Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  19:51:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clarice/Pidge stands outside the door and tries to listen as best she can. She hears the sound of voices rising and falling but can't make out the words. Everytime someone walks nearby, she pretends to be measuring.

She is starting to get nervous.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  08:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Capt. Wade and Apple walk hand in hand toward one cliff and look over, the Capt. scanning the area below while Artie and Pet chose another spot. Both couples played their parts of couples in love while secretly searching the are for possible places Kit could be. Capt. Wade had an idea and they discussed it over dinner. And they would take a "stroll" before supper.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  08:06:27  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess was suprised when jerked he into the chair. She noticed Jack also sitting there. Jack reached out and rubbed her hand. The old fool had already did a tirade on him, no it was Bess's turn.

Bess/Katie'What's going on Papa? I just went to get a nice dress for tonight, and my wedding dress was already at the shop.'
Sam'That's right dear, you're getting married tonight.'
Bess/Katie'Tonight?' How what?!'
Sam nodded toward Jack, we think its best to go on with this, after Mary's service tomorrow, you can on to your honeymoon and will help you get over all these tragic events of the past few days, excluding your wedding plans.'
Jack pulled a thick schedule from his suit pocket.
Jack.'Your father has scheduled this for around the world, look, just look.'
And it was all there, the train tickets to New York and the ship to take them to Europle.
Sam'Now this is what will happen, you two will both appear as the engaged couple, sneak away for a few moments, change into your wedding attire and I'll inform the guests. Just think you two, tomorrow you'll be Mr and Mrs Jack Killian.'
Katie/Bess'Yes, papa.' Jack noticed a strange edge to her voice. He'd noticed it since she'd come back from Europe. Was this really his Katie? He had loved her from childhood and thought he new her inside and out.

Sam emerged from the library with Jack.
Sam'Katie, were going to Jack's to finalize a few things, will you inform the wedding planners. And I sent a message to Mr West to bring your wedding rings.'

Sam and Jack left the house. Bess had to find Pidge and fast.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  08:30:57  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess found Pidge.
Bess/Katie'Please come to my room, I have an idea about the reception.'
Pidge/Clarice'Yes we'll see dear we'll see.'
Bess got to the bedroom and ahut the door behind Pidge.
Pidge'What is going on?'
Bess'That maniac is marrying me off tonight, it just ordered Jack and me to marry! He just sent someone to tell Mr. West to make sure to bring the wedding rings. I know he's not going to let me out of this house. Pidge you've got to go over to hotel and tell everybody what's going on. And by the way, I figured out Jack is not involved in this, his only crime is loving Katie, and he'll get her back soon. But you tell everybody, to save Sam Cumberland's last breath for me. I want to personally make his last moment as miserable as possible.'
Pidge'Are you ok?'
Bess'Yes, I will be...please go.'
Pidge headed down the stairs with Bess behind her. The doorbell rang.
Bess saw the maid jump to answer it but motioned to her she would get it. When she opened the door, there just Jim.
Jim'I'm here to make a delivery.'
Bess'Mr. West yes, please join me for lunch. Are you sure you can't stay Clarice.'
Pidge/Clarice'No too much to do, I'll see you in a bit,'
Pidge left to go find the others and tell them about these new developments.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  09:14:59  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess/Katie asked the maid how much longer would it be before lunch. The maid informed her about 30 mins, but it would just be Katie and Mr West...everyone else in house had lunch plans.

Bess/Katie'Come on Mr. West, let me show you some more of the garden that my mother started and father has kept it up since she passed away. I'm going to have all of Mary's favorites planted there too.'
Jim and Bess walked outside.

Jim'What the heck is going on? I just recieved a message to bring wedding rings here.'
Bess'Yes, Sam ordered Jack and me to marry tonight during the party.'
Jim'And you're going to do it?'
Bess'If I have to to get to the bottom of this I will, besides I'm not the real Katie, he will be married to real Katie, not me, and besides what is your problem?'
Jim'Its just seeing you with him and memories.'
Bess'Jim we agreed....'
Jim'I know we agreed but I still care alot about you, don't you know that?'
Bess'The feelings have never left me either Jim, I guess we need to talk some more after this is over.'
Jim started to kiss her, before he could, he saw the maid over her shoulder.
Maid'Lunch is now served.'
Jim and Bess went back inside for lunch.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  11:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After Pidge found Jeremy and explained what was happening he knew this could not wait and he went off in search of the two happy couples.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  11:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy knew the approcimate location where they were going "sightseeing" and he trudged up the hill. He found the picnic baskets and blankets spread out but there was no sign of the couples. He looked around and heard giggling up one path leading toward the cliffs.

