Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit did the same and leaned back against a log. The moon was waxing and the stars shown brightly on this clear night, a light breeze was blowing along the ridge. Kit was dreading sleep on this night, more so than others for the doctor's drug had brought back many painful memeories and she did not relish reliving those again. As she dozed this night reminded her of the first one she spent away from home at the start of the war. Her mother had begged her not to go her father only said if she left to never come back. She rode for days until she found a place to sign up, she was in the infintry until the first battle when the Doctor pulled her into the surgical tent to assist and amputation. He saw her skill and her quick learning it was then she was reassigned to him. He knew her as Kyle Montgomery and taught her every thing he knew.... But this night the dream kept repeating her mother's pleading eyes her fathers disgust.... Kit awoke in a sweat and stood she checked on the horses it was still very dark and she guessed it to be about 1 am Pet was sleeping peacefully and for that she was glad.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Kit, you know I'm so glad you came and found me. But I can't ruin another life another career. YOu can leave if you want. I have enough of the things I need to do what I need to do." Pet said as they settled down to sleep.

Kit merely stared at her friend not sure what to make of her comment.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit had not realized Pet was awake "Pet my career is over did you not get that... there are enough people that still want to see me hung and President Grant can only do so much... We are in this together my friend"

She looked hard at her "What are you planning on doing??"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: Night all I have an early day tomorrow see you all then.....

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:25:12  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ROFLOL...THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY BESS!!

oh btw, OOC!!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I AGREE WITH APPLE, BESS!!!!

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:26:54  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Instead of going back to the train, Pidge, Jeremy, Jim and a very tipsy Bess decide they better stay in town. Pidge and Bess took one room and Jeremy and Jim took the other.

Jim'Lets get some sleep for a few hours then figure out what to do.'
Jim had been holding Bess up till they could get up the stairs. When he let go, she stumbled and he caught her before she passed out.

He carried her into the room that she and Pidge would be sharing.
Jim'See you two in the morning.'

Jim and Jeremy headed to their room.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I don't quite know, kit. I just know things can't be what I want them to be." Pet turned over to go to sleep tears spilling onto the ground.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  20:30:21  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad you guys like Bess's being tipsy. That's it for me, Bess has passed out and I'm right behind her talk to you guys in the AM.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  05:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at her friend "Life sometimes is not what we want it to be..." Kit thought about that statement and it was a moment before she spoke again "And no matter what we do or how we plan it is always up to the powers that be.... I know you are hurting my friend and I wish I could say this would be easy but it wont be.. Now we have to decide where we want to go and how we want to be remebeered."

Kit knew she wouldn't be able to sleep so she built a small fire and hoped it would help.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  06:09:20  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Captain Wade has been out early, collecting the paper and information about the explosion at the jail. He returns to their rooms at the Queen Anne Hotel in San Francisco, finding Apple already dressed and coiffing her hair. She turns to him as he enters the room, silver brush in mid sweep through her chestnut locks.*

Wade:"Oh you are awake. Your friends have caused quite a commotion, it seems. Pet and Kit were in jail..."

Apple:"WERE?" What does that mean?"

Wade:"Well that explosion last night was their doing. Bombs in the jail...why the sherriff didn't know to look..."

Apple:"Well, they are women, he probably didn't even think that it was a possibility...why are Kit and Pet getting thrown in jail? Pet should be with Artemus, and why isn't Kit in the hospital instead of causing mayhem with Pet?"

Wade:"I'm not sure what that situation is about, it doesn't say in the papers." He hands her a copy.

Apple:"Oh no, the paper...the colonel will definitely hear about this..." she is interrupted by a knock on their door. Wade answers the knock and ushers Pidgeon into the room.

Apple:"Good morning Pidge! How was your evening, and what are you doing in town, anyway? I thought that you would be at the train?" The look on Pidge's face worries Apple, "What is it Pidge? Do you know what is going on?"

