Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  15:26:21  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ooh! good good good!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  15:59:04  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess was in her room having finished dressing. She'd studied the layout and "her" room good. She had found everything. Then she heard an odd noise outside her window. Grabbing her pistol, she pointed the gun toward the window. She saw who it was. It was Jim making a motion for her to open the window,which she did. Jim slipped inside.

Bess'What are you doing here? Oh I see the great Jim West has come to arrest me right? I wouldn't let you arrest Pidge so now you've come to get me for AWOL right?'
Jim'Bess, I know why you're here and I knew you weren't a traitor.'
Bess'How did you find me?'
Jim'Remember that picture of your Grandma Bess?'
Bess'You found it, and knew the code in the note. I didn't want you or anything getting back to my family that I was supposedly a traitor.'
Jim' I always knew you weren't?'
Bess'Now Jim why are you here?'
Jim'Well the new Mrs Artemus Gordon needed to get a message to your sister.'
Bess'The new Mrs Artemus Gordon? What? Who?'
Jim'Pet and Artie were married yesterday.'
Bess'I told you long ago there's something about the water on that train.'

A knock interrupted their conversation.
'Miss,'said the voice through the door.'Dinner is served.'
Bess'Tell Papa I'll be down directly.'

Bess whispered back to Jim. 'You better get out.'
Bess got Jim out and headed downstairs for dinner.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  17:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will fix it... I get the Pe at the begining confused ... sorry.....

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  18:50:44  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*As Apple and Pidge are admiring Petunia's new jewelry, a uniformed gentleman enters. He shakes hands with Jeremy and stands to speak with him casually. Artemus realizes that the gentleman has arrived and welcomes him.*

Artemus:"Wade! Great to see you after so long! How are you?" he exclaims in that booming voice. He has been friends with Captain Wade for many years.

Captain Wade:"Well much better, now that I can show myself around here! Apples first undercover assignment was tough on both of us, what with her having a new husband!" He and Artemuslaugh, then continue chatting with Jeremy. Suddenly Apple sees her husband.

Apple:"Ladies, you must meet my one true love!" she giggles like a schoolgirl as she skips across the room to her husband. She throws her arms around his neck and kisses him soundly. "Oh I HAVE missed you!"

Captain Wade returns his wife's kiss without a thought to the rest of the party staring. Artemus finally coughs a little to get their attention:"*ahem* Wade, if I could, I would like to introduce you to my...wife." He smiles at Pet as he takes her hand in his. Captain Wade pulls away from Apple for just a second to look, confused, at Artemus.

Captain Wade:"Your...wife? Apple never said that you were married, nor even engaged. I think that she would have mentioned..." He looks to his wife for an answer. Apple smiles at him, then laughs.

Apple:"Oh sweetheart, I would have told you, had I known. Theirs is a real life whirlwind romance! They are so alike these two!" Her eyes show great happiness, both for Arte and Pet, and Captain Wade and herself.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  19:25:39  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr Cumberland and Kit(mary) were already seated when Bess(katie) cam in. She took her place at the dinner table. She was glad to see that Mary and Katie had good taste in food.

Kit and Bess had previously discussed what they would say about the trip to Europe. They talked of how England was damp and cold. How beautiful Paris was in the spring and such.

By the time for dessert, Sam made an annoucement.
Sam'I'm not suppose to tell you this Katie dear, but your beau Jack Killian will be here in just a moment. I'm telling you this because you have to do it. Jack is going to ask you to marry him and you will say yes.'
Kit'Papa, don't talk to her like that, she may be my little sister but she is grown enough to make her own decisions.'
Bess just stared at him turning different shades of pale. There had only been a few lines about Mr Killian in the dossier she'd been given.
Sam'If you don't do this I will disinherit you.'
Bess knew she'd have to not argue and to keep her cover.
Bess'Yes, papa.'

