Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas understands that a life in the Secret Service is fraught with danger but it never hit him until now. Until the woman he loves could possibly be in danger.

He saddles up his horse, dons his slicker, packs his gun (with extra ammunition) and rides off in search of Kit.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grant is chomping on his cigar and listening to Jeremy Pike's report. Chomping and nodding his head, he waits until everything is said and then barks, "Man! This is your wedding night! Now forget everything until tomorrow morning. We have five other top notch agents to do the job. Now let them do it! That's an order."

And with that a stunned Jeremy Pike (aka Pook, aka Peak) is dismissed.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:26:52  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple finds that the assay office is indeed open and she and Wade have the clerk searching for the correct topographic map to lay under the overlay.

"Apple, I think that this is it," Wade says to his wife. She stops her own search and joins him as he lays the overlay map on top of the one that he has found. Apple looks at it carefully then nods in agreement.

"Yes hun, it is. Let's get it back to the others at the hotel" She thanks the clerk and the Hamiltons head back out into the rain toward the hotel.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge is waiting for Jeremy outside of Grant's office. Not having her handy dandy pocket stethoscope with her, she has to settle for holding her ear to the door.

At first was Jeremy's quiet but steady voice. Then she heard the loud barking of President Grant. Couldn't make out any words. Just volume.

When Jeremy finally did come out, he looked stunned. "He wants me to forego the investigation and concentrate on the honeymoon. At least until tomorrow." He looks at her puzzled. "I don't know if I can do that."

Pidge pulls him close and looks worried. "Jeremy. He said to concentrate on the wedding night, right? Well, guess what? This is how we're going to spend our wedding night." And she whispers a plan to go and look for Kit together.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:36:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple finds Artemus and gives him the maps that Wade and she have found. The two of them look them over for a time.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie was looking at the overlay lying on top of the map. Then it came to him.

Artie: "Wade look at this formation here..." Artie points to something on the map and Apple looks as well.

Wade: "This rock formation would be a great place to hide."

Artie: "Exactly what I was thinking. There is a cave of some sort right about here..." Artie circled a spot on the map, "We take a team in there properly equipped and we should be able to get her out."

Apple: "Why don't I go relieve Pet, I'm sure she will want to be in on this. And she might have the blowie upies you will need." Artie looked at Apple.

Artie: "That's a good idea, Apple, thanks. I'd hate to be the one to get her wrath is we leave her out of this. But oh man I really don't want to be these guys we're going after." Wade and Artie share a laugh as Apple exits.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  20:51:57  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet is with Julia Grant, and she is ready to pounce on Apple the second she enters the room.
"What is going on? Tell me..." she is quieted by Apple's hand on her arm.

"Petunia, you are going with them. Now go change and meet Arte and Wade and the others downstairs." She laughs with Julia as Pet bounds from the room as quick as she can. Apple turns to Julia and asks her if she likes to play gin rummy.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  21:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meanwhile, Douglas is riding in the rain. He is getting soaked but getting wet is the least on his mind. He has brought Kit's horse with him and allows her her head. He figures that the horse might just possibly lead him back to Kit.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  21:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kits horse lead him back to where Kit had been taken... He see the house not far away and dismounts looking about he doesn't see anything when he hears something behind him drawing his gun he spins and the gun flies from his hand. The silent man stands there and motions for the Dr to drop his weapons, and motions for him to get his Dr bag. Not saying a word he leads the Dr through the same passge he lead Kit through the professor is no where to be seen but vocies can be heard down the caverns hallways.

He see's Kit and goes to her he can see the crimson staun on her shoulder he reaches around to untie her and the silent man taps him on the shoulder with his rifle and shakes his head no.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  21:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas turns to the silent man and argues, "At least let me treat her! She could die from loss of blood and then what good would she be to you!!"

