Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 122

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I wonder if they serve beer here" Pet asked getting frowning looks from the party.

"What? I was just wondering!"

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy helps Pidge up into the carriage and then sits down next to her. As the horse starts pulling them away, Jeremy notices a man and a woman watching them with a strange glint in their eyes. A look he doesn't much like.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy leans over to Pidge and puts his arm around her. Startled, Pidge turns and looks at him. He whispers in her ear and a recognition comes to her eyes. She whispers something back and they give a knowing look to each other.

Pidge nestles down into the crook of Jeremy's arm. He pretends to point out familiar sites along the way all the while keeping a close eye on their surroundings.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:53:03  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Kitana, Pet, the Hamiltons, and Artemus find themselves seated at a table in the cafe of the Queen Anne Hotel, enjoying the sunshine and the bay breezes. The conversation is circling around the topic of the morning, the meetings with Grant and Richmond.*

Wade:"...so then Grant offered me an internal transfer to 8th and I, and of course I accepted!" He had always dreamed of being at Marine Headquarters. Artemus slaps him on the back.

Artemus:"Wade, my friend, you deserve it, you really do! Congratulations!" Apple can see that Arte has other things on his mind.

Apple:"Pet, Kit, what happened while you were, uh, away?"

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:55:00  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

Jeremy leans over to Pidge and puts his arm around her. Startled, Pidge turns and looks at him. He whispers in her ear and a recognition comes to her eyes. She whispers something back and they give a knowing look to each other.

Pidge nestles down into the crook of Jeremy's arm. He pretends to point out familiar sites along the way all the while keeping a close eye on their surroundings.

ooc:snerky snerky pidge...I know I know, it is undercover work

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Well, I won't speak for Kit," Pet spoke softly pushing the food around her plate giving the impression she had eaten.

"He suspened me for a month, I'm stll an agent...no biggie I can deal," Pet shurgged her shoulders and refused to look her fellow agents in the eye.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:02:52  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple reaches out and grabs Pets hand, for just a second. Pet still won't meet her eye, but she doesn't pull away, either.*

Apple whispers:"What happens now, Pet?" Pet's heart is breaking, Apple can tell. Pet glances at Artemus, then back at her plate. "PETUNIA, please eat!" Apple is still whispering because she doesn't want to cause a scene.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge gets a wonderful idea and whispers it to Jeremy. His eyes light up. "Could be fun. We'll have to go back to the hotel though."

Pidge: "I have some of the things I'll need in my bag back there."

Jeremy: "Well, I'm sure that I can come up with something on my own. Ok. Let's do it." Jeremy stands up and tells the driver to return them to the hotel.

Pidge: "Ahh. This was such a nice ride. Thank you, Jeremy."

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I stay an agent and get on with my life," Pet replied a bit harsher than she intneded as she pused her plate away.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:10:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy holds out his hand to help Pidge down. She smiles at him, thanks him and enters the hotel. Pidge goes to her room while Jeremy enters his room.

Pidge to herself, "Ok, now. Where is my bag? (she looks around and spots it under her bed. She drags it out and hoists it onto the bed. "Boy, that thing is heavy. Let me see... I'm going to need this. And this. don't need that. Hmmm."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:17:33  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*Apple gets a glint in her eye. She has had enough of this and tells Pet so.*

Apple:"Pet...You need to take Grant's advice and use this suspension to clear your head!" She is louder than she intended, and Artemus, Kitana, and Wade are looking on. "I know that you have every reason to feel sorry for yourself, but that isn't who you are Pet Gor..."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I am NOT feeling sorry for MYself if that's what you're thinking," Pet interrupted Apple.

"Who or what I'm feeling sorry for I'll keep to myself for the moment. But you are right I think I wll use this suspension to clear my head so if you don't mind I'll take my leave and see you all in a month."

Pet rises and turns to leave when she looks at Kit.

"Kit, I'll let you know where I'm staying when I get there." And with that she turns and leaves.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge opens the door to her room and walks out into the hall slowly. She looks around but there's nobody there except for an elderly man sitting in a chair by the stairs. He appears to be asleep. She starts to pass him when she hears a voice she would know anywhere.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hey, buttercup. How'd you like to go for a nice glass of lemonade with me?" (wink wink)

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie stares open mouthed at Apple.

"That was a bit harsh don't you think?" Artie asked Apple in a calm voice he certainly wasn't feeling, this had been an emotionally trying day for all of them.

"I'm sorry, Artie, but I just said what I felt had to be said." Wade reached out and put his hand on her arm.

"She's right, Artie, we all need to clear our heads after this." Wade smiled at his wife.

