Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  18:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit awoke sometime later to the smell of food. She sat up slowly every muscle in her body ached. She looked and on the table next to her bed was a plate of food and a pitcher of water. Putting her legs over the side of the cot she noticed a woman sitting outside her cell staring at her unblinking and unmoving finally the older woman spoke.

“I don’t know why they are feeding you but I do ass I am told. You will hang you know that.”

Kit nodded as she ate the meal before her. She was doing her best to avoid the accusing eyes but when she glanced to the other side of the cell she noticed pictures of young men some in groups with individuals circled others were individual pictures most were faded a few had been well taken care of the cell walls were covered in them. Someone had gone to great expense to duplicate those photos. Kit stood and walked to the wall, her hand drifted across one of the photos those eyes she knew those eyes, they haunted her dreams as did the others. She looked in total there were 10 different men on that wall she knew them all there faces were among those etched in her memory. The young men whom she lost as a doctor during the war, she didn’t need these pictures to remind her. She turned back toward the older woman her eyes accusing Kit had lost her appetite and felt as if she would be sick. She was looking at the floor when Col. Franklin came in.
“I see you have meet my wife Sara Beth, you will stand trial for what you have done. No one can protect you now.”

He took his wife’s hand and lead her out Kit pushed the plate aside and took a drink of water, she couldn’t look at the walls nor could she close her eyes, for seeing those men and many others like them.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  06:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge, Artie and Bosley all walked into Artie's hotel room to sketch out their plans. Artie told them that Kit has been taken to Shilo to meet up with a Colonel Franklin. Kit had done some doctoring during the war including on Franklin's son (who had died). Franklin was known to harbor a long-standing grudge and hatred of Kit.

Colonel Franklin is a rich man, interested in fine art. He keeps some of his artwork in his house but stores the rest somewhere else. Franklin likes to "Smithsonian" as he puts it. Rotate the paintings every so often so as to keep things fresh and to impress his guests.

There is a good chance that Franklin could move Kit to one of the "Smithsonian" locations and that's where Pidge and Bosley come in. Franklin has a map of everything in his estate. Bosley has to appear as a potential buyer.

"What makes you think that he would sell any of his paintings, Artemus?" asked Pidge.

"He wouldn't sell them for money but he mightconsider trading them for something else he dearly desires. Vintage wine."

"And that's where we come in, right?" Pidge asks.

"That's right."

Bosley chimes in, "I have made quite the study of fine vintage wines. Did you know that the Marquis de Noir once gave up 75% of his land to cultivate grapes to make a special wine that..."

Pidge puts her hand on Bosley's arm. "Not right now, Bosley. We believe you. We have to find Kit."

Artemus hands Pidge a ring. "Put that on. The two of you will go as Mr. and Mrs. Bosley Cranston. It's better to keep your regular names this time just to avoid messing up."

Pidge puts the ring on her finger.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  06:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artemus tells them that he has a special carriage waiting for them in the livery stable. He has wired Colonel Franklin inquiring about a possible trade and Franklin has wired back some interest. Bosley and Pidge are to leave as soon as Pidge can gather up her things.

Pidge agrees and goes to her hotel room. She quickly packs everything up and sends it downstairs via the young men who work in the hotel. While Pidge is gone, Artemus hands Bosley a book on fine art. It has pictures and the history of a lot of the paintings that Franklin would have in his collection. Bosley sits down and scans each page very very fast. Artemus is amazed. Within ten minutes the book is finished and Bosley closes it. "All done, Mr. Gordon."

Pidge finally returns to Artemus' room and she and Bosley head out to the carriage together. Mr. and Mrs. Cranston.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  07:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bosley tries to help Pidge into the carriage. His foot somehow slips and they both come tumbling down into the dirt. Pidge sighs and just looks at him. He shrugs his shoulders in a form of apology and they both get up and dust themselves off.

He offers his hand to Pidge who thanks him but no. She pulls herself up into the carriage and he follows. He is a little skittish around horses so Pidge picks up the reins and gently slaps their backs. The horses pull the carriage forward and they are on their way.

Bosley looks at her a little uncertain and says, "Uhmm. Miss Sanderson, I've never been married. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here."

