Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a few minutes, a flare goes up signalling that the First Lady is safely out of range.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:25:59  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple has slept fitfully, but at least she tried. She wakes when the hotel shakes just a bit, then she is up...she dresses and heads to the room where Pidge and the Colonel are with Grant.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  20:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge looks up and instantly grabs her derringer. Much relieved when she sees Apple, she lays the gun back in her lap.

"Have a seat, Apple. They're not back yet. President Grant was just reminiscing to me stories about the Civil War."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  08:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Finally managed to stand, she shook the Detonantor just a bit and the ground rumbled. She was more Careful and moved away from t he cave. Once everyone was out Kit saw Pet and Artie come over.

Kit Slowly pulled the detonantor out of Mrs. Grants purse and sat it on a flat rock. This one was more sopisticated than the last one. Kit Looked it over and then Looked at Pet. "What do you think?"

Doug was standing beside Artemus, Jim was close incase either one of them fell."How is the Arm?"

"Oh fine Doc be good as new soon, thanks you."

"you know I always believe she was indistructable... To see her take control with a wound like that.. proves it."

Jim nodded "Yep she has some stregth but so do all of our SS ladies." he smiled at Bess

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  08:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grant Looks at Apple "I hope you slept well Mrs. Hamilton, I ws just discussing war time with Mrs. Pike."

He offered Apple a chair"I tend to do that when I worry"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  08:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet examined the detonator carefully, making sure not to move it. Then she looked at Kit and evil glint in her eye.

"Kit, I think the only thing we can do is detonate this puppy. If we try to disarm it we could blow us all to kingdom come. Why don't you let me do this and you go sit down." Kit eyed Pet suspiciously.

"Kit, it's all right. You don't have to worry about me doing anything stupid. As long as I have Artie I'll be okay. Now, just go sit over there with you man and leave me to my blowie upies." Pet smiled at her friend and turned to her work.

Pet slowly and gently lifted the detonator and started to walk over to the cave. Artie rushed over his eyes wild.

"Where do you think you're going with that?" He asked.

"Just killing two birds with one stone, sweetie. Cadwalleder won't get the chance anytime soon to get back in this particular lair." Pet wriggled her eyebrows at her husband.

"Pet dear, I have never met anyone who likes her job as much as you do, not even Jim likes the job this much!" He chuckled.

"A girl's gotta have some fun." Pet winked at him as they entered the cave. The others couldn't hear Artie's comment but it made Pet laugh. They disappeared inside the cave leaving the others waiting.

Pet moved to the tunnel junction and sat the detonator down in the middle. Putting the saddlebag on the ground, she rummaged around until she found her blue and red vials.

"You've had those in there this whole time?"

"Yeah, Artie where else woudl they be?" Seeing the look on his face she giggled, "Relax...I worked on the mixture so it's not so unstable." she rolled her eyes.

Pet pulled two lengths of wire from the saddlebag and cut it in two. She then made a small loop on one end of each wire. This she tied to the bottom of each vial. Handing one to Artie, she placed the remaining vile in front of the detonator and carefully trailed the wire out from it. She placed the second vile, the top touching the other, next to it and repeated the process with the wire.

"How long is that wire?" Artie asked.

"About 50 feet." Pet replied as she continued to work.

"50 feet... uh...sweetheart, that tunnel is at least 250 feet!"

"Yeah, I know."

"You know? How do you propose we set this stuff off without getting ourselves killed?" Artie asked his wife.

"Easy, we take this wrie the 50 feet, pull on it and run like hell." She miled at him and he only groaned in reply.

They gently lifted the wire and walked back toward the exit until they reached the end of the wire. Pet nodded to her husband and they pulled the wires simultaniously and watched as the viles spilled thier explosive fluid into a pile. They turned and headed back for the tunnel entrance.

Just as the reached the mouth of the cave the ground began to rumble and shake.

"Everybody down!" Pet yelled as she and Artie dove to the ground and covered their heads just in case.

