Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ride back to the train was a quiet one. Artie trying to hold his tongue, Kit wondering when the dam would burst, and Pet trying to figure out how to keep them apart once Artie went ballistic and she knew he would.

AFter they had dismounted and fed and curried their horses, again all in that errie silence, they entered the parlor car. Kit chose to sit in one of the wingbacked chairs while Pet chose the settee. Artie was staring out the window, hands on his hips, glaring.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Looked at him "Go ahead Artemus You know you want too, But if your going to stand in silence I am going to go and put on some dry clothes first"

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:26:14  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple is at the hotel desk when the others return, making sure that she has no messages before she leaves for the station. Jim approaches her.*

Jim:"Apple, Kitana told everyone what has been going on. Arte knows too, and he is angry. We left the three of them alone to talk, they were heading back to the siding on the other side of town. I just thought you would like to know."

Apple sighs, "Thank you, James. I just wish that I knew what Kitana had been thinking. She is on suspension, and so is Pet for that matter...I can't understand..." She is handed a telegram by the hotel clerk. She reads it, then looks at Jim. "I find that my trip has been postponed. Wade is not yet moving to his new post. Maybe I will talk to Artemus later. He always talks to me. And you Jim. We need to talk to them."

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally, he turned and faced Kit who was glaring back at him.

Artie: "That was a damn fool stunt! Just what were you thinking or were you trying to prove something?" Kit just stared back at him.

Artie: "How DARE you...years ago...the war...THAT was you and you never told me!" He turned to stare back out the window. Pet keeping her eye on him.

Artie: "You just don't get it do you, Kit? It's a matter of turst. If you couldn't trust me enough to tell me who you were back then why should I trust you now?"

Artie glared at her, then turned and left the parlor car, leavign Pet and Kit alone.

Pet: "I'll go talk to him, Kit. He's not thinking rationally right now." Pet told her friend as she rose and follwed after him.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet caught up to Artie outside his lab. She grabbed his hand as he reched for the doorknob and stopped him. She kept her hand in his as she gently turned his face toward her.

Pet: "Artie, I know you're upset with Kit and to an extent I can see your point. But you need to at least hear her out." Pet looks out the window at an approaching riders.

"Look, it's Apple and Jim! I think I'll go talk to Apple, you stay in your lab and tinker...uh...no working on any blowie uipes."

"And calm down things will work out. You didn't forget about your weekend plans did you? And I just got a wire I have a sick relative I must go see." Pet kissed his cheek and winks at him.

Artie: "I've been looking forward to...uh...MY weekend all week," He told her with a twiinkle in his eyes.

Pet heads back to the parlor car to inform Kit of the return of Apple and Jim.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit thanked pet for telling her about Apple and Jim and she went to the lab. She didn't knock but just walked right in and saw him sitting there messing with something.

"I hope you are not going to blow me up." When that didn't get a response she sat down.

"Artemus how was I to know that you wouldn't turn me in all those years ago. I did what I did out of comapssion for people. And in the end it nearly got me killed. I am sorry for lying to you but I had no choice."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Artemus didn't respond Kit could see she was going to get nowhere wiith him and she spoke "I will ask for a transfer we can not be working together if we can't trust eachother, I just ask you to remeber Timber Lake and the small battle that resulted there and the aftermath."

She walked out of the lab And back to the parlor car she would telegraph Richmond and see if she could transfer to another team as soon as her suspension was over, until then she really would head to Old Mexico.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie looked up, absorbed what Kit had just said and followed her.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Looked at apple and Jim "I am going to request a transfer, Artemus and I can not work together.. After I telegraph Richmond I am going to spend the rest of my suspension in Old Mexico.. Good Luck to you all And please tell bess and Pidge I said bye."

She walks over to the telegraph and starts to write down what she is going to say.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:14:33  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and Jim look at each other, at a loss as to what to say. This whole mission had been quite emotional and was starting to take its toll.*

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arite: "Kit Montgomery we are NOT finished here." He grabbed her arm and stopped her from finishing her telegram.

Kit: "I think I know what I'm doing, Artemus!" she glared at him.

Artie: "No, Kit, you don't. I said some things I shouldn't have a while ago. I was upset, that's all. But you have to udnerstand...I didn't see what was in front of me in the war. I should have and didn't. When I left the war I put all of it behind me."

"I have a new life now...one that I love dearly and I wouldn't change a thing. We can work together, you have the makings of a first rate agent and I want to be there to see it developed."