"Yeah, I know. It's just that I think I know who...I think...I need to clear my head too. If you don't mind you ladies and gentleman please finish your meals." Artie apologized as he rose taking his leave of them as well.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge bursts out laughing.

"Why, Jeremy, you dirty old man. Ok. I'll go for that nice cold glass of lemonade with you. That is if you don't mind being seen with an old woman." She winks back.

"Not at all. Not at all. I happen to like old women as long as it's you." Jeremy answers back with his arm extended. Pidge puts her arm through his and they hobble down the stairs together.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

"Hey, buttercup. How'd you like to go for a nice glass of lemonade with me?" (wink wink)

don't do it Pidge lemonade back then s*cked snerk

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge: "Where to, old man?"

Jeremy: "How about the telegraph office first. We need to wire the others. Keep in step now. Easy does it. We're old, remember?"

Pidge slows her step to match with his and adjusts her bonnet. They slowly. Slowly. Slowly walk past the two waiting for them at the entrance.

"Pa. We need to get ahold a them young-ins. I'm a feared for them."

"Now, Ma. Don't you worry your lil ole head none. We'll go send em a message by that thar funny gadget, what do they call it agin? Tele...tele...tele.graph. That's it."

"What'd ja say, Pa?"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
snerk oh you are too funny

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snerk. I am having waaaay too much fun with this. LOL

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:51:15  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pidge are you sure you need help? you are doing such a good job on your own!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Jeremy walk right past the two people and slowly make their way to the telegraph office. Jeremy points to a couple kissing in a carriage as it goes by. It is Jim and Bess.

"Dad blasted young-ins. Never know when to keep private things private." Jeremy winks at Pidge.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:28:15  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess and Jim were enjoying the carriage ride through the city. Jim reached and took her hand.

Jim'Isn't all of this just beautiful?'
Bess'Yes, it is.'
Jim took her face in hands and kissed her. Bess didn't pulled back like she usually did.
Jim'I have a feeling that you and I are not over by a long shot.'
Bess'Jim we never were, I never forgot about you.'
Jim'I never forgot about you either, and boy was I shocked when I was first 'introduced' to you on our first assignment.'
Bess'Not as shocked as I was, but I think we fooled everybody.'

Bess laid her head on Jim's shoulder.
Jim'Seems like old times, doesn't it.'
Bess'Yes, everybody would be cracking up hearing us talk civil to each other.'
Jim'You know and I know our feelings for each other. I know you don't want to be transferred and well I don't either.'
Bess'I know, we're always going to have to keep this undercover.'

Jim kissed her again as the carriage continued its ride through the city.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:30:38  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know quadruple snerk!!!!!!!!!

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC: I love it, Bess. Keep writing.

Now back to our story....

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Jeremy hobble over to the telegraph office. There Jeremy waits until everyone else is gone and gives his message to the operator who sends it off.

Pidge tucks in her dark brown locks under her gray hair and takes Jeremy's arm.

Jeremy scans the area. The two with the paper are gone.

Jeremy: "Well, I don't see them. They must have figured something was up and left.

Pidge: "Well, the disguise worked. *sighs* Jeremy. About how long do you figure it will take the others to get here?"

Jeremy: "oh, probably not more than a day. We just have to keep you under wraps until then."

Pidge: "I want to know who those people are. What would they want with us?"

Jeremy: "Not us, Pidge. You. You're a rich woman now. But that's ok. (he grins) I don't hold it against you."

Pidge grins back, "Thanks, Jeremy. I appreciate that. You know, you're kind of cute for an old man."

Jeremy: "Hey you young whippersnapper. I won't be havin any of this funny talk comin' from someone of your age. Oh wait, you are my age." He smiles and gives her a quick kiss.

Pidge: "Ok, old man. We better get movin'. People are starting to notice." And they were. People walking by were smiling, some smirking and some snerking.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit watched as Artie and Pet left the table Not sure what to say or do. She was waiting on Apple and Wade to take thier leave when they didn't she looked at them and spoke "I was given a six week suspension and I am aloowed now to assit any medical services any of the team has... But President grant warned me that anymore trouble and I would be drummed out."

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:58:17  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple:"Kit, that is wonderful! I am so glad, and there won't be any more trouble, will there? I would hate to lose you..." she smiled warmly at Kit. "I know that you love trouble, but I would HATE losing a partner!"

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  13:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not knowing where to go, Pet wandered aimlessly for a few minutes then she went to a telegraph office and sent Kit a telegram, getting strange looks from the clerk.

"Ma'am you could save yourself some money and just deliver this yourself..."

"I know that but I don't mnind just deliever it to Kit Montgomery she's over at the Queen Anne restaurant so you better hurry." Pet turned and left.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  13:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC:

Pet, didn't you get the telegram from Jeremy?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 122 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000