Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  20:23:24  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: The hotel was about an 8-10 hour ride from Nowhere, in Nevada. Remember Apple and Arte arrived at the hotel late at night, about 10-12 hours after the explosion at the depot in Nowhere.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  22:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet was in the lab when Colonel Richmond found her. He felt they needed to have a chat before he left.

"Pet, I think we need to have a talk."

"Now, is not a good time, Colonel." Pet snapped.

"Now is the perfect time. You have been walking around here in a huff and I demand to know why."

"Are you sure you REALLY want to know?" Pet glared at him as she poured some nitro glycerin into a test tube.

"Yes, now out with it just what is the problem you seem to have with Mr. West?"

"Mr. West, is a self centered, self righteous, son of a...he almost got Apple killed being so darned cocky! I told him he only had a few seconds to get out of there. And what did he do? He didn't bother to tell Apple...he just let her ramble on and try to convince Hearn to leave with them."

"His actions were totally careless, reprehensible and downright thoughtless! If I were a man he'd be needing...well, let's just say that he'd be out of commission for a while!"

"Whoa, this really has you riled. Is there something else going on here that I don't know about?" Richmond asked.

"And I'm mad at myself."

"You? Why are you mad at yourself? The other agents said you performed admirably today."

"That's just the point. I did my job. I did what was expected of me. Too well. I wired that darned hotel to implode and that required a lot of extra fire power. I should have allowed extra time on the time delay and I didn't. I am partially to blame for what happened to Apple. I wouldn't blame her if she never forgave me." The last statement was a mere whisper.

"Pet, you can't blame yourself. You had a job to do and you carried it out. I am going to have a talk with James and if need be he will be punished. Do you want to go sit with Apple?"

"No, I think I'd be better use if I go look for Kit. so begging your pardon, sir. I'll be off. Give my apologies to Apple and Artie, tell Artie he's out of nitro. If all goes well I'll be back. If not don't bother looking for us just follow the BANG!"

With that Pet took her leave of the train and headed toward Nowhere and where she had last seen Kit.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  23:02:03  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and Arte are sitting on the settee in the parlor, waiting to speak to Colonel Richmond, and Arte is trying to communicate with Apple, since she can read lips he is speaking very slowly and succinctly*
Arte:"Can you hear anything at all?" Apple nods. "Good, describe what you hear." She looks for her pencil, then writes, MUFFLED VOICE. Arte smiles at her, "Good! You will be back in action in no time!" She returns his smile, then Arte turns away as he hears his lab door slam and footsteps pounding away from the parlor car toward the stable car. "uh oh, there she goes again..."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  05:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the new TAP headquarters, Major Horace Hearn barks orders to Captain Arasmus.

"I want five men sent to that train. I want them to scout it out and to possibly plant explosives. If you see Pidgeon, grab her and bring her to me.

If you see any of the agents on the way....kill them."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  05:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meanwhile, in another part of the state, a hooded man travels in the rain. His horse is a beautiful black steed who carries his rider with urgency. The man's expression is emotionless. It is nighttime. He approaches a town called Freedom and slows his horse down. After dismounting, he leads his horse into the local livery stable. There he strokes the horse's head and says soothingly, "There, there, my fine steed. You have done well today. Let's get you ready for a well-deserved rest." He pats the horse.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  06:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

Uh-oh did you say blast!!!!! heheheh yep

OOC:
You know, the way you and Apet load up on those devices, you had better hope that there isn't a stray bullet flying around otherwise you guys will be your own blowee-uppee party. LOL We need you guys around to save the day.

Everyone, take one giant step back.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  07:19:20  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Arte and Apple give their report to Colonel Richmond, including Apple's diagnosis from her doctor. She has told Col Richmond that she can still be active in the investigation, she can read lips. He is dubious.*

Col. Richmond:"Agent Byrne, I think that this is not a good idea. If you are ambushed, you will not know what is going on. I can't risk your life like that, not with your hearing compromised."

Apple:"With all due respect colonel, we may have put my family in danger with this case. I feel the responsibility to carry on to the end. It is my sworn duty to protect them and this country."

Colonel Richmond is hesitant.

Arte:"If it will help sir, I think that I have something that can help Apple with her hearing loss." He produces a small cone formed of ceramic. "It works much like a horn that the elderly use to hear when their hearing is not as it used to be. If you will permit me Apple?" He has turned her to face him so that she understands, and motions that he wants to put it in her ear.

She nods her assent and Artemus gently places the cone in her right ear, and using a small bit of adhesive, it stays in place.

Arte:"Can you hear anything, Apple?" She smiles at him widely.

Apple:"Oh yes, Artemus! Oh yes!" She looks at Col. Richmond, "What do you say sir? This invention of Arte's is a great help, although it is not perfect, I could make out his voice and what he was saying."

Colonel Richmond is still uncertain. "Let me test the capacity, first." He strides across the room. "Keep her from looking at me, Gordon. Apple repeat what I say...West, Gordon, Pet, Kitana, Pidgeon, Apple."

Apple:"West, Gordon, Pet, Kitana, Pidgeon, Apple." She looks at Arte after she repeats the list. He smiles and she returns it, then they turn to the Colonel, expectantly.

Col. Richmond:sighs, then "I should know better...all right. she can stay on the case, as long as her hearing is worthy. The doctor said that she is improving at a steady rate. All right." He throws his hands in the air, then takes his leave.

Apple:"Thank you so much Arte! This is wonderful! I don't have to be on medical leave!"

Arte admonishes her:"Yet, Apple, you don't have to be on medical leave yet...just be certain that you take care, and of course I will keep you in my sights, partner...Mrs. Gordon." He winks at her.

Apple:"Of course, partners always take care of partners, Mr. Gordon."