He crept up so as not to scare them, and almost laughed out loud when he came upon Apple and the Capt. acting like newlyweds, snuggling together leaning against a rock.

"Sorry to interrupt your reconnaissance..." he smikred when the Capt. jumped, "but I have some news for us all. Where are Artemus and Pet?"

"I have no idea they went up that path to see what they could find." Apple replied.

"Let's hope they stayed on task," Jeremy grinned and Apple rolled her eyes at him. The trio headed off in search of Artie and Pet.

They took the trail Apple indicated she had seen them take. They walked quite a distance before they come across the newlyweds. They are nestled togethed their backs to the trail. As they approach they hear snips of their whispered conversation, Artie talking about their future Pet seemed to be aggreeing albeit absently. They turn toward each other and kiss. Jeremy snickered and Apple punched him in the ribs.

"Ahem," Jeremy cleared his throat. Artie raised on hand and waved them away.

"Ahem, Artemus, I do hate to interrupt but this is rather important..." Jeremy repeated hesitantly.

"It had better be," Artie growled without turning his haed from his bride.

"AaatenTION!" Capt. Wade barked and Artie's head snapped back to look at them, the trio laughing.

Artie and Pet scrambled to their feet looking like deer caught in a hunters sights and looking to Jeremy wanting to know what was up.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  12:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Uhm.." Jeremy stammered feeling bad about interrupting his fellow agents, "We have some new information and I thought you and Pet would want to know especially Pet." Pet looked at him expectanly.

"What news?" She asked.

"Pidge met with me at the hotel and told me Kit isn't dead." Jeremy paused to let this sink in.

"Kit's alive? Oh sweetheart did you hear that...Kit's alive?" Pet hugged her husband who smiled at her.

"Yes, dear I heard."

"There's more...Jim might need some help and he's willing to allow you two back on the case on a temporary basis."

"Now, that is good news," Artie said as he looked at his bride.

"We need to get to the mansion and talk to Bess before that wedding."

The couples hurried back to their picnic spot and packed up thier things. The Capt. and Apple headed down the hill toward the buggy hadn in hand. Artie had his arm around Pet's waist and was talking softly to her. Jeremy brought up the rear. When they reached the buggy and Jeremy's horse they loaded the things in the buggy and Followed Jeremy. Artie and Pet deep in quiet conversation.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  12:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles wait and finally Kit awoke, everything was fuzzy and she really couldn't think to many memeories. He stepped in front of her.
"so glad to see you are awake, now maybe you can answer some questions for me."

She said nothing just started at the wall, he looked into her eyes and the were hollow no sign of life were in them yet she was breathing she was moving.
"Can you hear me?" Nothing he could not see that behind her eyes another memeory was playing out, she saw only that, he waited and she spoke.
"I am sorry Captian Gordon but the Sargeant did not make it. He lost to much blood"
In her mind Kit was outside the surgical tent wiping blood from her hands onto her apron, Captian Artemus Gordon stood in front of her and nodded solomly and thought to himself this Dr. Montgomery was a talented man but even talented men can't save them all. Another stretcher was brought past her and she sighed speaking one last time "This war is taking its toll on us all, how many more deaths will we have to live with." She turned and walked back inside the tent.

Kit's eyes closed again and Charles cursed under his breath. He left to go Find Cumberland and to get a meal she wasn't going anywhere.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  14:10:35  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim noticed Bess just picked at her food and didn't say much, her mind was going around in circles. She written Jim another note about the location of the party tonight and what she suspected.

Bess/Katie'You will be at the party tonight, won't you?'
Jim'I wouldn't miss it, I left the package in your father's office.'
Bess/Katie'Jim, please show yourself out as you see I have a million things to do.'

