Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  10:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge adds, "And you never know where Mr. Right is going to come from when you least expect it. Like in the hotel lobby?" She nudges Kit and looks towards Dr. Parker.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiles... "I never said I have given up just not expecting anything keeps my sanitiy"

She watched the children and looked at dr Parker...

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:23:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Well that ice cream is probably about ready for those strawberries now,who wants to help?" exclaims Apple. The group joins the men and children and starts heaping the berries into the freezer churns. The ice cream is getting thick and it won't be long before their treat is done. Apple gets a kiss from her husband, and she smiles warmly at this surprise visit from him. She is glad to be celebrating the country's centennial with her friends and family.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ice cream is delicious. Absolutely delicious. (and since it's cyberspace ice cream: non-fattening. ) The children crowd around Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton, yelling and laughing and making a mess on their cute little faces. Apple is in her glory with all of these kids. She had had the foresight to put on an apron before they gave out the ice cream and the kids were all hugging her, squeezing the daylights out of this poor woman and giving her lots of wet, sticky smooches. Wade looked at all of them with a kind of patient good humor. (OOC: Does this make him the Good Humour Man? )

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:49:51  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Snerk...yes i guess it does make him the good humor man.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The mayor's wife, Mrs. Wilkinson, is a happy, chubby little woman. She is constantly laughing and directing this celebration.

Now that everyone's tummy is full of delicious, cold ice cream, Mrs. Wilkinson is having her 2 young boys hand out flyers. Jeremy and Pidge have been sitting under one of the trees together. Jeremy is relaxed and has his arm leaning on the ground behind Pidge. She is enjoying this time with him, leaning in and whispering about all of the fun out there with the kids.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge accepts a flyer and Jeremy reads it over her shoulder. It is a list of items for the scavenger hunt.

1) bunch of wildflowers
2) wild mushroom
3)wild blueberries
4)a heart shaped rock
5) penny candy
6) a monogrammed handkerchief
7) a straw hat
8) moss
9) a kiss from your favorite person
10)something old
11) something new
12) something borrowed
13) something blue

Jeremy looks at Pidge and says, "Boy, you can tell that a woman wrote that one." Pidge just smiles, leans back and gives him a .

"There. That takes care of #9."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie thanks the young boy who hands him a copy. He starts reading it to Pet and she snerks. "What? No blowie uppies on the list? Who wrote that?"

Artie ignores her and finishes going down the list. When he sees #9 he stops and grabs her, does a dip with her and in his best Shakespearean voice, claims her as his bride. The love of his life. The little Petunia of his flower garden. Pet is laughing. Artemus then dramatically plants a big kiss right on her lips that leaves everyone applauding.

He lets her back up with a flourish and bows to his adoring audience. Pet is breathless.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit and Douglas are laughing at Artie's antics. Kit is holding the flyer and checking off things that she knows they can find right away. When she gets to #9, she skips over that hurriedly and goes to the next one. Doug sees her embarrassment and smiles to himself. He is hoping that sometime this evening he can check off #9 with Kit.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim is laughing at Artie. "That guy is such a ham," he tells Bess. He takes Bess' hand and leads her to a quiet secluded place behind the schoolhouse.

Then getting a serious look on his face he says, "Now there is a much better way to accomplish #9 then that."

He takes her hand in his and kisses her fingers sweetly, one at a time. When he is done with one hand, he gently lifts her other hand and starts again. He pauses over the ring and turns her hand over and kisses the palms of her hands.

Then looking into her eyes, he pulls her close to him wrapping their arms around each other and kisses her long and sweetly.

When they let go, he looks in her eyes and then, without saying a word, takes her hand and starts walking with her toward the general store for some penny candy.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  14:04:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: Okay too much MCJ! That is just too much...OH NO! IS PET RUBBING OFF ON ME????

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  14:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

OOC: Okay too much MCJ! That is just too much...OH NO! IS PET RUBBING OFF ON ME????

OOC: Sorry. Just figured that would be something Jim would do.

I thought you and Pet were twins.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  14:33:33  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: No, not really twins. In actuality we are one and the same, two halves to the same brain...I think though, that her half has infiltrated mine. She is writing MCJ fics, and here I am getting embarrassed by MCJ on the thread! Shees! We flipped personalities!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  14:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. Some people are never satisfied. LOL

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  15:01:50  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Captain and Apple receive a list, but they forego the hunt. Instead they take a walk together, discussing their future in Washington, and how much time they think that they will be able to spend together.

