Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Pet, you're in no shape for this...let me give you something that will calm your nerves a little." Bess handed Pet some bella donna, it would calm her enough that she could complete the assignment.

After receiving the medicine from Bess, Pet felt somewhat better and she went around to the other side of the shack and peered in the window behind the old woman. MR. WEST! Pet spotted him in the corner of the shack. They would need a diversion of some kind but she thought she and Artie could get him out of there with Bess’ help.

Artie eye her with concern and hoped they hadn’t made a mistake bringing her alone. Pet told them her plan and Artie had to admit it was a good one. Bess would give them a diversion and they would cut a hole in the back wall where Jim was with the clay Pet had in her saddlebag and they would sneak Jim out.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:36:30  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"OOOh...gees, what..." Apple groans as she rolls over on the hard wood floor of Pet's room in the Diamond Tiger. As she sits up her hand goes to her face. Great, just what I need, and just what Louella warned me against. Pulling herself up she went to the mirror and quickly surveyed the damage. Not too bad...just needs washed, to see what it really looks like. Later! I have to get Jeremy.

Jeremy found himself being shaken awake by an almost frantic Apple. "Uncle Sol, wake up! Uncle Sol!" He looked into a face covered in dried blood. "App...Fleur?" she had been using his cover name, so he used hers. "What happened?" He sat up, the concern showing. "Did a customer do that to you?" Immediately he was up and putting on his gunbelt.

"NO! No Uncle Sol, you have to listen. It was Pet, I gave her some morphine and she went off the deep end. Paranoid, delusional." Apple was really upset. "She was mumbling something about a shack just before she hit me. She knocked me out..." Jeremy was shocked, but really, the woman was in heavy withdrawal.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:41:55  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"The shack where she clocked me," he gave Apple a wry look. "I can get us there, it is where they are doing the final step in the counterfeiting, where the fake bills are coated in the virus." The pair leave the room after Apple gets her own gunbelt and revolver. She has a feeling she will need it this time.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:53:16  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Artie and Pet knew that Bess could do diversions. While Artie and Pet went around to the back of the shack, Bess simply knocked on the door. The trio of the duke, prince, and duchess looked at each other in suprise. Who knew they were out there? The duchess opened the the door. Bess saw Duke Alberto right behind her.

Bess'Alberto, oh darling, I thought I'd never find you ever again.'
Alberto'Uh your fiancee came on the scene and you vanished.'
Bess'Oh he shows up now and again, I got rid of him for a long time and Anthony have you seen Pidge? She's been terribly sick, and who is this lady?'
Duchess'Do something with her.'

As the trio of the duke,prince and duchess advanced on her, Bess threw a fireball that exploded in to red gas. Putting an artifical lung over her face, she saw the three drop to the ground. She threw one to Jim as he began making his way out.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  21:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet had Artie bring her saddlebag and she pulled a claylike substance from it and handed him some. She told him to rub it in his hands and make a rope out of it which they applied to the back of the shack in the location Jim was.

“There’s no way to let him know we’re doing this, we can only hope that when he sees the diversion he’ll know something’s up.” Pet told Artie as she placed the rope in a rectangle on the outer wall.

Artie kept his eye on her as Pet readied the clay and waited for Bess’ signal. When they heard the noise Pet lit the clay and stood back transfixed by the sparks as the clay worked its magic on the wall.

When the clay had burned through the wall, Artie reached over and began to pull the boards from the wall. A startled Jim figured out what was happening and he began to push on the boards and they had a hole large enough for him to crawl out.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  22:11:32  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess ran out of the front of the shack and made her way around to the back. Artie untied Jim and Bess got out her meds.

Bess'What have they done to you?'
Jim'They told me they've reinfected me with the virus.'

Bess got out her meds but stopped.
Bess'Uh how do we know this is the real Jim?'
Artie grinned.
Artie'Bess there is two ways but you can tell quicker.'
Bess shook her head and looked at Jim.

Bess'Don't ask me what, where, or why, just do what I say.'
Jim looked puzzled.
Bess'Kiss me.'
Jim'What?'
Artie'Just do what she says, we don't have much time. Come on partner kiss the woman.'

Jim looked at Bess and shrugged.
He leaned over and gave her a big kiss per Artie's instructions.

Bess and Jim looked at each other and Bess got her meds out and gave Jim the meds he needed.