The liquid ignighted in a burst of flame, taking the detonator with it. The earthquake mackine also blew shaking the ground and making the tall trees bend and nearly touch the ground. It was all the agents could do to keep from rolling around like rag dolls. They all held tightly onto whatever they could find.

A blast of fire, smoke and debris burst out of the mouth of the cave and Artie looked first to the explosion then to his wife.

"Told you don't sweat it we had time." she smiled.

The dust, dirt, debris and soot slowly drifted its way down onto the agents like a gentle mist in the forest on a spring morning covering them all.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  09:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Stood after the explosion looking for Pet and Artie she saw them both stand and sighed.

Douglas was feeling a lot better still a bit sore and he walked over to Kit and caught her as she fell. She looked up at him and smiled and he leaned in and kissed her gently. Then picked her up her head resting on his chest.

"I love you" she whispered and he smiled.

Artemus looked at Pet and hugged her.

They looked around for Bess and Jim and saw them stand up and walk over to the rest of them.

Artemus spoke "I think its time we got back, how about the rest of you?"

They all nodded. And Headed back toward town.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  09:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Douglas shifted Kit so that she was more comfortable in his arms and whispered back, "About time you admitted that." He grinned at her expression and started walking with the others.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  09:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

Douglas shifted Kit so that she was more comfortable in his arms and whispered back, "About time you admitted that." He grinned at her expression and started walking with the others.

Uhm what happened to our horses? Pet ain't walking back to town snerk.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  09:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It felt like a long ride to Jeremy back to town. Time just seemed to drag. They dismounted in front of the damaged hotel. Stablemen came over to take care of the horses (for which Jeremy was extremely grateful for) and the Sheriff picked up Orkney Callawader for Wade.

Sheriff: "Good job, Mr. Hamilton. We really appreciate you apprehending this lil varmint for us. I can't tell you the chaos this troublemaker was causing the townfolk." He shakes Wade's hand.

Wade smiles and returns the handshake. "It was all of us, Sheriff. I just came for the ride."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  09:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artiespet

quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

Uhm what happened to our horses? Pet ain't walking back to town snerk.

OOC: they had to walk to the horses, ya goof.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy helps Mrs. Grant down from her horse and the three of them walk to the President's office.

The guard opens the door for Mrs. Grant and her husband strides quickly over to greet her. Nodding to Wade and Jeremy, he thanks them for her safe return, asks about the Professor and then dismisses them. As soon as everyone leaves, the President looks Julia in the eye and says, "Julia. You must never do that again. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you."

"Oh, Pookie. I'm fine."

They embrace.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:14:06  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim got up and pulled Bess to her feet.

Jim'Are you ok?'
Bess'Yes,lets get out of here.'

Bess and Jim followed the others to their horses.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once outside the door, Apple and Wade embrace and leave to go speak in private. Wade asks Apple how she is feeling and she says a little queesy but she's ok. With his arm around her waist, she is very much relieved that he is back safe and sound. She asks him about his part in the rescue and they spend the next hour alone in conversation.

Jeremy and Pidge leave the office and walk arm in arm back to their suite. Jeremy tells Pidge briefly about what happened, yawning in between words. Together they unlock their door and Pidge throws her copy of Wuthering Heights onto a side table. She goes back to that resting room to clean up. She hears Jeremy out in the main room pouring water into a bowl and smiles.

After a few minutes, she comes out of the resting room wearing a pretty nightgown with a high neck collar and long sleeves.

She smiles.

Jeremy is crashed out on the bed snoring.

She sighs and lays down next to her new husband and quickly falls asleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
snerk some wedding night pidgy

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artiespet

snerk some wedding night pidgy

OOC: Ehhh. Ya win some. Ya lose some. LOL

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  14:42:50  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim and Bess left the site and headed back to the hotel. The first thing they did was to check on President and Mrs. Grant. Both Grants told the Wests they were fine. Bess went to check on Apple. Seeing Apple was fine, Bess left Apple and her husband alone. Jim saw that Jeremy and Pidge's door had the "Do Not Disturb Sign". Jim pointed to the door and Bess nodded her head and smiled. They continued on to their room.
Jim'You know we missed our train.'
Bess'I figured that, the life of a secret service agent never stops for anything, does it.'
Jim'You are correct, my dear.'