Pidge replies, "Well for starters, don't call me Miss Sanderson. We're supposed to be married, remember? Call me Pidge. Call me dear, or honey or anything else but not Miss Sanderson."

He nods his head. His thoughts are still swirling. "Well, what do I do when we get there? Do I hold your hand...or something?"

"You don't have to hold my hand, Bosley. We're married, not courting. Just go ahead with our ruse of looking at the paintings for the purpose of buying them. And keep your eyes open for any signs of Kit. I'll play the part of the dutiful loving wife."

Bosley nods again. His eyes keep moving betraying his thoughts. He's not sure how to act. He's never had a wife and this one was pretty.

Pidge makes clucking noises at the horses to go a little faster.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  08:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit sat staring at the floor or the ceiling to look out the window was to see the gallows being erected. They had made sure she had no news paper or anything else to keep her mind off of things she had asked the sheriff for a pencil and he had obliged her. She stood and walked to the wall one by one she put a name to the face she couldn't remember the dates of their deaths but then all days during that time run together. As the day wore on one by one the mothers of those young men each took their turn at stopping by and glaring at her accusing her.
She said nothing to these women how could she they had lost a child she did not know how that felt.
They brought her evening meal but she did not eat she just lay on the cot and closed her eyes.
Soon the dreams came, the smoke the smells of war, she heard the cannon fire not far from the tent the battle was coming closer. She looked down into the eyes of one young man whose soul had already left him, the loss of his left leg to cannon fire had been too great. She had not slept in two days and the smell of blood mixed with that of death hung heavy in the air. She had never known death to have a smell until she worked in these tents, in a closed area one could tell when death was near. The gun fire was closer now but she couldn't leave too many of these men couldn't be moved or more would die, she prayed that the battle would turn and head south from the surgical area, she couldn't lose anymore today she wouldn't. The thought crossed her mind of just standing in the middle of the battle and ordering them to stop, she shook off that thought as they brought in another young man he had a shoulder wound and was doing his best to hide the pain, she smiled down at him and put her hand on his unhurt shoulder “Its alright son this will hurt but well have you fixed up in no time."
He just nodded as Kit placed a leather strap between his teeth, it wasn't long before she had the bullet out and was stitching him back up. The cannon fire hit next to the tent shaking the ground kit stumbled and looked at the young man, she was surprised to she him still awake bandaged him up and had two orderlies move him to a cot recently vacated by a deceased solider.
The gun fire and cannon fire finally began to ease as the battle turned she thanked the heavens and continued to work. Her dreams soon eased as one battle was played out but she would have only a short rest before another started.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  10:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet rode into Shilo and found the jail. She hid Little Boy in the alley and worked her way around the jail. She climbed up on some boxes and looked in a cell. She saw Kit and moved to her window. She piled the crates and climbed up on them. Oh crud, How is Kit going to take me being here? She's probably gonna go ballistic but I have to make sure she knows she isn't alone. Pet thought.

She tossed a pebble into the cell and waited. Hearing nothing Pet tossed another pebble. Finally, Kit's face appeared at the bars. The look on her face speaking volumes.

"Pet?" What the hell are you doing here?" Kit asked surprised.

"I couldn't let this happen, Kit. The others are on their way...I left them a note. If they don't get you out on time do not worry I have a couple of plans," Pet winked.

"Pet...don't. I won't let you get in trouble on my account."

"No worries, Kit. There's one thing Pet isn't and that isn't someone who forgets the few friends she does have. I'm getting you out of this so just deal with it. This guy is insane!"

"You'll be visited soon...just go alone with the plan and this will work out. I gotta go, there's some stuff I need to do." Before Pet could leave Kit reached through the bars and grabbed her hand.

"Pet, you're not up to this yet. You're shaking...but something tells me you won't take it easy so just don't do anything to pull those stitches or I'll break out of here just to kill you myself." Kit smiled at her.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. You just try to behave." Pet snickered and disappeared.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  12:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every once in a while, Pidge stops the horses and tries out a mini blowee uppee. She has been taking lessons from Kit and Pet secretly. She's been studying her notes and is eager to practice a little. She pours a little powder out of one bag and carefully mixes it with a substance from another bag. Being very careful, she throws it at a nearby tree. She watches it. Nothing happens at first so Bosley walks over and gives it a kick.

