Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim and Bess West along with Jeremy saddle up their horses, grab the ammunition (and extras they'll need)and ride out to the cave.

As they're riding another rumble starts again. They jump off their horses before they're thrown off and the scared animals run off in fear. This time, the earthquake is small and only lasts about 10 seconds.

After they pick themselves up and dust off their clothes, Jim whistles and his horse returns with the other two following behind.

The three agents mount up again and continue.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

Colonel Richmond sends Apple to bed, so that she can rest enough to help during the daylight hours. She had had long day and in her (stupid)condition he wants to make sure that his agent will be able to do her duty. She excuses herself, sure that it has more to do with her dereliction of duty than her condition.

OOC: Hey Missy!! Don't call my friend's condition "Stupid." There happens to be a little Hamilton growing in there. And we like little Hamiltons.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge touches Apple's arm as she walks by and says, "Hey, Apple. Don't sweat it. That could have been me. Don't worry. They'll get her back."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After Apple leaves, Pidge settles back with a book. She peers up at the President every once in a while. He is sitting there staring into space, chomping on his cigar.

She shakes her head slightly. Privately she thinks, "Can't believe I'm spending my wedding night with President Grant." She sighs and opens the book to the first page. It is Wuthering Heights.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas was behind Kit and she heard him fall she spun and the silent man was standing there she looked at him "You know you really should be more polite" This guy was good she had to admit that not many people could sneak up on her or Douglas from what she remebered. He was out cold but alive, The silent man tossed her a rope and she tied his hands. She whispered "Sorry" even though she knew he couldn't hear her.

Standing up she almost passed out but kept her feet the First Lady's life might be dependent on it. The Silent man pushed her into the lab.

Professor Speaks "Why did you bring here in here."
He made a symbol with his hand "Ahh I see so you were sneaking around, all you had to do was ask."

Kit walked right up beside the First Lady and Mrs Grant Spoke "Ms. Montgomery"

"Are you alright ma'am?"

"Other than being brough here in such a uncooth fashion I am fine."

Kit nodded and made sure she was between the First Lady and any weapon. Soon Jake came dragging in Dr PArker and pushed him to the corner. Kit Nodded at him and he understood when the time was right he could easily slip the ropes.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  09:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie, Pet and Wade see Rafe slowing his pace and they pull their steeds up and stay well back so as not to be seen. They dismount and Pet grabs her saddlebag getting a raised eyebrow from each of the men.

"Supplies," Pet tells them as she pats the bag.

"Wade, maybe we should make her stay here and guard the horses. All we need is for that mountain to come crashing down on that house." Artie winks at Wade.

"Don't even think it Artemus Gordon! Like you could stop me if you tried," Pet rolled her eyes at the laughing men.

They quietly made their way to the house and checked the perimeter. When they met back at the edge of the wooded area they had come to the same conclusion.

"That house is a front," Artie was saing and Wade nodded, "looks like the only way in is through that house."

"I looked in the windows...they weren't even smart enough to at least furnish it." Wade said.

"Ok so we go in find the entrance to this cave or whatever it is and go in get our agent..." the men looked at Pet when she paused.

"THEN we blowie upie the place!" Pet smiled.

"Oh man, Artie you really need to do something about her." Wade joked.

"It's on my list, Wade." Artie said as they made their way around to the front of the house, Pet pulling out a pouch of sleeping powder just in case it's needed.

OOC sorry took so long ladies rough day at the moment.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  09:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was hoping her fellow agents would show up soon. She knew the professor wasn't a rash man and he tended to think things through but once he was done here he wouldn't think twice about brining the mountain down on his captives. Kit wavered a bit but soon steadied herself.

Even from the Back Douglas could tell she was not doing well and wondered if she had torn open the stiches trying to free herself.

Kit Finally spoke "So Professor what is your plan this time?"

(OOC: Its ok Pet Hope its gets better for ya)

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  09:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They approached the house Artie and Wade taking positions on both sides of the door. Pet cautiously knocked on the door hodling the podwer ready in case anyone actually answered.

When there was no reply, Pet cautiously opened the door and they entered the house men with guns drawn. They quietly crept through the empty house making their way to the back.

They reached the kitchen area and noted that this room at least was being used. They looked around for what could be the entrance to the cave and Wade noticed scratch marks on the floor in front of the cupboards.

