New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colonel Cross
SS spy school graduate

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  21:28:46  Show Profile
I just wanted to know if anyone has recieved Volume 16 and above? I recieved Volume 15 in November and nothing since then. Does Columbia House take a month off for the Holidays?

That's Mars, Nevada?

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  05:29:11  Show Profile
Hello, Colonel. Long time, no see.

Ah, Columbia House. For them every day is holiday, if only from their brains.

On the other hand, I keep buying DVDs from them at $15.00 a pop; so what does that say about my brains?
Go to Top of Page

orrin cobb
SS novice field agent

USA
959 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  08:47:28  Show Profile  Visit orrin cobb's Homepage
I, too, have been looking out for Vol. 16. but since Columbia House also hasn't replied to my last letter concerning their billing screw-ups with me, I guess it is business as usual for them. I do know that it takes over a month from the shipping date printed on the invoice for me to receive a DVD, then I get a letter within the week saying I am late and socking me with a late fee. Anybody else suffering this way?
Go to Top of Page

Colonel Cross
SS spy school graduate

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  21:01:28  Show Profile
Thanks ccb. It's good to be back. Time flies when you are having fun.

Hey Orrin,
I usually get a my DVD and have to mail the payment right away to get it in by the due date.

That's Mars, Nevada?
Go to Top of Page

orrin cobb
SS novice field agent

USA
959 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  21:07:53  Show Profile  Visit orrin cobb's Homepage
Thanks, Colonel. At least I'm not alone jumping through their hoops. They still charge me full price also and not the discount I fought hard to get. Each time I have to fax another letter to them to get a credit- have given up on Customer Service.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  15:32:37  Show Profile
I started ordering with Columbia house after a mess of a time with the company from Cleveland. We got the first DVD from Columbia House only to open the sealed case to find it empty! I called CH and was told they would ship another. Got the replacement - and another charge. It looks like I am in for a long hall based on your posts.

How did you get a discounted price? Any help in cutting the cost would be appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

Ricardius
Secret Service recruit

26 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  12:53:11  Show Profile
Volume 16....well, I was told, back in July, that volume 15 was the last one they had record for being produced and shipped. I had bought them all, en mass, with the exception of Volumes 13, 14 and 15....which I was charged full price.

Now, when I called them before the Holidays, and talked to marketing....they had no record of further volumes forth comming. However, this is not unusual, since many volumes are produced in a series, to cut production costs. I do not beileve that they will stop production. It could happen if sales are slummping to the point they are losing money creating the DVDs. Not likely, but possible.

I called Customer Service when I read this post, and as of now, today....nothing on record for them.....maybe someone else will have better luck than I.....
Go to Top of Page

Colonel Cross
SS spy school graduate

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  21:21:26  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Ricardius.

I seem to remember when Columbia House sent me the offer to get the DVDs that they said they were going to make at least the first two seasons? I will contact Columbia House and try to get some more info. I sure would like to get into season three and four as they were bearily touched by the VHS editions.

That's Mars, Nevada?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:15:37  Show Profile
I have not received Vol. 16, either. I was due to get it this month. Does anyone have the contact number? I pay online, so I don't have an invoice. Maybe if we inundate them with calls, they will figure out that there is a market. Thanks.

Lucy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:59:36  Show Profile
So what episode does it end at, 45?
Go to Top of Page

Colonel Cross
SS spy school graduate

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  21:15:40  Show Profile
Ok, I e-mailed Columbia House asking them are there any more episodes, past Volume 15, to be released.

The reply was that Volume 15 was as far as originally planned and that they would contact me when more information become available.

I suggest that eveyone who is interested in more DVDs, write, call, or e-mail.

It certainly can't hurt!!

That's Mars, Nevada?
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  20:36:07  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by crystalball

So what episode does it end at, 45?

Also, what eps are in Vol. 15?

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  12:13:52  Show Profile
Volume 15: The Night of the Tottering Tontine, The Night of the Feathered Fury and The Night of the Gypsy Peril.

By the way, I am very disappointed that the news is the Columbia House doesn't intend on releasing any more volumes at this time. I can't believe they wouldn't want to complete the collection. I was trying to be optimistic before by wishfully thinking they would continue their path. Now. . . ugh.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  15:30:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Cross

I suggest that eveyone who is interested in more DVDs, write, call, or e-mail.

I agree with that.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  15:54:03  Show Profile
more bad news... I just talked to CH and they told me now only the first 30 episodes are available. I was trying to order some individual volumes, and they couldn't sell me TNOT Man-Eating House because it is past episode 30.
Go to Top of Page

Ricardius
Secret Service recruit

26 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  04:54:26  Show Profile
>>more bad news... I just talked to CH and they told me now only the first 30 episodes are available. I was trying to order some individual volumes, and they couldn't sell me TNOT Man-Eating House because it is past episode 30.

I can confrim that. Called them myself yesterday as well. I was told there are no more in the pipline and that basically what has been produced is it for the forseeable future. Nope...this is not a good thing....
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:18:16  Show Profile
Col. Cross:The reply was that Volume 15 was as far as originally planned and that they would contact me when more information become available.