BOOM!!

A loud noise and a red cloud appears covering Bosley. When the cloud dissapates, Bosley is looking at Pidge with his hair all mussed up.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  12:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge takes a big breath and lets out a sigh. She walks over and grabs Bosley and drags him back to the carriage. He follows her meekly apologizing all the way.

They ride a bit more while Pidge thinks carefully about what to mix next. She pulls out her notes and studies them. "If I mix a little of the red stuff with a little of the black stuff, then I will get a time delay but if I mix a little of the red stuff with a little of the blue stuff..."

"Then you get purple stuff?" offers Bosley?

"Purple stuff with a bigger bang to it."

She pulls the carriage over again.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  12:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What are you doing....darling?" asks Bosley.

Pidge closes her eyes for a second. (Darling?) "I'm trying another formula. Pet and Kit each have given me several ideas to work on and I have to do my homework.

She pulls out some more of the assorted powders and measures carefully this time.

"What's that?" Bosley asks as he peers over her shoulder.

"Some special ingredients that Pet made up for me. One of them is questionable because it has a short shelf life."

"Are you sure you should be using it then?"

"Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. Ok. Here goes." She whips it far.

Nothing happens. Bosley starts to walk toward it and then stops. Still nothing so he says he thinks the one ingredient must be inert.

He walks closer.

BOOM!!!

Pidge holds her nose. "Oh, that's terrible!"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  12:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another rider appears in the distance. The cloud has dissipated and Bosley has ash in his hair and on his face. The rider comes up hard and fast. It is a young woman dressed in a riding skirt and blouse. Her hair is long and bouncing behind her. She has a young girl, about four years old, riding in the saddle in front of her. The young girl is laughing loudly, having a great time.

She pulls her horse in within speaking distance to the two.

Go to Top of Page

Miguelita
Secret Service recruit

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  13:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The rider wrinkles her nose in disgust and hastens her horse's pace. The little girl's only comment is "P-U."

"This is no place for a lady,Victoria," her older sister responds.
Plugging her nose, Vicki nods in agreement.

[Loveless] And good-bye, adieu, ta-ta to all that veneer of civilization they prize so highly.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  13:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the young woman and Victoria ride off, Bosley looks at Pidge solemnly. "This is not working...dear."

Pidge sighs, walks over and drags Bosley back to the carriage. As they drive off, Bosley takes Pidge's notes and hides them under the seat.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  17:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit sat back down on the cot and shook her head she couldn't blame Pet she would have done the same thing had thier roles been reversed.The Sheriff came in and looked at her full plate.
"You are supposed to be eating."

"I'm not hungry, Besides a human can go along time without food its lack of water that kills many."

"That your docterin' huh well I wouldn't be spoutin' that stuff off when the Col comes back."

Kit stood and walked over to the bars "How much is Franklin paying you?"

"I don't need to be paid to watch over a murderer if it were up to me we'd hang you tomorrow but he wants the mama's of those boys" he points at the wall "To get a chance to confront you and see what you have to say for yourself"

"Nothing to say it was war and I did what I was trained to do no other doctor could have done any diffrent. I don't suppose it matters though really in the grand scheme of things I mean I will have some shame of a lawyer and the jury will be rigged."

The sheriff looked at her "The Col is an honorable man you are the one that did wrong, for that you will pay."

Kit sat back down and waited for the inevitable she was trying to keep the faith and she knew her friends would arrive but would they be so willing to be her friend after the stories surfaced.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  17:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(OOC: Pidge I love the addition of the Girls!!!!)

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  17:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It wasn't long before Jim was feeling better Bess had stay'd with him and kept him updated on the latest Details. Artemus Knocked on the door and Bess opened it.

"Hey Buddy how you feeling?"

"Better thanks to the antidote, Did Pidge and Cranston get off ok?"

"Yeah but that was a shocker why didn't you tell me he was like that?"

Jim just smiled.

Artemus filled Bess in on the situation and finished with "As soon as Jim here can ride we are to follow them to Shilo"

Jim sat up he was a little weak"I am ready if you are?"