The doorbell rang. The butler annouced Mr Killian had arrived.
Jack shook hands with Sam and kissed Kit's hand.
Jack'There you are, I have missed you so much.'
Jack took Bess's hand and got down on one knee.
Jack'Katie Cumberland, will you marry me?'
Bess gave the moment a dramatic cause.
Bess/Katie'Yes, Jack yes I'll marry you.'
Jack kissed her on the cheek and joined them for dessert. After dessert, Sam and Jack bid goodnight to the two ladies as they had things to discuss. Kit and Bess noticed the butler,Mr Shivers, slip out the door. It looked like they were going to need some help.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  19:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A man came into the dining hall and stopped when he saw Kit she looked she had seen him before but couldn't place him.
"Charles what are you staring at you have seen my daughter Mary before."

"yes sir it has been awhile. I just wanted to let you know that we helped Mr. Shivers to the train he is on his way."

"Thank you charles"

Kit hid her suprise “Father where was Mr. Shivers going?”

"His mother grew ill and he had to leave."

Kit did not like where this conversation was going she started to ask another quesion when Katie’s Fiancé spoke “I know you ladies have had a long day and tomorrow will be busy I am sure catching up with all of your friends, Your father and I have something to discuss.”

They both nodded and headed up to thier rooms Kit followed Bess to hers and they closed the door.
“Married ok this is getting out of hand.We have to push thsi wedding off as long as possible and we wont be getting anyhelp from Shivers I am afraid so as of Right now we are on our own."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  19:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bess check you e-mail

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  20:02:25  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess whispered loudly'I'm not repeat NOT getting married, no way, now Shivers is gone, what is that other man looking at you strangely?'
Kit'I've seen him somewhere, but I just can't remember where.'
Bess'Why didn't Pres Grant mention this or Col Richmond? I'm telling you right now, I'll be the runaway bride, like I told Jim earlier, its something in the water on that train.'
Kit'You saw Jim too?'
Bess'Yes, he came in my bedroom window to let me know he knew I was not a traitor he found my coded message.'
Kit'Message?'
Bess'Yea, he's the only other one that knows it. I always leave it behind my picture of my grandmother, in case anything ever happens, we've got to get word to the rest of them to come here immediately, that maniac who's suppose to be our father is marrying me off so he can own all the gold mines.
Kit shook her head and looked at Bess. She also noticed she was rubbing her shoulder.
Kit'Hows that shoulder? and sit down you're making me nervous.'
Bess'How do you think I feel. Looks like I'm going to be Mrs Jack Killian.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  20:07:45  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kit,,,check yours......

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  20:09:30  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and her husband, Marine Captain Wade, take their leave of the small group gathered. The pair walk among a grove of fruit trees a few hundred yards away from the hotel. They are stealing kisses as they talk over the happenings of the past month since Apple's promotion to field agent. They laugh over the sham marriage, and how her father reacted when he saw the June 8 Courier. Luckily Wade had been with his father in law when he found the article, so he could explain. Wade then voices his concerns when he hears about her hearing being compromised.*

Apple assuages his concern:"Wade, I am fine. There is always something to worry about when you are an agent for the government...how do you think I have felt when you are on manuevers? Why do you think that I decided to study at SS school? You were having so much adventure, and I was stuck in the library. "

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  20:14:05  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wade understands that his wife wants adventure. He knows that there is another case brewing, and that Apple will be on assignment again.

Wade:"What if I were to request a transfer to SS? What would you think of that?"

Apple:"Wade, I don't know...you have worked so hard in the Marines, to earn your command. My assignments aren't that long..." Apple becomes a bit agitated. Maybe she hasn't thought this job through completely?

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  20:23:34  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kit gave Bess some sleeping powders to help with her shoulder.

On her way to her own room,she ran into her 'father'.
Sam'Is anything wrong with you or Katie?'
Kit'No papa,just all the excitement.'
Sam'Well hang on, tomorrow the wedding annoucement will be all over the papers.'
Kit bid her 'father' good night and smiled to herself. She knew help would be coming soon, due to that annoucement.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  21:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple and Capt. Wade were just coming back in from their walk in the grove when Artie decided it was time to take his wife upstairs the doctor would be livid if he found out Pet was getting anything but rest.