Bess'This is the real one.'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  22:13:08  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy and Apple rode up near the shack. They could see the shadows of their fellow agents, and Bess was doing some of her best work. The red gas glowed in the light emitting from the open doorway of the small clapboard building.

Suddenly James appeared with Pet and Arte from the rear of the building. Apple nudged Jeremy and pointed to them. Dismounting they tied their horses to a couple of fruit trees and advanced stealthily. Apple heard retching, and realized that it was Pet. Bess was checking on James, who seemed weak.

The four agents were not paying enough attention, so they did not see the figure of Phil, Lucky Lou's business partner, come from the smaller room off of the main room in the shack. He swore when he saw his team laying on the floor, out cold. Pulling his gun he edged out the door and onto the darkened porch. If it hadn't been for Apple watching this, he would have killed at least two of the agents. Her revolver steady in her hand, she took aim and popped off a round. Apple did not miss her mark. Phil fell to the ground with a bullet in his forehead.

The crack of Apple's gun had Artemus spinning around, gun drawn, ducking for cover as he trained his gun on the area where the shot had come from. Jeremy called to him, and then he and Apple joined the others.

Jeremy and Apple made quick work of tying up the trio that had been attached to Pidge and Bess, then Jeremy said that he would wait with them while the others returned to town to get the sheriff.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  05:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was sitting with Pidge making sure the Fakke Jim didn't go anywhere and talking about past lives and loves when they heard the gun cock behind them Kit spun hand reaching for her absent revolver. The twwo men behind them smiled as the older of the two spoke."Been a long while we been after you Montgomery, That re ward will be worth it though."
He motioned for Kit to stand up when she didn't he spoke again "We don't wanna hurt this lady but we will."
Kit saw pidge reaching for her hidden revolver and she mouth to her 'I am unarmed'
"No I will go with you, Where are you taking me?"

"Back to Shilo."

Kit stood and the one who hadn't spoke shoved her against the wall and tied her hands."Pidge look in my bag it will explain everything."

They drug her out the door, down the stairs and into the street both men mounted their horses and pulled Kit along behind, oh how she hated this, it was not the first time she had been treated like this where was her revolver when she needed it. She had been so worried about everyone else that she had left it in Apple's room.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  10:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were outside of town when the older of the two turned and fired his revolver, the bullet hit next to Kit's feet but she didn't have the reaction he had hoped for and he snarled "Just remember that poster says dead or alive but the re ward is greater if'in you live to hang, way I figur' it is as long as your breatin' thats alive."

They both begain laughing Kit new how long it was to Shilo she would be lucky if they weren't dragging her into town.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  11:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge waited until the Sheriff showed up to get Midas he had come around enough to give away the location of where the others had headed. She asked the sheriff to come with her and he had his deputy take Midas to jail.

Out at the shack the others were waiting and Pet had run into Pidge and the sheriff and lead them back. The Sheriff took the others into custody.
Jeremy walked over to Pidge "Are you ok? Did Midas hurt you in anyway?"
She shook her head no "Two bounty hunters came into the room and took Kit by force said there was some sort of Reward on her head and they were taking her back to a town called Shilo."

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  17:19:18  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Artie and Jeremy helped Bess put the real Jim back to bed. Bess gave him some of the antidote Kit had left and he drifted off.

Pidge brought a note to Bess from the sheriff. Morgan had requested to see her and would she answer this request.

Bess told the group she was headed to the sheriff's office to talk to Midas.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  06:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy puts his arm around Pidge and steers her away from the others for a little private talk.

"How are you feeling now, Pidge? Are you fully recovered from the virus?"

"Yes. I think I'm all right. I'm a little weak but I'll be better in another day or so. Why?"

Jeremy turns Pidge towards him. "I hear Kitana has been kidnapped."

Pidge nods. "Did you get her note that was in her bag?"

"Yes and we think we know who has her but this has to be done carefully. Artemus has called in another agent to help out. We want you to go undercover and the two of you pose as husband and wife. A well-to-do couple that collects fine art. You are to infiltrate this man's circle and discover where they have Kit."

Pidge thinks this over. "That's fine but why do we need to bring in another agent, Jeremy? Can't you or Artie do this with me?"

"You'll understand when you see the agent. Bosley Cranston."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  06:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Bosley Cranston? Who's he?"

Jeremy studies her for a reaction. She obviously isn't familiar with Cranston but wait till she sees him. ()

Bosley Cranston (ooc: that's Pat Paulsen to you ladies snerk) helped Jim and I out in another assignment. He has some strange talents but I think you'll find they'll come in handy when you least expect it."

