Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  18:31:50  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess hadn't been able to contact anyone since her talk with Artie. Artie had advised her to share her information with Pidge and Jeremy. She had started back to the hotel, when she felt the hand on her shoulder. It was M/Jim.

M/Jim'How is Pet?'
Bess'Doing as well as could be expected, I'm going to check on Pidge.'
M/Jim'I'll go with you.'

Bess just shrugged her shoulders and walked on. Just as they entered the hallway of the hotel, M/Jim pulled her to him and kissed her with passion. Bess faked a response because she knew now he was a fake. She had to get rid of him for awhile. She had the perfect plan.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  18:47:47  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After entering the hotel rooms, Bess and M/Jim discovered the rooms were empty. Bess smiled at M/Jim seductively.

Bess'You know what I need?'
M/Jim'What? A ball of yarn, candlelight dinner, stroll in the moonlight.'
Bess'Oh Jimmy, you can sound so romantic and those romantic lines are just something else, but I need a drink, how about it? Have a seat there at that little table and I'll fix us one.'
M/Jim sat down and Bess poured them each a drink.Pulling the enevelope with powder out of her top, she poured the whole thing in his drink.

Bess was shocked when he downed it in two gulps. She quickly poured him another pulling out some more powders and slipping them into his drink. M/Jim never saw any of it. After taking another big drink of the second drink Bess fixed him, he started swaying.

Bess'Jimmy, Jimmy, you don't look so good.'
With that said M/Jim passed out. Bess drug him to the bed. To make sure he was kept there for awhile, Bess took his clothes, his gun, his toys, boots and even his hat. Locking the door from the outside, she took the clothes and headed for the Diamond Tiger.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  19:20:11  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Bess made it to the Diamond Tiger, she could see all the commotion. What was going on? It looked like something between Apple and Kit. Bess hurried up the backstairs and unlocked the door to Pet's room. Jeremy had dozed off and jumped. She could see Pet was peacefully sleeping and signaled to Jeremy to leave Pet be. Let her rest. But Jeremy couldn't stand the suspense when he noticed what Bess had in her hands.

Jeremy'Bess, I know there is a perfectly good reason why you have what looks like Jim's clothes.'
Bess'Well you are right, its Jim's clothes, but the fake Jim's clothes.'
Pet heard that remark and stirred.
Pet'Bess now what are you doing with Jim's clothes?'
Jeremy'Better yet, where is Jim?'

Bess pulled the pocket watch out of M/Jim's coat.
Looking at it she smiled.
Bess'He's back at the hotel, locked in the room I had slept in. I couldn't get rid of him, so I gave him something to help him sleep. And by my calculations we have about 6 hours.'
Pet'What did you give him?'
Bess'Ok, Pet I will tell you both, then I want you to rest please?'
Pet'I don't like this agreement but I'll do it.'
Bess'Besides being a member of the SS I've also been a nurse. I ran away a few times during the war, told them I was a widow and got trained. They found me out and shipped me back home, but I still have the knowledge. Anyway, I borrowed some powders from Artie and he told he me they would kick a person down like a mule. Now Mr Fake West is fast asleep, locked in a hotel room with no clothes.'

Pet and Jeremy laughed. Bess noticed the time.
Bess'Its time for another dose isn't it?'
Bess gave Pet her medicine and Pet closed her eyes.

Meanwhile Bess and Jeremy began going through the clothes hoping they could find a clue to finding the real Jim.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  20:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit walked out of the Saloon and went up the back stairs she went into apple's room changed back into her clothes and left some money on the bed for apple to pay for what she had worn. She walked into the room with Bess and Jeremy She handed Jeremy something and asked him to step outside.

"That is my resgination I can not no I will not be treated in such a manner as I was a moment ago. And I punch a superior officer in the gut. I will stay with Pet until after this is over but as of this moment I do not work for the SS anymore."

Jeremy looked at her and she walked back into the room whith him right behind her she saw Pet awake and smiled. "How are you feeling?"

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  08:25:05  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Louella pushed Apple into a chair when they entered the office. "What're you doing out there? You tryin' to get that face of yours marred? I can't use a dancer with a cut face!" Louella spat the words.

"Louella, I'm sorry, really I am. I don't know what came over me...First that woman who's man was in here, then that girl telling me that private parties aren't worth her soul...just got to me." Apple was upset by that remark. Kitana should know better than to assume that Apple would ever let a man touch her in that way, for money. This was the Secret Service, and chloroform was a staple in her weapons cache! They would never know what hit them.