The silent man thinks for a moment and recognizes the logic in what he says. He nods and Dr. Parker, very much relieved, treats Kit. He looks in her eyes and communicates silently his concern for her. After he has cleaned and bandaged her shoulder, he stands back and looks at their captor. The captor just nods his head and leaves them alone.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rafe and Jake ride their way back into town. Because of the rain, the streets are empty. Rafe motions Jake to take the back way to the hotel. Jake peers into a window. People are there but not the right ones. He moves to another window. And then another. On the fourth try he sees two women conversing. One of the women gets up and answers the door. She turns to the first woman for permission and then leaves. This gives Jake his opportunity.

He quietly but quickly opens the window and shoves a gun into the face of the woman sitting nearby. She is startled but remains silent. He tells her to come out through the window if she knows what's good for her and she reluctantly complies.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:14:21  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple excuses herself from Julia, and tells the guard outside to keep alert until she returns.

After an interval of only a few seconds Apple returns and finds that Julia is gone and a man is standing in the room, ready to go out the window. Apple shouts and he turns toward her. He lifts his gun, but Apple is too quick. She has picked up a heavy book and throws it deftly at him and the gun is knocked from his hand.

The guard outside runs into the room when he hears Apple shout and he wrestles the gunman to the ground. Apple looks out the window and sees movement, but the rain has created a fog, and she can't make out what is happening. She climbs out the window, pulling her gun from her garter belt as she does so.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Small earthquakes start rumbling through the town. First one. And then 2 minutes later the next followed by small ruptures in the earth every 3 minutes.

Grant comes storming out of his room, barking orders but it's hard to hear him. He grabs that young soldier by the neck and orders him to round up the troops. Grant turns to another soldier and starts ordering him to get him his horse.

Rafe salutes Grant and tells him his horse is right outside.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:24:07  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Colonel Richmond is outside, wounded from a gunshot. He sees Apple come out of the window. He shouts to her. She sees Rafe and Grant, they are very close, she aims her pistol and pulls the trigger. Rafe is wounded and Grant makes a mad dash away from his captor.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:28:29  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Colonel Richmond gets up and follows the president into the hotel, where the guards on duty take Grant to where his wife should be. He is thundering mad when he finds her gone. Apple had not had a chance to tell him. His shouting can be heard out the window and Apple returns to the room.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grant: "Agent Hamilton What the HELL happened here? Where is my wife and WHY did you leave her alone? This is a most dangerous dereliction of duty!" Grant's thundering voice could be heard all through the floor.

Apple: "Sir, I was not derelict in my duty to your wife. I argued with her that going to get her some fresh water was NOT what I was supposed to be doing but she seems to have a stubborn streak to match yours, sir." Apple stood her ground.

Grant: "Yes, well, you never should have left her without making sure she had other protection!"

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  23:04:42  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I did make sure she had other protection, sir. The guard was under my orders to protect her. I was gone a few seconds only, to get her a fresh pitcherof water. I am sorry, sir, that I left her." Apple is feeling quite angry with herself.

Grant notices her anger, and he softens a little. "Apple, I know how hard headed my Julia is. She followed me during the war, stayed out of harms way, but she was near the front many times." He shakes his head at the memory, then looks at Apple again. "I'm sorry. We just need to find her. Where is Douglas Richmond?" he asks one of the guards.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  23:16:16  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The guard shows them to the room where Richmond has been taken. Apple hands a towel to Grant and uses one on her hair as they are on their way to Richmond.

Richmond has a flesh wound to his rib cage and Apple quickly disinfects it, then wraps it in clean gauze. Richmond tells Grant that West and Moore (Now mrs. West) and Hamilton will stay behind to guard him while the Gordons and Capt. Hamilton go in search of Kitana, the doctor, and now, the First Lady.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  23:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie, Pet and Wade had just left the hotel with the maps safely tucked into Artie's saddlebag. They turn and look back when they hear shouting.

Wade: "What the..." there are people running and shouting and they hear the word FIRE!