Pidge looks at him suspiciously. "He's not a wolf, is he, Jeremy? You didn't set me up with a wolf, did you?"

Jeremy laughs. "No, Pidge. Of that you can be secure. He's more like a little lap dog."

Now Pidge looks at him with real confusion but agrees to meet up with Cranston.

"He should be in town soon. Let's go see if his stage has arrived yet," Jeremy says as he takes Pidge's arm and leads her back to the horses.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  08:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the time they stopped to rest Kit just fell to her knees she said nothing just watched as they watered the horses and themselves. They would be in Shilo in another couple of hours she knew she would receive water and food there if nothing more than to keep her alive until the hangman's noose.

The younger of the two spoke "I don't envey you Montgomery you have some powerful enemies thats for sure."

Kit said nothing as they mounted there horses and pulled her to her feet. She was tired but she would be danged if she would give Franklin the pleasure of seeing her drug into town she would be on her feet if just long enough to smile at him and spit in his face. In away she was glad of this she was tired of running always looking over her shoulder it wastime to come to terms with her past and deal with it even if her past won.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  09:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet pulled away from the rest of the agents, knowing what she had to do. She went ot her room and grabbed her things and left them a message. They would be mad, ezpecially Apple and Mr. Grodon but no way in HELL would Pet allow this to happen not after everything Kit had done for her.

She made sure her saddlebag was fully loaded wiht every explosive device, liquid and powder she could fit in. Pet was thankful she had thought to put Little Boy in the back so she could avoid Apple and anyone else. She slipped out the back and climged on her horse. Kit's gonna go ballastic when she sees me, but I won't just lie in bed while they take her. Pet thought as she gave a last look at the Diamond Tiger and turned her horse and rode away.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Bess rode back into town along with Artemus. Bess wanted to get this meeting with Morgan done and over with so Pidge and Artie bid her goodbye while they went to check on Cranston.

Bess dismounted her horse and tied it up in front of the Sheriff's jail. She smoothed her hair and her dress. Taking a deep breath, she walked into the sheriff's office.

Walking with more confidence than she felt, Bess requested permission to visit the prisoner. A reluctant sheriff took his keys off of the wall and sauntered over to the cell in the back. He asked her if she was sure she wanted to do this and then showed her where Morgan was staying. The sheriff instructed Morgan to behave himself and told Bess to call him if she needed him. Then he sauntered back to the front where his desk and his newspaper was.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet rode to her first stop on the edge of town. She dismounted and walked over to the shack and looked in the window. They had not learned anything! These people are really stupid, Pet thought as she pulled her saddlebag off her shoulder and pulled out some solid nitro.

She placed several chunks around the foundation and stood back eying the building. She repositioned some of the explosives and then placed the fuse linking the explosives. Pet took out a match and lit the fuse, mounted her horse and rode off after her friend.

Behind her the shack went up in an explosive blaze of flame, bits of wood and heavy smoke. Pet didn't look back she just grinned as she heard the shack go up in smoke. That one's for you, Kit. Hang in there I'm on my way.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess stood there straight and tall with her chin up facing Morgan. Morgan had risen when he saw her and approached the bars.

"You look beautiful, Bess. Just the way I pictured you."

"You've seen me many times, Morgan."

"Yes, I know and each time is engraved in my memory." He gazes at her hair, her face. "We could have been rich and powerful beyond the dreams of avarice, Bess."

"I didn't want to be rich and powerful, Morgan. I had a job to do."

"Of course, your job. A Secret Service Agent. Yes, there is a certain amount of power in that. I can see it. Money to a much lesser degree. (He looked her over). You have beauty, Bess. And charm. It would be a shame to waste it on the Service. There they would only exploit you for your beauty, not hold you up. I would put you on a pedestal, Bess. Where you belong. We would travel the world together in style. See faraway countries. Live like Kings...and queens. There's still a chance, Bess. If you have courage enough to grab the brass ring."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morgan stands there and waits for Bess' response but she has none. She really wasn't interested in all the riches. She looks at him sadly. He still doesn't get it. That there is something far more noble and desirable about working in the service for your country than what he was offering.

He notices that he is not getting anywhere with her so he tries a different tactic. He tells her the truth.

