Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:21:00  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was then Pidge noticed Bess's left hand.
Pidge pointing to the ring'What is that?'
Bess'My engagment ring, it was presented to me just before you and Apple arrived. I don't know about you but I'm tired of this marriage stuff for a long long time.'
Bess noticed the saddened look in Pidge's eyes.
Bess'Sorry Pidge, I didn't mean you.'
Jeremy and Apple came back into the library, then Sam Cumberland came in behind them.'
Sam'Katie and Jack lets go into my office for a moment. Please excuse us ladies, do make yourself at home.

Jack reached over and took Katie/Bess's hand.
Jack'Are you ok?'
Bess/Katie'What do you think?'
Jack'Did something happpen in Europe you are not acting yourself.'
Bess/Katie'I'm sorry, I'm just in shock.'
Jack'Of course darling, I love you, you know that,'
Bess/Katie'Yes, I love you to.'
They entered Sam Cumberland's office.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

Jim walked out of the mansion a heavy weight on his heart. he made it to the hotel and found the room he started to knock and then stopped how could he tell them this. He knocked.....

Artie Opened the door "James-my-boy, Glad you could...." He stopped when he saw the look in Jim's green eyes. "Jim what is it."

"Artie we need you and Pet, Kit is dead"

"what" he took a step back "What happened?"

"Bess is sure it was Cumberland, although he claims it was a fever. Listen Artie I am going to check out the mortuary... There is an engagement party tomorrow night you and Pet need to be there, unless you here from me"

Artie noded "Jim becareful we don't need to lose anyone else"

Jim left and found the mortuary.

Artie walked back into the bedroom and wondered how he would tell Pet about this.

He better do it VERY carefully or Pet will come unglued. (I'll post it in a second)

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie approached Pet and sat on the bed beside her. He took her hand and looked into her eyes. How am I going to tell her that one of her best friends is dead?

"Pet, sweetheart, I have some news for you that isn't going to be very easy to take..."

"Artie, what is it?" Pet sat up frightened.

"Sweetheart, Jim just told me that...well...sweetheart it's Kit..."

"What's wrong with Kit?" Pet was getting fearful for her friend.

"There really is no easy way to say this...Kit is dead." Pet just stared at her husband in disbelief then broke down crying.

Artie took her in his arms and held her tight he knew Pet was strong but with everything that had been happening she needed this release. He held her and kissed her head and talked softly to her until she was able to get herself under control. Finally she looked at him the fear and sadness gone, replaced by anger.

"We need to find the one/ones responsible and make them pay!"

"We can't sweetheart, we're off the case." Artie reminded her.

"Well, no one said anything about looking around town we just don't have to tell them what it's for." Pet glared. Artie swelled with pride at his wife's resillience and resolve.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:52:37  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sam Cumberland sat behind his desk and motioned for Jack and Bess/Katie to sit on the chairs by the desk..
Sam'As you see, I know this is a most unfortunate time, but Mary told me just before she passed away,that she wanted everything to go on as usual.'
Bess/K'She knew she was dying?'
Sam'No, she was just talking but we must grant her wishes, you will do that won't you Katie? We will have a short service for Mary the day after tomorrow. Katie, you look exhausted, I think you need to go to bed.'
Bess'Yes, papa yes papa.'
Jack took Katie from the room.

A secret passageway opened, Charles the new butler/driver came into the office.
Sam'Yes, Charles, did you arrange it?'
Charles'Yes sir, during the party tommorrow, the minister will show up and she'll be Mrs Jack Killian.'
Sam'Say nothing to no one, we're just going to act like the wedding is still being planned.
Charles exited from the room. Sam Cumberland smiled. By this time tomorrow, he'd be able to own the entire United States. Too bad poor Jack and Katie didn't have a clue of his intentions. But as soon as the minister would say pronouce them man and wife, he planned on sending them on a long, long, honeymoon.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim found the Moutuary and noticed the DR who had been at the mansion climb up next to the driver. He followed them out away from the city and to the mines. He watched from the distance as best he could in the Dark he noticed the Hearse and the Dr and followed them back into town, he would have to wait til morning to check out the mines and why it was important for them to come out here.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:08:51  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jack'Katie, you do look exhausted, do you mind if I go home?'
Katie'No, its ok really,I'll be fine besides we've got this house full of these people and I must honor Mary's wishes.'
As Bess said her name, Jack noticed tears in her eyes.
Bess blinked away the tears and lead Jack to the door.
Jack hugged her and kissed her goodbye. She was starting to figure out Jack. She didn't think he was involved in this. He just seemed too much of a puppet for Sam Cumberland.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:17:28  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess went back into the house and saw Sam.
Sam'I thought you were going to bed.'
Bess'I will in a minute, I need to be alone for awhile. I'm going to sit the garden a few minutes.'
Cumblerland nodded and went upstairs.
Bess told Pidge and Apple that she was going outside to the garden, but needed to be alone. She sat down on the bench in the garden putting her head in hands. At first it was just a few silent tears, but finally the tears came gushing. She cried and cried. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder.
Bess'I told you I wanted to be alone,'not looking to see who it was.
It was Jim.
Jim'You may have told everybody else, but you didn't tell me.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: can't wait to see what happens)

