Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  20:24:49  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim just kept quiet and held hands. They would make their annoucement later.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  07:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: sorry I am back now)

Kit and Douglas walk out onto the veranda hand in hand her eyes are sparkeling and he is smiling. They look at there friends and Kit goes to Pidge "How is that ankle doing?"

Douglas was right behind her he was talking to Artemus and explaining a few things quietly.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  11:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge: "Hi Kit. Ahh. The ankle hurts right now but it's better than it was earlier today." (she smiles). "Everyone has been wonderful looking after me.

When do the fireworks start?"

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  12:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit "good I am glad" she turned around it had been a tiring day and she would be glad when the fireworks were over. Douglas was a sweetheart and she was looking forward to getting to know hem better but what she really wanted was to get back to work... oh wait she thought I still have 3 more weeks of suspension...

A young man came up on the porch and handed kit a telegram she read it and tipped the young man. she placed the telegram in her purse.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy gives Pidge a quick kiss and tells her that he'll be back shortly. He leaves to check to see what's holding up the fireworks. It's already getting dark and there have been no announcements yet.

Walking around, he finally sees the mayor. The mayor is visibly upset and is yelling at two men who are singing offkey and sharing a bottle of hooch. The mayor's face is turning bright red and he finally storms off.

Curious, Jeremy follows Mayor Wilkinson and catches up with him at the sheriff's office. There he finds out that those two men were the ones in charge of the fireworks and unless Jeremy knows someone who can run the show, the night festivities are going to be cancelled.

Jeremy nodded his head and told Mr. Wilkinson that he just might be able to find two highly trained explosives experts.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whistling all the back to the hotel, Jeremy starts looking for Kit and Pet. Finding Kit first, he asks her if she and Pet would mind doing a little community service with the town explosives.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet heard Jeremy explaining to Kit about the fireworks and seeing their chance for some blowie upie fun, she grabbed Artie's hand.

"Let's go help Kit!" Pet said excietedly, everyone on the porch just shook their heads and laughed.

Pet, Kit and Artie all found the mayor and told him they would gladly offer their services. When they showed him their ID's he was more than happy to show them to the fireworks staging area.

Kit and Artie busied themselves attaching fuses to the many rockets that would fly through the air and explode in a burst of magnificent colors and attaching the fuese to the plungers that would fire them. Artie noticed that he hadn't seen Pet in a while and looked around to find her, standing back to him, attaching something to some small bottle rockets.

Artie: "Pet...what are you doing?" He asked hesitantly.

"Nothing, dear, just getting these bottle rockets ready for launching," Pet cleared her throat nervously.

OOC the fireworks description will follow as soon as I can type it!

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:43:19  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple stood with Bess behind Pidge, while Wade and Jeremy spoke with Jim. The men were laughing at the excitement in Pet and Kit's voices when they followed the mayor to the staging area. Apple was telling the ladies what she knew about her job at the archives and her new home in Silver Spring. The group was happy and having fun celebrating the 100th Birthday of the nation that they served.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit, Artie and Pet stepped back and admired their handiwork. Artie looked over at his wife and saw the gleem in her eye and wondered just what she had been up to.

Dr. Parker moved to stand beside Kit and Artie and Pet took up their positions at their plungers. One at a time they pushed the plunger down releasing the rockets high into the air.

They exploded in a kaleidoscope of color. First red then white then blue and then several shades of pink, green and red.
The children were all in awe of the cascading colors and bright lights dropping from the sky.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

One after the other rockets lifted off toward the heavens to exploder their bright colors for all to see.

Finally Pet released her 'special' bottle rockets and Artie listened as Pet whispered to herself.

"What was that about?" Artie asked his wife as he pulled her to him.

"You'll see," Pet smiled knowing she had done something nice for her friends.

Soon all but a few of the bottle rockets had launched.

"Artie, sweetie, can you light that one on the end for me?" Pet asked as she handed a burner to him.

"Sure...uh...Pet is this what I think it is?" Artie asked as he lit the fuse and backed away.

