Nash, and Ravenscroft all make?

Go to Top of Page

Elaine
SS 1st assignment - desk job

356 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  13:26:29  Show Profile
I am always amazed by the remarkable miscellaneous facts (not to be confused with mere trivia) that ccb is able to call forth.

(BTW, I saw Herschel Bernardi as Tevya on stage in the national touring company of "Fiddler on the Roof" many years ago. My mother was a volunteer usher at the Orpheum Theatre, and as a child I saw many musicals from my vantage point on the stairs of the balcony.)
Go to Top of Page

Elaine
SS 1st assignment - desk job

356 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  21:28:10  Show Profile
I'm going to guess that they all did voice-overs for commericals.
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  15:31:06  Show Profile
quote:
I'm going to guess that they all did voice-overs for commericals.

I didn't have a cluebut I bet you are right.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  07:00:39  Show Profile
All except RM have created a well-known cartoon character voice. Bernardi is Charlie the Tuna. Nash is Donald Duck. Colvig is Bozo the Clown. Menken is Clyde Crashcup(did I say well-known? sigh). Ravenscroft is Tony the Tiger(also sings "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"). Edwards is Jiminy Cricket.
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

684 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  07:01:53  Show Profile
By Jeopard, I think you've got it! All except the fact that this website's Ross Martin performance catalog tells us that Ross did cartoon voiceovers in the 1970's. So, it looks like they all did cartoons.
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  19:30:51  Show Profile
Jeopard: All except RM have created a well-known cartoon character voice. Bernardi is Charlie the Tuna. Nash is Donald Duck. Colvig is Bozo the Clown. Menken is Clyde Crashcup (did I say well-known? sigh). Ravenscroft is Tony the Tiger (also sings "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"). Edwards is Jiminy Cricket.

My memory of this is long ago and far away—but it was from this site I learned, I do believe, that Ross Martin was the voice of "Punchy," in the Hawaiian Punch cartoon ads of the 60s ("Hey, how'd you like a nice Hawaiian punch?" "Sure!" BOIINNGG!) And Pinto Colvig's other claim to vocal fame was as Goofy, Mickey and Donald's friend.

So . . . this weekend's extra quiz goes to Jeopard with a ARABELLA! Congratulations!

And a good week to you all!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000