Nash Bridges
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  20:27:32  Show Profile
I found this and it made me wonder since I have never heard of Robert Conrad being on this show. Does anyone know anything about it?
Nash Bridges
USA Dec 16 08:00am Add to My Calendar
Series/Action/Adventure, 60 Mins.
"Heist", Episode #518.
Nash must infiltrate a thief's base of operation in order to catch him; Joe protects a mean-spirited restaurant critic; Evan returns to the unit; Caitlin may become Nash's boss.

Cast: Don Johnson, Cheech Marin, Jaime P. Gomez, Jeff Perry, Yasmine Bleeth, Javier Claudio, Richard Cox, John B. Scott, Calum Grant, Robert Conrad, Robert Joy, Nicole Wilder, Cody Kasch, Gwen Templeton, Ivana Milicevic, Pete Antico, Adam Gavzer, Celia Shuman.
Director(s): Steve De Jarnatt.
Producer(s): Don Johnson, Carlton Cuse, Robert Papazian, James Hirsch, John Wirth.
Writer(s): Reed Steiner, Jed Seidel.

Original Airdate: March 31, 2000.

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  09:45:41  Show Profile
It wasn't on today. This info came from Yahoo tv. When I checked with tv guide they had this episode on Thursday and I will not be home

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  11:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
It isn't THE Robert Conrad, is it?

Isn't this another actor going by that famous name?
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  13:05:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

It isn't THE Robert Conrad, is it?

Isn't this another actor going by that famous name?

At last, a way for a newcomer to the group to make an introduction of self and be helpful at the same time.

Actors are not allowed to use the exact same name as used by another actor - ergo the use of initials sometimes, as Michael J. Fox because there was another actor using Michael Fox. Therefore, this has to be THE Robert Conrad, because no one else could use that name.

And I didn't even know Nash Bridges was still on television - no surprise, since I rarely watch network television, preferring stuff like Food Network, TLC, Discovery, Animal Planet, and of course anyone who'll show old television. Even, to my shame, the occasional viewing of Skiffy (Sci Fi) despite their crimes against fandoms everywhere.

Another old fogey here - I remember adoring WWW in first run as a child, and while James West has always been an admirable heroic figure, Mssr. Artemus Gordon has never failed to fascinate beyond the level of his partner.

And greetings to the one using Jim Phelps as their screen name - I'm a complete M:I fanatic myself, and a happy fan of Martin Landau, with whom I have had the ultimate fan's delight, a pleasant, if short, one-on-one conversation. Note all who might wonder: ML is a dear, true gentleman and not only polite but friendly; certainly when treated with respect and friendly admiration!

Silver
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  14:02:17  Show Profile
Welcome Silver,

Thanks for the information and I hope to see your posting often. We need all the help we can get with quizes.

I should have posted sooner. I did watch that episode narry a site of anyone named Robert Conrad. I think that Yahoo (where I got the info) just made a typo.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  14:49:51  Show Profile
Thank you for the greeting, Mary. You're probably right about the typo; they seem to become more common all the time. Recently I read a report of Vincent Vintresca (Invisible Man) being listed as the star of Farscape on some mention.

Those quizzes are fantastic! You've got a great person setting them up, for sure. I'm going to love trying to catch an answer or two, and of course just suffer terribly repeatedly going through my tapes and the few DVDs (Columbia House) I've gotten so far.

One thing about CH I haven't seen mentioned - they have that rotten tendency to mix shows up for the video tape collections - I have a number of WWW tapes, all the M:I tapes they put out, as far as I know, although it's been 7 years or so, and the Night Stalker collection (complete) as well as some tapes for a couple of other shows. In all of these, they seem to pick some sort of theme and scratch together two otherwise unrelated episodes to put together. The DVDs, however, are thus far progressing in order of original airing dates.

Fair warning to all - I'm a fanfiction writer, although I haven't 'published' any WWW fiction (novella getting closer to completion). A lot of other writing projects keep me busy, especially Invisible Man.

Really looking forward to getting to talk with true-blue fans of one of the greatest television series ever. Just be forwarned that I sometimes vanish for periods of time without explanation. Darn those secret missions!

Silver
Go to Top of Page

couldron
SS novice field agent

1438 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  20:08:07  Show Profile
quote:
Fair warning to all - I'm a fanfiction writer, although I haven't 'published' any WWW fiction (novella getting closer to completion). A lot of other writing projects keep me busy, especially Invisible Man.

Clapping wildly Yeah. I love fan fic.

Please give us your thoughts on our reviews. The next review will be Watery Death.
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  20:24:27  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
quote:
Therefore, this has to be THE Robert Conrad, because no one else could use that name.
WELCOME, Silver. Thanks for the info. but having browsed through many a website in search of mah man in blue, I have come across another Robert Conrad - who is related to the music or broadcasting industry. I dunno who exactly he is cos I never heard of any musician/singer/radio/broadcaster/etc by that name. And that Robert Conrad knows he had been at times, confused with our dear Bob. He even related an incident in a restaurant where the patrons were told "Robert Conrad" is coming to the restaurant and everyone was waiting for James West to turn up, but it wasn't Jim.

