Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  17:30:24  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Despite the craziness of the whole scene, Bess smiled at Douglas and Kit. She was so happy that her friend had found Douglas.

Jim walked over to Bess.
Jim'What are you smiling about?'
Bess nods her head toward Douglas and Kit.

Bess then turned her attention to Julia Grant.
Bess'Mrs. Grant, are you ok?'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  17:32:43  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess noticed the professor kept looking at Julia's purse. And then she knew.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  17:42:14  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess pulls Jim to the side. Smiling as if she's whispering sweet nothings in his ear, she tells Jim that the detanator is in Julia's purse. Jim one by one pulls Wade and Jeremy over to tell them. Jim and Jeremy get Mrs Grant's attention so Bess can whisper the info to Douglas and Kit. They decide for the moment not to say anything to Mrs. Grant because one nervous move would blow them out of the sky.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  17:43:18  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the earth shook again.....

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  18:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meanwhile, Grant is pacing back and forth. Cigar butts are lining the floor. When Grant is worried he chain smokes. He is also not content to just sit there while his wife could be in mortal danger.

He looks over at Pidge every once in a while as he puffs. Pidge is sitting in her chair trying to read her book. She's not being very successful as the President fills the air with smoke. The pacing is driving her crazy as well.

"Mr. President. James and the others will bring her back. They're experts in dealing with this kind of trouble. You have nothing to worry about. Mrs. Grant will be here before you know it."

"If that were true, Mrs. Pike, she would be here right now. (he pauses and puffs). But you're right. I couldn't do any better than the team we have out there right now. We'll just have to wait."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  18:29:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit nodded to Bess and she whispered to Douglas "help me up I have an idea."

He looked at her not sure if he should or not but the urgency in her eyes told him to do it. He helped her up and pulling her stregth from somewhere she walked over to Mrs. Grant.

"Ma'am, I know that you are in a hurry to get back but I have to ask you a question.?"

She turned and the ground trembled again. "Yes Miss. Montgomery?"

"That is a beautiful Purse would you mind if I take a look at it?"

Mrs Grant started to swing the purse and Kit stopped her "Oh look it is about to loose the button on the side. I can fix that for you"
She nodded and Kit gently took the purse from her and steped back careful not to shake the purse.

"Ok I have the device Someone needs to take Mrs Grant back along wth the professor"

Doug looked at Kit "what are you going to do with that?"

"Try and disarm it when Mrs Grant and everyone else is far enough away."

"Kit, I am going to stay with you as shakey as you are you will need the help and besides you asked for some personal Care."

She smiled

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  18:56:55  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess knew what Kit had in mind. But Bess was not going to leave Kit and Douglas out there alone. Bess pulled her husband over. Again she did the smiling sweet nothing routine again explaining to him what Kit was going to and that she was not going to leave them alone.

Jim looked at his wife. He wasn't going to leave her alone with a detonator. He was going to send Jeremy and Wade back with the professor and Mrs. Grant.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Orkney Callawader has had his eye on that purse the whole time. He wasn't fooled by the pretense of sweet talk from a newly married wife to her husband. His wife had never done that with him. He had no reason to believe tha of someone else.

His ego wasn't about to let someone else get the upper hand if he could help it. He secretly pressed a button on a device he kept in his pocket. Smiling to himself, he waited for his diversion.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lightening strikes. The professor grimaces. "Wrong button," he mutters to himself and reaches for the next button.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The group hears a rumble unlike any of the others so far. This one starts high above them and grows in volume.

It's an avalanche!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Being away from the cave entrance, Dr. Parker must think fast.

Not thinking of any danger to himself, Doug grabs Kit and the purse and shields her against the side of the mountain. Boulders fly all around them occasionally hitting Douglas.

Jim grabs Julia Grant and pushes her into the cave with Bess running behind him.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet pulled her husband away from the rest of the crowd. They'll be able to hear even from all the way over here!Pet thought.

"How's your arm, sweetheart?" Pet asked genuinely concerned.

"It will be okay, but that's not what you dragged me all the way over here for, is it?" Artie asked resigning himself to his fate.

"No but I think you know what I am going to say." Pet glared at him.

"Then why waste time saying it?" Artie looked at his wife hopefully and seeing the anger in her eyes all his hopes were dashed.

"Artemus Gordon I ought to..."

"Kiss me, you know you haven't yet," Artie tried to lighten his wife's firey mood.