Milly the maid came in.
Bess/Katie'Milly dear did you finish all those errands?'
Milly'Yes, ma'am.'
Good, thought Bess, there were going to be a few suprises at that wedding.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  14:30:32  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Jim entered in the hotel, he saw Apple,Wade,Pet and Artie.
Jim'Apple, I don't mean to rush things, but you need to back to the mansion fast,Sam Cumberland is making Bess marry Jack tonight, Wade, I'm going to need your and Artie's help as well as Jeremey's. Apple you and Pidge keep playing your parts. The rest of you lets go get ready for an engagement party/wedding.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  14:57:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple returns to the mansion after giving Petunia advice about what dress to wear that evening, and kissing her husband adieu. She looks for Pidge and Bess so that they may work out their plan.*

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  16:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Sweetheart, I think I know jsut what to bring to the wedding." Pet told Artie.

"What's that?" He asked not sure he wanted to know.

"Think about it, sweetie. What will not be checked when guests enter the house the for the wedding?" Pet smirked at her husband.

"The prestents...Pet my sweet you ARE a genius!" Artie kissed her and smiled. They set to work altering their wedding gifts and adding some things to them.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  16:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Oh Bess will love this!" Pet thought as she stuffed a special explosive into her bag. "If I know Bess like I think I do she's going to want to take Cumberland out herself."

"Ya think?" Artie grinned and winked.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  16:17:48  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess goes up to her bedroom leaving word for the wedding planners to come up as soon as they arrive. She noticed the picture on the dresser of the real Katie and Mary. Yes, it was unerving how much they looked a like. Her mind flashed back to when she was a child and her mother took her to tea one day. It was then she meet her aunt and her cousin Katie. The two sisters had laughed how much alike their daughters were. Little did she know years later, she'd be saving Katie's life due to the resemblance.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  17:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess check your e-mail

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  18:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sam had taken care of everything and the evening was drawing near the guests would arrive soon and then he would have everything he needed to take over. He smiled to himself. Nad prepared to welcome the first of the guests..... As the maid opened the door in stepped Pet and Artie smiling and acrring thier gifts.

Jim had been walking around he was frustrated that he couldn't talk Bess out of this. But he had seen Charles and followed him down a secret passage from the house and down a tunnel he pulled open a metal door and when it shut Jim walked up to it cautiously. After a few moments Jim opened the steel door and saw Kit tied in the middle of the room, he could see she was not moving, his heart ached at the thought that she might actually be dead this time. He walked toward her, the room was dark with only one lantern he saw the shadow move out of the corner of his eye and he ducked the fist. He spun and kicked Charles’ legs out from under him, he rolled and stood.

“You wont take her she is mine”

“So you did this” Jim snarled

“With pride, she should have been shot years ago”

“She saved a lot of lives.”

“But ruined mine” He lunged at Jim and got in a good punch, Jim doubled over as Charles hit him again he fell to the floor but quickly rolled out of the way. At the noise Kit had awoken but the room was hazy and she could see the outline of the two fighting, she could make out the color of the suit, Blue it was Jim they had found her, darkness took over before she knew the outcome.

Jim continued to fight with Charles for a time neither got the better of the other, then Charles pulled a knife. “I am going to end this now.”
Charles pinned Jim up against the wall and they struggled over the knife Jim was losing this fight when a shot echoed through the chamber. Charles looked at Jim and the fire in his eyes faded with his strength. Charles dropped the knife and slid to the ground.
Jim turned to see where the shot came from it was the chamber maid Migualita she said nothing just hid her derringer and walked away.

Jim went to Kit and shook her gently “kit?”
Much to his relief she opened her eyes “jim” she whispered
Jim smiled “Yes, its me, I am going to get you out of here.”
She said nothing just watched as he cut her down, he helped her to her knees on the floor, he took his blue jacket and place it around her shoulders, as badly as she was shaking he knew she wouldn’t be able to walk, as careful as he could be of her wounds he picked her up and made his way out of the tunnels, he was thankful it was night but he needed a place for her to rest, She was out again mumbling something about the war, he had a few questions for her and hoped she survived to answer them. Jim made his way back up the tunnel and to the carriage house. He lay Kit down on the bed and went to find someone to help him with her.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  18:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Hey, Kit. Great writing.