"Bess. There is one more reason you should help me. It's true I was using you in the beginning but that is different now. (His demeanor changes. His face softens and his eyes look intensely into hers)

"Bess, my feelings have grown for you. This was not part of the plan but there it is. Don't leave me, Bess. We would make the ultimate team, you and I. (Morgan pauses). Bess. I love you and I wish you to be my wife."

He waits for her response.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess sits down suddenly on the stool behind her. She wasn't expecting this declaration of love. She knew that he was romancing her but... marriage?

He saw this as an opportunity.

"Bess, darling. Please listen to me. There is a hideout in Shilo we could go to until this thing works itself out. We could be married tomorrow and start our life together. ( he waits.) Bess, are you listening? I'm telling you that I love you, darling."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess cannot handle this anymore. Tears are coming into her eyes. How could this man look like Jim, walk like Jim and yet behave so differently?

"Sheriff! I'm ready now."

"Bess, don't go. Please. (he reaches his arm through the bars for her. He grabs her sleeve and pulls her to him. Caught unaware, she falls forward and he somehow manages to kiss her between the bars.)

He lets the kiss linger for as long as he can before the sheriff walked back. He knew that this would be his last with her. When the sheriff pulled her away and slammed his fists against Morgan, Morgan backed off and looked at Bess. He said nothing more and she left looking back one more time at him. He looked empty. As if the last bit of hope was drained out of him.

She went back to her horse with one solitary tear coming down her cheek.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple was grateful her undercover assignment was finally over! No more high heeled boots, no more skimpy costumes, smoke filled rooms and drunken men, and NO MORE silly swing. She hurried to her room with Jim and Jeremy. They waited in the hallway while Apple changed back into her usual attire.

When she opened the door to her fellow agents Jim whistled and smiled.

"You sure look a lot better than you did in that other getup." Jim said and Jeremy nodded.

"Thank you, Jim. We need to go into Pet's room and get the plates before we take these people down." They moved down the hall and Apple was surprised to find the door unlocked.

They entered the room and Jeremy's eyes scanned the room. He noted that Pet's saddlebag and blanket roll were gone. He crossed to the wardrobe and looked in.

"We have a problem, all of Pet's things are gone." Jeremy said as Jim was holding the mattress up as Apple retrieved the plates, her head snapped up.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"What? Pet left? Why would she do that? She said she would stay till she was better." Apple was furious.

"Did you make her promise?" Jim asked to which Apple raised an eyebrow.

"Oh crumbs, no I didn't. Damn her!"

Jeremy had found the note and was reading it.

"Listen to this...Kit has been taken back to Shilo by bounty hunters. I am on my way to try and get her back. In the drawer of the dresser you will find my medications. I am leaving them behind. Apple, hush, I can do this and I won't be alone as I'm sure as soon as you all are finished there you will head this way. Mr. West I am not abandoning my post, just following a fellow agent in trouble, please make sure you tell Grant that. Tell Mr. Gordon...er...Artemus, to bring the vials he will find on the rack in his lab I think we might need them and anything else he sees fit. I know you are all mad at me but I have to do things this way...if you want to yell at me I promise to sit still and hear it all, you just have to come get me. :) Pet

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Well, at least she's thinking about the team," Jeremy said as he folded her letter and put it back in the envelope.

"Jeremy grab those medicine packets, and we need to wrap this up as quickly as possible. If Pet didn't take her medicine she could relapse."

"Well, then we'd better go bust these guys so we can catch up with Pet. We wouldn't want to miss the blowie upie." Jim told them as they stared open mouthed at him.

"James, I think Pet is rubbing off on you." Jeremy laughed.

"What? I've always enjoyed Artie's explosions. Pet just adds dimension." They headed out to find Louella and Phil.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple, Jim and Jeremy head down to the office where they were told Louella and Phil were. Jeremy went to get the sheriff as Apple and Jim made ready to burst in.

Jim nodded to Apple and he kicking in the door, surprising the two inside. Louella jumped up, glaring at Apple.

“What is the meaning of this?” She shouted then stared at Apple, “And why are you dressed like THAT?”

“Why didn’t you figure out that I am NOT your average dance hall girl? I am actually a Secret Service Agent for the government and you, Lucky Lou have just run out of luck.”

Jim roughly grabbed Phil and shoved him up against the wall. After checking for weapons, he tied his hands behind his back and then shoved him into a chair. He had left Louella for Apple. He turned to look and smiled as he watched her subdue the feisty lady.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At that moment the door opened and the Sheriff entered with Jeremy on his heels. Louella’s jaw dropped and she stared open-mouthed. Jeremy was dressed in a very dapper-looking suit and vest with matching hat. He certainly did not look like the smarmy man who had been trying to get in good with her.

