Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was a better dancer than she let on... And douglas was much better than Artemus on the dance floor.... But really all she was concerned with was looking into those eyes... He was a very handsome man.

Kit smiled at the others it seemed like for a change that things were going to end just the way they were supposed to everyone happily ever after... Although she still needed to tell Pet that Kit was taking someone with her on the last three weeks of Suspension.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Jeremy dance a little while longer with their friends and then decide to sit down at one of the tables. Pidge takes her fan and starts fanning herself quickly.

"Jeremy, dear. Would you get me something to drink. It's awfully warm in here."

(grin)

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The evening went on far too quickly for Pidge and Jeremy. They enjoyed the food, the drink, the dancing. They treasured the company of their friends. Most of all they revelled in the joy of their wedding day. Jeremy had loved Pidge in secret for a very long time. He had seen her through a surprise marriage and a tragic death. They had stared death down together and survived. Now they would live life together and see what the future held for them.

They loved God and country. They loved each other.

Now the day was done and it was time for them to say goodnight to their friends.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  16:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Jeremy walked to each and every guest and personally thanked them for helping make their day so special. Pidge hugged her four best friends: Bess, Apple, Kit and Pet. She also gave Jim, Doug, Wade and especially Artie () a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Jeremy kissed the four ladies on the cheek and shook hands with his friends. They talked for a few minutes more and then excused themselves to go to their honeymoon suite.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  16:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas took Kits hand and led her out to the front porch of the hotel. She st in one of the chairs and he sat in another one.... She pulled out her fan ad watched the fire flies in the night.

Douglas looked at her "Kit, do you want to stay here in silver springs or shall we go somewhere."

"I haven't been to Old Mexico in a long time."

"then we shall go."

He would go anywhere with her....

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  16:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy waits until everyone is out of sight and then he picks Pidge up and carries her to their room. He fumbles a little bit with the key and then when the door unlocks he finishes by kicking it open the rest of the way.

He carries her into their room and kisses her before he sets her down. He is a man in love. Pidge, blushing, says that she needs to go and change into something more comfortable.

"Go ahead, Magdalena. Take your time."

She radiates at the sound of her real name being spoken by the man she loves. Magdalena goes into the resting room to clean up and change.

Jeremy stares at the door that just closed for a moment and then slapping his hands together, looks around to see what's there. Another washing bowl with pitcher and cloth. He sets to work cleaning his face and hands.

He doesn't hear the window slowly opening up.

He doesn't see three masked men coming through the window.

He doesn't notice them sneaking up behind him with a huge burlap bag until it is too late.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  16:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge hums to herself a very happy tune while she prepares for the night. She takes the water from the pitcher in the resting room and pours it into the bowl. She then takes the cloth and soaking it, wrings it out and cleans her face, her neck and her hands.

She hears a commotion going on in the main room and opens the door to look.

There is a masked man climbing out of the window and seeing her, grins and says, "Just an old-fashioned shang-hei, lady. Courtesy of Professor Orkney Cadwallader." He tips his hat to her and leaves.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  16:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit heard someting on the roof and she saw shadows move. Something told her she better check this out. She stood and Douglas thinking he had said something wrong followed her. They saw three meen carring a moving sack.

Kit yelled "hey you three" The one closet to them drew a weapon and turned Kit Shoved douglas out of the way as the man fired. She felt something warm and stinging in her shoulder but she ignored it and pulled a hidden revolver and fired back the man fell and she tossed the gun to douglas and pulled a small orb....

The others inside her the gun shots and ran outside to see two men and a burlap bag.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:02:21  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple and Pet hear shots fired and rush to remove the President and his wife from the hotel garden. Artemus and James rush outside to find out what is happening, guns drawn.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:07:17  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess helps Apple and Pet with the president and his wife, getting them to safety.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:10:00  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Captain Wade and Colonel Richmond are outside on the front veranda, smoking cigars, and they hear the commotion. They rush inside to make sure that the President is safe, then join the others outside in the garden.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:12:11  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After helping Apple and Pet with the president and his wife, Bess goes to check on Pidge and Kit.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:14:46  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple has told Pet to join the others, she will stay with the president and Julia. It is still her sworn duty to serve and protect, whether or not she is with child, and she intends on doing just that, to the best of her ability.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The two men make it to thier awaiting horses on of them cover fires as the other ties the burlap bag to a horse.