For the faithul, this is bad news. Maybe the series is losing money for them; still, one wishes they had at least finished out Season Two with three more volumes.

crystalball: more bad news... I just talked to CH and they told me now only the first 30 episodes are available. I was trying to order some individual volumes, and they couldn't sell me TNOT Man-Eating House because it is past episode 30.

This is nearly beyond belief. It makes sense only if they have sold out their stock of volumes 11-15. But, if that's the case, then why are they refusing to perpetuate such a hot-selling series?

Columbia House remains, in my experience, the most bizarre, maddening marketer of its own products. From appearances, they act as though they don't want to sell their merchandise. Despite my sadness that they seem to be drawing West to a close, in a way I'm relieved. I won't have to deal with these jackasses anymore.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  15:10:34  Show Profile
All of this news about CH begs the question: Now what are the options of getting copies of WWW episodes. Short of bootlegged copies on eBay--which I refuse to do--is there any other source?

Lucy
Go to Top of Page

tina_als_girl
SS spy school graduate

55 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  15:31:51  Show Profile
Is it possible that maybe CBS is planning their own WWW DVD sets?

Of course, then again, CH didn't stop their production of the Touched By An Angel DVDs when CBS came out with their own TBAA DVDs...

This really bites. I finally got a job (I start next week), and now I'm going to be unable to buy the WWW DVDs from Columbia House... I was looking so forward to being able to do that!

Joy
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3799 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  19:55:36  Show Profile
Lucy: Short of bootlegged copies on eBay--which I refuse to do--is there any other source?

Unless this site's Administrator, Col. Richmomd, has laid in a nice store for the winter, I'd guess that eBay remains your best source. You need not gamble, however, with bootlegged copies. When I "googled" West on their site more frequently than I now do, they tended to have Columbia House VHS-tapes on their block quite regularly. I bought a few of them myself: good quality at reasonable prices. In time, I'd guess, the CH CDs should also be available there as well. I hope so.

Others may know of reputable VHS/CD distributors that specialize in hard-to-find items.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  08:56:41  Show Profile
There was only 15 VHS produced If I'm correct... that is as far as they will go on DVD just because they like number 15.
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  10:08:45  Show Profile
I have 25 CH videos. I do believe that was all they made. When I got the last one, they wanted me to try another series, but no promises on more W3. That's fifty episodes. Let's see, 15 dvd's, three episodes per, do the math. Hum. You guys might be done. Sooner or later, CBS is going to put everything on dvd that they have in the vault. Of course, I may be dead.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  20:59:00  Show Profile
Could you point me to a place with the full listing of all the videos ? I only got 15 from them, then it stopped !
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  05:11:24  Show Profile
http://mall.turnpike.net/~SABINE/colhse.htm

or

1. The Night of the Inferno 9/17/65
The Night of the Double-Edged Knife 11/12/65

2. The Night the Wizard Shook The Earth 10/1/65
The NIght that Terror Stalked The Town 11/19/65

3. The Night of the Red-Eyed Madman 11/26/65
The Night of the Human Trigger 12/3/65

4. The Night of the Torture Chamber 12/10/65
The Night of the Druid's Blood 3/25/66

5. The Night of the Whirring Death 2/18/66
The Night of the Murderous Spring 4/15/66

6. The Night the Dragon Screamed 1/14/66
The Night of the Eccentrics 9/16/66

7. The Night of the Puppeteer 2/25/66
The Night of the Flying Pie Plate 10/21/66

8. The Night of the Bottomless Pit 11/4/66
The Night of the Green Terror 11/18/66

9. The Night of the Watery Death 11/11/66
The Night of the Feathered Fury 1/13/67

10. The Night of the Tartar 2/3/67
The Night of the Vicious Valentine 2/10/67

11. The Night of the Surreal McCoy 3/3/67
The Night of the Bogus Bandits 4/7/67

12. The Night Dr. Loveliss Died 9/29/67
The Night of Montezuma's Hordes 10/27/67

13. The Night of the Assassin 9/22/67
The Night of the Amnesiac 2/9/68

14. The Night of the Turncoat 12/1/67
The Night of the Underground Terror 1/19/68

15. The Night of the Bubbling Death 9/8/67
The Night of the Falcon 11/10/67

16. The Night of the Sudden Death 10/8/65
The Night of the Glowing Corpse 10/29/65

17. The Night of the Howling Light 12/17/65
The Night of the Steel Assassin 1/7/66

18. The Night of the Grand Emir 1/28/66
The Night of the Two-Legged Buffalo 3/11/66

19. The Night of the Bars Of Hell 3/4/66
The Night of the Freebooters 4/1/66

20. The Night of the Burning Diamond 4/8/66
The Night of the Sudden Plague 4/22/66

21. The Night of the Raven 9/30/66
The Night of the Big Blast 10/7/66

22. The Night of the Golden Cobra 9/23/66
The Night of the Man-Eating House 12/2/66

23. The Night of the Returning Dead 10/14/66
The Night of the Undead 2/2/68

24. The Night of the Big Blackmail 9/27/68
The Night of the Egyptian Queen 11/15/68

25. The Night of Miguelito's Revenge 12/13/68
The Night of the Diva 3/7/69

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000