New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lleroy
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  06:39:06  Show Profile
The revelation that Elaine watches W3 while ironing prompted me to wonder: do other people have a special time for watching?

I confine my indulgence to when I am on the exercise bike (haven't seen as many episodes lately as I should have ). I make an exception in the case of episode-watching in pursuit of a quiz.

Leslie

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  11:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
What a great question.

I usually watch one or two of my favorites that I taped when it was on TNN for awhile. When I do watch them it is usually on a Friday night or maybe a Saturday night. Sometimes I stupidly have a big container of caramel popcorn while watching. Not good for my waist.

About 8 months ago I introduced the show to some younger friends who had never seen it. These guys are in their late twenties and thirties and I am almost 43. I showed them TNOT DEATHMASKS.
Go to Top of Page

AdorableBlue
SS novice field agent

948 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  16:15:36  Show Profile  Visit AdorableBlue's Homepage
It amazes me how one could watch a fav series whilst exercising or even ironing I'm sure I'd end up tiring my calves or burning a hole in my clothes. I know my eyes'd be glued to Jim and where he walks - how could I possibly concentrate elsewhere....

That makes my watching WWW when I'm not doing anything else and it gets my full attention - usually in the evenings and into the night. (Gee, full concentration and yet can't beat the quizmaeister )

AdorableBlue
Go to Top of Page

hawaiiboy
Secret Service recruit

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  20:08:58  Show Profile
...well I watch the DVDs late at night, as my sleep 'tonic'/aka Tonight Show ( Johnny Carson version ). My wife has usually fell asleep or off to bed, as she doesn't like WWW nor RObert Conrad. WHen I watch WWW late at night, it reminds me of when I saw the original broadcasts as a younster.
Go to Top of Page

lleroy
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  11:25:45  Show Profile
It amazes me how one could watch a fav series whilst exercising or even ironing I'm sure I'd end up tiring my calves or burning a hole in my clothes. I know my eyes'd be glued to Jim and where he walks - how could I possibly concentrate elsewhere....

That's the whole point! Who wants to concentrate on ironing or exercising? Of course, you do have to exert a little bit of self control. Oh wait, maybe I'm missing the point...

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

Ricardius
Secret Service recruit

26 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  08:24:40  Show Profile
Honestly...and it would kill the average fan....but I watch an episode a week...yeap, on Fridays.

Why do I do this? I have many favorite old shows on DVD. I break it down like this....

Mini-Series Mondays: Currently playing, V-The Series
Lost Tuesdays: Lost In space
Herculiean Wednesdays: Hercules
Combative Thursdays: Combat!
Wild Fridays: The Wild Wild West
Second Feature everyday: Currently, The World At War.

I usually do this around dinner time when I prep and make dinner. (I'm a stay at home, work from home dad, so I can take 90 minutes to make dinner ) and no....I have yet to torch a meal.....
Go to Top of Page

K Mills
SS novice field agent

849 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  09:49:47  Show Profile
I usually watch on Saturday afternoons. The kids love Jack 'Diamonds and run screaming when I put in a Dr. Loveless show.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  11:31:19  Show Profile
Our local religious channel in Oklahoma City runs Wild Wild West on monday nights at 8:00pm and I usually tape and watch the episode when I get home from work at 10:00pm
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  19:59:52  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage
I tried to explain to my dad that between school & work I only have ~2.5 hours a day to myself, if I do not invade that time studying extra hard on Latin or doing midterms, so I save all those 2.5 hours until the wee hours of sunday morning to watch www. I work the overnight shift at Toys R Us from 9:30pm-7:30am Friday & Saturday nights so naturally I sleep all day Sunday & I watch WWW from the moment I get up until my dad takes me back to my dorm at 6:00am. So I figure I get in about 4 or 5 episodes on a good sunday
(way too sick to pull that this weekend though :-( a nasty combination of food posioning, stomach virus, & dehydration landed me in the ER tuesday, I'm doing better but right now I think our boys might be just a tad too taxing for recovery...)

~Red

*sigh...where's MY Ross Martin?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

84 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  03:08:55  Show Profile
I use to watch my DVD's friday nights at 7:30 honest .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000