Jim and artie duck for cover and fire back kit yells "Don't they have Jeremy." She had recognized the shouts before they had knocked him out.

They mount thier horses and with a few more shots head south out of town. Kit found her saddled horse, That she had placed everything on before the wedding as she had planned on leaving that night, and jumped on... She looked at Douglas who was right next to her on another horse and they took off after the two men.... Kit was sure to leave a trail of the sparkely dust.

Jim and Artie went to the down man and he spoke two words before he died "Professor Cadwaller"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy pulls out a knife that he always carries in the back of collar. A little trick he learned from Jim. It had served him well in the past and it was going to this time, too.

Very tough job to do while inside a burlap bag on a running horse but Jeremy manages to cut himself loose. He tumbles out and suffers bumps and bruises but, fortunetly, nothing more serious than that.

The other two desperadoes ride on unaware that they have lost their bounty.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  17:57:13  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess sees Kit outside and goes to check on Pidge. Ignoring the 'Do Not Disturb sign, Bess opened the door.

Bess'Pidge, where are you Pidge?'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:01:01  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pidge is standing in the room in shock.

Bess'Pidge, whats going on?'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the dark Kit and douglas nearly plow over Jeremy.
Kit pulled up short... "Jeremy are you ok?"

"Yes just a bit of a bumpy ride"

"Douglas would you take Jeremy back to the Hotel I am going to finish following these guys." She was off before he could say anything leaving a trail behind.

He started to follow but Jeremy stopped him "She will be fine, She wont do anything stupid, at least i hope not.
He climbed on behind Doug and they were back at the hotel in no time.

he climbed off the horse to see Pidge pacing the porch of the hotel. SHe ran and gave him a hug.

Jim and Artie looked at them. "where is Kit?"

Doug "She is following them and I would like to follow her" He said defensivly

They went back inside to make sure Grant was ok and get everyone together.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:03:31  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Grant and Richmond await their agents to give them a report in a room off the lobby. Apple has given Julia over to Captain Wade, who has taken his charge to her rooms. Meanwhile the other agents are beginning to assemble in the small room.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:14:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim had a scroll in his hand and was not paying particular attention it it after all it was a partial map and they had the sparkle dust Kit left behind.

CRACK!!!! BOOM!!!!

Suddenly the bottom fell out of it as the rain came down. ARtie looked at the others "There goes the Trail"

Kit had watched the ones she was followiing slow down and she did as well keeping far enough behind she saw them stop at a secluded ranch House when it started to rain. Kit looked up and shook her head. She climbed off the horse and did her best to find shelter under a grove of trees she had a change of clothes in her bags but she would do nothing of the sort until the rain stopped. this dress was g oing to be ruined. It was then she really felt the pain in her sholder she put her hand up and broght it back down the crimson was washing off in the rain. Great she thought just great.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge grabbed Jeremy and held on to him for dear life. Jeremy held her with one arm and asked the others if the President was safe. After being assured, he took Pidge off to the side to speak with her.

"I heard who's behind this, Pidgy. It's Professor Orkney Cadwallader, the earthquake scientist."

Pidge answers, "I know, Jeremy. That's what that scallawag said who kidnapped you. Is this all about my money again?"

Jeremy holds her close, "I don't know, Pidgy. I don't know but we're going to find out.

Now, we have to get to work. Kit is out there looking for those guys. I'm going out with Douglas and Jim. (he kisses her goodbye)

Don't worry. We'll be back."