As Louella talked to Fleur about her behavior and what she expected from her girls in regards to said behavior, Apple looked around the room, looking for the trap door that led to the cavernous basement holding the printing presses.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  10:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet looked at her and sighed. She just wished this were over and done with no matter what the outcome, she was tired of fighting the cravings, the withdrawls, she was just plain tired. No amount of sleep she got seemed to help it only made things worse. Pet knew that if she told Kit how she really felt they would all be all over her like white on rice. She looked at Kit and sighed.

"Bout as good as I can be. My back's killing me but I will not take any morphine. I want to do this my way."

"And that way would be?" Kit asked eyeing her guardedly.

"Just leave me alone. I can do this I know I can. I don't like people being this close around me." Pet talked softly.

"Pet you can't do it on your own. You need someone with you till this plays out. As your friend I won't stand for it." Kit glared at her.

"How about a compromise?" Jeremy ventured all eyes turned toward him.

"Kit, since a woman can't be the one near her right now, why don't you go get some sleep on the chaise lounge and I will sit here with her. I'll keep the cold compresses on her, don't worry."

Kit sees the sense in this plan and goes and sits on the lounge. She wasn’t really tired so she just sat there quietly, watching her friend.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  15:13:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Picked up the paper and begain to read it not much else to do since she resigned from the SS. She was still upset with Apple but that was over now and after this she would never have to deal with her again. Granted she would probably face the hangman's noose now that she was out from under Government porotection but oh well that was a price she would have to pay. And maybe her next life would be better. She looked over at Pet glad to still be in the room with her even though there was nothing she could do she could at least make sure that the water Jeremy was using was cool and that there was something for her to drink.

She looked at Jeremy "I will go across the street to the hotel dinner and bring back something for us to eat"
He nodded and she stood up and left down the back stairs.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  17:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge looks for Artie in all the usual places and can't find him anywhere. Not until she finally sees him coming out of the telegraph office. She hurries over to him and explains about their findings with the fake Jim. They walk together back to the hotel to see look for Bess. If they could find Bess then maybe they could find Jim. Fake or not.

Pidge stops at the desk for her key and goes up to the room that she and Bess share. Artemus waits while Pidge opens the door to their room. She turns the handle and walks in.

"What??????????" Pidge exclaims.
Artemus rushes in and his jaw drops.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  18:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is M/Jim tied up in his...his...underwear. (Oh sheesh)

Pidge covers her eyes.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  18:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M/Jim is still asleep from the powders that Bess had slipped into his drink. Artemus walks over and covers him with a blanket.

Pidge peeks from behind her hand. "Is he decent yet?"

Artemus is disgusted. "Yes. he's decent. Covered, anyways."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  18:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"He's got a birthmark, Pidge. On his lower back. That's not Jim. That's the imposter." Artie sits down and studies the situation.

Artie notices something that must have fallen from M/Jim's clothes. Half of a poker chip. Hmmmm. He turns it over and studies it.

"Come on, Pidge. Let's go."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  19:32:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple danced her way through the evening, staying well away from the customers if she could help it. She hoped that Louella didn't notice. Leaving the dance hall at one point, she went upstairs to check in on Pet. Jeremy came over to her and told her that Pet wanted to do things her own way, which Apple understood. She told him about being in the office, and that she was going to break in to investigate further. He was worried about her doing this, and told her to wait for back up. Apple nodded at him, but her mind was elsewhere.

Staring at Pet for a long moment, Apple finally gave Jeremy a pat on the arm, then returned to work.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  05:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit ordered some food from the hotel diner and walked slowly toward the Diamond Tiger careful not to spill its contents. She wondered about Artemus and Pidge she hadn't seen them in awhile.Going up the stairs and into the room she sat town the tray of food and noticed pet was sleeping for the moment she took jeremy his food and a cup of coffee setting it on the side tabel she was very quite. he stopped her and whispered "Why?"

