Haunted House episode?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  02:19:20  Show Profile
Hi, I haven't seen Wild Wild West since I was a kid. It seems like I remember an episode involving a haunted house. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  07:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
Good morning, crystalball.

You may be thinking of the famous season 2 episode called THE NIGHT OF THE MANEATING HOUSE.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  08:55:56  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
and almost forgot...

Welcome to the site, crystallball!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  09:06:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
It is probably TNot Man-Eating House, but there is a small probability that it could be TNot Big Blast...

PS - Welcome Crystalball.

-------------------------------------------------
Your WildWildWest.org AdminMaven
admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  10:56:06  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
good point, Admin.

Yes, to a youngster, TNOT BIG BLAST could easily look like a haunted house episode
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  05:27:16  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome and the replies. It definitely looks like it is TNot Man-Eating House. I have vague memories of it since its been maybe more than 25 years since I last saw it.

If anyone reading this thread knows where I can get a copy of this episode, please let me know.

I checked out the Columbia subscription thing and it seems kind of expensive and takes a while. God I wish they'd put out entire sets.

Anyways, its nice to see that there is a board up for this excellent show
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  08:53:58  Show Profile
Welcome to our merry band, crystalball.

I'd bet that the episode you are looking for is "The Night of the Man-Eating House," the only flat-out ghost story the series' producers ever did, The good news is that, almost forty years after its original broadcast, it is now available on both VHS and DVD.

The bad news, as by now you'd know, is that you are limited in options that are both affordable and reliable. If subscribing to Columbia House seems too rich for your purse, here are some alternatives.

1. Take a chance on eBay and go with a cheaper VHSor, down the road, DVD. Such items from Columbia House's The Wild Wild West Collector's Series appear there regularly but can be obscurely identified by only the first episode in the issue. In that case, you're looking for the CH VHS with "The Night of the Golden Cobra," guest starring Boris Karloff. The second episode on that tape is "Man-Eating House," with Hurd Hatfield. If the CH DVD should turn up on eBay, that episode is the last of three: "The Night of the Green Terror" and "The Night of the Ready-Made Corpse" are the others.

2. Another possibility: Call CH and plead for them to let you purchase the VHS item as a singleton. Since they're a subscription series, they may say nobut, if they now have a warehouse of unsold VHS tapes, they may say yes.

3. A third possibility: Subscribe to the series (the first item is always priced cheapest, as a customer hook). Then, when you get a new tape or DVD each month that you don't want, return it for a refund. Sooner or later, they'll send you the one(s) you are really interested in. As a member, it's possible that the right telephone agent might be flexible and send you a particular item out of sequence. Columbia House is one of the weirdest, generally least customer-friendly merchandisers I've ever worked with; but I think they are honest.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  09:46:54  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by crystalball

...It definitely looks like it is TNot Man-Eating House...

If anyone reading this thread knows where I can get a copy of this episode, please let me know.

If money is an issue (something I can definitely relate with), I would suggest calling Columbia House and insist they allow you to order the one video or DVD that contains TNot Man-Eating House.

CH's customer service people are really inconsistent -- they often don't know all the options the company they work for offers (!!) However, we do know for sure that they will allow you to buy just one tape/DVD instead of the whole series.

Tell them to send you just the one with TNot Man-Eating House. Make sure you insist -- just the one.

-Yours in (secret) service,

---------->>>>> <<<<<----------
WildWildWest.org AdminMaven

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  02:01:49  Show Profile
Thanks again for the info everybody.
Eventually I intend to get the entire series on dvd of this excellent show, but I'm going to wait for a little while to see if Columbia House or someone else releases it all together at once for a cheaper price. Everybody else is releasing entire season sets of past tv shows so hopefully they'll get with the program, and the prices are way lower than what the Columbia subscription thing comes out to. At $15 a pop or whatever it is, one season comes down to well over a hundred dollars.

Plus I don't want to wait like two years just to get to an episode I want, so in the meantime I'm just going to try to get some favorite episodes wherever I can hunt them down, and wait to see what happens.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000