"What a way to spend a wedding night." He mutters under his breath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:44:00  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After making sure Pidge was safe, Bess went to Jim.
Bess'What is going on? Earthquake machine? Let me see that map.'
Jim showed her the map. It was hard to read.
Bess'Oh no.'

Bess kissed her husband goodbye and continued to look at the map.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  19:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Inside a cave, Orkney Cadwallader awaits the horsemen. They enter. These are not dimwits the way his sons were. They were shrewd "businessmen" who believed Caddy when he promised them riches beyond the dreams of avarice.

This didn't stop Cadwallader from ranting when they failed to bring Jeremy to them.

"How am I supposed to use Peak for ransom if I don't have him.

Rafe: "Don't you mean "Pike?"

Caddy: "Pike, Peak, Pook. What's the difference? I don't have any of them."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  19:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rafe looks at his buddy-in-crime. "Jake. You still think this guy can pull it off?"

Jake looks Caddy over and answers, "Yeah. I know he's not much to look at but I remember the earthquakes he arranged. If he says he can do it... then he can do it."

Caddy eyes the two of them, his mind working overtime. "Now, Reef, you still want your money, don't you?"

Rafe lowers his head and glares at him, "That's Rafe."

"Yes, well, whatever you call yourself. You'd better listen to your friend, Cake, over there if you want to get paid."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  19:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit sat in the rain it was finally starting to lighten up.... This was not a good situation, she knew they wouldn't be able to track her now she would have to go back. Once the rain stopped she changed the dress had become very heavy. She changed it the brush and did her best to bandage her shoulder but she knew the bullet was still in there. She started to climb up on her horse when a shot rang out and the horse took off as the blullet went right past the poor animals ear. Kit Hit the ground hard and turned to see a man she stood and started to move when a bullet hit next to her right foot,it it the mud with sickining thud. She raised her hands as he came closer. HE said nothing just motioned to her gun belt and she dropped it, he then motioned toward the ranch house and she walked the only noise was the s*cking of the mud at there boots.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  19:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Within the ranch housethe silent man said nothing and lead kit through a secret passage in the back toward the Professor. The silent man stepped through the door behind Kit the professor turned.

"who have you brought me?" He puts on his glasses and walkes up to Kit.
"I don't know you, get rid of her."

Rafe looked at the Professor "wait she was with the guy who shot thomas"

"You know Peak?"
Kit said nothing "another silent person I like those. Tie her up until I know who she is"

The silent man pushed kit to a corner and she grimiced as he rafe pulled her arms behind her back to tie her up. the they roughly shoved her to the ground and she groweld at them.

Kit horse came back into town and slower pace than it had left its rider and stopped next to the horse Douglas was on.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  19:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reef and Cake errrr, I mean Rafe and Jake look at each other in amused silence and then turn to leave. Once they're out the door, they chuckle at Caddy's outlandish behavior.

Rafe: "That guy is a nut!!"

Jake answers him with a laugh, "He's crazy all right. Crazy like a fox. Come on, let's go and do the job."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  19:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim looked at Bess as apple came through the door.

"Apple can you figure out this map?"

Bess hands apple the map. Doug walks back in silence he had been saddleing the horses.

"we are ready when we know where we are going."

Bess noticed him "What is it?"

"Kit's horse is back without her."

Bess walks to him "She will be ok, it might have gotten spooked during the storm."
HE nods knowing kit is a talented woman but he was still worried.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:02:05  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple realizes that the map is an overlay map. "I will need to get to the assay office immediately to find the topographical map that is needed to read this one." She looks to her husband who has returned from esconcing Julia Grant in a guarded room. He nods and the two head to the assay office at the other end of town. (OOC:And of course its raining again.)

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas has been pacing back and forth waiting for Jim and Jeremy to get ready. Jim has been studying the map but Douglas can't wait. He watches the road for Kit. He is not used to standing still and he can't stand the thought of anything happening to Kit.

Back and forth. Back and forth he paces until he can't take anymore. All of a sudden he sees something. At first, he thinks Kit has returned but then, peering again he realizes that the horse is riderless!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000