Apple and Jim felt very out of place and where glad Pet had gone to the galley to get them something to drink.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit glared at him "I am glad you were able to do that.. I am not... I saw somethings I should never have seen done things that needed to be done but should never have been left to a mortal Human. I made chocies I regreat, I had to choose who lived or died, who was worth the time and who wasn't. Those eyes those faces still haunt me."

She stopped and looked at him a great saddness in her eyes "I wanted to tell you many a night but I couldn't risk it... You helped get through that time and for that I will be forever grateful.. But I can not stand to see you look at me that way and I wont."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:20:59  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kit stares at Arte, then Apple comes to her senses. "Artemus, go back to your lab. Jim go with him. Kit...stay here."

She shoos the men out, Jim leading his partner out of the parlor car.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meanwhile, back at the hotel, Pidge is having some issues of her own.

She and Bess go back to their room and change.

Pidge wipes the hair out of her eyes and hangs up her beloved blue silk dress. "I'm going to take a bath, Bess, but I need to talk with you about something."

Bess,too, is changing her clothes for something a little more comfortable. And clean. She stops and looks at Pidge.

"You know. That's not a bad idea. I could really go for a nice relaxing bath. Why don't you go first and I'll try the one in the guys' room. They won't be needing it for awhile.

Pidge nodded wearily.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:43:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple:"Kitana, the past is over. You can't think of what might have been, and you can't change the way those two feel about each other. Just because you made a mistake of not trusting Artemus all those years ago does not mean that you can make him see you differently now. Maybe you two could have been together if you had told him, but that is not what is going to happen now. He has made choices, choices that can't be erased, just as you have. You have to face those choices head on and stay around to do your job. Artemus is right about that."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the hotel, another face appears at the front desk. He rings the bell, sets down his suitcase and waits for the clerk. Tall, wavy black hair with a tint of grey. His features are quite distinctive but in a rather handsome manly way. When he speaks you can tell that he is from the South. The grand old South.

He is still holding onto a doctor's bag. So used to having it along he almost forgets that it is there.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The clerk looks up and asks, "Can I help you, sir?"

"Yes, I'd like a room, please. One with a bath."

He signs in and the clerk hands him his key. Snapping his fingers, the clerk motions a boy over to carry his suitcase upstairs for him.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge decides to get another towel from the front desk. She's going to need one for her hair.

She puts on a dress she often wears for travelling and goes downstairs. Too tired and preoccupied to pay attention, she bumps into the doctor.

"Oh, excuse me," she says looking up at him. She stops and looks again. "Dr. Parker? Dr. Douglas Parker?? Why, how are you, my old friend??" She hugs him and laughs with delight.

Dr. Parker laughs in return and hugs her back. "Pidge!! I haven't seen you in ages. I'm doing fine. How are you and the Colonel doing?"

Pidge's smile fades and she says, "Dearie, we need to talk. Could you use a coffee?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Dr. Parker leave the hotel and go to a little restaurant for their coffee. Together they sit and fill each other in on what has transpired in their lives since their last meeting.

Dr. Parker: "So you see, Pidge. I've been working over at Junction City now for awhile but I just get the itch to move on. Do you remember Mr. Kennedy from the trading post? (she nods and he laughs). That old codger never knew who put the itching powder in his saddlebags.

(he stops for a minute and looks at Pidge)

Pidge, you and I go way back. Do you remember a Dr. Montgomery who used to be in my unit? He was a really good doctor and a great friend to me when I needed one."

Pidge sips her coffee and looks at him carefully. She isn't really sure of how much she should tell him but she knows that he is a trustworthy fellow. She sighs and decides to take a chance. She explains how Kit really needed to do something important. How her skills were going to fade if she didn't use them. How the only way she could really make it in a man's world was to disguise herself as a man.

Dr. Parker sat there and took it all in.

"Pidge. I knew that years ago. Kit could fool most people but I saw her putting herself together once when she was sure no one was watching. A brave woman and an excellent doctor.

I have a confession to make to you, Pidge. And I only say this because we go way back and I know that I can trust you."

Pidge leans in to hear.

"Pidge. Kit is not an ordinary woman. Her skills were above 95% of the other doctors that were around. Her compassion was incredible but she was always able to separate herself from their pain. At least, enough to do her job.