There was even another "Robert Conrad" who's related to politics or some legal stuff...?
AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  20:33:28  Show Profile
Well, sure, Blue - there's no way they can stop other people from having/using the same name as an actor. If you check, you'll notice I said an ACTOR can't use the same name as another actor. I meant, of course, professionally. The restriction ends there, so any other form of entertainer, it would be no problem.

Silver
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  22:27:35  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
That would really be great, Silver. Gosh, you can imagine my excitement google search turned out so many "Robert Conrad" pages; and my disappointment (and droopy eyes) when in reality only a quarter of 'em are about Bob. My, my if two actors have the same names, I'd have to read each article through before realising if they're the right one.

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  22:34:29  Show Profile
At last, a way for a newcomer to the group to make an introduction of self and be helpful at the same time.

Hi yo, Silver! And welcome aboard. Who said anything about having to be helpful? The rest of us just show up.

. . . Martin Landau, with whom I have had the ultimate fan's delight, a pleasant, if short, one-on-one conversation. Note all who might wonder: ML is a dear, true gentleman and not only polite but friendly; certainly when treated with respect and friendly admiration!

How good to hear that not all celebrities, or fans, have lost their human decency or civility.

Actors are not allowed to use the exact same name as used by another actor - ergo the use of initials sometimes, as Michael J. Fox because there was another actor using Michael Fox.

I read somewhere that it has to do with Screen Actors' Guild regulations. They have to make sure that the royalties go out to, and dues come in from, the right people.

BTW: The other, older Michael Fox himself appeared once on The Wild Wild West. Do you happen to know which episode?

Another old fogey here -

Another visitor after my own heart!
Go to Top of Page

Herr Ostropolyer
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  16:32:54  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Silver. Many Happy Returns!

Hey CCB is the question about Michael Fox up for everybody, or Silver in particular. I know the answer, but don't want to ruin it if this question is directed at Silver.

Herr Ostropolyer- The Master of not stepping on anybody's toes. (lol)
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  18:09:45  Show Profile
My thanks, Herr Ostropolyer. I hope to be able to make some contributions to the board.

I've got not idea on the Michael Fox question, although of course now I'll be keeping my eye open on those cast lists. For me, you may as well give it a shot!

Silver

quote:
Originally posted by Herr Ostropolyer

Welcome aboard Silver. Many Happy Returns!

Hey CCB is the question about Michael Fox up for everybody, or Silver in particular. I know the answer, but don't want to ruin it if this question is directed at Silver.

Herr Ostropolyer- The Master of not stepping on anybody's toes. (lol)

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  08:56:46  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Re: "Nash Bridges" --

My TIVO picked up this ep because of "Robert Conrad" in the credits recently. Because of the half-screening of the credit sequence, I had to run it back and forth a few times to read it clearly, but the credit specifically says 'Robert Conrad - CalTrans Guy'. So the actor in question is the heavy-set guy in the first five minutes who has a line answering a question for Don Johnson.

Yes, another 'Robert Conrad'. Not too surprising given how common both first and last name are. We must have heard from ten different fans named Robert Conrad on this web site over the years thru e-mail ("...wow - my name is the same as Jim West's!") Although, one does have to wonder why SAG has allowed to working actors to have the same name (they're not supposed to do so.) Best guess is that this guy has a middle initial or something and the editor who did the credits on this ep omitted it for some reason.

Now if I could just train TIVO to tell the difference between RC and this 'CalTrans Guy'...

PS - Welcome Silver.

-------------------------------------------------
Your WildWildWest.org AdminMaven
admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

tina_als_girl
SS spy school graduate

55 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  10:27:58  Show Profile
Well, I know Harrison Ford had to add a middle initial to his name (he didn't have a middle name) when he first started out because there had been a silent actor by the same name. But later, when Harrison got popular enough, he ended up dropping the initial.

This confused me back in 1998 when I went to LA and saw that Harrison Ford had a star on the Walk of Fame. I took a picture of me with it, but later found out it was a star for the silent actor...

It does make me wonder exactly how SAG deals with such confusion.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Herr Ostropolyer
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  16:09:52  Show Profile
Thank you Silver, There is a rhyme and reason to my madness.
I simply had to answer this question because its about one of my favorite WWW episodes. Michael Fox was the very relentless theatre owner who demanded that Marcia Deneson perform in his theatre in TNOT Death-Maker.

A little known fact about Michael Fox is that he starred in the very first episode of Batman in 1966 "Hi Diddle Riddle" He played Inspector Basch, who would have been a recurring character ala Inspector Hendereson in the old George Reeve's Adventures of Superman tv series of the 1950's. They dropped the character because he was far too serious for the inept Gotham City Police Force. However, he would return to be a radio announcer in the Batman episodes "True or False-Face", "Holy Rat Race", in which he gave the caped crusaders the clue "Many are called, but few are chosen.", which was quoted by our very own Artemus Gordon in "TNOT Lord of Limbo" right before he was whisked away upon King Solomon;s Throne and into Limbo by NBV. "Gee, what a small world!" Lol

Herr Ostropolyer- The master of inane 1960's tv trivia. Lol
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  16:19:08  Show Profile
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone, you've all welcomed me with such kindness. I think I'm going to enjoy playing in your back yard, and I promise to put your (our) toys back neatly when I finish with them. Okay, maybe a little damaged, but I'll kiss all the booboos better!

Silver
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000