Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  10:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge listens at the door. The voices are getting louder and anxious. They're trying to find her.

The voices fade as hurried footsteps make their way down the hall.

Pidge breathes slowly and looks around. It is a sitting room decorated by someone with expensive and elegant tastes. She walks around taking it all in when she feels a strong masculine arm reach around her waist and pulls her back. The other hand, covered with a handkerchief, muffles her scream and a rich resonating male voice whispers in her ear.

"Do not make a sound, my dear Miss Pidgeon. Let's let them look for you elsewhere. We have much to discuss, you and I." And with that he turned her around and pressed his lips forcibly against hers. The strength of his arms and the sudden turn proved to be too much for Pidge and she faints slowly in his arms.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  11:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slowly. Slowly. Her head stops spinning and Pidge opens her eyes. She is lying on the brocade sofa with her feet on a beautiful yet soft pillow. Sitting in the armchair across from her is the suave, debonair Colonel Hearn. His eyes relax a little as he notices her coming to.

"Are you feeling better, my dear? I am sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. I was hoping for a little bit of private conversation between the two of us."

Pidge's eyes glance over his shoulder and notices a painting on the wall. A painting of a beautifully dressed young woman who looks strangely familiar. The woman's head was lifted up as she gazed at the people in the room. She was standing next to the very same chair that Colonel Hearn is sitting in now. Her hand gently resting on the
top. Colonel Hearn is portrayed as well, sitting in the chair looking very regal and proud.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  11:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colonel Hearn's eyes pick up her glance.

"I see you have noticed the painting of my former wife. She was beautiful, wasn't she?" His eyes look restlessly on the picture.

"She was killed two years in a terrible train accident. The same one that horribly disfigured my twin brother."

He starts to get agitated and his voice rises in volume.

"The noble esteemed owners of the railroad somehow neglected to inform their passengers that they were also transporting highly flammable materials and when the train jumped the track..." he shrugs, "there were casualties. Among them (his eyes flash) my wife and my brother."

Pidge looked at him in horror. What a tragedy. Her eyes brim.

"Where is your brother now?"

Colonel: "He is around. Working in my estate. It is my duty (emphasized) to take care of him and to avenge my wife's death."

Pidge looks back at the painting. Something about it troubles her. The woman looks very familiar but there is more. Something. What is it?

Then she notices.

It's the dress.

The very same dress that Pidge is wearing.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  14:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit continues on her way and hears furniture breaking and rough fighting going on. Curious she hurries over to a large banquet hall. There is Jim taking on 4-5 men who were looking for Pidge. Swinging from the chandelier, he kicks one man off his feet and into the wall. Jumping down, in one smooth move, James picks up a small table and cracks it over a man's head knocking him senseless.

Kit grins and steps back. Much to her surprise, Colonel Hearn appears from one of the rooms in the hall and races over to the fracas.

Stepping into the room that Hearn just vacated, Kit sees Pidge lying on the couch.

"Hey, Pidge. Come on!" Kit says urgently and then turns towards the door. She looks up at the painting and stops cold.

"Pidge. What is this? How did you get into the painting???"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  14:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*looking at Pidge* "On second thought you can explain that to me on the way out... I was just telling BSB what I know and she is just outside."
*Goes to her friend and helps her up*

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  15:07:12  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As they made their way down the hall BSB sees Kit.

Kit:' Excuse me are Mrs Macdonald Bryne?'
BSB: 'Yes, yes I am.'
Before she could say anymore, they heard the crash.

While Jim and Artie was taking care of the 4-5 men, BSB pulls some explosives out, courtesy of Apet and Artie. As smoke filled the room, Kit ran in and saw Pidge.

They made their way back to BSB. Now, since Pidge had been found, Jim and Artie went looking for their" wives", Kit quickly filled BSB and Pidge on what she knew. All three made plans to meet everyone else at the dance that night.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  16:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge informs BSB and Kit of the strange behavior of Colonel Hearn. She explains how she got there and what she had overheard in the room upstairs between Horace and a strange man named Arasmus. Most of all she explained the painting in the room that they just left.

Pidge: I'm telling you, it's the eeriest thing seeing that woman in the wall painting. And him acting the way he did. What are we going to do?

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  18:24:50  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kit headed to another part of the hotel to keep her cover until that night. Meanwhile, BSB and Pidge make it back to Jeremy's room. Pidge shared her information including her "twin".

Pidge then made her way back to Colonel Hearn.