‘Hi Lou,” Jeremy smirked at her, “oh by the way, I’m with them,” he jerked his head toward Jim and Apple.

“James, we need to wrap this up. The deputies have rounded up the rest of this lot and they will clean out all the equipment in that basement. The Army will come for it…I telegraphed them.”

“Oh good thinking, then we don’t have to stick around and do the paperwork. We need to get after Pet…Lord knows what havoc she will cause.” Jim rolled his eyes and Apple and Jeremy laughed

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  16:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Artemus walked to the hotel and waited in the lobby. A stagecoach bringing Bosley Cranston was due anytime. They waited. And waited. And waited.

No stagecoach came. Artemus kept looking at his watch.

"They were supposed to be here one hour ago. That's what the telegram said. One hour. (he looks annoyed). Where could he be?"

There was a little nervous man sitting over in the corner, reading his newspaper and holding on to his suitcase. Every once in a while he looks at his watch.

"Now see that guy over there, Pidge? He must be waiting for someone, too. I tell ya, these stagecoach drivers have to keep better time or they're going to lose customers. I have a theory about that, Pidge. It's all about record keeping and timing." And with that, Artemus goes into a lengthy explanation of his theory regarding punctuality, stagecoaches and passengers.

Pidge sighs. She wishes that the stagecoach would hurry up and get here. She'd like to meet the guy who supposed to be her "husband" for this assignment.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  17:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge wonders what he looks like and hopes that he's not some big blustery type of guy who can't stand the thought of women be Secret Service Agents.

Artemus looks at his watch one more time and finally goes up to the clerk and demands to know where the stagecoach is.

The clerk is somewhat surprised. "Why, that stagecoach arrived here 2 hours ago. At 6:00."

Artemus thanked him and fumed his way back to Pidge. "How do ya like that? Two hours ago it came and where is he? James said that this guy was an eccentric but you'd think he'd at least be punctual!"

As they pass the little man in the corner, Artemus stops to inform him that the stagecoach has already been here and gone so whoever he's waiting for isn't coming.

The little man thanked him but said that he wasn't waiting for a stagecoach. In fact, he had come on that very stagecoach. He was waiting for someone named (he checks a piece of paper that he fishes out of his pocket) Artemus Gordon and Pidge Sanderson.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  17:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Their jaws dropping, Artemus says under his breath, "Oh. This can't be. It can't possibly be."

Pidge has a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Could this little nervous man be the guy who is going to pose as her...husband?

"Perhaps you know them?" he asks. "I think I'm saying their names right. A Mr. Artemus Gordon and Miss Pidge Sanderson."

Pidge and Artie look at each other and smile weakly.

"That's us." Artie finally says. "You wouldn't happen to be Bosley Cranston, would you?"

Cranston immediately stands up and offers his hand. His newspaper goes flying all over the floor in a big heap. He reaches out and shakes the hand of Artie and tips his hat to Pidge.

"I guess you heard the reason for my being here, haven't you?" asks Cranston as he hurriedly gathers up his papers. "Are you the lady that is supposed to be my wife?"

Pidge's smile gets a little weaker. "Yes, that would be me."

To break the awkwardness, Artie picks up Bosley's suitcase and offers to take him to his room where they can map out their plan.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  17:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upon entering Shilo the two men in thier saddles sit up a little straighter as if they were expecting someone. They stop in front of the sheriff's office and it is all Kit can do to keep standing. The Sheriff Of Shilo steps out and looks at them. He was a tall man around 6'2" and built like a brick wall, a smaller man steps out from behind the Sheriff. This smaller man has an air of supierority about him as if he is used to being in charge. His hair was grayand his beard the same but Kit recognized those eyes as they glared at her. She just smiled at the man she knew as Col Franklin.

The older of the two boys spoke as he dismounted and pulled Kit forward, she stumbled but kept her feet. "Col. Franklin, Sheriff we come for that re ward on this'n"

The Col Smiled "Sure boys give her to the Sheriff and I will go draw out that 25,000 now. You boys are goning to be rich after today."
They handed the rope over to the Sheriff and followed the Col over to the bank.

The Sheriff untied Kit's hands and shoved her into the cell. She fell on the bunk and before she could react she was fast asleep.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000