Jim opened the door and they stepped inside. Bess kissed her husband.

Bess'Jimmy, dear you are a mess.'
Jim'You are too Mrs West.'

They both went to clean up. After Jim cleaned up, he decided to lay on the bed and wait for his wife. Bess came in and saw her husband was asleep . Bess kissed him on the forehead and got into bed.

'Wow,'Bess thought'The honeymoon of a secret service agent.' Exhausted, Bess fell asleep.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  15:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once in town Kit talked Douglas into letting her check on the Grants as was her duty. She knocked on the door and stepped inside Kit was pale but steady first thing she did was hand Mrs Grant back her purse "Her you go ma'am I am sorry about the ruse but we didn't wish to startle you."

Mrs. Grant took the purse "It is quite alright Miss. Montgomery"

Grant started to say something but Julia hushed him with a look "You go and let that Dr of yours take care of that wound." She winked at her.

"yes Ma'am" She saluted smartly to the president which hurt to do and she walked back out and looked at Douglas "I am ready to go now."

He smiled and carried her to his room and rebandaged her side gave her some powders in water and he took some too for his bruised ribs and they drifted off to sleep.

In The President's Suite "That Girl is going to have to learn to follow orders."

"oh Pooky lets get some sleep its been a long day and things will be clearier in the morning."

"You are right Dear"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  15:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Me thinks someone slipped narcolepsy powder in everyone's water.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  17:05:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC:And methinks that Miss Kitana Montgomery has gone into a man's room unchaperoned!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  17:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: He is her Doctor... LOL)

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  17:19:47  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC:Snerk...doctors who end up sleeping next to their patients...

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  17:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC; Well in my defense you ladies are teaching me how to write MCJ... so technically and besides who is left to chaparone lol)

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  17:36:40  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

(OOC; Well in my defense you ladies are teaching me how to write MCJ... so technically and besides who is left to chaparone lol)

Um, dont you have your own room? excuses excuses...snerk.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  18:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC Well I did until all the married couples took all the rooms LOL)

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  18:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: I thought about this,too, Kit. You being in Dr. Parker's room; however....

As you might recall, you were getting ready to leave town so you didn't have a room anymore plus...

You were injured so technically you needed someone to take care of you; however...

Scandalous!!!!

Now he'll have to marry you. Snerk.

(Apple, do you still know the words to The Lord's Prayer?")

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  18:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Pidge I am well aware of that senario.... why do you think I wrote it that way Snerk)

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  18:45:32  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Double snerkles!!!!

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  18:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Parker sleeps fitfully. He is only too aware of the danger he has put Kit in. Scandal is not a thing to be taken lightly. It could endanger her career as well as her personal life.

The chair he's been sleeping in is very uncomfortable. Doesn't matter. He has important things to think about.

He studies Kit as she sleeps in his bed. He knows what he wants to do. It's what he has wanted to do for a very long time but he is not sure of the outcome.

He stands up and stretches. Pulls back the shade. It's daylight. Was daylight when they all came back. And what a night it was.
Exhilarating. He grabs his wallet, kisses Kit on the forehead and locks the door behind him. He will be back but only after a few errands.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  18:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long after Douglas leaves, Kit begins to stir. She rubs her eyes and stretches one of those looong comfortable stretches. Twinge! She forgot about her bruised ribs. She feels the bandages.

Then she notices something else. How strange. She doesn't remember these pajamas. She looks them over. Huh! Men's pajamas.

She looks around the room and thinks about getting up. Yawwwwwwwwwn!
Kit starts to pull back the blankets when there is a knock at the door.

"Come in."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000