He and Artie pulled on the cupboard, Pet standing ready with sleeping gas powder if needed. As the cupboard opened Pet saw a gun pointing through aimed right at Wade.

She blew the powder through the opening and pushed him out of the way as the gun went off. Wade rose and brushed himself off and looked at Pet but she shook her head.

"I'm fine, Wade." Pet answered as Artie reached over and took the saddlebag from his wife adn slung it over his shoulder, his left hand across his chest, holding it tightly.

"Artie?" Pet questioned him.

"You need your hands free to get at the blowie upies in the back pouch this way all you have to do is reach in front of you and get them," Artie reasoned.

Pet studied him for a moment before nodding. Something wasn't right and she couldn't put her finger on what it was.

They headed down the tunnel and Pet kept her eye on her husband, noting the abrupt change in his breathing and he seemed to be staggering slightly.

They stopped just short of the mouth of the cave wondering where to go from here.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  10:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, Bess and Jeremy finally make it to the cave in one piece. A short distance away, they dismount and walk on foot. Outside of the cave is Professor Orkney Cadwallader.

Cadwallader is examining the ground and taking notes. His eyes are bright and gleeful as if anticipating something wonderful. He can be heard talking to himself in excited tones.

"Let's see here. If we put these numbers in with these figures we can come up with the right approximation for the placement of the dynamite. Hmmm. Hmmm.Hmmm. Yes. Yes. That would work. Now we just need to get the word out to the President."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  10:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cadwallader hears a noise and looks up quickly. He narrows his beady little eyes and walks cautiously over to where our agents have been hiding.

"Is that you again, East?"

The three walk out with the guns drawn.

"Ahh yes and you brought friends. Ahh Peak, you came, too. Very good. Very good. (he nods and cocks his head to the side as he peers at them). Who is this you brought with you? A woman? Are you that hard up for help that you recruit women, too? Or do they offer you diversions perhaps."

Bess gets angry. "I'm his wife and watch it, buster!"

She points her gun at him. "I can shoot you just as dead as they can."

Jim puts his hand over Bess' gun and forces it down carefully all the while never lowering his gaze.

"Professor Cadwallader is an expert on the earthquakes we've been experiencing, Bess. He is also an expert on the fine art of diversion, aren't you, Professor?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cadwallader shrugs his shoulders and continues his piercing look at West. "I've been known to think up a few things."

Jeremy: "Where is Mrs. Grant and the others?"

Cadwallader perks up. "Oh, is she around? I haven't noticed."

Jeremy grabs him and lifts him up off the ground. "Look, you little weasel. Tell us where the President's wife is and the others or you're going to get hurt."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cadwallader wheezes and speaks through his nose: "Not as hurt as you're going to feel when this mountain comes falling down on all of you and your friends."

Jeremy lowers him and stares. "What are you saying?"

Cadwallader puffs up. He has finally gotten their undivided attention on what he wants.

He smirks. "This mountain is rigged to go and who knows?

I know. And I know how and when and by....who."

He laughs in delight as the others look to each other in fear.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:23:49  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess assesed the situation and told Jeremy to put Cadwallader down.

Jeremey puts Cadwallader back on his feet.
Cadwallader'Thank you for looking out for me Mrs East.'
Bess'I'm not concerned about your welfare, now where is Mrs. Grant. What do you plan on by accomplishing this?'
Cadwallader'I need Mrs. Peak's money. I plan on earthquaking the world.'
Bess'What's the matter with you, cant you get anybody's name right Mr. Callahan?'
Cadwallader'Its Cadwallader, Mr. East, you should have married my daughter at least she could pronouce names right.'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit and the others were moved outinto a hallway as the professor left. She could hear something down the hall but The silent man said nothing he just pushed them forward.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie hears the loud voices and turns to head toward them when he sways and almost drops the saddlebag. Pet reaches out and steadies him.

"Artie, what is wrong with you?" she asks sternly.

"Nothing, sweetheat, come on we have to go!" Artie pushed off the cave wall and Pet looked where his hand had just been. Blood?

"Ok, I'll go along with you for now only because we need to get our agent back and get the hell out of here. But mark my words Artemus you have NOT heard the last of this. I know you're hiding something and I won't let it go."

