Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A feeling of serenity comes over Pidge. She feels the Lord's presence and is happy. She knows love and is content.

Apple's voice is absolutely beautiful. Pidge never realized what a talent Apple had.

Jeremy whispers to Pidge, "You have made me a happy man. I love you."

Pidge whispers back, "I love you, too."

They kiss.

The priest invites everyone to stand.
Bess hands Pidge her bouquet of white roses and the beginning of the Wedding March begins. Pidge and Jeremy turn and start the recessional to the back of the church to everyone's applause.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:12:16  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim held his arm out and Bess took it. They followed the happy couple down aisle. Bess smiled at her friends and they all smiled back teary eyed. As they got out of the chapel, Bess whispered to Jim.
Bess'I'm so glad I married you.'
Jim'Me too, I love you.'
Bess'I love you too, you know it was fate that brought us together again, your mother was so right.'
Jim'I can't wait for you to tell her that in a few days when we see her.'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:13:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The recessional starts and Pidge and Jeremy leave down the center aisle of the church, with James and Bess following. President and Julia Grant are next, then Artemus and Pet, Kitana and Douglas, the Hamiltons, and the Richmonds. They all head outside where a group of children has gathered, peering into the church for a look at the wedding party.

The children have brought rice and throw it at all of the people exiting the church. The couples laugh happily.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:22:42  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The front of the church is lined with horse drawn carrigages. The wedding party and all of their friends climb in them to head for the hotel.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outside of the church are several horse drawn carriages awaiting to take the guests to the Flowing Springs Hotel. Jeremy lifts his bride into the first carriage and then jumps up into it himself.

Bess and Jim join them and the procession begins to the reception.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guests are laughing, couples are kissing and children are all talking a mile a minute as the carriages pull up to the hotel and deliver their guests.

ooc:

Let the party begin.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
President Grant left his wife in Colonel Richmond’s care and made his way across the room to where Pet and Artie were standing and quietly talking. He cleared his throat to let them know he was there. Artie straightened up immediately, blushing slightly glaring when Pet snickered.

“Mr. President, sir…I…uh…we…that is…” Artie stammered and Grant smiled.

“Stand down, Gordon, it’s a wedding I’m here as guest. For a change. You could have at least invited me to your son,” Grant looked at Artie with a twinkle in his eye.

“Uh, yes, sorry about that sir, it just sorta happened.”

“I see there’s been a rash of just sorta happeneds around here lately.” Grant smiled.

“Yes, sir. And well, the four of us…er…well six now were going to come talk to you about that.” Artie pulled up to his full height and squared his shoulders.

“Let’s have a seat, son,” Grant motioned them to nearby chairs.

“Sir, if I may be so bold,” Pet questioned as Artie tried to hold her back. Grant waved him away.

“I have never seen my position as President hold you back, Pet so please by all means…” Pet coughed and blushed.

“Well, sir, as Ar..my husband said we were planning on coming to Washington to speak to you but since you are here we might as well get the ball rolling.”

“Sir, I think the laws of this country are antiquated and need to be updated. The rules against fellow agents being married and still remaining in the field are ridiculous.” Artie’s eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped.

“Pet that is NO way to talk to the President,” He put a restraining hand on his wife’s arm. Pet looked at him her ire beginning to rise.

“It’s about time someone did, sweetheart.” Grant chuckled.

“Sir, you must agree that we agents have become a most formidable team. In a short time we have managed to topple some of this country’s most notorious fiends. And in the course of doing our jobs, most exemplary too I might add, some of us found our soul mates,” Pet paused and looked at her husband.

“Pet, please…”Artie begged his wife.

TBC

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Sorry, Artie, but this is something that has to be said and the sooner the better.” Pet smiled warmly.
“Let her continue, Artemus, she’s doing a fine job,” Grant grinned.

“To put it bluntly, sir, to split this team up and force the resignation of some of the best field agents this country has had in a while is sheer lunacy! Think of all the good we can do for this country AS a team.” Julia had seen the confrontation and moved to join her husband.

“Sir, would you break up a great team just because of one silly little rule? Just because your receptionist marries would that make her any less useful to you? Look at the logistics…” Julia was whispering to her husband as Colonel Richmond and Rachel entered the group.

“With these marriages you have gained a vast amount of experience. We have all grown immensely over the past few weeks. As people, as couples and as agents. This will only enhance our job performance as it will make us want to strive harder to be the best agents we can be and set an example for future agents.”

“Hear, hear, Uly, you really should listen to this young woman,” Julia told her husband.

All eyes turned toward the President and waited for his answer. Artie pulled Pet into a deep embrace and kissed her cheek.