"Jim, are you sure?" Bess Asked

"Yes Bess."

Artemus nodded "Good, I have a bad feeling about this one."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  17:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitana

(OOC: Pidge I love the addition of the Girls!!!!)

OOC: (grin) Thanks. Miguelita and Victoria make a guest appearance. LOL.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  18:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eventually Pidge and Bosley arrive at Colonel Franklin's estate. Pidge nudges her "husband" and he makes an announcement to the guard. After a few minutes they are allowed in and shown to the main library. There they are asked to wait until the Colonel can come downstairs.

Bosley is starting to get a little nervous. He fidgets. He plays with his eyebrows. () Pidge slaps his hand lightly.

"Don't do that. You want to give us away?" she whispers.

"I'm sorry. I always do that when I get nervous."

"Well calm down. Just act interested in his art. Remember our story. If you get too nervous, look at me and say a code word. I'll get us out."

Bosley is puzzled. "What code word?"

"Oh, it should be something simple. Let's see"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  18:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge thought for a moment. Hmmm. Something simple.

"How about 'storm?'" she suggests.

"Storm. Ok. I guess I can find a reason to say that."

The door opened and in walked Colonel Franklin.

"Storm," whispers Bosley.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  09:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet strode to the town square where the gallows were being constructed and they had even gone to the trouble of constucting a small set of bleachers. What disgusting people! Pet thought as she wound the fuse around the base of the gallows.

She made her way around the gallows as if she were inspecting it casually stopping to check her boots and placing solid nitro on the frame. Then Pet headed for the bleachers and did the same. With the time delay I should be able to get to the saloon before this thing blows.

Pet made her way to the nearest saloon and went inside. Thankfully this one would serve a lady. She took her beer and headed for a table where she had a view of the doors and the gallows outside. Three...two...one... Pet counted down and then

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Everyone ran to the doors and looked out. Pet stayed in her seat and smiled. Raising her glass in a toast she whispered "This is for you, Kit."

The men in the saloon looked on in awa as the gallows blew apart like it was made of paper. The whole structure collapsed inward on itself in a pile of twisted, broken and mangled timber. They were about to trun back to their beers when they were stunned by another series of blasts...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

They turned back in time to see the bleachers follw suit with the gallows and explode inward in a shower of sparks, smoke and falling timbers.

The sheriff ran from the jail and stood watching the destruction unfold in front of him. He took his hat off and threw it to the ground. The Colonel wasn't going to like this.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  09:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just outside of town Apple and Jeremy stopped their horses when they heard the explosions. They looked toward town and saw the flames leaping high above the town. They looked at each other for a moment.

"She wouldn't..." Jeremy said softly.

"Kit is her friend...she might try it." Apple replied.

"But alone? She'd have to be crazy to think she could get away with that in the Colonel's territory."

"It's Pet, and right now she's still in withdrawl...she wouldn't care."

"Then we'd better hurry and hope they don't already have her. There wasn't time to even place her on medical leave...if they find out she's an agent..." Jeremy shuddered to think what the Colonel's men would do.

"Come on, let's go!" Apple told him as she spurred Daisy (snerk lame hehehe) into a gallop, Jeremy doing the same.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  09:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They slowed their steeds and entered town at an easy pace. They came upon the square and stopped, staring. Jeremy spotted the sheriff and they rode over to him.

"What happened here, sheriff? We thought Shilo was a quiet town...maybe we need to ride on." Jeremy said to him.

"I'm gonna find the culprit who did this and they'll pay." He spat.

"What was this before it got destroyed?" Jeremy asked innocently.

"We have a trial tomorrow and there was to be a hanging right after."

"Oh the accused that guilty is he?"

"It's a she and she is a murderer. Killed two of the Colonel's boys." The sheriff eyed him curiously.

"The Colonel?" Apple asked hoping to get some useful information.

"Colonel Franklin...everyone in these parts knows the Colonel."

"You ain't from these parts are you?"

"No, sir we just rode in from Nevada been on the road a while." The Sheriff looked at the road dust on their clothes and horses.

"Hotel's over there they might have rooms. If you see any other strangers round here you tell me."