She looked at him and smiled "I am not going to cause trouble for a fellow agent and that being said I will go my own way."
She sat down at a small table in the room and ate slowly not much but just a little. Thinking hard on this "Jeremy I am going for a walk I will be back soon." She left was on her plate and went down the back stairs to the outside she was walking inthe dark town the only thing open at this time of night was the saloon and the hotel.
She looked in the shop windows and did alot of soul searching and thinking. Her mind went back to her friends both old and new. She went into the hotel and up to pidge and Bess' room she knocked on the door.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  06:34:14  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess had been sitting behind the chaise lounge with M/Jim's clothes and she and Jeremy had found a tattered map in the pocket of M/Jim's pants.
Bess'Jeremy, I better get this back to Artie and make sure that imposter is still sleeping. I've gone through Kit's bag and found somemore powders and things to keep him sleeping or at least confined to bed, you can't leave Pet, so I'll be ok.'

Bess took the clothes and headed out of the Diamond Tiger. She made her way back to the hotel and saw Kit knock on the door she had M/ Jim locked up in.

Bess'Hang on Kit, we need to talk.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  13:12:49  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After her final dance of the evening Apple begged off to Rilla, feigning a headache of monstrous proportions. She returned to her room, and changed out of her costume. Putting on a regular skirt and blouse, then putting her knife in her boot and her derringer in her sleeve she wished that she could take her revolver. She liked the feel of it in her hand, but it was too bulky to hide as she went through the saloon.

If she was stopped, she was prepared to tell whomever did so that she needed something to eat and drink, so to get rid of the headache.

Luckily she was not noticed through the din of the saloon. It was getting very smoky from the cigars and cigarettes, and so very loud! Apple was growing tired of this lifestyle. I wish that none of these women felt they had to really live this way.

Apple tried to turn the handle of Louella's office, but it was locked, as usual. Taking her lock pick from her blouse, where it was pinned as a piece of costume jewelry, Apple was quickly in the room. She looked around as she quietly closed the door behind her, then made sure it was locked again.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  14:05:29  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Returning the pick to it's spot on her blouse, Apple crossed the room to where the trap door was supposed to be. Moving a chair she found where to pull it up. There were the stairs...pulling the door over her head. I wish I had my revolver, she thought as she crept down the stairs.

The presses weren't running, it was silent in the cavern. The door to the inner press room was locked, but she made quick work of the padlock.

Scanning the room with her derringer in her palm, Apple realized that the room was empty of any person besides herself. She quickly crossed the room to the presses and found that the plates were still in the machines. Unclipping them was easily completed, and she wrapped them in an oilcloth she found lying on the ground.

This is too easy, she thought as she made her way back up the stairs to the office. Listening before she attempted to open the trap door, it seemed as if no one was in the office. Slowly Apple pushed the door open, scanning the room. It was just as she had left it. She quickly climbed out of the stairwell and into the room, shut the door and replaced the chair. The din from the saloon was still quite loud, being a Friday night, and she hoped that Louella was busy elsewhere.

Poking her head from the doorway of the office, she found no one in the hallway. Again, too easy. Soon she was in her room, the door locked, and the plates hidden in her mattress.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  18:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit let Bess explain about what she had found out and what the map was as well as the fact that the fake Jim was in that room asleep with on his skivies on. Kit could help but laugh out loud. It was then Pidge opened the door starteling both Bess and Kit.
"Pidge how are you feeling?"

"Better thanks."

Kit noticed Artemus in the room "Sorry I hit you earlier, it was a rude display and I apologize. Bess has some information and a map to the source of the money contamination. I will not be going with you has I have given Jeremy my resignation." SHe noticed the shocked looks "It is better this way the team will fuction more like a unit without my trouble."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  18:59:02  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After Apple put the plates under her mattress she paced the room, a little high strung from not getting caught. It still seemed too easy. Where were the men running the presses? Why was no one guarding them?

She lit a cigarette as she paced, then realized that she had done it and stubbed it out. Those were not her, just part of Fleur. This was getting to her, this job. Arte had asked if she was all right, but really, she was going to have to do something more soon.

First she needed to see Pet, and let her know what she had done. Pet could keep the plates hidden in her room, no one would suspect an injured security woman of hiding them.

Leaving her room and crossing the hall to Pet's room, Apple knocked quietly. Jeremy let her in and she sat down in the chair next to Pet's bed. Pet looked at her, pain showing in her eyes, but she was willing herself not to show it in any other way. "What's going on Deb? You're up to something." Jeremy perked at this.

"I broke into the cavern...through Louella's office. I have the plates in my room," she stated matter of factly. Jeremy started on her right away.

"You did what? After I told you not to go without backup?" he let out a sigh and a groan all at once. "Were you seen?"