"My friends..." Artie began, "while this has been a most lovely way to spend time I really do need to take my wife upstairs so she can get some rest." Jeremy and Capt. Wade snickered and Apple poked him in the ribs.

"The Doctor wants Pet to get plenty of rest and I intend to see she gets it. So if you don't mind...my wife and I will take our leave." Artie tightened his embrace on Pet and pointed her in the diretion of the stairs when he turned back to the happy group.

"We'll be going now...and NO ONE need bother us unless the hotel is on fire untl breakfast. Pet needs her sleep."

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  21:33:14  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and Captain Wade take their leave as well, Apple hugging Petunia and giving a kiss to Artemus.*

Apple:"Well Mr and Mrs Gordon, we will see you in the morning...hey, that is strange, saying that to someone else!" Apple and Artemus get a kick out of this reference to their undercover work, but Pet and Wade just roll their eyes at their spouses.

CW:"Congratulations Artemus, and Best wishes to you Pet. May you be as happy as Apple and I have been all these years!"

Arte and Pet thank Wade and Apple, then the four part ways in the upstairs hallway.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  04:56:15  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sam Cumberland was right about the annoucement being in every paper. The maids had left a stack of newspapers by Bess and Kit' bedroom doors.

HEADLINE

Gold millionare has annouced the upcoming marriage of his daugher, Miss Kate Charlotte Cumberland to John Killian. Details of this will be in this afternoon's issue.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  06:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Col Richmond was awoken to a loaud knocking on his door. The pounding continued until he made it to the door, he opened it to see a very tired, agent he stepped back
"Miles come it what is it?"

"Sir, Shivers was found this morning floating the the San Fransico bay.

Richmoond cursed under his breath and went to telegraph the train.

Jim on the train had just picked up the paper when the telegraph went off. He turned and listened.. he typed back an acknowledgement and Exeited the train headed straight for the hotel the others had to know and quick....

HE banged on Artie's door first and as he came to the door he told him the news and that he had someting for Pet and if she was well enough to go on this assignment.

Apple was awake and reading the paper when she heard the commotion next door

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  06:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Ok. I'm joining in the land of confused. Is this party in a hotel or back on the train? Wherever it is, Pidge is there.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  06:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(They left to go to the hotel the couples.. Jim was on the train....)

Pidge who was also on the train was looking closly at the picture in the paper "this Katie Cumberland looks just like Bess" She spoke out loud and Jim stopped his converstaion with Artie

"thats why here and Kit were chosen for this assignment they are psoing as the Man's daughters"

Pidge Saw apple come out and she went to inform her

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  06:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Pidge hope that helps)

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  06:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge: "Apple, look at this." She shows her the notice in the paper.

Apple picks up the paper and makes a small gasp. "Is that who I think it is?"

Jim: "They are undercover but I think that perhaps we should send in some reinforcements, ladies. Would you like the honors?"

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  06:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet and Artie enter their hotel room. They embrace and Pet says, "I need to go and freshen up, my dear."

Artie smiles and says, "Take your time but not too long."

Pet smiles back and goes to the adjoining room.

As she shuts the door a hand reaches from behind her with a chloroformed handkerchief and covers her mouth. Pet collapses and is carried out through a window.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  07:17:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Kit finished the breakfeast that was brought to her and dressed in a light blue dress, she put her hair up but left two curls on one side. after adjusting her matching hat she put on her gloves and picked up her purse and went to Bess' room she knocked lightly*

"Katie I have arranged with father for us to go to town on a shopping trip."

Bess/Katie "give me just a minute Mary."

In a minute she opend the door, and was dressed in a light yellow dress her hair pulled back with a neat yellow hat and matching purse and gloves.

They walked down the stairs to the awaiting carriage, Kit saw Charles standing next to Sam "Charles will accompany you both two town."

Kit looked at her father "Of course. Thank you Charles for helping us."

"Its my plaesure Miss."

As they climbed into the carriage Sam took Charles aside. "Keep an eye on her"

"I will Sir, at least there is no question about Katie."