Pidge:"Oh Apple...Pet and Artemus...they have..."

Apple is up out of her seat at the vanity table:"What is it Pidge?! Tell me," she almost whispers the words.

Pidge crosses the room to Apple and grabs her hands. "There marriage was not previously sanctioned by Grant so he told them that one of them will have to resign." Apple is astounded by this news. "Apple, Artemus wanted to resign immediately, but Pet told him no, and then she ran off on Little Boy. Artemus took leave shortly after that and no one has heard from him. Pet was in jail after she and Kit had some fun in the saloon last night."

Apple turns toward her husband:"Find him Wade. Go get Artemus and bring him back to San Francisco...he is the only one she will listen to." Wade takes his leave of his wife and Pidge.

Apple:"Pidge, I am going to have to get in touch with the Colonel and the President. I am going to the train to telegraph each of them and get to the bottom of this mess that THEY have caused!"

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  06:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the morning broke, Kit made some coffee and woke up Pet
"Pet, want some coffee?"

Kit had made her's but added something extra too it. The service was her life and for them to take it away from her again and for the same reason was to much to bare she didn't care where this ride was going she was going to see it to the end.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  06:45:35  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess had woken up and decide to join Apple and Pidge.
Bess knocked on Apple's door.
Apple'What happened to you?'
Bess'Don't ask, may I borrow some more clothes?'

Apple went to the closet to see what she could find.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  07:21:39  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple wanted to ask though, and she did, again.*

Apple:"Bess, what happened to you last night after the assignment? Did you see a doctor? You were in shock! I caught you as you collapsed!" She handed Bess a periwinkle dress with black velvet piping as she waited for Bess to answer.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  07:26:45  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess'I had a talk with Jim.' Looks at Pidge and decides to let Pidge tell what Bess saw.
Bess'Anyway, we decided to go have a drink and then saw the commotion. I tried to get Kit and Pet out of jail and so did Jim. The sheriff said we could get them out at dawn. So we had to stay in town. Jim and I went over to the saloon and I believe I had a little too much to drink.'
Pidge'Little? You should have heard yourself calling him Jimmy and he was calling you Bessie.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  07:33:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Bess looks at Pidge, then comes up with a ruse.*

Bess:"Pidge, what happened between you and Jeremy Pike last night?" She flashes a smile at Pidge, who is suddenly flustered and blushing.

Pidge:"Whatever do you mean Bess, dear? Jeremy Pike and I are colleagues and friends, nothing more. We had dinner together..." she looks helpless, and Bess is off the hook for a moment.

Apple:"What is going on? What is Bess talking about Pidge? And Bess you go get that dress on so we can get down to the dining room for coffee at the very least."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  07:36:35  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: is this motherly enough for y'all? callin' me momma last night when i signed on...tsk tsk tsk

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:09:02  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple, Pidge, and a dizzy Bess are seated at a table in the dining room and a waitress comes to take their order.*

Apple:"Coffee for my friend, and lots of it. I'll have tea and eggs benedict. Pidge?" She looks at Pidge, who is staring at a menu, lost to reality for the moment. Suddenly Jim and jeremy appear, and Jim approaches the table. He asks Bess to come with him, but Jeremy hangs back and takes a seat across the dining room.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim looked at Bess before they left "So Bessie are you going to join wade and I to go find Artemus?"

Bess Rolled her eyes "please stop calling me Bessie"

He Grinned "Sure thing bessie, Lets go we should find Artemus and someone needs to go after Pet and Kit and try and head off that posse that will no doubt be after them, NAd I am personally gonna strangle them for stealing my horse."

Bess Spoke up "Hey they took mine as well."

"Sorry Bessie I forgot." The left with Captain Wade after a quick bite of breakfast to try and Find Arttemus and get back before anything else happen

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

As the morning broke, Kit made some coffee and woke up Pet
"Pet, want some coffee?"