“I’m proud of you my Pet. That took a lot of guts,” Artie whispered into her ear as he pulled her into a strong, deep embrace.

“Well, I was going to let all my wayward agents stew about this but since you did bring it up, and rather eloquently I might add, I might as well give you my answer here and now…” Grant paused mostly
to make Pet and Artie sweat.

tbc

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Darling, that is NOT very nice. Do not keep these young people waiting,” Julia admonished her husband who chuckled.

“You’re right, dear,” he said as he turned back to face Artie and Pet.

“On my trip here after Pet’s, rather interesting telegram, I discussed this rash of marriages with Colonel Richmond and we came to the conclusion that rules ARE apparently made to be broken…or in Pet’s case carefully examined, gone over with a fine toothed comb, bent to excessive degrees, THEN the loopholes found.” Pet felt Artie stiffen behind her.

“I have come to the same conclusion Pet has even if arrived at by truly different means. I think the lot of you are fine agents and will serve this country well. And Pet you are right…you have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can work as a cohesive unit and well oiled machine.”

“I am allowing these marriages to stay intact as long as you continue to deliver the sterling service to your country you have all shown so far.”
“Pet this is wonderful news!” Artie kissed his wife then blushed and cleared his throat.

“Yes, sweetheart it is wait until we tell the others! This day just gets better and better.” Pet replied.

“We can all go on leave together and find homes then we can go our separate ways for the honeymoons.” Pet snickered and Grant broke out in laughter

Yes he was indeed cursed with a strange lot…but he couldn’t have asked for a better one.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:37:26  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess stepped up to President Grant.
Bess'Sir about my resignation...'
President Grant'Resignation, what resignation?'
Bess looked at Jim.
Jim'Sir please excuse my wife here, I think all the excitement has gotten to her.'

Jim took Bess to the side.
Bess'You stopped it didn't you?'
Jim'Yes, I knew if Artie and Pet could do it, I knew we could. So after our honeymoon and visit with our parents, we're going to live in DC. I have my eye on house and they are waiting for us.'
Bess'Oh Jim, Jimmy!'
She held her husband tightly.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Nicely done, Pet.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

OOC:

Nicely done, Pet.

Thank you...tirades are my second best specialty right after blowie upie

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The String Quartet has begun playing Bach and Jeremy and Pidge have now entered the garden. They greet people as they walk through and approach the group surrounding the President.

Jeremy has not let go of Pidge's hand since they left the church. He walks up to President Grant and says, "Sir. When you get a moment I'd like to discuss our future arrangements with you concerning the Secret Service.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  20:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim pulls Jeremy off to the side and says, "What are you doing? This is your wedding day. Don't worry. We have it all covered. Now go take your bride over. It's time for the cake."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  20:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit walked in with douglas and excused herself to talk with the President.

"Sir, I need to speak with you."

He looked at her "Yes Ms. Montgomery, I am sorry but your request for transfer has been denied you are to valuable to this team and I expect you to keep them healthy"

"But sir.."

"No buts, its is what I have decided upon now go have fun and I don't want to hear from you for another three weeks"

"Yes sir," She walked back to Douglas and accepted a glass of punch.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  20:58:03  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wade overhears Grant tell Kitana that she will stay with the team. He tells Apple and she is overjoyed at the prospect. She hopes that someday she will rejoin the team herself, even if just undercover once in a while to gather information.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  21:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

Kit walked in with douglas and excused herself to talk with the President.

"Sir, I need to speak with you."

He looked at her "Yes Ms. Montgomery, I am sorry but your request for transfer has been denied you are to valuable to this team and I expect you to keep them healthy"

"But sir.."

"No buts, its is what I have decided upon now go have fun and I don't want to hear from you for another three weeks"

"Yes sir," She walked back to Douglas and accepted a glass of punch.

Stop while you are ahead blowie upie partner LOL.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  21:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Aww you mean I can get a couple more weeks off LOL)

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  22:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

(OOC: Aww you mean I can get a couple more weeks off LOL)

hehehehe NOT! Okay well not unless you take me wtih! LOL

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  07:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: I am sure we can get into some sort of trouble....)

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  08:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

(OOC: I am sure we can get into some sort of trouble....)

without a doubt since Pet never really needs help to find trouble...just imagine what she can do WITH help snerk.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  10:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas wrapped his arm around Kit's waist and steered her to the dance area. (But not before taking her drink and setting down)

A little Strauss was being played by the strings and Douglas pulled Kit close to him as they began to dance. Not so close as to be scandalous but close enough where he could smell the fragrance in her hair.

"You know, you look absolutely beautiful today, Kit."

Kit said nothing but smiled.