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:29:32  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess looked up at him.
Bess'Go away and leave me alone, I'm just out here waiting.'
Jim'Waiting for what?'
Bess'I'm getting ready to go in and put some bullets in Sam's brain, that;s what I'm going to do.'
She popped the derringer in her sleeve.
Jim grabbed her arm.
Jim'Bess, you cant do this, we're too close to getting this fool, if I have to, I will lock you in your room until morning then tell Sam you need to go to the mental hospital.'
Bess glared at him.
Jim'Try me, just try me.'
Bess reluctantly gave him the derringer.
Jim'Now will you behave and go to bed.'
Bess went to her room, knowing Jim was right. And when she finally got her hands on Sam...she'd make him pay what he did to Kit and to his late wife.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with kit!

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:32:04  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC.....Not much this time but who knows...if Pet can marry Artie....

That's it for me tonite. Its been lots of fun. Talk to everybody tomorrow!

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim watched Bess go up to her room. He knew how she felt it was all he could do to keep from killing the man himself, But revenge is a dish best served cold. He put the derrainger away and checked on Apple and Pidge they seemed to be holding it together so far. There would be time to mourn later Jim had sent Jeremey to the telegraph office to inform Col Richmond of what was going on and that they would make thier move on Sam Cumberland very soon. He also asked that Jeremey keep and eye on the Charles fellow that Bess spoke of. They would bring both men to justice for this, two agents dead in less than two days this had to stop.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  20:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this does not look well for our agents uhm more soon? I know I know I'll get to me and Artie soon I promise.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  04:55:29  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The next morning.
Bess had not had much sleep. Sh'd just dozed off a few minutess each time. The she would get up and started pacing. When daylight camed,she got an idea and rang for the maid.

The maid Muguelita answered a call. Bess was curious. A new maid now?
Bess/Katie'Is my father home?'
Miguelita'No, he left a few hours ago.'
Bess/Katie 'Thats fine, would you please arrange for breakfast to be served in the garden for myself and our guests.'
Miguelita'Certianly, and I will inform your guests.'
Bess/Katie'Thank you.'
Miguelita'I'm very sorry about Mis Mary,'
Bess/K' Thank you for your condelences,'
Miguelita casually slipped her a note, Bess nodded and Miguelita left the room.
Bess read the note and began to dress for breafast.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  06:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On The front page of the paper the headlines read

Mary Cumberland Eldest Daughter to Mine Moguel Sam
Cumberland Suddenly past away last night at the home of her father. Services will be tomorrow at the Medows Funeral Home.
Her youngest sister Katie, per her sisters last wishes will carry on the wedding to Jack Killian Heair to the southwest mines.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  06:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple and Pidge rise from bed with bags under their eyes from lack of sleep and crying. They sit on the edge of their beds and look at each other.

Pidge: "This really stinks, Apple. How are we supposed to play our part with Kit dead?"

Apple: "I don't know, Pidge but we've got to do it. At least, this will give us an opportunity to scout around and see what we can find."

Pidge: " Good idea. But let's separate for this. Do you want the kitchen, the gardens or the rest of the house? We need to look at papers and for any hidden stairways. We have to really be snoops here and see if we can listen in on any conversations."

Apple: "Give me the kitchen and the gardens. You take the rest of the house under pretense of decorating."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  06:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple and Pidge decide to really play up their part and get dressed in some of their finest. They put on some light make-up and coif their hair.

Now they are ready to go downstairs and have breakfast. On the way down they're going to scout around a little bit, listening for conversations.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  06:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Apple walk quietly through the halls, listening at doors. The first four doors there was nothing special going on but the fifth door had the Father talking with an unknown man.

He was making arrangements to have all of Jack's holdings turned over in his name.

"It's got to be the lawyer," whispered Apple.

The father was saying that once the two were wed, he would either trick or force Jack to sign the papers stating that everything would go to him should they die.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get up early to go to a doctor's appointment and this is all I get? snerk Fine then Artie and I are going to the Doctor we'll see you ladies when we get back

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

What do you mean "This is all I get?"

Snerkles.

We're on page 70, for pete's sake!!