As they are heading back to the hotel entrance they see the scene unfold before them. Someone is trying to kidnap Grant and Richmond! Pet draws her gun but Artie holds her arm and shakes his head. They need to wait.

After they watch Colonel Richmond go down and Grant make good his escape they see the wounded asailant make his get away in the confusion and they decide to follow him.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:09:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Besss, Jim, and Apple realize that the newlyweds have no idea what is going on. Julia Grant has been taken and Jeremy and Pidge need to know. Apple decides that a note will have to do. She leaves the group, under the approval of Colonel Richmond, and puts a note under the door of room 15. She knocks softly, so as not to disturb them, and is surprised when Jeremy opens the door immediately.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:17:17  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Jeremy! I'm so sorry, but it is important." Pidge comes to stand behind her husband. "Julia Grant has been kidnapped, everyone is needed."

The Pike's grab their firearms and follow Apple to what is now the presidents headquarters, a conference room on the second floor of the hotel. After she shows them to the room she excuses herself so that she can change from her wet gown to dry clothes, because she feels a headcold coming on already from being out in the rain.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:22:48  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim goes to Bess who is sitting with the president.
Jim'Sir would you mind if I have a minute with my wife.'
Grant'Sure.'
Bess follows Jim out the door, but keeping Grant well within her vison.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit did her best to smile Douglas but she was very tired. Douglas was looking for away out when Rafe came through the door with Jake and a very upset and protesting Mrs. Grant.

The Professor Finally came back "Ahh Mrs. Gramp, so nice to see you." He noticed Dr Parker "Who is He?"

The silent man was standing in the corner he pointed to the doctors bag and the Professor Nodded "A doctor , what is your name?"

"Dr Parker, I was just riding by when this man stopped me."

"pitty Dr Pratker, Now Mrs Gamp you husband surly should have listened to me."

"It is Mrs Julia Grant."

"Whatever..."

Jake started to tie up Parker when he looked at Rafe "You will help him"

Dr Parker bandaged Rafe up and then they tied douglas up next to kit.

The Professor Smiled "Bring Mrs. Gampt to my lab."

Kit was weakly struggling with the ropes she had to get free to help Mrs Grant.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy straps on his gun belt and asks for an update on what they have done so far. He looks at Pidge (Pike, no less. ) and realizes that the same ones who grabbed him must have grabbed Julia.

Jim shows them a copy of the map and where they have determined to be the most likely location of Orkney Cadwallader.

A small rumble begins and grows. The walls shake, glasses fall and break. Pictures come tumbling down. Pidge grabs a chair for support but stills falls. They all go crashing down, including the President. It all lasts about 30 seconds and then stops.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is very likely damage done to the structure of the hotel but not so bad that they're in any immediate danger.

Jim checks on President Grant and then puts Pidge and Apple in charge of guarding him while he, Jeremy and Bess go after Cadwallader.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:54:13  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: JIm shows them the copy of the map that Apple and Wade brought back, since arte and the others have the original...

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:57:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

OOC: JIm shows them the copy of the map that Apple and Wade brought back, since arte and the others have the original...

OOC: Oops. Sorry, Apple. Brain cells aren't all back yet. Thanks for the correction.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Manages to free herself from the ropes and unties dougla. They had left them unguarded.

"Kit, Where do you think you are going?"

She sees the concern in his eyes "Doug I Have to do this it is my job"

He noded he had seen her work through much worse before and he followed her as they made there way down corrador.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy kisses his new wife goodbye and says, "Sorry, Pidgy. I'll make it up to you later."

Pidge Pike () nods her head and warns him to be careful. "Don't worry about anything here. Apple and I have it covered." She patted her derringer in her lap.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:10:19  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Colonel Richmond sends Apple to bed, so that she can rest enough to help during the daylight hours. She had had long day and in her (stupid)condition he wants to make sure that his agent will be able to do her duty. She excuses herself, sure that it has more to do with her dereliction of duty than her condition.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000