Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  13:02:20  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess'You sound serious.Please don't tell me you're asking me to marry you.'
Jim'No, I think we've made our decison on that, but I want you to have this.'
Jim took out of his pocket a blue sapphire ring.
Jim'This belonged to my grandmother, she always said for me to give it to someone special, and you are that.'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  13:50:57  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Captain Wade and Apple continue to ready the wagon for the big picnic. They have overseen the packing and loading of blankets, picnic hampers, ice, salt, cream, sugar, and strawberries, and the homemade ice cream makers. Captain Wade loves making homemade ice cream! There is excitement in the community. Children are running around with sparklers and flags. Firecrackers are exploding everywhere you turn. Red, white, and blue bunting hangs from every window in town, as well as from the balconys and verandas of the town businesses and hotels.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  16:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit saw Pet and Artemus "Pet, Artemus How are you both?"

Artemus looked at kit in shock and took her hand "My dear Kitana you look absolutly lovely today."

"Thank you Artemus, Do you Remember Dr. Douglas Parker"
"Yes i do, How have you been?"
"Not bad better now that I found Kit"
Kit blushed and Artemus smiled then spoke "I can see that, Hey I see Captian Wade and Apple shall we help them to unload the wagon."

"Yes, if you will excuse me Kit?"
"By all means we will be right here."
They head to the wagon to help unload Kit and Pet find the perfect spot for everyone to sit under some trees and the band is starting to play.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  17:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Jeremy see Pet and Kit laying out some blankets and went over to greet them. Jeremy sees Captain Wade, Dr. Parker and Artemus unloading things for the celebration and excuses himself to go help.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The picnic area is being set up. Blankets are laid out. Food is brought out and set. There is a gentle breeze. The sun is out with only a few puffy white clouds dotting the sky.

Talk is light, too. Lots of bantering about amongst the friends. And lots of teasing among the couples.

Dr Parker and Kit are enjoying each other's company and that of the others. He is starting to loosen up a bit and Kit occasionally catches him looking at her as she laughs at the antics of Pidge and Pet.

She leans over and whispers to him, "What are staring at? Does it bother you that I'm not Kyle, the drinking doctor?"

Dr. Parker smiles indulgently. "Not at all. I knew who you were back then, remember?" He gets just a little serious. "I admired you from afar, Kit. I never knew a woman with such gumption."

He leans over for a kiss and then the two of them get bumped into by an over exuberant Pidge.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  18:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Come on, you two. They're doing the 3-legged race for couples. Come on. We're all waiting for you!!"

Kit and Dr. Parker look at Pidge and then each other and start laughing. Dr. Parker gives his hand to Kit and helps her up. "Shall we go, my dear. We can't keep the group waiting."

Kit laughs and says, "Well, I can't promise how good I'm going to be at this."

"Me, either. Let's go."

OOC: Ok, everyone. Who's in the race?

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  18:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit lets Douglas tie her leg to his and she pulls her skirt up just enough to run and she looks at the others "Are we ready?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  18:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy and Pidge are stumbling over each other trying to tie their inside legs together. Pidge is laughing so hard, tears are coming to her eyes.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:08:13  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and Captain Wade are in! Alwasy one for adventure, Wade has talked his lovely wife into joining in the race. They are tied together at the ankles, and are arm in arm, waiting for the start.*

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:27:25  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess'Jim I can't take this.'
Jim'Its not an engagment ring or anything committment. Its just for someone special, ok Bess?'
Bess'Ok.'
Jim slid the ring on her hand.
Jim'Lets go see what our friends are up to.'

Taking Bess by the hand, they went in search of their friends.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:31:19  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim and Bess see all their friends in the 3 legged race.
Bess'Shall we?'
Jim'Come on.'

Bess and Jim join the others for the start of the race.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:53:37  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim keep stumbling over each other. Each time it happened, Bess and Jim would both fall and laugh.

Bess'Jim, I don't think we're very good at this.'
Jim'Lets try one more time.'

They try again and both fall down.

Jim'I think we better quit while we're ahead.'

He untied their legs and they went over by food and wagons to watch all of their friends.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Ok ladies I am off... The eyelids refuse to stay open.... See everyone in the morrow....

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:58:42  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wade and Apple seem to have the most luck of all the friends. They are able to balance against each other and stay up. Slow and steady, they make their way down the grassy lane that has been marked off by twine.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  20:01:38  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim notice how good Wade and Apple are doing. They start cheering them on to win.

Bess with her unmistakable screech'Come on!'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  06:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are 12 couples in the 3-legged race, including but not limited to:

1) Pidge and Jeremy
2) Wade and Apple
3)Artie and Pet
4)Dr Parker and Kit

Everyone is ready to go. When the mayor blows his whistle they're off and stumbling.

Wade and Apple take the lead followed by Pet and Artie, Parker and Kit and trailing is Pidge and Jeremy.

Wade and Apple have hit a stride while Pet and Artie are following close behind. Pidge and Jeremy have fallen in the back and are all tangled up. They're laughing and Pidge is working on the knots to loosen them up.

Almost there.

Almost there.

When all of a sudden....

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  06:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple gets a cramp in her leg and stumbles. They sprawl out on the ground with Wade's arm trying to stop the fall. His arm stretches out as he lays on the ground laughing and unwittingly catches Pet and she and Artie fall to the ground as well.

The winners are:

Dr. Parker and Kit!!!

(all by a flip of the coin, ladies. )

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  06:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was laughing hysterically as they crossed the finish line they both tripped some how Douglas managed to catch kit and ease her fall. As they untied they brought over a blue ribbion and they both accepted it graciously and then handed it off to the only children who had been in the race.