BSB and Jeremy were discussing their cover when someone knocked on the door. BSB went back into character.

BSB'MMMM Yes?' She said through the closed door.
The voice said 'Telegram for Mrs Bryne.'
BSB'Oh dear, just a minute, I'm not decent.'
Jeremy gets in the bed in the suite still playing the part of the sick father. Quickly they clear away everything and BSB opens the door. The clerk handed her a telegram it stated:

Too risky for us to come back. STOP Our "wives "are missingSTOP Need to see you ASAP STOP.

She knew what that meant. Jim and Artie couldn't find Apple and APet.

She handed a bill to the clerk and shut the door. She shared her information to Jeremy. Then she headed back downstairs to meet with Jim and Artie.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  18:51:12  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and Pet have been taken out of the hallway, apparently by force.*

Pet:"Serves you right!" She yells as she turns to face her captor. "Oh! Dang! I'm sorry! Why didn't you just say so?"

Jim:"Well you were yelling for me so we thought we better stop you quick. Man, did you have to bite my hand so hard? Apple why didn't you defend yourself?"

Apple:"I recognized Arte's cologne...gees, read the clues Pet!"

Arte suppresses a laugh at his partner's expense, and checks to make sure that the skin isn't broken. Arte:"You are fine my friend, just be more careful in your choice of wife...make sure you can take her in a fight, or be recognized!"

*the foursome plot their next move, including keeping the ladies under wraps for a while, to put the Colonel ill at ease. They send a telegram to Jeremy and BSB to set their plan in motion.*

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  19:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I bit you, Jim...it's your fault. You could have said something BEFORE I clamped down...kinda sour bite too. Pet smiled at him.

Artie just be glad I didn't bite you! I'd probably get food poisoning. Pet snickered.

Watch it, Artie, she's your twin in the lab now that she's my wife I may not need a partner. Jim winked.

Jim and Artie filled them in on what was going to happen. Apple and Pet agreed staying hidden for now was the best way to ferret out the ring leader. This way they could use the cover of the dance (where everyone is required to attend) to look around and see what they could find.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  19:28:48  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AS BSB made her way down to the lobby, the clerk who brought her the telegram stopped her.

Clerk'Mrs Bryne?'
BSB'Yes?'
Clerk'The manager here at the hotel would like a word with you.'
BSB'Dear I can't right now, I'm on my way to see my stepson-in-law.'
That's when BSB realized he had a gun to her back.
Clerk'Mrs Bryne, this is a matter of great importance, either you come voluntarily or by force, you see your stepdaughter's welfare as well as her husband's are at stake.'
Fearing for the lives of her friends, BSB took off with the clerk.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  19:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the Great Hall the evenings dance had begun and was in full swing. The music played, couples danced and a good time seemed to be had by all.

Artie and Jim put their plan into motion. Artie strode angrily into the room...looking around he found "Mr. Bryne/Jeremy" adn strode up to him.

Artemus have you seen my... Jeremy began when Artie shoved him.

Where is Apple? What have you done with her? You never did like the idea of us getting married!

Artemus...you have it all wrong! I came here looking for you and Apple to apologize.

No you didn't you came here to save face and I'm not about to let you get away with it OLD man!

Son, I am your father-in-law and you WILL treat me with respect! Jeremy yelled angrily as he lunged at Artie and grapsed him around the throat.

Artie's eyes bulged and he gasped for breath. He looked like a man caught in the tracks of an oncoming train. Jeremy tried not to laugh as he whispered to Artie and told him to stop hamming it up.

Jeremy released his hold and Artie fell to the floor, glaring at him.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  20:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge walks slowly back to the room with the painting. Looking inside she sees the Colonel standing by the fireplace gazing intently into the flames. He seems to be lost in thought.

Suddenly he looks up.

"Where have you been? But more importantly, why have you come back?"

Pidge: I had to think. I don't know what made me return. (she stammered surprising herself).

He held out his hand to her. She placed her hand gently in his and he pulled her in.

"When will you trust me?"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  20:47:09  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BSB was pacing the floor in a huge office. Finally the door opened, and in walked the man who'd been the desk clerk at the hotel.