Pet grabbed his left arm and helped him along the tunnel, trying to help him save face....until the poper time to have it out with him.

They crept up the tunnel, Wade keeping en eye on the rear. When they neared the sounds of the voices, Pet stopped Artie so she could get some items from the saddlebag.

Artie rolled his eyes when he saw his wife's weapon of choice.

"We do have to get you some new toys. That solid nitor is just too fascinating to you," Artie smirked.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:47:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit heard some vocies outside the room and new who it was she nodded to Douglas who slipped his restraints and grabed the silent man.
Kit Moved between the fighting men and the First Lady, moving her to the safty of a corner. She tried opening the door but it was locked, she turned just as the Rifle went off, she felt the burn of the hot lead in her side she fell into the wall next to the door and yelled at pet to blow it.

Douglas managed to wrestle the gun away from the silent man and using the butt of the gun knocked him out cold, HE started to go t oward Kit "No cover the First Lady Pet's gonna blow the door."

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet opened the saddlebag Artie seemed almost terrified of letting go of and removed the clay to put on the hinges. Noticing the clammy skin and sweat on her husband's brow, Pet jerked the bag away from Artie, nearly knocking him down.

"Damnit, Artie!" Pet almost shouted, "why didn't you tell me? Nevermind...we'll discuss it later. Kit! Can you get up here and fix a hole in this stubborn man?" Wade snickered and Pet glared at him. She leaned down and kissed Artie telling him she loved him and he better be okay.

She picked up the saddlebag and went to the door to begin her work.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was holding her side but didn't say anything about that "Yeah as soon as you blow this door we have Mrs Grant in here with us, And Doug is here to. JUst get the door open and well have him fixed up in no time."

Doug looked at Kit he noticed her shoulder seemed to still be ok he couldn't see any blood through the bandage. He found HIs Dr BAg and went back to the first lady Kit moved along the wall away from the door.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet quietly approached the door and began to spread the clay on the hinges and the lock. She hoped and silently prayed that the door opened outward and was rewarded when she lit the clay and it silently sparked and sputtered and the door didnt fall in. They still had the element of surprise.

She glanced back at Kit, Doug and her husband as she drew her gun and reached for the doorknob.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOc ok ladies Im off to work hoping for all my hours today! Write me in but leave the yelling at artie for jeopardizing the mission by not telling us he was hurt to me pls I feel a good yell coming on lol

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Hey Pet we are on the oppisiste side of the door from you guys...Ok I am going to post it will be a bit out of order until Pet gets home)

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  13:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet Cautiously pulled back the door and saw one man on the floor and Dr Parker holding a Rifle next to the President's wife. Pet Helped Artie into the room and Wade went to check on Mrs Grant once he knew she was ok he looked Douglas and he was already next to Artemus looking at the wound. Kit moved slower over to the other angent her hand still at her side she knelt down examaning his would Douglas had already cut away the shirt and had his instruments out needed to dig the bullet out of his arm. Kit put both of her hands on Artemus arm and no one notivced the extra blood as they worked. Douglas Bandaged Artemus arm up and noticed the anger and concern it Pets Eyes.

"He is going to be alright he will just be a little tired for a bit."

Good Pet thought cuz I am going to kill him. Kit spoke "We need to get the First Lady out of here."

Kit started to stand up and the blackness took over and she fell.

Douglas moved quickly around Artemus "Kit." He looked at her shoulder no it was fine he pushed her jacket out of the way and the dark crimson on her side stood out on her white shirt.
Douglas started to do dsomething when the ground beneath them begain to shake.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  14:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He said a few choice words under his breath he couldn't do anything while the ground was shaking. It stopped and he packed the Kit's side wound to stop the bleeding until he could get her our and remove the bullet.

Artemus looked at Kit he had seen that woman dressed as a man go for days with out sleep to save wounded soilders, he at one time believed him/her indistructable.. But now he knew better she had put of taking care of herself to save the President's wife that was her duty but she had come to his aide again even after what he had said to her. She had forgiven him but he really didn't believe it until now. He laid his hand on Douglas' shoulder "Doug she will be ok, we will get her out of here."
Artemus knew he didn't sound very convencing because he himself wasn't convinced as the ground started to shake again.