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That morning Jeremey follwed Charles out to the mine, he waited just outside as mine workers went in. Jeremey dirtied up his shirt and trousours and made his way in with the rest of the miners he broke away from the group down one dark tunnel following Charles. Charles entered a heavy steel door and it slammed shut. Jeremey walked up to the door but could hear nothing.

Inside the room tied to the middle of the room in a standing postion was a very tired but very much alive Kit. Charles walked around to face her.

"Slept well I hope?"

"Why are you doing this if my father finds out..."
He cut her off "He knows and he put you here, you are not his daughter, you are the Dr from the tents during the war I wouldn't forget those eyes.. you should have been shot then impersinating an Army Officer"

"I was given a stay if i promised not to do it again, Charles I remember you now you served with me under Dr Kimble, if I remeber correctly you couldn't cut it."

"I could to any human would have broken down in that situation."

"Only you did charles"

"Shut up" He slapt her hard across the face. "who sent you and where is the real Mary."

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"You will talk I promise you that." He pulled out a whip and stood behind her.

Jeremey could hear nothing in the room and had to leave when he was caught by the mining boss. He made his way back out and waited.About an hour later Charles left and headed back to town Jeremey followed.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Hey I just now got a chance to post

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:44:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Holy mackeral! there is some real depth to this story! I love it!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:59:38  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple and Pidge stare at each other for a second at this news. Suddenly they hear someone coming. Apple makes a hasty exit to the garden, while Pidge appears to be measuring for decorating purposes.*

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  08:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge has her glasses on measuring the distance between doors and making notes in her notepad. She purses her lips as if she is making calculations. The father comes out of his office and stares at Pidge.

"How long have you been there?" he demands.

Clarice/Pidge looks up at him with pursed lips and says, "As long as it takes to get these dimensions, sir. We're going to bring in yards and yards of beautiful garlands and drape them along with special
material imported from Paris. When your guests see this they will absolutely drip with envy."

The father narrows his eyes, grunts a little and walks downstairs.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  08:14:53  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Pidge joins Apple in the gardens, where she is deciding what flowers they will add to the beautiful array that is already blooming.*

Pidge:"That was close. Sam suspected something, but I mentioned that he will be the envy of his guests, and that distracted him.

Apple:"Good. We must be very careful 'Clarice'. We can't lose anyone else...I know that it is a strong possibility with each job we take, but..." She is cut off by a male voice.

"What is a strong possiblity, Mrs. Hamilton?" Apple stares at the gentleman. "It is Mrs. Hamilton, isn't it? I'm sorry if I am mistaken." Sam's lawyer asked.

Apple:"Er...there is a strong possiblility that one day a bride or groom will decide that they do not want to get married, with each wedding that we plan we risk that possibility...and all of our work would be for nothing." Apple came up with an explanation almost without thinking.

Lawyer:"Well, that is NOT a possibility this time. Kate will be married, it was her sister's wish that she follow through no matter what."

Pidge/Clarice:"Of course, we were not talking about Kate in this instance, however in light of her recent bereavement..."

Lawyer:"NO! I told you, this is her sister's wish." He gave them a look that said that there would be no more discussion, then took his leave.

Apple:"I think that a trip to town, a visit to the florist, perhaps, would be in order for later this afternoon." in a whisper:"I have to do some research, 'Clarice', when I get back I will let you know what I find out." In a normal voice:"I will leave after lunch."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  08:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sam walked down the stairs and went straight to his study, Charles would be back soon and he hoped with some information.

Mrs Fields found Both Apple and Clarice and told them that Breakfest waited in the garden and Miss Katie wished to see them.

Charles came in through the secret entrance.
"well?" Sam asked
"Nothing yet sir, she is a stubborn woman, I Would still be there but she passed out on me. I will return in a few hours, Milly is making sure she will be awake. However she did admitt to being who I thought she was, but she claims she is here of her own accord that I do not believe."

"Thank you Charles" Charles left the way he came in... Sam decided he would get the good Dr to help him with this imposter, he summoned for him under the pretense that Katie was having difficulty sleeping.

Jeremey meet Jim just outside the garden and t old what he had found out and that he had no idea what was in the room but Charles stayed there a good hour, Once this was done Jim sent Jeremey to find artie and pet to see if they had discovered anything.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  08:39:35  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is what apple is going to do...she can join Jeremy...I will take care of it when pet returns from her reallife dr appt. If you have something specific, email me and I can write it, kit.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  08:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Okies....... I am having way to much fun with this story

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  08:46:58  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

OOC: Okies....... I am having way to much fun with this story

NO! Really? I would never have guessed! it is great, and very surprising...love the whip...scary stuff. but good...DR. Kitana Montgomery...love it.

So i am signing off for a while to get kids from Bible School and to get updated on Emma's arm...i will keep in touch, leave Jeremy apple, pet and arte to us...thanks

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000