"I don't think so. That is what was so strange, Jeremy. I kept waiting for someone to stop me." She looked at Pet and could see that Pet's mind was working on the information that Apple had just given. "How are you partner?" Apple asked.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  19:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet looked thoughtfully at her partner for a moment before speaking.

“Bring the plates to me” Pet shivered and paused.

“Pet, are you nuts?” Jeremy looked at her askance.

“No, just hear me out. You can put the plates under my mattress. No one in their right mind would thing of looking for them here.” Pet smiled as she shivered again.

“Hmm…you know that’s not a half bad idea, Pet,” Jeremy smiled.

“I’ll go bring the plates right now,” Apple rose and returned to her room.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  19:17:00  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No wonder Pet and I were assigned as partners,we think the same way, Apple thought as she crossed back to her room. As she retrieved the plates from her own mattress, Apple thought about Pet's shivering. She's going to need blankets. Kent kept saying he was freezing at about this point. She grabbed her quilt from the rack in the corner and the duvet from her bed, then returned to Pet's room.

"Jeremy here, take these, put them under her mattress," Apple handed the plates to Jeremy. "Pet, tell me how you are feeling, what is going on?" She smoothed the blankets that were already on Pet.

"Deb, my room is freezing. Shut the window, will ya'?" her teeth were chattering. Apple and Jeremy exchanged a look because the windows were closed, then the quilt and the duvet were tucked around Pet's shivering body. "We need to find every blanket we can to keep her warm."
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  19:50:30  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"What is happening,Apple?" Jeremy asked.

"This is getting toward the last physical stages of the withdrawal, Jeremy. She will be cold for a while, shivering. Then she will be too warm, with excessive sweating." Apple took a seat on the chaise, and Jeremy sat next to her. "What else will happen that we should look for?" Jeremy asked.

"Kicking and thrashing about, like she is trapped." Apple watched Pet as she tried to sleep. Jeremy put his arm around her shoulders. "How are you? Are you going to be able to keep this up?"

Smiling at him, Apple told him yes. "I am a good agent, I like undercover work. This isn't the greatest job to be stuck in, but so far so good. My uncle has kept me safe. Thank you Uncle Sol!" They laughed quietly , then Jeremy decided to leave Apple with Pet so he could get some real sleep.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  20:03:16  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess heard the sounds of M/Jim stirring.

Bess'Look I know he trusts me and I've got to keep that trust, but we can't have him running around yet.'
Artie'And how do you plan to keep him in bed?'
Bess'Artie, he's going to never know what hit him. Just let me handle it and you guys please just follow my lead.'

Bess tiptoed into the room and laid M/Jim's clothes over the chair. Taking a basin with a towel she sat at his beside as he began to stir.

M/Jim's mind was fuzzy and for a moment he forgot who he was suppose to be. He kept mumbling 'Morgan, Morgan' until his vision cleared and he saw Bess at his bedside. Bess sponged his brow and put on the best loving act so could.

Bess'Jim, are you awake Jim?'
M/Jim tried to jump and get out of the bed. Bess pushed him back down.
Bess'Don't get up, you've got the virus. You've been out of it for a couple of hours now.'
M/Jim'But I remember having a drink with you.'
Bess'Yes, you took a sip and started having hallucinatiions. Your fever has spiked and we've all taken turns here at your bedside. You're really sick, here some meds for you.'

Bess fixed him some more meds with water and he drank it.
M/Jim'Thank you for taking such good care of me, you know I...'
Bess put her fingers to his lips.
Bess'You don't have to talk, just rest, but can you tell me who Morgan is?'
M/Jim'I told you that was my mother's maiden name.'
Bess'Well you keep say that name in your hallucinations.'
M/Jim'Well its also my middle name.'
Bess'Really? I'm going to let Artie come in and talk to you.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  20:15:24  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess joined the group in the next room. Since Bess had left the door open they'd heard everything. Artie kept thinking Morgan Morgan, where have I heard that. Artie pulled the group to the side and whispered.
Artie'That's Morgan Midas in there, he's not dead, he's come back for revenge.'

Luckily the whole group knew the story of Morgan Midas and his burning diamonds.

Artie'Bess, he trusts you and you're going to have to keep that trust with him so we can find the real Jim.'
Bess'I know, and I think I know where he might be. And by this, I think they have reinfected him with the virus.'