Kit had made her's but added something extra too it. The service was her life and for them to take it away from her again and for the same reason was to much to bare she didn't care where this ride was going she was going to see it to the end.

OOC: I hope this isn't the Thelma and Louise of the www.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: I'm back, gang. I had a funeral to play for this morning. That's why the delay.

Now... back to our story.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

*Apple, Pidge, and a dizzy Bess are seated at a table in the dining room and a waitress comes to take their order.*

Apple:"Coffee for my friend, and lots of it. I'll have tea and eggs benedict. Pidge?" She looks at Pidge, who is staring at a menu, lost to reality for the moment.

OOC: I've been waiting for this.

Back to the story:

Apple: "Pidge? Are you ready to order?"

Pidge: "Hmmm? *sigh* yes, I guess I am. Just toast, please. And some juice. Whatever you have." She hands the menu back to the waitress.

Apple: "Pidge. Is there something you want to talk to me about?"

Pidge just looks at her confused.

Apple: "Jeremy?"

Pidge suddenly understands. "No no no. Jeremy is a sweet guy and very handsome but I'm not looking, Apple."

Apple looks at Pidge, waiting for her to continue.

Pidge sighs. "Jeremy kissed me, all right? Like I said, he's very very handsome and a wonderful guy. Maybe at another time. Maybe but not now." Pidge sighs again and puts her chin in her hand, elbow on the table. "I'm just not ready for that, Apple. How could I be? Do you think that I could possibly forget Horatio that quickly? (she shakes her head and continues). I can't collapse into someone's arms just because he kisses me."

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok IM back sorry but the silly time diff thing really gets in my way.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  08:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'll take your coffe only if it's your 'special' blend," Pet replied and took the offered cup.

Drinking it slowly savoring the likker (my twl spelling snerk) added to it, Pet thougth about where she wanted to go and what she wanted to do. She knew Kit might not like it and would try to talk her out of but that wasn't about to happen.

"Kit, I'm glad you wnat to be here iwth me during this but I can not and will not take you down with me. Not without you knowing all the facts....

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  09:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie sat at the hotel restaurant not touching the meal before him. He sipped his coffee, wishing it were something stronger and reading the paper.

He dropped his cup, it's shattering causing everyone to stare.

"What the hell is that woman up to?" he muttered folding the paper and running out of the hotel.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  09:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit made herself another cup of coffee "What are the facts ma'am?"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  09:03:55  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess'Jim will you quit calling me Bessie.'
Jim'No way, after as many times as you called me Jimmy last night.'
Bess'What did I do last night?'
Jim'Will talk about it later Bessie, lets go find Artie.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  09:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Wait a minute. We're a little confused here. Bess, are you with Jim or with Apple and Pidge?

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  09:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie made a wild dash for the hotel door, ignoring the clerk telling him about a telelgram. He pulled the door open and ran for the horse he had left tied to the hitching post.

Not paying attention to his surroundings Artie barreled headlong into Wade, knocking them both to the ground. As he dusted himself off Artie mumbled a hurried apology and started to leave the sidewalk when Wade reached out and grabbed his arm.

Wade: "Artemus! Just the man I was sent to find!" Artie did a quick double take.

"Wade?" What are you doing here? Oh you're on leave I bet and stayed with Apple. I can't talk now, Wade. I have to go find Pet and stop her!" ARtie grabbed the reins of his horse and leapt itno the saddle.

"Artemus...wait. I was sent by Apple to find you come back with me and we can get Jim and Jeremy and Bess and we can all go look."

"You don't understand, Wade there may not be enough time for that. Tell Apple to ask Bess to shoe you to Pet and Kit's spot she'll know where it is. I've got to get there before Pet leaves. If I don't we could be attending two funerals."

Artie turned his horse and headed out at full speed.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  09:25:54  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

OOC:

Wait a minute. We're a little confused here. Bess, are you with Jim or with Apple and Pidge?

last i knew she was at breakfast with us, what happened??? Kit...??

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000