"The house is secured, in Silver Springs, MD. Funny how it's the same name as this town, eh?" His eyes twinkle all the time, and now is no exception. He has his arm around Apple as they walk around the field just outside of town, where the people have gathered for the festivities of the day.

"I love that area around DC. I can't wait to get there and see the house. I'm sure that your mother has been through it with her mop andbucket though already..." she sighs at this thought, then forgets about it. Nothing she can do about it now.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  15:04:56  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Wade and Apple are still talking*

"No mother has not seen it yet. It is your home, not hers. She will see it after we have moved in. She is still in South Carolina anyway. Your parents are sad that we are moving to DC though." He looks at her expectantly.

"I know, but really, I have been working in the library in DC for how many months...I haven't lived at our home in South Carolina in over a year, what with school. No, they will come to terms with our moving permanently. No worries. Just your mother!" Apple laughs. Wade laughs also, then adds, "She will not be a problem, I assure you. Has she yet been?" Apple shakes her head then looks at the list in her hand.

"Oh here is one we can find right now!" She shows Wade number 9 and he laughs and kisses her then and there, in front of God and everybody.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  17:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Sorry I have been hiding today, haven't felt well.. Pidge I love what your doing but have him kiss her already ... I will talk with everyone tomorrow... My posting then maybe slow as my boss gave me two new projects today and he wants the one done yesterday
)

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  18:13:47  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim headed for the main street, then remembered.
Bess'We can't buy and penny candy today, all the stores are closed, its a holiday.'
Jim'Makes me think of those packages that your mother used to send to the school.'
Bess'You remember those?'
Jim'How could I forget? And remember how they would be filled with penny candy from your grandma Bess. Which reminds me Bess, how is your mother?'
Bess'Still fine as always, living with grandma Bess in her house. But I know mom still misses her house in Tennessee.'
Jim'Do you think your mom will ever go back there?'
Bess'You know, when that happened to the house and everything, it just took everything out of her. She seems happy enough now living with Grandma Bess in Kentucky. I wish so much you'd been able to see our homestead in Tennessee. The birthdays, Christmases, and bar-b-ques in the summer were just incredible.'
Bess' eyes drifted off as she remembered.
Bess'I remember when I was little, my dad used to taking me riding on the homestead, he'd say, Bess all of this will belong to you and your sister, but never let it out of the family.'
Jim'Did your father ever realize what had happenend to the house?'
Bess'No, not really, by the time he came home after the war, he was so sick, Mom never told him. She just told him we had to be closer to DC because of his health.'
Bess'Enough about my family, how is yours?'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  18:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

Told ya it'd happen one day!

Thanks for writing for me Pidge a LOT different than I would have but that's what makes it good!

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  18:51:36  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim'Everybody is just fine, my mother worried about my job, telling me I need to find something else and settle down.'
Bess'And your dad?'
Jim'Still telling me all the time he wished he had my job.'
Bess'Have you written to your mother yet about running into me again?'
Jim'I had to after that first night, she was the only one I felt like I could talk to so I wrote a long letter.'
Bess'What did she say?'
Jim'She said'Fate has brought you back to her again.'

Bess happened to glance toward the ground.
Bess'Look what I found, and heart shaped rock, lets see what else we can dig up!.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  19:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie bent down and pulled some wildflowers from beside the path they were walking on and handed them to Pet with a smile. They walked hand in hand down the path and Pet spotted moss growing on a tree. Artie insisted on getting it and as he was on his way back he tripped over something. Bending down to look, he noticed a heart shaped rock. He scooped it up and handed the items to his wife as he kissed her.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  05:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artiespet

[quote

To

Thanks for writing for me Pidge a LOT different than I would have but that's what makes it good!
[/quote]

OOC: You're welcome, Pet. I'm having a lot of fun writing.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  06:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit and Douglas decide to take a walk in the woods. Kit is studying the list and telling him where they can find moss and wildflowers. Doug spots some moss growing on a tree and they scrape some of it off. Putting in their bag they look around at the rocks.

"Keep your eyes open, Kit. Heart-shaped rocks? Hmm. Well. If you use your imagination this might look like one."

Kit takes it from him and turns it over. "Yeah. That could work. Ok." She places it in the bag. She starts to walk further into the woods and he follows.

After about 10 minutes, they come to a clearing. A little field with blue and purple wildflowers. Doug crouches down and picks some. Kit holds open her bag and he slips them in. Together they sit down in the grass and enjoy the beauty.