Bess and Artie studied the map.
Bess'No aruguments, Artie, I'm going with you, that fake in there will just need someone to check on him from time to time, he'll just be real sleepy and sick.'

Artie went in to talk to M/Jim while Bess talked over her findings with the group.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  20:26:43  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kit and Pidge said they would stay and keep an eye on M/Jim. Bess and Artie headed out to the Diamond Tiger to inform Jeremy and Apple. Also to get an update on Pet's condition. What they found at the Diamond Tiger left them speechless.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  20:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet spent the next couple of hours hovering between shivering chills and boiling sweats. You make it to tomorrow, partner and you’ll be doing okay. Apple kept a close watch on her partner, praying that she would be able to beat this.

“Deb, I think I made a mistake. I can’t do this…I need some…I need something….anything. This is killing me,” Pet looked at Apple paranoia in her eyes.

“Are you sure you want this?” Apple asked.

“Yes! Just give it to me!” Pet growled.

Apple prepared a half dose and helped Pet drink. She laid back on the pillows and closed her eyes waiting for the drug to take effect. She sighed as she felt the morphine course through her veins.

Pet slowly opens her eyes and stares at Apple with a glare. How DARE she give me that! I said I wanted to do it my way…no drugs! Pet stared at her and when Apple got up to put the glass back on the table and Pet quietly rose and stepped up behind her and grabs her.

“Just what the hell do you think you were doing, Deb?” Pet shouted.

“I just did what you asked,” Apple had never seen this reaction before and was stunned.

“LIAR! You just want me to stay addicted so you don’t have to be my partner.” Pet pulls her hand back and slams her fist into Apple’s face, grinning evilly as she watches Apple fall over backward onto the floor out cold.

Pet dresses as quickly as she can and heads out. Mr. West would know how to help her get rid of this interfering partner.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  20:45:15  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Bess and Artie arrive at the Diamond Tiger, they see Pet waiting outside.

Artie'Pet what are you doing out of bed? Are you better?'
Pet looks nervously around.
Pet'Where's James West, I need to talk to him, what did you do with him Bess?'
Bess'I didn't do anything with the real one, but the fake one is sick back in my hotel room.'
Artie'Yes and courtesy of you. We think we have a lead and we're going to get him.'
Pet'Lets go.'
Bess'Are you sure? What about Apple and Jeremy?'
Pet'They had a real tough time with me, let them rest.'

Bess and Artie could see there was no use arguing. They knew they had to find Jim. Pet saddled up her horse and followed them into the night.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  20:55:32  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The real Jim West had come to. All three of them were in the shack with him. The duke, the prince, and the duchess.

Duchess'Mr. West, we're giving you a partial anitdote and sleeping meds, we've got to keep you alive a little longer, seems we've lost track of your double.'

Jim tried to get up and fight the two men but it was too much. He passed out again.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet took the lead and led them through the alleyways so they wouldn’t be spotted. She kept looking around and fidgeting in her saddle. Bess watched her with concern.

“Pet, I have some things in my bag if you’d like me to get you something.” Artie looked at her in surprise.

“Are you offering her drugs?” He asked her shocked.

“Only if she really needs them. Look at her, Artie she’s paranoid. Rapid breathing, her eyes are searching 90 miles an hour.”

“I’m fine maybe I think. NO I am fine. Let’s just go get Jim. We need to dismount here and walk over to that shack over there.” Pet jumped off her horse and stood rocking back and forth.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet snuck up to the shack and peered in one of the back windows. She didn’t see Jim anywhere. Where is Mr. West? I need to find him. Pet thought as she studied the interior of the shack.

She watched as the old woman readied another batch of money to be dipped in the virus. Along one wall she saw stacks of money ready for shipment. This place had to be destroyed and soon. Pet was fidgeting worse now and she returned to Bess and Artie, her hands shaking.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:33:54  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess knew the signs too well with Pet. She was still going through the withdrawl. How had she gotten past Jeremy and Apple?

Bess'Pet, here is some bella donna, this will help with the shakes.'

Pet eyed Bess nervously not knowing whether to trust her or not.

Bess'Listen, Pet, I know what I am doing, I ran away and became a nurse in the army. Gave them fake name everything, I've seen this too many times. Now take this, it will help with the shakes.'

Bess handed Pet the medicine. Pet took it.
Bess'Now it should help in a few minutes.'

The trio waited as the meds took the effect on Pet.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000