'Good Evening Mrs Byrne, I'm Frank Davidson, I'm an associate of Col Hearn's. I'm going to tell you this, then must go and join the dance, this has all taken careful planning.'
BSB'Yes?'
Frank'Its like this, you better make sure your husband doesn't do anything to your stepdaughter's marriage. This merger of Gordon Bryne must take place, if not I will be forced to kill all of your family. Do you understand?'
BSB nodded.
Frank'Ok, please share this information to your husband and let the merger happen. Now you may go to your husband at the dance.'
BSB left the room and headed for the hotel room she and Jeremy were using. After changing into her evening attire, making sure she still had Apet's explosives, she headed for the dance.

She stepped into the hall where the dance was being held and was greeted by total chaos.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  06:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

Pidge walks slowly back to the room with the painting. Looking inside she sees the Colonel standing by the fireplace gazing intently into the flames. He seems to be lost in thought.

Suddenly he looks up.

"Where have you been? But more importantly, why have you come back?"

Pidge: I had to think. I don't know what made me return. (she stammered surprising herself).

He held out his hand to her. She placed her hand gently in his and he pulled her in.

"When will you trust me?"

She looked up into his eyes and found a note of vulnerability only for a moment. It quickly disappeared into steely resolve and she wondered if it was only her imagination.

Colonel Hearn stares intently into the fire again. "We know who the agents are." He looks back at her and studies her response.

Pidge, a little unnerved by his strong presence and this sudden information said, "What are you going to do?"

He gazes at her, his eyes flashing. "There is a dance tonight. I wish you to attend with me. There will be dancing, food and drink. You may enjoy all of it but not the drink."

She stammers, "Why not..."

"Because it is not for you. There is a special formula to the drink and it will take care of our guests. Oh, not permanently, to be sure. It will just cause them to turn into statues for a temporary time. Mr. and Mrs. West will become quite docile, I assure you."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  08:05:36  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BSB immediately knew she had to lapse back into character.

BSB'Oh dear, Mac dear, stop this, you promised me this was going to be civilized, now look what you have done to your son-in-law.'
Jeremy'Its about time you showed up, and don't give the excuse you couldn't decide what to wear.'

BSB helped Artie back to his feet.
BSB'Are you ok Mr Gordon?'
Artie'Yes,'
BSB'Good there is a table over there in the corner, we're going to discuss this like civilized people, after all, I do believe Apple and Artie really do love each other.'
Jim West cocked his eyebrow.
BSB'Mr. West, would you and your wife join us please?'
Jim'My wife had an unexpected headache, but I'll join you.'
BSB'Good.'
The group headed for the table.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  11:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Kit over heard what the Col had said and quietly made her way to the dance quickly she saw BSB with the others and walked over to them the guys did a good job at covering thier supprise she told them about the wine at the dinner and she paid her respects and left the table going to talk to another couple*

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  11:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colonel Hearn extends his arm and says, "Shall we go, my dear?"

Pidge slips her arm through his and walks down the hall towards the ballroom trying to figure out how to warn the others.

They reach the dance floor and the Colonel turns to Pidge and takes her hand in his. She delicately rests her other hand on his shoulder as they start the waltz. With a gentle nudge to the left or to the right, he guides her along the`dance floor. They glide along as if they were one.

Pidge looks around carefully, trying not to draw attention. She wants to warn the others but she can never seem to catch their eye.
She and the handsome Colonel sway across the floor effortlessly.

At one point she thinks that she's caught Artiespet's eye but Apet only gives her the thumbs-up sign.

"Oh brother," she thinks to herself. "This isn't going to work."

"Look," she says to herself, "There's Apet in a dress."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  11:35:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Kit sees pidge dancing with the Col and accidently bumps into them catching Pidge's eye she signals her in a way that she understands so she knows the others know a bout the drink, Kit feels a gun in her back and the col speaks*

"How dare you interrupt my dance" He said it low and in a whisper followed by "Take her to her room she is of no more use to us"

*Kit let the man with the gun lead her she didn't want to endanger the other prsioners*

To be continued

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  12:03:33  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC PSST PIDGE...Pet and apple are still "kidnapped"...just thought you should know,eventhough I love the part about the dress!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  12:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the end of the dance, the Colonel bowed to his lady and led her to a table. Glancing over to the others she realized that it wasn't Apet she saw after all. It was that Miss Wellner who originally showed her to her room.

"Hmmm," She thinks to herself, "what happened to Apet? Apple isn't here either. What's going on?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  12:18:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOCL( Out of character laughing): Thanks, Apple. I forgot the two of you were removed from action.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colonel Hearn: "A toast! I'd like to propose a toast to all of the newlyweds here tonight. Please raise your glasses.