I have always admired her spunk and her skills. I was hoping that maybe you could help me find her."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:17:55  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After her hot bath, Bess put on a dressing gown and noticed Jim's flowers still there. She was weary and tired. She hoped Jim and Apple were getting everything worked out at the train. She'd noticed the look in Kit's eyes when she looked at Artie. Artie's astonishment when he discovered his old war buddy was Kit. Even though the Civil War had been over for years...sometimes the war never left a person.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit glared at Apple "This has nothing to do with my feelings for Artemus... That is long past and I am over that I will not sit here and have him look at me with hate and distrust... And how dare you bring my feelings into this... Pet did something she never should have done in a state that was not her own... Even I wouldn't have done such a thing.... You all want to cliam to be government agents and yet you act like a load of school children.. You of all people should understand that... You can not be in love with your partner and expect to get out of situations alive.... That is one thing I agree with Grant on. Yes I am upset with Pet and I will be for a very long time but not because of what you think... and Artemus Gordon can go get stuffed."

Kit sat down hard in the chair her head in her hands....

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Douglas! Do you mean that you have been carrying a torch for Kit all these years and you never told anyone??" Pidge asks in disbelief.

Dr. Parker blushes a little. "Pidge, come on. You're embarrassing me. Just like the older sister you always tried to be, huh?"

Pidge grinned. "That's what I'm here for, old friend." She leans back. "Look, Doug. I think I might be able to find her but it really is up to her. You know how she is. Independent."

"Yes, yes. That is all part of what I always admired in her. Pidge, I can't get her out of my head. Do what you can, Ok??" His eyes plead with her and she can't resist.

Pidge: "Ok, Doug. For you. My "little brother." She sighs and hugs him giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "I have to go now. I'll let you know what she says later."

And with that the two old friends depart.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple was stunned and went to Kit "I am sorry."

She looked at Apple "I am upset that the one I was closest to on this team would shut me out and threaten our partnership for something like that.. and not even invite me to the wedding that is what hurts the most. I Am sorry apple I have to get out of here, I am going to collect my things from the hotel and Head to Old Mexico, I wont ask for reassignment until I see what happens with Artemus if he can ever look at me again with trust and not hate."

She gave her friend a hug and went to saddle her horse.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:48:45  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple walks over to Kit and puts her hand on her shoulder. Softly she says,"I have known Artemus Gordon for years Kitana, and he doesn't hate you, he never said,nor did he imply. He is saddened by this, but he does not hate you. He will not let you leave this job, if he can help it. It would kill him. And I will not be put off by you. You are my friend, my colleague. I know that eveyone is getting a little nuts here, but we take care of each other."

She continues after a moment:"And not even James was invited to the wedding!"

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge goes back to the hotel and to her room, her mind swirling with thoughts. She grabbed the two towels and made her way to the bath.

As she soaked in the bubbles, she remembered Douglas Parker. The man all the women were crazy about years ago. Except for her because he was like a little brother to her. She smiled in remembrance. She often wondered why he never married. She used to have friends ask her to match them up but he was always more interested in his work.

Now she understands why. Kit. (she shakes her head in wonder). Kit. That little heart breaker. She smiles and then she frowns. Oh, boy. What is Kit going to say? And how is Pidge going to break this to her?

*sigh* Well, they never taught her that things were going to be easy. "I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it," she says out loud to herself and starts playing with the bubbles.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:08:45  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess laid down on the bed and went to sleep. That's when her dreams started....

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at Apple "They threatend everything by such a stupid act... For smart people they were and are acting awful dense... If I had the chance I wouldn't have married him... They were thinking only of themselves and that is hard to forgive... I Know alot about Artemus and he knows alot about me even though I was dressed as a man and acted like one does not mean I lied... I only lied about my gender and even he has done that.... He said planly he can not trust me... Maybe he is not the man I thought he was."

She continues to saddle her horse

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: well laides I'm off to work oh joy. I'll check back in when I get home and please be kind to one another and remember we all love each other (Oh geez I can't even type that with a straight face lol snerk) TTYL

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:28:50  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The fire was all around Bess in the dream and her mother screaming. The Conferate General helping himself to her mothers jewels, her mother begging them not to burn up the home that had been in her family for years. The man telling her mother that her husband should have thought about all that when he went fight for the Union. And they burned the houses of traitors.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit lead the horse down the ramp and looked back at Apple, "Tell Pet bye for me I am going to the hotel first to get my things."
She jumped on her horse and headed toward town.
Artie watched her leave from the window of his lab "James-my-boy looks like I really messed things up this time. There goes a good agent and a good friend."

In town Kit tied her horse up outside the hotel and went straight to her room she actually bump into Pidge in the hallway "Sorry Pidge I was not watching where I was going"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000