"Just a surprise for a couple of friends." Pet said as Artie wrapped his arms around her. Dr. Parker slipped his arms around Kit in anticipation.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

The last three rockets headed off toward the heavens. When they reached high into the night sky they exploded with the force of a volcano. One red, one white, one blue.

"That is beautiful, sweeheart," Artie told his wife proud of the flag effect she had created.

"The best is yet to come," Pet whispered.

The flag disolved into two very large hearts that dissolved into the words....

JIM LOVES BESS

JEREMY LOVES PIDGE

Artie hugged his wife tight and whispered something in her ear that made her laugh.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:59:39  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple laughs and claps her hands as the fireworks start.. She and Wade go out onto the lawn of the hotel to watch the spectacular show that the others have staged.

OOOH! AAAH! OOOH LOOK!

She is like a little girl, glowing with happiness.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy and Pidge watch the fireworks and are absolutely amazed.

"How does she do that?" Pidge asks.

Instead of answering, Jeremy gets down on one knee, takes Pidge into his arms and kisses her. She wraps her arms around him and behind his back shoos anyone nearby away.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can hear some of the people asking, "Who is Jeremy and Pidge, Bess and Jim?"

A few savvy people see the couples kissing and nod in their direction.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie looked at his wife a broad grin on his face.

"Sweetheart, that was amazing! How did you do that?" Artie asked.

"You aren't the only one who can tinker in the lab." Pet winked at him and they went to join the others on the hotel lawn.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas wraped his arms around Kit and she leaned back into him this was nice. "great Job Pet"

She looked up at Douglas "can we talk" He walked with her away from the others "are you sure about this I will have to go on assignment soon"

"Yes Kit, I will have to go back soon anyway to my practice it San Fransisco. It will be hard but I think we can do this."
He kissed her and she smiled for a moment she considered a transfer but knew this was not the right time. and with a new understanding they walked back to the others.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:32:16  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim were in awe of the fireworks. Jim and Bess kept looking at each other. Bess looked at Jim's left hand and she caught him glancing at hers. They both looked at each other wondering 'What do we do now?'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:38:33  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim put his arm around Bess and she nodded in silent agreement. How were they going to tell them? Jim took Bess inside for just a moment.
Jim'Bess, I see that worried look, now we can do this.'
Bess'Jim, did we do the right thing?'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:45:29  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim'Yes, we did do the right thing, lets go tell them.'

Bess and Jim walked back outside. Both hugging Pet and Kit for the fireworks display.
Jim'That was the 2nd best thing to happen to me today.'
Artie'2nd best? Look what my wife did for you. How can that be 2nd best?'

Bess raised her left hand up to stop the argument.
Bess'Look everybody, look what we did a few hours ago.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:54:22  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess spoke first.
Bess'Jim asked me to marry him again, and after seeing all the family stuff today, well..'
Jim'Thanks to that blowie upie crew that you trained Artie. It made a great wedding annoucement.'
Bess'We got married a few hours ago.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  19:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Oh, you two that is terrific news!" Pet pulled her husband close.

"Now I really do have to find the loopholes in Grant's rules." Pet jumped when Artie tightend his grip on her.

"We'll discuss that later, dear." He whispered in her ear and Pet snickered.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:02:53  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess'Do you think we can pull this off? What is President Grant going to say? He's going to think all of his agents have flipped.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:10:46  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim'Come on Mrs. West lets go to our room. I got us a new room here. Thanks for that beautiful fireworks display. One thing about us getting married on this day, we'll never forget our anniversary.'
Bess'Thanks again everybody, we'll see you tomorrow.'

Jim whispered something in Bess's ear and Bess and Jim headed upstairs.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I say give me a few days and I'm sure I can find the loopholes in anything Grant and throw our way. Artie and I have a meeting with him soon maybe we can come up with something. Don't you worry, Bess." Pet told her friend with a smile.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:27:08  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple and Wade grin at the other couples, like cats who have swallowed the family bird. Pet notices their expressions.