May all your days be happy ones together. May your children be plentiful and as wonderful as the beautiful women you have at your side.

Cheers, everyone!!"

Everyone raises their glass and says "Cheers." They all drink their champagne with the notable exception of James, Artie, BSB and Jeremy who only pretend to drink the contents. Carefully, they empty their glasses in the plant behind them.

Within five minutes there is complete silence except for Pidgeon's steady breathing and the rustle of her dress as she is led out of the room.

She must walk carefully around them because...they cannot move.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colonel Hearn's voice is calm but steady.

"Gentlemen, I believe you know what to do. You may take each one of them carefully up to their rooms and leave them there for now."

A young Captain approaches Colonel Hearn.

"Yes, Captain? You have a report for me?"

"Captain Arasmus, sir. We have two missing from the list. A Mrs. Apple Gordon and Mrs. Artiespet West."

"What?!! Then find them!! Find them!!"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

Colonel Hearn: "A toast! I'd like to propose a toast to all of the newlyweds here tonight. Please raise your glasses.

May all your days be happy ones together. May your children be plentiful and as wonderful as the beautiful women you have at your side.

Cheers, everyone!!"

Everyone raises their glass and says "Cheers." They all drink their champagne with the notable exception of James, Artie, BSB and Jeremy who only pretend to drink the contents. Carefully, they empty their glasses in the plant behind them.

Within five minutes there is complete silence except for Pidgeon's steady breathing and the rustle of her dress as she is led out of the room.

She must walk carefully around them because...they cannot move.

and just what did that poor plant ever do to you?

I have finished my fic and I posted it over on the fan fiction forum if anyone is interested in a fic with MCJ in it (I STILL can not believe I took the challenge let alone actually did it)

Now maybe I can concentrate on blowing this mission up...er...I mean getting on with the mission...yeah that's what I mean

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:42:14  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Before the toast, as they sat at the table, Jeremy took his 'bride' to the dance floor.

Jeremy'Where have you been?'
BSB'I had an inivatition to visit an associate of Col Hearn's, the kind of invitation with a gun to my back, they just let me go?'
Jeremy'Has our cover been blown?'
BSB'No, but they told me if you tried to stop the marriage, our whole family would be killed, that is Macdonald Byrne and his family.'

Back at the table, BSB and Jeremy shared the information with Jim and Artie, also the information about the champagne.

Then Col Hearn started the toasts. They knew what to do, they poured their drinks into the plant.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok my brain cells are spent at the moment I'll try to get caught up I just have to figure out what Apple and I are going to find that won't get us blown up! (geez some people just can't handle the blowie upie hehehe)

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  16:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*once in the hallway kit spins on her capture his gun fires but she is already out of the way with a swift kick to the legs she knocked him down and the gun went slidding across the floor with another well placed kick she knocks him out, she pauses just for a second to see if anyone heard the gun shot and then she picks up the discarded weapon and begins her search for Apple and Pet hopping to find them before everything explodes*

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  16:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple and Pet make their way down the hall. They spot Kitana and wave to get her attention. She joins then as they cautiously walk down to the door at the end. They had all been warned it is for hotel employees only.

Pet--Apple I think we should check this out and the door IS unlocked. Pet winks.

"You're right maybe there is something behind that door we need to look into."

"All right, ladies, are we ready? Everyone got plenty of 'toys' just in case? If not I'm sure I have some to spare." Pet said as she grasped the doorknob and opened the door.

They descend the long flight of stairs and emerge at the beginning of a long hallway strewn with crates of explosives and bomb making materials. They examine these as they continue on. Pet grinning and giving cursory explanations about the contents of various crates, much to the dismay of Apple and Kitana.

The end of the hall opens into a vast cavern filled with various machines and desks littered with commuincations equipment, plans and drawings.

Not quite sure what to make of all of it they decide to go back upstairs and find their 'husbands' and tell them about their discovery.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  16:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Arasmus salutes smartly, turns and barks orders to his subordinates. Quickly they move to previously designated sections in a well organized man hunt for Apple and Apet. (Or in this case: wife-hunt )

Colonel Hearn starts pacing slowly. Back and forth. His finger up to his lips in deep thought.

He nods his head. He has made a decision. He quickly calls over Captain Arasmus and gives him his new orders. Captain Arasmus steps back, salutes again and calls two of his men over.

One by one, they move each of the statuesque guests out of the room.

Colonel Hearn exits to speak with Pidgeon.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000