They laugh and discuss their next move.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  07:50:28  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BSB and Jim arrive at the site where the hotel was. Of course, the hotel is not there anymore, thanks to all the explosives. BSB gets of her horse and Jim follows.
Jim'You haven't said a word to me since we left, its just us now so we don't have to cover.'
BSB'I know.'
Jim'And when the whole fiasco is over with, we will talk about it.'
BSB'Jim, I thought we settled this some years ago.'
Jim'No we didn't and I will have to say you and I have done a pretty good act of not knowing each other before this assignment.'
BSB'I haven't told anybody, have you?'
Jim shook his head
Jim'Not even Artie.'
They began going through the rubble,looking for signs. BSB also was keeping it from Jim what Kit had given her in the note.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  07:53:50  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC:again I must relay this message: Snerk! Which simply put, means that i should not being drinking hot tea when i am reading this thread!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  07:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

What's snerk???

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  07:57:13  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
laughing really hard, so hard that a snort is emitted

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  08:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to stop reading this at work my boss thinks i'm nuts for just laughing out loud.... I am also in a good mood cause July 6th I will be watching Monty Python's Spamalot in Dallas YAY!!!! ok that said back to the thread

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  08:23:42  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BSB stopped picking through the rubble and read Kit's note again. She was glad that Jim decided to keep his mouth shut about the past, but why did he want to talk about it again? It was over and had been over for years. Who knew that they would wind up in the Secret Service together? And Jim hadn't changed a bit.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  08:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Col Richmond walks out of the train, things were not looking good one agent injured another MIA and a thrid so mad a West she wanted to kill him, ot to mention this whole Married thing from Pidgeon he was begining to think this rag tag group would not work out and he would have to split the ladies up*

Meanwhile
*Jim looks at BSB he really wanted to talk with her but thought better of it. he noticed her reading something and spoke* "What did you find?"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet rides hard and fast toward her destination. When she nears the spot she had last seen Kit she stops and looks around. Slinding down from the saddle she reaches into her saddle bag to retreive her optical device to enable her to see any trail kit might have left with the things she had with her. Pet sees a bullet graze on her saddle but nothing on her saddlebag.

"I sure am glad Kit and I made these saddle bags bullet proof! If this bullet had hit a regular bag...oh the blowie upie would have been spectacular!"

Not finding Kit in the immediate area was a good sign, maybe Kit had not been that badly injured, Pet thought. She found a trail and mounting her horse she rode off in search of her fellow agent.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:24:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Kit's horse had stopped not far from its fallen rider and was grazing. Anyone not looking closly would believe the rider dead the graze had left a trail of blood now dry down her cheek. Kit groan softly but she didn't move much taking mental not of what might be broken falling from a horse at a full run was not the easiest way to dismount.*

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet rides slowly along seeing the trail weavinb around.

"This isn't good, she must have been injured," Pet thought as she stopped to look around.

Off by the side of the road she sees Kit's horse nibbleing grass and runs at a full gallop toward it. She slides out of the saddle and checks the horse finding a similar graze on Kit's saddle but her saddle bag is likewise untouched.

"We have to make these for the rest of the group. I know Artie will be pleased," a smile crosses her face only to be replaced by fear...

She sees Kit lying in the grass not far from her horse. Pet rund to her and turns her over. There is a bullet graze on her temple. Pet retrieves her field med kit and cleans her up. Using the smelling salts Pet brings Kit around.

"Hey you okay?" Pet asks.
"Where does it hurt other than your head?"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Kit ways off the smelling salts and once her vision clears she sits up on her own all be it slwoly* "Yeah, Man that hurt"
*Places her heand to her head* "what a headache, hey Pet do me a favor remind me to stop my horse next time. Every where but it doesn't feel like anything is broken, How is my horse?"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Your horse is fine, here drink this..." Pet hands Kit some headache powders.

"Not to be pushy or anything, but do you think you can ride? We need to get to nowehere and find BSB and Jim. And before you say it hear me out."

"The Colonel isn't too pleased we are at each other's throats I'm sure so we have to at least play nice or we're sure to be split up."

"I say we go to Nowhere, help BSB and Jim. On the way there we can discuss Jim and maybe come to some sort of understanding on how to tolerate him until we can have a sit down with him and get this worked out."

Pet helps Kit stand.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*kit stood, brushing herself off she realized that was useless* Thanks Pet and yep I am always ready to ride...

*She mounted her horse the headache powders begining to help.*

OK so how are we going to play nice nice to that... *she smiled* Man ?

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Jim noticed BSB was ignoring him ao he grabbed her by the arms and spun her around* OK I know you are avoiding me but what are you reading??

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Well, I think we should just act like we have talked it over on the ride there...which we are. And that we came to the conclusion that for the good of the group we will give him another chance," Pet replied with an evil grin.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Idea *Notices her grin* and what is that evil grin for? I have seen that before haven't I ?

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim couldn't help it being this close to BSB he leaned in and kissed her before she could answer

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:53:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pidge joins Arte and Apple in the parlor and the three have lunch. Apple needs more informations from Pidge (HINT!!)

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet looks at Kit and says "Oh I think it's high time someone set Mr. West straight on the fact that the world does not revolve around him among other things. And until we have the oportunity to do so we are going to so nice he will be watching his back every time we are around!" Pet smirked.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  09:54:51  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

Jim couldn't help it being this close to BSB he leaned in and kissed her before she could answer

OOC: this could be construed as enabling, if i remember right!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

Pidge joins Arte and Apple in the parlor and the three have lunch. Apple needs more informations from Pidge (HINT!!)

OOC:
ROTFL. I don't know yet. I'm making it up as I go along.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:22:56  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: me too, and not very well!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

OOC: me too, and not very well!

Oh poo! You are doing fine now jsut remember what we discussed and everything will be fine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000