Douglas and Kit walked back over to the picnic area and sat back down still smiling.
"That was fun."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  06:57:45  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple, always good at knots, unties the twine from around their ankles and Wade helps her up, then turns to offer his hand to Pet. Artemus beats him to it, though, and they are all laughing.*

Captain:"Well what do you say we get started on that ice cream before the ice melts and we have nothing to freeze it with?"

He leads the way to the ice chests (yeah sure...and why not?) and the ice cream churns and starts preparing them. First he puts the inner freezer into the bucket, surrounds it with ice and salt, then Apple and Pet pour the cream and sugar into the freezer. They all put lids on them and set them up under the shade of several large old trees and the children assemble for the chance to turn the cranks on the churns. (Sillies, that is HARD work! Why do they think it is fun??)

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:05:23  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pidge'Thanks Bess for cheering us on.'
Jeremy'How come I never noticed that screech you can do before?'
Bess'Well it does come in handy at times.'

It was then Pidge noticed Bess's hand.
'What's that?' Pidge thought.

Bess gave Pidge a silent nod.
Pidge took Bess to the side.
Pidge'What is that?'
Bess'What is what?'
Pidge'You know what.'
Bess'Its a someone special ring..I'll explain later..don't say anything.'

Pidge and Bess headed to help with the food.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:08:57  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*The children are having fun churning the ice cream and Apple is watching them in delight. Her eyes sparkle and dance as she laughs with them. Wade is busy with helping them keep the churns going, as are Artemus and James, who has come over to help as well. Pet notices how happy Apple is watching the children.*

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas goes to see if he can help with the ice cream and Kit sits next to apple a smile on her face as well.

"Wanting children is a strong impulse is it not. I would like to have some one day."

One little girl brings over something she has found and opens her hand to show a grasshopper Kit takes it gentle and looks at it smiling at the little one she hands it back and the girl next goes to apple.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:32:10  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple takes the grasshopper and talks about the bent legs and the wings of the insect with the little girl. She gently returns it to the cutie and sends her over to fetch strawberries for the churns. She turns to Kit, "Kitty, children are a joy. I hope that you do have many one day. In fact, I'm sure that you will..." She looks over to the men and the children, and smiles at the sight of Douglas Parker catching Kits eye. "Yes, I'm sure that you will."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:50:50  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet watches this exchange, then asks, "So why don't you and the Captain have any bratlings Apple?" she asks, direct as usual. Apple is used to this though. She keeps watching the activities, but answers.

"We had a little boy, he was three. One day he was fine, and the next he was running into the walls, not keeping his balance. No one knew what was wrong but the doctor thought it was an inner ear infection." She stops, remembering. "It wasn't." Her arms are crossed tightly, and she is looking at the ground now.

"Cooper had a growth in his brain. A tumor. They didn't know until after he died and they performed an autopsy. I made them. I had to know." She looks at Pet, tears in her eyes.

"But we are stronger for it. I miss him terribly, but it has been an incredible journey in faith. Wade and I know that if we are meant to have another child that God will bring that child." She smiles assuringly at Pet. "I am fine, really. Just watching these children gives me hope!"

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit lays her hand on apples shoulder "Children give us all hope, my friend that of a life filled with joy and better tomorrows."

She smiled at Douglas and looked back at Apple "I wish I had your faith, this job does not lend itself to a family... I have come to grips with that."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  08:20:51  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Oh Kit, the job doesn't matter. Children will come no matter what we do. There are choices to be made, of course, and hopefully we make the right choices. But God knows who will be born and what choices they will have to make. He even knows when they will die, long before they are here."

She looks directly at Kit. "He knew that Cooper would be here just a short time, but he sent him anyway, so that I could love him. And so that others could witness our faith, and grow stronger in their own by watching how we dealt with his death."

She grasps Kit's hand and looks into her friends eyes. "Never give up on faith, and promise for the future. You just can't do that, and expect to be happy. You have to choose to be happy, in whatever you do."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  08:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiled "I am happy Apple, I have been for awhile now.. its just well ever so often I wish for a child and wonder what I have done to be childless when so many other people are not and act as if they don't wish to be. But I soon pass that stage and go on with my life."

She looked away and looked back at her "God has chosen this life for me for whatever his reasons that I have accepted. He has set me upon a path that winds in ways I could never imagine. Brought people into my life I now consider sisters and for that I am foreveer grateful."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  08:36:55  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess put her arm around Apple's shoulder.
Bess'I'm so sorry Apple.'
Apple looked at Bess.
Apple'I'm speaking for everybody for a min Bess, what are you and Jim going to do?'
Bess'Ok all my fellow female agents, come here a minute.'

Bess took Pet,Pidge,Apple and Kit out of earshot.
Bess'Pidge already knows about this, but I want the rest of you to see this before any speculation.'
Bess held her hand out.
Bess'Look.'
Apple'Where did that come from?'
Bess'Jim and its not an engagement or wedding ring. Its a someone special ring..It belonged to Jim's grandmother. We're just taking it one day at time, but seeing those children today.'
Kit'I know.'
Apple'Bess its beautiful.'
Bess'Thanks...now lets celebrate this 4th in style.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  09:43:43  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple admires the ring, then turns back to Kit. Quietly she says,"You have done nothing that has made you childless. It is not your fault. And besides, you aren't married yet!" She smiles broadly at her friend. "Maybe that will change?" she laughs a big laugh as Kit pushes at her shoulder.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  10:29:45  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess agreed with Apple.
Bess'Don't ever ever think that Kit, I know what you mean, I use to think like to. But that kind of thinking can waste time and energy.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000