Out side The cave the professor was taunting them playing with them... these tremours were nothing compared to what he was about to do but it made them flinch and that was fun.. he looked at Bess "So you get my name wrong what is in a name really.. not much."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  14:51:43  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The earth shook again. Bess,Jim, and Jeremy fell back down.

Professor'This is wonderful, its seems I have the three of you at me feet and soon the world, now Mr. Peak, ah we need to see your wife or your nation that you serve will be in mourning..Mourning for their first lady. And they'll have all you to blame. You'll have to leave the country when I'm through.'

Bess'Are you crazy Callahan?'

Professor'Of course not, I have md's phd's drs degrees everything, I am not crazy Mrs East. I'm just smarter than the rest of you. Now Mr Peak about that money...'

And the earth shook again.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  15:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wade and Pet had gone ahead with the first lady and wade was doing his best to Keep Mrs. Grant upright with all the small earthquakes. Some rock fell from the wall and Artie who was behind spoke "I suggest we hurry."

Douglas was carring an uncosious Kit and doing his best not to drop her. He was cursing under his breath her Job, this situation everything. He knew time was growing short for all of them. He did his best to check her wound while carring her and it lookedliked the bleeding had stopped that was a good thing.

Artemus was watching His wife he new his Pet was upset with him and was not looking forward to the impending conversation.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  16:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During one of the minor earthquakes, Jim lunged at Orkney Cadwallader's legs which caused him to fall. Bess pulls her gun, races over and sticks it in Orkney's ribs, poking it in pretty good so that he gets the picture.

"Drat! You Secret Service Men and Women!! Drat! Do you know what you've done? Do you? You think you have me but you don't. The detonator isn't on me. (he smiles in triumph). You thought it was but it's not. It's on someone else. Someone else who isn't even aware of it. Now what do you think of that? Hmm?"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  16:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During the next earthquake Douglas bumped into one of the walls and almost fell, Artemus caught him with his good arm and helped steady him. They heard a Voice and looked down.
"Hey could you watch the bumps"

Doug looked down "Kit, your awake?"

"Sort of.."

Wade was walking with Mrs Grant she was carring her purse and she stumbled when she did the quake became worse.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  16:54:49  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim pulled Bess back from the professor.

Jim'Bess quit pulling your gun on him, we can't kill the idiot, we need to know where that detnator is.'
Bess'I think I've figured it out.'
Professor'Now before you figure anything, I'll tell you where that detonator is, if you'll just bring me Mrs. Pike's money.'

Jeremey lunged at the professor and Jim pulled him back.
Jim'Unfortunately, we have to keep this idiot from getting knocked out too.'
Bess rolled her eyes.
Bess'One thing for sure, Callahan, you've really made our day.'
Professor'Mrs. East, when will you get my name right?'
Bess'When you get mine right.'

And another tremor shook the ground.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  16:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doug continued to carry Kit, following Wade and Mrs. Grant.

"We're going to get you out, Kit. Just hang on, sweetheart."

Kit mumbled something unintelligible. Doug glanced at her, the furrows in his brow deepening. He didn't like this. Her being hurt and not knowing the way to safety. And yet, if it wasn't for Kit being injured, this whole escapade was really quite exhilarating. He could understand how she thrived on this. "Getting fat on danger" was how James put it.

No time to think of that now. He shifted her in his arms to carry her better. Her head resting on his chest as much as possible. He hurried his footsteps. They were nearing the exit now, he could tell. The air was getting fresher.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  17:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up ahead was a light. The light from the exit. Artemus and Pet went on ahead to check it out. After a brief moment, Pet comes running back witht the ok to move. Wade goes ahead with Julia Grant and Doug carries Kit.

Outside they see Jim holding a gun on Professor Callawander who really doesn't seem the least bit perturbed. In fact, he seems absolutely delighted to see them.

Doug carries Kit and sets her down under a large shady tree. He checks her wound, and retrieves his doctor's bag from Artemis.

He takes his stethoscope out and listens to Kits' heartbeat. It sounds good. He listens to her lungs and checks her eyes. She's more awake now and attentive.

He leans back and shakes his head at her. "You gave me quite the scare, Miss Montgomery. But I guess you'll make it."

Kit smiles weakly. "I'm going to need some private attention, Doctor."

"Well, if I must...I must. All in the line of duty." He smiles as he leans over to kiss her.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000