He nodded and sam climbed into the seat next to the driver.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  08:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

Pet and Artie enter their hotel room. They embrace and Pet says, "I need to go and freshen up, my dear."

Artie smiles and says, "Take your time but not too long."

Pet smiles back and goes to the adjoining room.

As she shuts the door a hand reaches from behind her with a chloroformed handkerchief and covers her mouth. Pet collapses and is carried out through a window.

Oh how rude! I'm a newlywed for Pete's sake snerk.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  08:34:44  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess whispered to Kit in the carriage.
Bess'I don't like this driver, there is something about him, we're going to ditch him and ask him to come back later.'
Kit agreed.
Bess'Charles,please stop at that dress shop on the corner.'

Charles stopped the carriage and let both women out.
Kit'Charles why don't you meet us in a few hours, we've got to find Katie a dress, dresses for the engagment parties and my maid of honor dress,'
Bess'That's right, its going to take several hours.'
Charles didn't looked to pleased but took the carriage out of sight. As soon as the carriage was out of sight, Bess and Kit went into the first dress shop, only Kit went out the back door of the shop, heading for the telegraph office.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  08:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles watched from the street he trusted Katie but something was diffrent about Mary, she was to confident not the shy woman he remebered before the trip, and he had seen those eyes before he just knew it.

Kit headed to the telegraph office and sent a quick coded message.Waited for the recived end and quickly left. Charles fowwed her as she made her way back to the dress shop, he was far enough back to keep from being noticed. He would tell sam about this and anything else he came up with.

Back in the dress shop Kit Found Bess "I sent the message Jereemy recived it I left word not to reply, I was follwed though by charles so the cover story will be that I sent a message to some school friends of ours. I have seen Charles somewhere before but I can't place him."

Meanwhile Jeremey recived the message and went straight to the hotel He saw everyone except Pet converged in t he hall. "Hey guys we have got to get to San Faransico just recived a telegram, This are getting wierd with our two agents."

Jim Speaks up "I know I recived word this morning that thier contact has benn murdered. Where is Pet? we need to know who all is going?"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  08:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim Looks at apple and Pidge "I have a cover for you two if you are willing to help plan a wedding?"

He looks at pidge hoping he hasn't said anything to hurt her

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  09:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim: "For that matter where is Artie, Apple and Capt. Wade?"

At that moment Artie hears the commotion in the other room and shouting he bursts through the door. Apple and Capt. Wade hear and come rushing in to see if they can help.

Artie sees someone trying to get Pet out the window and rushes over and hits him.

Capt. Wade and Apple burst in. Seeing what's happening Capt. Wade helps Artie subdue the would be kidnapper and Apple rushes to Pet.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  09:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie leaves Capt. Wade to interrogate the prisoner as he rushes to his wife's side. Apple tells him she appears to be chlorofomed but all right.

"That's it. Pet needs rest and its obvious she won't get that here. We are leaving today on the first stage or train out of here. We're going to San Francisco." Artie glares at the intruder and Capt. Wade tell him to get tell Jim.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  09:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim comes in and looks at Artie "Well if you want rest I would nout Suggest San Fransico, we are headed on assignment there... We have two Agents in trouble out that way and we don't need you and your love sick head in the way...."

He saw artemus' look and spoke "I am sorry Artemus but with approval from Col Richmond I removing both you and Pet from active duty. You are more conserned about her than your fellow agents and she more about you. I can't have either of you out there with your heads not in the job sorry"

He stepped out into the hallway waiting on the others

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  09:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Well, we already had reservations for a hotel there so we'll still be going. But I'm going to be taking care of Pet so you're right, Jim. We'll stay out of your way." He looked at his wife then back to his partner.

Apple patted Pet's arm and told her see you in San Fran if I know you." Pet grinned.

Capt. Wade brought the prisoner out into the hall and Apple and Jeremy followed leaving Artie and Pet to prepare to leave on their honeymoon.

"Artie, are you upset that we were pulled from the case?"

"What? No don't be rediculous...you come first, sweetheart." Pet studied her husbans face carefully.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000