Yay, Miguelita!! That's my girl!! Thanks for writing her in, Kit. She's going to love this.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  18:54:01  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jack stood at the door receiving the guests. Pidge was still doing Clarice trying to make everything 'right' Both Pidge and Apple had told her she didn't have to go this far in this, but she knew she had to. Sam Cumberland had killed her aunt and Kit, even though he never knew Bess. He'd cut Katie's mother off from the family as soon as he could. That was the reason he never knew about Katie's look a like cousin.

Sam made the signal for Jack and Bess to leave quietly. As they slipped out of the room, she heard him make the annoucement.

Sam'Ladies and Gentlemen, please be seated. I know this is highly unusual, but Katie and Jack are just so in love, they wish to marry tonight. Please be seated. The ceremony will begin in just a few minutes.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:02:54  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Apple followed Bess to the room to change into her gown.

Artie looked around and couldn't find Jim.
Artie'Pet, where's Jim have you seen him?'
Pet'No, not for awhile, he was talking to Bess and left the room, what is going on with them?'
Artie'Before I explain that, I do want to tell you how beautiful you look in that dress.'
Pet smiled'And? Spill it.'
Artie'Bess and Jim were each other's first love, they broke up over something stupid and it never got resolved. Jim's still crazy about her but won't admit it. He never told me until a few days ago.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before Clarice/Pidge goes into Bess's room, she acts all a-flutter. She goes over to Sam and says, "Mr. Cumberland. This is highly inappropriate. Now young people can be very impetuous. You must not let them act on it. Think of your standing!"

Cumberland pushes her away. "Not now, Mrs. Windsor. You're a little too late," he says with disdain and walks away.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:12:14  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim nearly ran into Bess coming down the hallway. Noticing the blood on his face and his clothes being ripped, she knew something had happened.
Bess'What is going on? What happened to you?'
Jim'I found Kit, she's alive, but I've got to get her out of there.'
Bess'Look there is a room beside the bride's dressing room put here in there. There is something unusual in there that I don't have time to explain, just take Kit in there.'
Artie came around the corner and saw them.
Bess'Artie go back and get Pet so all of you can get Kit. Put her in that room there. There's something in there I cannot go into right now just go along.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clarice/Pidge is waiting for Bess in her room. When Bess enters, Pidge starts picking up the little niceties for Bess to get ready.

"I don't know why you want to go through with this but if we're going to do it then we had better get ready."

Pidge looks at Bess and sighs. She starts helping Bess with her wedding dress.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim looked at Artie t urning away from Bess he couldn't look at her in that gown

"She is this way I left her at the carriage house, we need to get her to this room and someone is going tohave to address her wounds."

Artie "I'll help" He looked to Pet "My dear could you find some bandages and apple could you make sure we have some water in the room."

Apple remembered that Kit had used alchoal to clean bess wound and made sure to bring back some of it as well.

Jim and Artie made there way back to the carriage house and jim found Kit just as he had left her. Artie Gently picked her up and she moaned softly, he looked at her closly "Jim she doesn't look to good."

"I know Artie, I know" Jim was berating himself for believing the lie of her death as they made thier way back to the house they ran into little resistance. Making thier way up the back Stairs Jim opened the door to the room Bess spoke of and Froze.

"Jim, What is it?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Oh man. The way you and Bess are writing, this is really great stuff. Please don't leave us in suspense. What is going on now?

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Bows... Thank you.... Bess is working on that....

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:33:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Bess. No sleep for you tonight until you spill it.

What happens next?

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:35:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey!! what is it???

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:41:47  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim blinked his eyes because he thought his eyes were playing tricks.
Jim'Bess, what are you doing in here?'
Katie(the real Katie)'I'm the real Katie Cumberland and this is my sister Mary.'
Jim was speechless, she looked just like Bess.
Jim'Katie can you please help us? We've got a very sick woman here and need some help.'
Artie'Are you sure you are who you say you are?'
Katie'Yes, our mothers were sisters, I'll explain it some other time, get this woman in here and lay her back down.Its going to look suspicious if all of you are gone, please some go and watch the wedding so Daddy Cumberland will not get suspious.'
Pet and Jim decided to stay in the room until after the ceremomy.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  19:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Ahhh. (smacks forehead) I should have seen this coming (but I didn't )

Good stuff. Keep going. (We need a smiley here for "thumbs-up")

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000