Jeremy and Apple nodded and headed for the hotel. After checking in and cleaning the trail dust off of them they headed out to find Pet.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  10:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple took one side of the street and Jeremy the other and they began checking the saloons. They had been told at the hotel that Pet had indeed taken a room there but the clerk hadn't seen her in several hours.

Jeremy stopped and listened to the conversations in the saloons to pick up any additional information. MOst of the conversations were about the gallows and bleachers going up. The citizens didn't seem to pleased and they hoped the sheriff found the culprit so they could see a double hanging.

Apple had stopped at the door to one particular saloon and what she saw made her jaw drop. She failed to notice Jeremy hurry across the street when he saw the look on her face. He looked in the saloon to see what had her so shocked, after all she HAD worked in a brothel. His gaze followed Apple's.

There at a table near the back sat Pet. She had a bottle of whiskey and glass before her. Not surprsing in and of itself but the white packet lying beside the the glass was. Pet was rocking back and forth in her chair staring at the packet.

Jeremy started to barge in but Apple waved him off. They needed to see just how bad the cravings were. Pet sat as still as she could staring at the envelope, a glare on her face.

"She's fighting the cravings, that's a good thing," Apple whispered to Jeremy, "if she can beat them its even better."

They watched as Pet took the evnelope and looked inside. She kept putting the envelop down and then picking it back up. Finally, in a fit of rage she tossed the envelope at the wall. Apple smiled and nodded to Jeremy and they entered the saloon and strode to the back table.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  11:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit heard the explosion and went to the window she was doing her best not to laugh when the Sheriff stormed back in.

"you know who did this?"

"nope not a clue but If I ever find out I'll thank them."

The Sheriff Pulled his keys out opened the cell door and stormed in. He Grabed Kit by the Shoulders and shoved her into the wall knocking the wind out of her.
"You will tell me who did this?"

Kit was trying to catch her breath "Sheriff is this anyway to treat a Lady?"

"You are no Lady.. Just a cold blodded murderer, you don't remember me but I sore do you..."

Kit looked in his face and nodded "I remember you, you brought in a young man by the name James Meddows, he was dead when you brought him in."

The sheriff looked at her and gave her a hard right to the jaw blacknes took over as he let her slide to the floor he slamed the door to the cell "Jim was my buddy."
He walked back out to the debris and had men claening it up and starting on a new Gallows with luck they would have it finished by tomorrow night.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  11:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, Artemus and Bess rode into town they had been a few minutes behind Apple and Jeremy, they checked into the hotel and Jim went upto his room to lie down, Artemus and Bess walked across to the saloon to see what if anything they could find out all the buzz was about the Gallows being blown up and that the Sheriff offered extra pay to make sure they were ready by tomorrow night, And the woman they were gonna hang was accused of 10 murders and the trial was sure to be an event. Bess saw Apple and Jeremy first and walked over to them. "Fancy meeting you here you in t own for the hanging?"

Artemus looked at Pet and winked at her, "OK where are they holding her?"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  11:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet stared at the white powder on the wall before turning to Artemus.

"They have her at the jail and NO I didn't blow it up...yet. This is rediculous and they better come to their senses before I come to mine." Artie stared at her.

"Just what is that supposed to mean? Pet, you aren't..." Aritie saw the powder on the wall.

"No worries Mr...Artemus. I am not relapsing. I am however, contemplating the demise of a certain jailhouse."

"Pet, you can't. No matter how hard it is none of us can. Not before the trial. After that you and I both will do whatever it takes to make sure that hanging never takes place. In fact I have a plan of my own I've been working on." Artie smiled at the group.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  14:10:05  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artiespet

"Come on, let's go!" Apple told him as she spurred Daisy (snerk lame hehehe) into a gallop, Jeremy doing the same.

(OOC: I thought I told you to shut up)
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  17:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artemus explained his plan to disgusie himself as the Hangman and he was headed over to the jail to take a look at his subject.
He excused himself and went up to his room he changed into a black suit added a mustache and black hat and headed to the sheriff's office.

He saw a big Burly man and walked over to him "Excuse me could you tell me who the Sheriff is. The man turnedd and looked at Artemus
"That would be me, You must be the hangman?"