"Well, out with it you two! What do you know? Pet laughs as her husband keeps her close and chimes in "Yes, do tell!"

The group look at Apple and her charming husband as they look into each other's eyes. He nods to her to do the telling, since she is the wordsmith between them. She nods her agreement and turns to the group.

"I requested a transfer back to Washington a few weeks ago. I need to go back to office work, be in the archives because...well...Wade and I have found that we are already expecting another child. In December." She blushes as the other agents mouths drop open. Artemus breaks the silence almost immediately with a loud laugh. He lets go of his wife and grabs Apple in a hug, then lets her go and shakes Wade's hand.

"Congratulations you two, oh that is wonderful," he beams at them, then turns to Pet. "Just wonderful!" He smiles broadly at the girl of his dreams.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy says to Pidge, "It's all true, you know."

Pidge: "I love you, too, Jeremy."

Jeremy takes a deep breath and pulls a small box out of his pocket. The others are all around Bess and Jim with the excitement of their announcement and aren't paying any attention to Pidge and Jeremy.

Jeremy looks back at the group and silently gives thanks for their privacy. He is still on one knee and looks Pidge in the eye. She looks at him quizzically.

Pidge: "What is it, Jeremy?"

Jeremy: "Pidge, I've been planning what I was going to say for days but nothing is coming out the way I expected it to."

(He takes another breath.)

"Pidge, I got this for you." He opens the box and inside it is a beautiful but simple engagement ring. "Would you marry me?"

(long wait)

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

Apple and Wade grin at the other couples, like cats who have swallowed the family bird. Pet notices their expressions.

"Well, out with it you two! What do you know? Pet laughs as her husband keeps her close and chimes in "Yes, do tell!"

The group look at Apple and her charming husband as they look into each other's eyes. He nods to her to do the telling, since she is the wordsmith between them. She nods her agreement and turns to the group.

"I requested a transfer back to Washington a few weeks ago. I need to go back to office work, be in the archives because...well...Wade and I have found that we are already expecting another child. In December." She blushes as the other agents mouths drop open. Artemus breaks the silence almost immediately with a loud laugh. He lets go of his wife and grabs Apple in a hug, then lets her go and shakes Wade's hand.

"Congratulations you two, oh that is wonderful," he beams at them, then turns to Pet. "Just wonderful!" He smiles broadly at the girl of his dreams.

"Don't even think about it, Artemus Gordon. One of you is all I can handle right now," Pet playfull swats her husband as he pulls her into a tight embrace.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Answer the man Pidge!

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:41:51  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: If we gang up on Grant there is nothing he can do but cut that red tape!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge picks up the ring and looks at it. It is beautiful. She puts it on her finger and gives this handsome man with his heart on his sleeve her answer.

"Oh Jeremy. Yes... Yes." She chokes back the tears. Happy tears. Jeremy just stares at her for a minute. He wasn't sure at first what her answer would be. He had gotten a sick feeling at first that her answer was going to be no but here she is crying and smiling all at the same time.

He stands up and whoops. He starts to pick her up to swing her around and remembers her ankle. He lifts her up gently and swings her carefully but happily.

The others stop what they're doing and look at the sight of this happy couple.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:51:10  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple is crying now...What an Independence Day! So much happiness and joy all in one place. Wade puts his arm around her and kisses her forehead, whispering to her all the while. She is smiling, crying, and laughing all at once. And then she realizes...

"We forgot James' birthday!!! It was the day before yesterday!"

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie: "Well, Jeremy you sly dog you!" Artie thumped him on the back then turned to Pidge and drew her into a hug.

"Let me be the first to congratulate you!" Arite set her down and beamed at his friends then looked to his wife.

Pet knew this would be LONG night with him in such a good mood.

"Oh my, this is a day to celebrate!" Artie said, "Come, let's get some champaigne and toast all the good things!" Artie grabbed the bottle and began to pour.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000