Douglas twirled her gently and then brought her back. "Hard to believe that anyone could confuse you as a man no matter how good you are at disguises."

Kit still said nothing but smiled.

They danced past Pet and Artie and Kit laughed. Artie was trying to nuzzle Pet and she just kept pushing him away and laughing.

Douglas looked in their direction and smiled. "Those two. A couple of characters. Artie has the right idea though." He cocked his head and looked into Kit's eyes.

She blushes a little.

He smiles and looks back up. "Kit. You and I have a history. A strange one,albeit still a good one. Wouldn't you like to see what a little fun looks like without all the trouble?"

Kit looks up at him puzzled.

"And what does that mean, Douglas?"

"That means a break from Grant. A break from Loveless and any other villain that comes by. That means a bit of fun with someone who cares about you. Heck, Kit. I'm in love with you. Isn't that obvious by now?

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  11:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit thinks this over. "And what do you have in mind?"

Dr. Parker: "I thought you'd never ask." And they dance right out of the garden.

Holding hands, they find a nice secluded place away from the crowd. It's in the back part of the hotel gardens that sees only the occasional visitor. They find a nice bench between two beautiful trees and sit down.

Kit takes out her fan and starts fanning herself.

"Ok, Douglas what were you getting at back there?"

Dr. Parker takes her hand in his, takes a deep breath and says, "Kit. You still have a couple of weeks left. Why don't we spend this time together? Get to know each other better. I've travelled a long way for you, Kit and I've waited even longer."

Kit starts to turn her head away. Her feelings for him are getting stronger. She doesn't quite trust herself whenever he's around. She's heard men talk before. They built her hopes up just to let them fall. She swore that she would never give her heart away again. But he is persistent.

He gently takes her chin in his hand and turns her eyes back to him.

"Kit. I'm saying that I love you."

His eyes are earnest. He really means it. She remembers what Pidge had once told her about him. That he was an honorable man. She knew that to be true. She had seen him in action during the war and knew that he never faltered when telling the truth. He never did what so many of the other men had.

Her eyes softened. Encouraged, he leans forward and kisses her. She responds and he takes her in his strong arms and pulls her into a warm embrace.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  12:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit pushes back a nd looks at Douglas "I am willing to see where this goes. and you are right I have a few weeks left on my suspension."

Her heart was softening to this man ad she wasn't quite sure how she felt about that.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  12:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas smiles warmly at her. He loves this woman so much. If she only knew the torch that he has carried for her since the war.

He gets down on one knee and takes her hand in his. "Kit, if you give me a chance, I will prove myself to you, I promise." He kisses her hand tenderly.

He stands up and pulls her to her feet. "Come on, my darling. Let's go back to the party before we're missed. Tonight will be ours alone." He presses his lips to her hand again and they walk back to join the others.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  12:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiles at him her heart melted no way to keep him out now she just smiled she was truly amazed but there was something he was keeping from her but it wasn't a bad secret that she could tell.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  12:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The leader of the String Quartet taps his stand to get everyone's attention.

The leader speaks in a dignified voice:

"Presenting...Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy Pike"

The first official dance of the evening belongs to Pidge and Jeremy.
Pidge feels like she's floating on a cloud, she's so happy. She floats in his arms as they dance across the floor.

The other guests lounge in their chairs and talk as they watch the newly married couple.

Artie leans in to Pet and whispers something in her ear. He pushes the glass of water over to her and she laughs.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  14:39:01  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim were happily watching the newlyweds.

Jim'You know, Bessie you and I have come a long way.'
Bess'That we have.'
Jim'I have another suprise for you.'
Bess'What?'
Jim'How about Florida for our honeymoon, then on to see our folks.'
Bess'You still remembered how I use to say I love it.'
Jim'Of course, I love Bessie.'

Bess looked at her husband and smiled. Jim reached for his glass.
Bess'Oh honey allow me.'

Bess filled his glass with cool water.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  14:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was almost abou to burst she was so happy it had been years since anyone made her feel this way and she hoped the feeling would never end....

Douglas was indeed very special to her and she wanted this night to last a lifetime.

(OOC Thanks for help Pidge I really appreciate it feel free to chime in... I need all the help I can get )

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dance ends and another begins. Artie pulls a protesting Pet to her feet and sweeps her onto the dance floor.

Wade and Apple, too, soon join in followed by Jim and Bess.

Douglas looks to Kit and she laughs. She knows what he's about to ask even before he asks it.

"Ok but don't blame me if I step on your feet," she says.

"Kit, when I look at you, who cares about my feet?" he grins.

She playfully swats at him and he grabs her and swings her out to the floor.

Laughing together they start the dance.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000