"Do you remember a field similar to this, oh, in Pennsylvania about 2 years ago? Right around Easter?" Doug asks her.

Kit stops and thinks. "Yes, I do. That was when we were on furlough and we were travelling home." She pauses. "You told me about your sister and your parents. You told me about what it was like growing up. Now that I think about it, that was a time of confidences. Why did you tell me all those things if you knew my secret? Why didn't you reveal that?"

Doug takes her hand. "I couldn't. I was hoping you would tell me on your own. I was hoping that you would someday trust me enough to let me in."

She looks into his eyes and there is warmth. They are steady and seem to look right into her heart. He moves closer and kisses her.

After a moment she moves back and opens her eyes. He is smiling at her waiting. She takes a deep breath and smiles back. Doug helps her to her feet and together they walk with his arm around her and her head on his shoulder.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  07:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Looked at him a slight saddness in her eyes "I have hurt alot of people with my lie, and I am sorry about that I only did what I thought needed to be done."

He smiled at her "I understand Kitana, it was your life you were dealing with."

"Yes but more than that I seemed to be doing some good at least that is what I thought until the trial."

"trial?" He looked at her concern in his deep eyes "What Trial?"

"I was discovered before the war was over due to a cannon ball hiting the surgical tent.. They put me on trial for impersinating a souldier and a Doctor"

"Wait you weren't impersanating a Doctor you had the samea training as I did"

She smiled warmly at him "I was found guilty but was let off due to the testemony of General Grant and a few of the officers I saved. But I was never to practice medicine again."

"Thats not fair you were a great doctor one of the..." He never got Finsihed as she silenced him with a kiss.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  07:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy helps Pidge up and they start gathering items from the list. Jeremy has a straw hat from his many disguises. Pidge has a monogramed handkerchief. She borrows some penny candy from Bess' stash )(borrowed and penny candy), includes a pin that once belonged to her grandmother (old) and remembers her blue scarf that she bought recently (something blue and new).

Now they go outside and to the woods for the rest.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  07:42:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once in the woods, Jeremy spots some moss and taking his knife, scrapes some off and deposits it in the bag. Pidge searches until she finds some wild mushrooms and in the bag they go. Laughing and talking, they manage to find everything except for the heart-shaped rock. Holding hands they make their way through the woods until they can see the field of wild flowers.

Jeremy stops Pidge and motions her to be quiet. She looks at him quizzically and there is Kit and Doug sitting on the grass kissing.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  07:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Awww." Pidge says quietly. "That is so sweet."

Jeremy motions her to follow him and they leave the two in peace.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  07:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Jeremy continue their walk until they find a little peaceful stream.

"Why don't we examine some of the rocks here, Pidge. Maybe we'll find something that looks like a heart." Jeremy sits on the bank and starts picking up rocks. He shakes his head. "Leave it to Mrs. Wilkinson to think of that. An old romantic busybody, that woman is."

"I think it's sweet."

"Well, that's because you're a woman," Jeremy replies.

"Yes and is that a problem?" She teases.

"No no no. I wouldn't have it any other way." He leans over and pulls her to him. "You know. We could just skip the rock finding and go to the romantic part."

"Oh yeah?" she flirts back. "And what happens if we don't get back on time?"

"ummmm. I guess they'll have to send out a search party." He kisses her lips. "I wouldn't mind. Would you?"

She kisses him back and smiles. "Well. It doestake time to find all the items on the list (He kisses her cheek) and finding a heart-shaped rock isn't easy,(another ). Oh Jeremy, you're going to be the death of me yet." She throws her arms around him and they .

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  08:42:43  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim filling their picnic basket with all the things they had gathered from the scavenger hunt. Bess was looking at the list again.

Bess'Lets see what now?'
Jim pulled a mongrammed hankercheif out of his pocket.
Jim'Here's a hankercheif.'
Bess'Are you sure this is yours? It has the initals A. G. on it.'
Jim'I stole it from Artie...he has so many he hasn't caught on yet.'
Bess swats Jim on his shoulder.
Bess'You're terrible, what about the something blue? I wish I'd kept that garter from my marriage to Jack.'
Jim laughed at her and continued to check the list to see what else they needed.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  09:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiled as Douglas helped her up and they walked arm in arm back to where the scavanger hunt had begun they had everything they needed and when they returned they saw they were some of the last to return. Kit was blisuhing a bit "It sure has been warm out her today"

Doulas smiled "Yes it has been, Looks like everyone is converging around the grandstands for the tally."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000