Artemus nodded "I am sorry sir that you cannot inspect the gallows we had a bit of a problem but it should be ready in time."

"Good, Good, May I see the subject?"

"The what?"

"The subject, I am sorry I mean your prisoner."

"Yes Sir"

Kit slowly came too she sat up slowly rubbinng her jaw. She opened and closed it slowly stiff but not broken that was a good thing she was sure it would be brused up tomorrow. She stood slowly and made her way to the cot she took the cloth that had covered her food and dipped it in the water pitcher and placed the cloth to her jaw.She heard people comming and she sat quietly.

"Here she is?"

"So I see the trial went well"

"No trial yet but not to worry you'll have somework to do tomorrow."

Artemus looked at her "Stand up so I can see you better."
Kit did and walked over to the cell door he saw her red jaw "What you do fall into someting"

"Yeah my fist" The Sheriff smirked "She tried escaping."

It was all Artemus could do to not punch this guy out but his time would come. "I will need a 50lb sack of sand or grain to tie to her feet women tend not to be heavy enough and I like a clean break"
He winked at Kit when the sheriff wasn't looking "I'll see you tomorrow at the trial then."

"Yes sir hangman thank you."

"no Thanks needed Sheriff just doing what they pay me for."

He left and headed back to the hotel, he changed quickly and went to Jim's room he was still sleeping and Artie left him and found the others back down stairs.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  17:43:15  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple took the opportunity to talk to her partner after Artemus left the saloon.

"How are you really, Pet?" she was genuinely concerned, and Pet turned away from the look in Apple's eye.

"Fine Deb, just fine." She was short with Apple. "How'd ya' do gettin' out of the Tiger? You blow it up?" she smirked with pleasure at the thought of high explosives.

Apple was not an explosives person unless she was handed one to throw, and Pet knew it. "No, ma'am. The people of Thortonville want to convert that into a respectable hotel. Louella was taken to jail, and she was none to happy to see Jeremy looking respectable, either!" she laughed. Pet did not reciprocate. Instead she looked past Apple at a far off point not in any line of sight. Apple knew that this was not good.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  08:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the estate, Pidge and Bosley heard a rumble accompanied by a large cloud of black smoke in the distance. Pidge walked over to Bosley and grabbed his arm. She meant to keep him steady but he mistook it for something else. He stood a little straighter and patted her hand.

"It's all right, dear. I'm sure it's nothing more than some project the Colonel is working on."

The Colonel gave him a sharp look. "That's not from any of my projects, Mr. Cranston. I'll have one of my boys take a good look and find out what exactly that was." And with that, He excused himself and left the room.

"Bosley, that has get to be Pet. Wow!" she says in awe. "Pet sure knows how to blowee uppee. You can see that one for miles."

The door opens and the Colonel steps back inside. "My apologies, Mr. Cranston. And this beautiful lady must be..." He reaches for her hand.

Bosley beams, "This is my wife. Pidge Cranston."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cranston."

Pidge bows her head slightly and extends her hand for the Colonel. He raises it to his lips briefly. "Thank you, Colonel. It's a pleasure to meet you, too."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  08:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Colonel walks over to a small table where sits two decantors.

"A little brandy, Mr. Cranston?"

"No, I never touch the stuff." Pidge, still holding his arm, pinches him. "On second thought, yes, that would be nice. (he looks at Pidge and then back to the Colonel) Thank you."

The Colonel pours out two drinks. "Mrs. Cranston, perhaps you would be more interested in meeting with Mrs. Franklin. She is having a little tea with some ladies from town."

Pidge squeezes Bosley's arm. "Thank you. That would be absolutely lovely. Now, Bosley, dear. Please make sure that you don't take up too much of the Colonel's time. I know how much you love fine artwork but...he is a busy man.

"Nonsense, Mrs. Cranston. We're never too busy to talk about the finer things in life. (he walks slowly over to the fireplace). Fine food. Beautiful women, (he lifts his glass to her and pauses for effect)...fine wine. Please. Let me take you to Mrs. Franklin and let her introduce you to the elite of society." He holds out his arm to Pidge. She gives Bosley a peck on the cheek and walks over to the Colonel. Bosley watches them go and raises his hand to his kissed cheek in wonder.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000