New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  08:04:31  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
"Doctor Miguelitto Loveles! I'm his right-hand man..."

IMHO, Artie's funniest line. Surreal McCoy has some good Artie humor and performances.

What other funny lines does Artie have during other eps?

beerbad
SS novice field agent

684 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  11:40:52  Show Profile
I just watched Infernal Machines this morning and Artie zings Vito Scotti repeatedly. Artie is the pastry chef, Herr O, but he can't stand Vito's cooking and after working him into a lather several times he gets in one more at the end. Vashti spurns Vito's love and hits him in the face with a piece of Artie's masterpiece cake. After Jim destroys Artie's cake and Vito gets the piece in the face Artie says, "Well, at least it didn't go to waste."
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  22:15:09  Show Profile
There are so many. One that comes to mind is the Burning Diamond where he says I cheated I used force.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  15:43:08  Show Profile
quote:
[i] I cheated I used force.

I'm with you, Couldron. This is one of funniest and best-delivered lines of the series.

Lucy
Go to Top of Page

Herr Ostropolyer
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  17:40:10  Show Profile
Hey all,

Artie is the king of puns and punchlines, but the only few that I can think of off the top of my head are:

"You're a Count, why don't you count." To Manzeppi in TNOT Eccentrics

"A guy's gotta die before he learns who his friends really are." To Jim in TNOT Skulls

"Today is gonna be one of those days where nothing goes right." To himself when he is found out that he is the imposter Ascot Sam in TNOT Poisonous Posey

and

"This is gonna be a real LET DOWN!" To Jim as they are about to plummet to their deaths in TNOT Vicious Valentine

Herr Ostropolyer
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  20:03:32  Show Profile
Too many too pick from methinks....

The great thing about Ross Martin is that not only does he play a character, he has to stay in that character while disguising himself as yet another, usually completely different, role. Essentially he's an actor playing an actor playing numerous roles.

Pure genious that man.
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  08:25:00  Show Profile
"You're a Count, why don't you count." To Manzeppi in TNOT Eccentrics

That absolutely made me laugh. I also found it interesting that unlike other gunfights where Artemus was obviously worried, this time, he didn't seem a bit concerned. Maybe he'd read ahead on the script! grin
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  08:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Good point, Kmills.

In Surreal McCoy Artie was worried when he was about to watch Jim draw against Lightning McCoy, but in Eccentrics, he knew that Jim would take care of Deadeye with no problem.
Go to Top of Page

Herr Ostropolyer
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  16:06:16  Show Profile
Yeah That's a great point,
I don't think there is a continuity error here either.
Artie never witnessed Dead-eye's quick draw against another armed man, Heck no one did, but personally I felt that Artie knew that Jim could beat a machine hands down because all Dead-eye did was shoot unarmed men and not the real thing. Lightening McCoy on the other hand was truly amazing because of the way his introduction was written. Here you have a quite Mexican (maybe drunk) too involved in his drink to leave the threat of who Artie thinks is Lightening McCoy. When the quite Mexican gets that six shooter out and blasts the supposed threat it is truly amazing and terrifying. This is no machine who shoots unarmed men. He kills off the real thing like swatting flies, thus the bigger threat to Jim (And Artie truly worried for his friend and partner's life because McCoy is truly good). I hope that makes sense, after all its only a theory.

Herr Ostropolyer
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  20:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
After reviewing the many quotes on my site, I came to the conclusion that there way too many quotes to choose from, and all of the ones posted are certainly on my 'best of Artie' list. But also many of my favorite quotes are more than one-liners and the facial expressions (particularily of RM ) make them even funnier

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

684 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  08:46:58  Show Profile
To see RC laugh is a pure joy. You can tell that he's not acting; he is genuinely laughing along with RM. This would happen at the end of almost every episode and was a great way to end it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  05:54:09  Show Profile
Oh yeah ! it is a pure love to see Artie talk !! ESpecailly in "the night of the doomsday formula" when he is disguised in Mr Ortouglo !!!

And in buffalo Bill in "the night of the juggernaut" !

What do you think about these eps ?

Alex.

Alex.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  08:32:59  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
The Buffalo Bill disguise is pretty funny and he is funny when he takes the drugged drink,knowing that it is drugged.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2004 :  11:52:12  Show Profile
Oh yeah ! That's pretty courgaeous from him !

Alex.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2004 :  17:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
quote:
That's pretty courgaeous from him !

*giggles* I must agree with that asessment!

~Red

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  01:23:36  Show Profile
I was just watching yesterday "the night of the Drimson City" named in French "Souffre Ville (where we suffer and when the brim is used) nice play on words !

And i found James West more and more close To Artie , more than at the beginning of the series.

Alex.

Alex.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  07:05:25  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Good morning, artemusgordon.

Which episode did you see last night? I don't recognize the name.

Roger
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  16:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
ditto on what Roger asked, which episode was that artemusgordonwest?

*Quite amused at the French title & English translation, Red ponders on looking up the titles of all the eps in every language they come in for fun...*

~Red

Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4350 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  16:17:33  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Hey, Red. you and I posted at the exact same second. I was replying to your fire one and there was your funniest artie line. Amazing internet.
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  09:42:18  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
*waves* yeah, it can be something Rog but it can also be a bummer on ccb's quizzes when you're 1 sec behind someone else

~Red

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  10:58:40  Show Profile
I'm sorry i think i made a big mistake, the ep i was talking about is "The night of the fire and brimstone" called in French "Souffre ville " a place where men use to suffer

Alex.
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  13:53:03  Show Profile
quote:
I'm sorry i think i made a big mistake, the ep i was talking about is "The night of the fire and brimstone" called in French "Souffre ville " a place where men use to suffer

oooo how interesting that is a different take on that episode. I agree with you it is a
quote:
nice play on words !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000