"I ought to smack some sense into you. Do you realize what you could have done? You could have gotten us all killed with your stubborn male pride." Artie looked for all the world like a small boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Yes, I was worried about you because you are my husband, the man that I love with all my heart, but damnit I won't tollerate you jeopardizing a mission just so you can be macho."

Pet was not quite done yelling when they heard the sound and looked up to see the approaching avalanche. She grabbed Artie and pulled him with her as she ran toward the trees the cave being too far to reach in time and not being the best place to head for in an avalanche.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a small avalanche but this one hurts. Kit and the detonator are miraculously safe but we cannot say the same for Dr. Parker.

"Doug, you saved our lives." Kit says to him.

He does not respond. He stands there very unsteady and falls to the ground unconscious.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:32:34  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess sees Doug fall and runs toward him. She helps Kit drag Doug into the cave with Mrs Grant. Kit turns pale and Bess leans her up against the mouth of the cave.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Moves away from bess's grasp with detonator in one hand she checks doug out with the other he seems ok probobly has a slight concusion and some bruised ribs... Idiot she thinks you stupid handsome idiot... She leans in and Whispers in his ear "I love you"

She looks up at the others "we need to get out of here before he figures out how to blow this place without his detonator"

Kit was almot ghost white now. "You guys take doug, Mrs Grant and check the professor then get away from here I will disarm this thing."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:37:18  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess looks around and sees Jeremey, Wade and the professor. The professor is just smiling. This was so much fun doing this to those dumb agents. Soon he'd have his money to own the world.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wade grabs the Professor before he can escape and picks up the pesky man by the scruff of the neck. Kicking and yelling, Orkney is carried to the cave entrance with the others.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:41:25  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess looked at Kit.
Bess'No way am I leaving you up here alone. I'm staying with you. Jim take the others back, I'm going to help Kit then we'll be down.'
Jim'Are you crazy, Bess? I'm not leaving you up here with a sick person and detonator. Wade and Jeremy can handle taking them back, I'm staying and bringing both you and Kit back.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The past 48 hours have been huge for Jeremy. He has just about reached his breaking point.

He grabs Orkney and shakes him. "You're not getting the President's wife. You're not getting the President and you're not going to hurt my wife!!! Ya got that, little man???"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at them Both "we really don't have time to argue this and they can't take a sick man back by themselves and protect the presidents wife and keep and eye on the professor."

She took a shallow breath "I will not risk anyone else, you have a duty to attend to Mr. West"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge looks up from her book. The hairs on the back of her neck are tingling. Something is up with Jeremy but what?

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wade steps in and grabs Jeremy's shoulder.

"Jeremy. Let him go. He'll pay for this, buddy. Let's take him back."

Jeremy is exhausted. He looks at Wade and lets go of Orkney.

"Sorry, Wade. I don't know what came over me."

Wade pats him on the back for support. "That's ok, bud. We got him."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  19:51:24  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Douglas comes to during Bess and Jim's conversation. He slowly sat up.

Douglas'I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying here with you Kit. Not until you leave, then I will leave with you. You are not getting out of my sight. Do you understand Kit?'
Kit'Yes, thank you.'
Jim'I'm not leaving either. I'm not leaving 2 injured people up here with a detonator, Bess I want you to go back.'
Bess'No way, Jimmy I'm not going anywhere until you three go with me.'

Jim had to smile at his wife. She was just as stubborn as he was.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:05:02  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doug tried to stand up and stumbled. Jim caught him before he fell. Then Kit tried to stand with no success.

Bess'Well it looks like all four of us are staying for a bit.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Ahhhh, they just need a drink of water. Snerk.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:09:44  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC Funny!! I think they've had too much already! Double snerk

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Well Pidge you beat him up heheheh he might need a glass)

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:14:40  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim tells Wade and Jeremy to take back Mrs. Grant and the professor.

Jeremy'Are you sure?'
Jim'Go on we'll see you in a bit.'

Jeremey and Wade with the first lady and the professor head back toward the town.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wade grabs Orkney and lets him know in no uncertain terms that he is under his "protection" and had better not try to escape. Orkney walks muttering all the while that he's going to think of new ways to get that money and wreak havoc.

A very tired Jeremy offers his arm to the First Lady and they walk to the horses and to safety.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

(OOC: Well Pidge you beat him up heheheh he might need a glass)

OOC: only a glass? How about a pitcher and a straw? LOL

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000